PDA

View Full Version : If football is locked out next season..

ChrisKamanowns
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Does anyone think Rugby will become more popular in mainstream U.S.A.?

the0rangecrush
03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Curling I'm telling you next BIG thing

ChrisKamanowns
03-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Curling I'm telling you next BIG thing

Curling is oddly fascinating I will say that much.

the0rangecrush
03-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Curling is oddly fascinating I will say that. much

It's one of those things where your not sure how it happened but somehow you're just watching it.

InElwayWeTrust
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I would watch the world series of poker before rugby and curling... Lol

ChrisKamanowns
03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
I would watch the world series of poker before rugby and curling... Lol

Have you ever watched rugby before?

Also, if that was sarcasm please inform me! ha

Frenchy180
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
my vote goes for Curling!

Foez
03-15-2011, 10:35 PM
CURLING! During the last Olympics me and my friends got into watching that and laughing at how the main guy for Canada looked like the bald guy who was in a bunch of comedys in the 80's I can't remember his name I hope someone can help me.

http://www.vancouverrestaurants.com/files/canada-curling.jpg

InElwayWeTrust
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Yea ChrisK, I've seen rugby before and to be honest I can't stand it. People that say it's rougher than football are crazy. If Ray Lewis went to rugby, he would injure every player on the field in like 10 minutes. It doesn't appeal to me AT ALL. I'd rather just only watch college ball.

1..2..3..Broncos
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I personally don't think rugby will ever be a mainstream sport in the usa for the simple fact that theres so many mainstream sports and that why play rugby when you can just play football.
now onto the subject of rugby not being as tough as football i tend to disagree as they both suffer bad injuries but if you were to ask a nfl player to play a top tier game of rugby like international level he would be exausted just by the end of the first half but if you asked a international rugby player to play a nfl game he would probably wouldn't be exhausted but probably badly injured because both nfl and rugby players bodies are prepared differantly for the sports they play. sorry just my:2cents:

Tom155
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately it will run it to the problem many overseas sports face of ignorant americans illustrated very well in InElwayWeTrust's post no idea what they talking about, think anything american is always better. Just sad they wont open up their eyes & broaden their horizons a bit.

ChrisKamanowns
03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately it will run it to the problem many overseas sports face of ignorant americans illustrated very well in InElwayWeTrust's post no idea what they talking about, think anything american is always better. Just sad they wont open up their eyes & broaden their horizons a bit.

I agree and disagree. I have played rugby for about 5 years now and have loved every second of it. I'd much rather watch rugby over any sport besides Broncos football. It's every bit as physical as football. That is not even an argument in my opinion. I played 8 years of football so I have a little bit of experience with both sports.

ChrisKamanowns
03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Yea ChrisK, I've seen rugby before and to be honest I can't stand it. People that say it's rougher than football are crazy. If Ray Lewis went to rugby, he would injure every player on the field in like 10 minutes. It doesn't appeal to me AT ALL. I'd rather just only watch college ball.

Ray lewis would have a rough time for a while if he played at the elite level of rugby(compared to the NFL)

the0rangecrush
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Don't get me wrong rugby is one hell of a sport, I enjoy watching rugby and catch it when it's on. However there is a point with NFL athletes, not saying they are tougher but ate more athletic. Not that rugby isn't it's just NFL players are the cream of the crop. If I remember correctly the best player in the world last year, was considered worth bringing in for a try out. I'm not saying all NFL players are better, but some would definitely be stars.

Tom155
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
chris are you talking about 1 particular form of rugby or both?

Tom155
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Don't get me wrong rugby is one hell of a sport, I enjoy watching rugby and catch it when it's on. However there is a point with NFL athletes, not saying they are tougher but ate more athletic. Not that rugby isn't it's just NFL players are the cream of the crop. If I remember correctly the best player in the world last year, was considered worth bringing in for a try out. I'm not saying all NFL players are better, but some would definitely be stars.yeah that was greg inglis from rugby league there is also rugby union.

Im not saying either codes athletes are better than the other they are very different needing different abilities & skill some are needed/used more in the rugby's others are focused on more by nfl athletes, just idiotic posts like the one i referred too annoy me.

ChrisKamanowns
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
chris are you talking about 1 particular form of rugby or both?

Okay, I probably sound stupid, but I am guessing you're talking about either 7's or 15's? If not that then I'm not sure. I have never played 7's...

Tom155
03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Okay, I probably sound stupid, but I am guessing you're talking about either 7's or 15's? If not that then I'm not sure. I have never played 7's...the two forms of rugby are

Rugby League
13 Players on field for each team at a time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

Rugby Union
15 Players on field for each team at a time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union

Both have 7's variations in which teams are made up of seven players, instead of the usual 13/15, with shorter matches.

Frenchy180
03-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Sorry, I've watched Rugby before, it wasn't my cup of tea. I think it's pretty ignorant to assume all american's are to ignorant to give things a shot.

ChrisKamanowns
03-17-2011, 05:32 AM
the two forms of rugby are

Rugby League
13 Players on field for each team at a time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

Rugby Union
15 Players on field for each team at a time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union

Both have 7's variations in which teams are made up of seven players, instead of the usual 13/15, with shorter matches.

I have played unofficial 13's games but only ever played in official rugby union matches

Tom155
03-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I've watched Rugby before, it wasn't my cup of tea. I think it's pretty ignorant to assume all american's are to ignorant to give things a shot.

never said all americans were ignorant at all