PDA

View Full Version : What sport has more injuries NBA or NFL?

Chillez
03-02-2011, 07:15 PM
So me and my best friend had a debate on what sport has more injury's each year overall. I voted NBA basketball in general just thought I ask wanted to see what other people would say. If you could give me a reason why you choice NBA or NFL that would be awesome. Just wanted get a idea what others thought. Thanks! :salute:

Chillez
03-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Bump ^^^

I think I might of but this poll in wrong area could a mod please move it to "other sports" section If possible. Thanks Chillez!

Atwnbroncfan
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
NFL, players take on a bigger physical beating. NBA is more of finese injuries. Your guaranteed to lose at least one player to injury per season and per game to be out in NFL.

Chillez
03-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Come on people vote we need more votes than this.... :mad:

prez
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
id say NFL , more season endings and higher %s

Rollo
03-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Google It

Nfl has way more players, so more injuries

But %, idk

12and4
03-02-2011, 11:39 PM
I think if this were in GD you'da gotten more hits... and it'll be more appropriate in there...

nba has pansy ass injuries but the nfl has real injuries

CTM
03-02-2011, 11:41 PM
No doubt the NFL with 1600 players will have more players injured throughout the year.

But then what constitutes an injury? Does it count if the athlete can still play?

Is it the amount of games missed? If its this then you'd have to reconsider as the NBA plays tons more games and a player with a two week recovery might miss 8-9 games instead of an NFL player with a two week recovery who only misses two games.

Idk, sort of an interesting question that needs deeper analysis, but I'm too lazy to do the analysis so I'll just say NFL because of the bigger hits :P

prez
03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
No doubt the NFL with 1600 players will have more players injured throughout the year.

But then what constitutes an injury? Does it count if the athlete can still play?

Is it the amount of games missed? If its this then you'd have to reconsider as the NBA plays tons more games and a player with a two week recovery might miss 8-9 games instead of an NFL player with a two week recovery who only misses two games.

Idk, sort of an interesting question that needs deeper analysis, but I'm too lazy to do the analysis so I'll just say NFL because of the bigger hits :P

good call..........:goz:

Chillez
03-03-2011, 12:16 AM

Yeah I think you hit nail on the head great post. NFL wins! :td:

I think if this were in GD you'da gotten more hits... and it'll be more appropriate in there...

nba has pansy ass injuries but the nfl has real injuries

Yeah you are totally right I but this thread in wrong area on accident dumb me... ugh I agree with you though I was wrong I thought NBA would have more injury's but in reality NFL has more players than NBA with a bigger league personal wise which = more injury's.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2011, 12:24 AM
The NFL injuries are not just injuries. The injuries you get in football out number any injury you get in basketball.

Not only that but the fact that the football injuries pay heavy later in life. So many players still are messed up by concussions. Careers ended by pinch nerves in the neck.

But Hockey is the lease pansy sport.

Chillez
03-03-2011, 12:44 AM
The NFL injuries are not just injuries. The injuries you get in football out number any injury you get in basketball.

Not only that but the fact that the football injuries pay heavy later in life. So many players still are messed up by concussions. Careers ended by pinch nerves in the neck.

But Hockey is the lease pansy sport.

You got that right, almost every hockey highlight I watch there is a fist fight the hits they take in games is crazy. Tough guys....

They receive lot of wear and tear over period of time I don't know how some players in league play so many years I guess goalie would be safest to play. I'm not hockey fan though so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2011, 12:48 AM
You got that right, almost every hockey highlight I watch there is a fist fight the hits they take in games is crazy. Tough guys....

They receive lot of wear and tear over period of time I don't know how some players in league play so many years I guess goalie would be safest to play. I'm not hockey fan though so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Oh worst things happen, some players play, with broken jaws, wrist, leg injuries, broken hand,etc.

I think they like getting the mess knocked out of them.

Chillez
03-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh worst things happen, some players play, with broken jaws, wrist, leg injuries, broken hand,etc.

I think they like getting the mess knocked out of them.

Yep if wanta play Hockey gotta be different kind of cat. I think they really enjoy it hahahaa.

12and4
03-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Plus hockey has the best ritual of any sport in existence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ5EZ9E2kfw

skip to 1:45

dbfan2007
03-03-2011, 01:53 AM
I always get hurt playing basketball, rarely football.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2011, 02:00 AM
I always get hurt playing basketball, rarely football.

I'm 19, I've been playing football since I was 7. I only had 1 injury. I never played basketball in school, but i play allot at the airforce base, never got hurt.(no I'm not in the airforce)

GridironChamp
03-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm saying NFL because NBA players sit out games and games for bruised hands,
fractured fingers, ect... You sit out alot more while just hurt in the NBA whereas
in the NFL your only out if injured.