PDA

View Full Version : NBA trade deadline

ERoyal248
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Perkins, Muhammed, and Nate Robinson to Bos for Jeff Green and Krstic. Don't get that trade from Boston, they must be ready to matchup with Miami in the ECF. Boston is probably going to get Troy Murphy, and i think they got Anthony Parker too.

That team could win the title, they lacked one thing last year, size, now have Perk, Ibaka, Muhammed and some others. And i'd imagine Ibaka moves into the starting lineup.

Gerald Wallace traded to Portland for a 2nd rounder and Pryzbilla.

Aaron Brooks traded to Phoenix for Dragic and picks.

Thabeet and a 1st to Houston for Battier.

And some others.

Very, very interesting trade deadline.

OKC made out the best.

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Glad that Gallinari and Nene weren't traded... I have no idea why Boston made that trade. That was one huge advantage they had over Miami. Now they have to pray Shaq can stay healthy for the entire playoffs...

Also the Pacers got OJ Mayo from Memphis.

The Experience
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Glad that Gallinari and Nene weren't traded... I have no idea why Boston made that trade. That was one huge advantage they had over Miami. Now they have to pray Shaq can stay healthy for the entire playoffs...

Also the Pacers got OJ Mayo from Memphis.

No they didn't. The deal was voided because it was not submitted before the deadline.

the0rangecrush
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
No they didn't. The deal was voided because it was not submitted before the deadline.

Yep that's got to be awkward

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 02:53 PM

http://cheerusup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/633491769441562664-epic-fail.jpg

Memphis: "We decided to keep you because we think you are a star and we think we can go places with you leading this team."

Oj Mayo: "That's b.s. You waited till the last minute and ran out of time like a bunch of newbs." :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Houston gave up a good player. For thabeet, I think they way over paid.

Kno-Sean
02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Houston gave up a good player. For thabeet, I think they way over paid.

They have Chase Budinger. Plus they got a 1st round pick and a much needed Center.

Wasn't Thabeet like the #2 overall pick? He has a chance to be a very good basketball player.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
http://cheerusup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/633491769441562664-epic-fail.jpg

Memphis: "We decided to keep you because we think you are a star and we think we can go places with you leading this team."

Oj Mayo: "That's b.s. You waited till the last minute and ran out of time like a bunch of newbs." :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8b0IKQxx2k

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
They have Chase Budinger.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BluenOrnge4Life
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8b0IKQxx2k

Lol that's hilarious AL. :laugh:

Spyder
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
I have no idea why Boston made that trade. That was one huge advantage they had over Miami. Now they have to pray Shaq can stay healthy for the entire playoffs...

For this season it doesn't make any sense, but they're clearing cap money so they can go after Dwight Howard next season.

Mark it down.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
They have Chase Budinger. Plus they got a 1st round pick and a much needed Center.

Wasn't Thabeet like the #2 overall pick? He has a chance to be a very good basketball player.

Have you watched Thabeet play. This is also the number 2 pick that was sent to the D league last year because he was so bad. Thabeet is only good to pick up 5 fouls. If they start him or give him significant PT over the next year or 2, LOL. He could develop, but he has a long ways to go.

Draft picks in the NBA are almost worthless.

Amari24
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Have you watched Thabeet play. This is also the number 2 pick that was sent to the D league last year because he was so bad. Thabeet is only good to pick up 5 fouls. If they start him or give him significant PT over the next year or 2, LOL. He could develop, but he has a long ways to go.

Draft picks in the NBA are almost worthless.

This certainly makes me puke. As a Houston fan myself, Aaron Brooks was our best player on that team behind Martin, and he actually showed the potential to be an All-star in this league. The only potential Thabeet has shown is BUST potential. Thabeet will never amount to anything in the NBA, I said that before he was even drafted. He's too thin to play Center in the NBA, he always gets man handeled in the paint, and just lacks the intangibles.

I know it has something to do with Aaron's contract setting to expire, plus we signed Ish Smith to that huge deal, but this trade is stupid. I can't get over it. But at the same time, we were loaded at PG, but this trade still makes no sense. Brooks is 10x better than Dragic.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2011, 07:05 PM
This certainly makes me puke. As a Houston fan myself, Aaron Brooks was our best player on that team behind Martin, and he actually showed the potential to be an All-star in this league. The only potential Thabeet has shown is BUST potential. Thabeet will never amount to anything in the NBA, I said that before he was even drafted. He's too thin to play Center in the NBA, he always gets man handeled in the paint, and just lacks the intangibles.

I know it has something to do with Aaron's contract setting to expire, plus we signed Ish Smith to that huge deal, but this trade is stupid. I can't get over it. But at the same time, we were loaded at PG, but this trade still makes no sense. Brooks is 10x better than Dragic.

I know Houston wanted/needed a Center. But sounds like to me they got desperate. Im not too sure what direction they are headed in. But good luck, Houston is always a thorn in the Nuggets side especially Martin.

ERoyal248
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
For this season it doesn't make any sense, but they're clearing cap money so they can go after Dwight Howard next season.

Mark it down.

I agree with that, and they could still win a title with the roster they have.

Spice 1
02-24-2011, 09:16 PM

Mark it down.

I guess they didn't think that they could beat the Spurs this year. That, or they are confident that they still can. I don't know how you jeopardize a potential championship for something that may never materialize. *** Boston?

Dragic is a good player. Houston wasn't about to win anything anyways. Might as well pick up another good pg, and some picks.

I wonder what Mike is doing trading Wallace for garbage though? Must have been an act of charity on Wallace's behalf.

GridironChamp
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
OKC gonna be scary good come playoffs and next year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I guess they didn't think that they could beat the Spurs this year. That, or they are confident that they still can. I don't know how you jeopardize a potential championship for something that may never materialize. *** Boston?

Dragic is a good player. Houston wasn't about to win anything anyways. Might as well pick up another good pg, and some picks.

I wonder what Mike is doing trading Wallace for garbage though? Must have been an act of charity on Wallace's behalf.

Dumping Wallace had to do with rebuilding. It also helps Portland soften the blow of Brandon Roy's degenerative condition. It's too bad for Portland; if Roy's knees could hold up and Greg Oden could love up to his potential they would have been scary good by now.

Spice 1
02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Dumping Wallace had to do with rebuilding. It also helps Portland soften the blow of Brandon Roy's degenerative condition. It's too bad for Portland; if Roy's knees could hold up and Greg Oden could love up to his potential they would have been scary good by now.

Yeah, that's a shame about Roy. His career is not over though. Plenty of guys have lost their knees and adjusted. I think he may still wind up being a quality player for years. Oden though, yeah he's a mess.

I get what you (and the Cats) are saying about Wallace, but who are they going to sign to replace him? Wallace is an invaluable player, because he can do everything, and is willing to fill any role. I don't see them drafting a guy in the second round who is going to replace that either. I think this was a bad move all the way.

I agree with Gridiron. The Thunder flim flammed some people today.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-25-2011, 04:30 AM
The worst move by far, in my opinion, is the Bobcats trading Gerald. That dude does all the dirty work. May not look pretty all the time, but the dude gets it done. It makes no sense to trade him, and I doubt it has anything to do with rebuilding, as the past few years Gerald has been rumored to be on the block. Jordan either just doesn't like him, or doesn't like his contract. I've heard rumors that MJ was looking to shed payroll to sell the team, but I haven't been following Charlotte that closely, so I have no idea if those rumors are valid. Maybe I'm just over-rating Gerald, but I absolutely love his game and would take him on my team any day of the week.

Also, if this was purely a move to start rebuilding, the 2 first round picks they got were from Portland, whose picks won't be in the lottery. How often to picks that low pan out? Not very. Heck, the entire NBA draft is hit or miss, much less a pick in the 20's. If this was strictly about rebuilding, this is the best they could do for Gerald?