PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Opening Day....

Southstander
03-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Who else is excited? Good luck to your team.:salute:

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm extremely excited...you have no idea...I think this will be the best Rockies team....ever.

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm extremely excited...you have no idea...I think this will be the best Rockies team....ever.

Great Lineup [V]
Good/Great bullpen (IMO) [V]
Promising pitching staff [V]
September success [V]
Great manager [V]

Barring injury, the Rockies are going to be VERY tough to take down this season. Go Rox

BroncoManiac_69
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I do follow and root for the Rockies but....

GO REDS!!

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I do follow and root for the Rockies but....

GO REDS!!

Carlos Gonzalez > Joey Votto

Cargo's winning MVP this season. Either him or Tulo

the0rangecrush
03-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Just saying its not a countdown, without some sort of time measurement. Also

Go Rockies!!!

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
9 Days 12 Hours 32 Minutes and 32 Seconds

UNTIL BASEBALL!!!

Southstander
03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
First,

Go Red Sox!!

Second, while I do think the Rockies are a good team, I do knot think they are the NL team to beat this season. You guys need one maybe two more pieces to get over the hump.

the0rangecrush
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
First,
Go Red Sox!!

Second, while I do think the Rockies are a good team, I do knot think they are the NL team to beat this season. You guys need one maybe two more pieces to get over the hump.

The phillies with that rotation even with the injuries are the team to beat no question about it, but I think the rockies can pull it off

Southstander
03-21-2011, 09:37 PM
The phillies with that rotation even with the injuries are the team to beat no question about it, but I think the rockies can pull it off

Plus you have the Giants to deal with. I think you need another arm and a bat or two. Helton is not getting any younger.

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Plus you have the Giants to deal with. I think you need another arm and a bat or two. Helton is not getting any younger.

He's had a hell of a spring. I'm sure he will be loads better than last year.

Giants really don't scare me. Phillies on the other hand terrify me.

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they did really good, but I think they could be a little over hyped. Plus their team isn't getting any younger, and Chase Utley has already shown that.

Southstander
03-21-2011, 09:55 PM

Tell you what let's make a CP bet on weather or not the Rox win their Div.

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM

:( You really don't like our chances.

But yes sir, I will take that bet. I have a lot of faith, and if not, I lose a CP to a good poster. :P

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2011, 10:03 PM

I'll take that bet too.

Southstander
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
:( You really don't like our chances.

But yes sir, I will take that bet. I have a lot of faith, and if not, I lose a CP to a good poster. :P

Its not that I do not like your chances, its that I view you more as a rising team. As I said get another arm and add a bat, (maybe two, depending on Helton's future) and you will have arrived. In a different thread I said if you face AL West team in the World Series you will take it.

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Its not that I do not like your chances, its that I view you more as a rising team. As I said get another arm and add a bat, (maybe two, depending on Helton's future) and you will have arrived. In a different thread I said if you face AL West team in the World Series you will take it.

Yeah, our future at 1st base really worries me. I agree we need to add another arm as well.

I just have really high hopes this season, and think we can make a deep run for it. But there are better teams out there, no doubt, but we are built for the future, which is very exciting.

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
My 2011 Predictions:

NL West: Rockies (IMO, the best all around team in the division)

NL Central: Reds. The Cardinals will be hurt with Wainwright missing the season and Carpenter has injury problems too. I want to see if Grienke can pitch in a hitters park in Milwaukee before I say anything about them.

NL East - Phillies. The Braves will definitely compete, but the Phillies rotation is just too good.

Wild Card - Braves. I expect the Giants to compete, but they did lose a power bat in the offseason (Uribe) and Auriila is old and inconsistent. Hitting helps win in the MLB. (See the Seattle Mariners first before you reply to my comment)

AL West - Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Athletics win, but Texas is still a very talented team. Even without Cliff Lee.

AL Central - White Sox. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins won, but IMO, the Sox are better overall than the Twins. I'll give the Twins the advantage, hitting wise, but the Sox have a very good lineup too, and IMO, Chicago's pitching rotation is better.

AL East: Red Sox. Gotta acknowledge what they did in the offseason. They have a very talented team. Would surprise me if they DIDN'T win.

AL Wild Card: Yankees. They're still a great team, but great pitching rotations win ballgames and World Series Titles. Other than CC, who do they got?

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 10:13 PM
My 2011 Predictions:

NL Central: Reds. The Cardinals will be hurt with Wainwright missing the season and Carpenter has injury problems too. I want to see if Grienke can pitch in a hitters park in Milwaukee before I say anything about them.

NL East - Phillies. The Braves will definitely compete, but the Phillies rotation is just too good.

Wild Card - Braves. I expect the Giants to compete, but they did lose a power bat in the offseason (Uribe) and Auriila is old and inconsistent. Hitting helps win in the MLB. (See the Seattle Mariners first before you reply to my comment)

AL West - Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Athletics win, but Texas is still a very talented team. Even without Cliff Lee.

AL Central - White Sox. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins won, but IMO, the Sox are better overall than the Twins. I'll give the Twins the advantage, hitting wise, but the Sox have a very good lineup too, and IMO, Chicago's pitching rotation is better.

AL East: Red Sox. Gotta acknowledge what they did in the offseason. They have a very talented team. Would surprise me if they DIDN'T win.

AL Wild Card: Yankees. They're still a great team, but great pitching rotations win ballgames and World Series Titles. Other than CC, who do they got?

Agreed. But I think I'd take the Twins > White Sox

Southstander
03-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I can live your predictions. If my Sox win a third WS in eight years I do not know what I would do. To think I have been blessed to see it twice, when generations of Sox fans did amazes me. At this point anymore is icing on the cake.

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I can live your predictions. If my Sox win a third WS in eight years I do not know what I would do. To think I have been blessed to see it twice, when generations of Sox fans did amazes me. At this point anymore is icing on the cake.

You are very lucky indeed. And you very well might see a 3rd.

I hope the Rockies see their first though :)

Southstander
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
You are very lucky indeed. And you very well might see a 3rd.

I hope the Rockies see their first though :)

It is a feeling like no other. Heck I am tearing up thinking about it. I hope you know this joy. I also would love to see the Cubbies win it.

Broncoholic3233
03-21-2011, 10:55 PM
It is a feeling like no other. Heck I am tearing up thinking about it. I hope you know this joy. I also would love to see the Cubbies win it.

I've been pretty fortunate so far. Though, I really want to see the Rockies win one more than anything.

Even though I was pretty young I've seen 2 Broncos Superbowls, 2 Avalanche Stanley Cups and 2 Duke Basketball National Championships.

Very emotional no doubt. Goose bumps galore thinking back on any of them.

But just thinking of the last game against AZ to go to the WS in 2007 gives me crazy chills. Very fortunate to be able to attend that game.

Southstander
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
I've been pretty fortunate so far. Though, I really want to see the Rockies win one more than anything.

Even though I was pretty young I've seen 2 Broncos Superbowls, 2 Avalanche Stanley Cups and 2 Duke Basketball National Championships.

Very emotional no doubt. Goose bumps galore thinking back on any of them.

But just thinking of the last game against AZ to go to the WS in 2007 gives me crazy chills. Very fortunate to be able to attend that game.

For me it is

x 2 Sox
x2 Broncos
x2 Avs
x1 Celtics
x 4 Jeff Gordon
x 5 Jimmie Johnson
x 2 Al Unser Jr.
x 3 Patriots

Not to mention any Daytona's or Indy's.

Broncoholic JS
03-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Rockies vs. Yankees in the Word Series!!

Bronco51
03-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Yeah, our future at 1st base really worries me. I agree we need to add another arm as well.

I just have really high hopes this season, and think we can make a deep run for it. But there are better teams out there, no doubt, but we are built for the future, which is very exciting.

Pujols in 2012!!:rockon::rockon:

#1snake_fan
03-22-2011, 07:48 AM
My 2011 Predictions:

My 2011 predictions

NL West : San Francisco. Not the most powerful lineup but they have amazing pitching and as we've seen Pitching is what wins

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds. I think they are for real they have good pitching and a good line up Votto and Bruce are still young to lead this team for years

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies. Best team in the National League hitting fielding and of course pitching i think their only weak spot is their Closer

NL Wild Card: Colorado Rockies. I think they will finish a game or two out of first behind San Francisco and will make it to the NLCS against the Giants

AL West : Texas Rangers. Good team in a weak division biggest threat ... Oakland

AL Central : Minnesota Twins. Good pitching and a decent lineup and anyline up with Joe Mauer is pretty good

AL East : Boston Red Sox. anyone shocked here ?

AL Wild Card : Oakland Athletics. The Yankees need pitching and they aren't going to get Lariano From Minnestoa and theres really no free agent arms left the Rays suck and the Angels won't catch Oakland or Texas

So the Brackets look like

San Francisco - 3
Cincinnati - 1

Colorado - 3
Philadelphia - 2

Texas - 2
Minnesota - 3

Oakland - 0
Boston - 3

San Francisco - 4
Colorado -2

Minnesota - 2
Boston -4

San Francisco - 0
Boston - 4

2011 World Series Champions

Boston Red Sox

BroncoFanBoy
03-22-2011, 08:13 AM
My 2011 predictions

NL West : San Francisco. Not the most powerful lineup but they have amazing pitching and as we've seen Pitching is what wins

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds. I think they are for real they have good pitching and a good line up Votto and Bruce are still young to lead this team for years

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies. Best team in the National League hitting fielding and of course pitching i think their only weak spot is their Closer

NL Wild Card: Colorado Rockies. I think they will finish a game or two out of first behind San Francisco and will make it to the NLCS against the Giants

AL West : Texas Rangers. Good team in a weak division biggest threat ... Oakland

AL Central : Minnesota Twins. Good pitching and a decent lineup and anyline up with Joe Mauer is pretty good

AL East : Boston Red Sox. anyone shocked here ?

AL Wild Card : Oakland Athletics. The Yankees need pitching and they aren't going to get Lariano From Minnestoa and theres really no free agent arms left the Rays suck and the Angels won't catch Oakland or Texas

So the Brackets look like

San Francisco - 3
Cincinnati - 1

Colorado - 3
Philadelphia - 2

Texas - 2
Minnesota - 3

Oakland - 0
Boston - 3

San Francisco - 4
Colorado -2

Minnesota - 2
Boston -4

San Francisco - 0
Boston - 4

2011 World Series Champions

Boston Red Sox

San Fran's pretty possible. They'll need to prove losing Uribe won't hurt their lineup and Aubery Huff needs to be more consistant. Who else is there in their lineup other than Buster Posey? I like how you have us beating the Phillies tho :thumb:

I doubt the Sox sweep the Giants, but they should win easily. I say Sox in 5 if that happens

Kno-Sean
03-22-2011, 09:11 AM
minnesota twins

Eddiemac730
03-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Yea Baby!... I can't wait!

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/6340279abedd41a33a2e277ed7736cae/MLB-Padres-vs-Rockies.jpg

Rockies VS. Twins World Series!...

#1snake_fan
03-22-2011, 10:04 AM

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/6340279abedd41a33a2e277ed7736cae/MLB-Padres-vs-Rockies.jpg

I just don't see that happening

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it

#1snake_fan
03-22-2011, 10:06 AM
My Championships

2x Sox

2x Broncos

1x Miami Heat (soon to be 2x)

Im still waiting for my first taste of Lords Stanley's Cup with my Hometown San Jose Sharks !!!

But yeah the pure Emotion that comes out of true fans when they're team wins it all is amazing I get choked up when I talk about Game 4 of the ALCS in 2004 and Of the World Series in 2004 and 2007 was so special I can't wait for 2011 and for the Sox to hoist the trophy for an EIGHTH time

Southstander
03-22-2011, 10:41 AM

I agree with #1snake for teams to make it, is along shot. The Rox have to go through Philly (or a team that beats them), the Cards, Reds and Giants. The Twins have to face My Sox, the Yanks, and Rangers. So it is a long shot at best.

BroncoFanBoy
03-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it

Ok team? You gotta be great to be in the NLCS. Plus, in your prediction, you had us beating the Phillies in the NLDS. So we're just ok?

Southstander
03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok team? You gotta be great to be in the NLCS. Plus, in your prediction, you had us beating the Phillies in the NLDS. So we're just ok?

You "can" make it to an LCS on "luck". Rockies fans do not want to hear it, but you had a ton of luck on your side in 07. The Brewers had to win the last game of the season for you to have to force a one game playoff. Holiday's face first slide into home. Yes, it took a good team to capitalize on that luck, but you cannot. Ignore it.

#1snake_fan
03-22-2011, 01:05 PM

Like South said you can make it to the LCS on luck and besides looking at the Rockies in 2007 look at Boston in 2004 granted we didn't make it to the LCS on luck but we did make it to the World Series on luck.

So being ok during the regular season gets you to the postseason and who you play gets you to the World Series.

Southstander
03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Like South said you can make it to the LCS on luck and besides looking at the Rockies in 2007 look at Boston in 2004 granted we didn't make it to the LCS on luck but we did make it to the World Series on luck.

So being ok during the regular season gets you to the postseason and who you play gets you to the World Series.

One strike away from being swept.

BroncoFanBoy
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM

So you predict us to beat the Phillies (a big time world series contender) on luck? Besides, as you just said, Boston won the series on luck after being down 3-0. They did also beat the Cardinals in the world series, so luck does happen, but it can happen to any team, regardless how good they are.

Southstander
03-22-2011, 02:11 PM
So you predict us to beat the Phillies (a big time world series contender) on luck? Besides, as you just said, Boston won the series on luck after being down 3-0. They did also beat the Cardinals in the world series, so luck does happen, but it can happen to any team, regardless how good they are.

Sorry bro, but I am missing your point on this one.

BroncoFanBoy
03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry bro, but I am missing your point on this one.

Luck happens.. yes, but not all the time.

ERoyal248
03-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll take that bet too.

I'll take that bet as well.

Giants take the division this year, more well rounded top to bottom.

ERoyal248
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
NL East- Phillies but if Utley's health continues to be a problem, i think we can take the division. And if one of their Top 4 go down, it's not looking good, they don't have much depth at all to cover injuries.

NL West- Giants, great rotation 1-5, better offense then people give them credit for a good bullpen.

NL Central- Reds, i had the Cards until Waino went down.

NL Wild Card- Braves, if we played in any other division, we would win our division. I'm not gonna be shocked if Philly and Atlanta swapped places though.

AL East- Red Sox, but they need Beckett and Lackey to bounce back big-time. That offense is flat out stacked top to bottom.

AL West- Angels, like their rotation, good lineup, solid bullpen. The loss of Lee for the Rangers is huge and if they move Feliz in the rotation, that's stupid.

AL Central- White Sox, that lineup is going to score a ton of runs. Very good rotation as well, question at the backend of the bullpen though.

AL Wild Card- Yankees, and i don't their rotation is near as bad as some people say. Burnett should bounce back this year, Hughes is solid, Nova looks like a good, young pitcher, and Garcia is serviceable at the #5 spot. And if they are leading after 7, it's pretty much a done deal with Soriano/Mo in the 8th/9th.

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2011, 05:05 PM
NL East- Phillies but if Utley's health continues to be a problem, i think we can take the division. And if one of their Top 4 go down, it's not looking good, they don't have much depth at all to cover injuries.

NL West- Great rotation 1-5, better offense then people give them credit for a good bullpen.

NL Central- Reds, i had the Cards until Waino went down.

NL Wild Card- Braves, if we played in any other division, we would win our division. I'm not gonna be shocked if Philly and Atlanta swapped places though.

AL East- Red Sox, but they need Beckett and Lackey to bounce back big-time. That offense is flat out stacked top to bottom.

AL West- Angels, like their rotation, good lineup, solid bullpen. The loss of Lee for the Rangers is huge and if they move Feliz in the rotation, that's stupid.

AL Central- White Sox, that lineup is going to score a ton of runs. Very good rotation as well, question at the backend of the bullpen though.

AL Wild Card- Yankees, and i don't their rotation is near as bad as some people say. Burnett should bounce back this year, Hughes is solid, Nova looks like a good, young pitcher, and Garcia is serviceable at the #5 spot. And if they are leading after 7, it's pretty much a done deal with Soriano/Mo in the 8th/9th.

Shocking. The only person to leave the Rockies off their list because I'm assuming you mean the Giants for the West, seeing as though you don't have a team name there.

ERoyal248
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Shocking. The only person to leave the Rockies off their list because I'm assuming you mean the Giants for the West, seeing as though you don't have a team name there.

Yes, i meant Giants, typo.

More well rounded overall then the Rockies.

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Yes, i meant Giants, typo.

More well rounded overall then the Rockies.

Yes and no.

They are definitely better in the pitching department. But I think we are better fielders and hitters definitely.

Pitching is the most important part though....but I'll take the Rockies :)

Kno-Sean
03-22-2011, 06:21 PM

I agree with #1snake for teams to make it, is along shot. The Rox have to go through Philly (or a team that beats them), the Cards, Reds and Giants. The Twins have to face My Sox, the Yanks, and Rangers. So it is a long shot at best.

Saying the Twins are "ok" is laughable.

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.

BroncoFanBoy
03-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll take that bet as well.

Giants take the division this year, more well rounded top to bottom.

Pitching wise, yes. But if you think the Giants have a better lineup than the Rockies do, you're crazy. And I believe our rotation will be better than what people give them credit for. Will it be best in the MLB? No. That's Philly.

Losing a 24 home run guy in Uribe doesn't help and Aubery Huff is old and I wouldn't expect him to hit 26 homers again. Best all around team in the NL West is the Rockies.

Southstander
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.

I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
8 Days 12 Hours 36 Minutes 10 Seconds

garzjoe
03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
Joe

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
Joe

It's so expensive......but it's so worth it.....

DO IT!

Broncoholic JS
03-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Keep hating on the Rockies everyone, they will just laugh at you in October!

The Rockies are for real this year and will surprise you all.

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2011, 10:18 PM

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).

That'd be awesome

Southstander
03-23-2011, 04:43 AM

Who is hating on the Rockies?

#1snake_fan
03-23-2011, 07:17 AM

I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.

First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry

#1snake_fan
03-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Who is hating on the Rockies?

No one is but real Baseball fans who don't praise the Rockies like you and I don't are called Haters ...

Now niether you nor I said the Rockies would not win the World Series we just said it will not be easy apparently that = Hating

Again I have Colorado in the NLCS against San Francisco a Series that if it does happen the Rockies COULD win but it WILL NOT be EASY

Same with the Twins lover I have them against Boston in the ALCS a series that MINNESOTA COULD win but again IT WILL NOT BE EASY

So get off us because we won't hand you the Trophy

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 07:47 AM
First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry

Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year.

Just like the Red Sox should be better than their 3rd place finish last year.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.

#1snake_fan
03-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.

The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating

How many games have you won in the 2011 regular season? Good thing the number of World Series Championships you have counts towards that. Not to mention almost all of them came before 1920.

You act like your teams history is going to help you this year...

Southstander
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Once again, #1 snake nor I said we have an easy trip to the WS. The AL East is bar none the HARDEST divison to win. If you don't not think so there is a tear in your marble bag. Why is it if someone gives an honest opinion about a team other then their own they are "Haters"? I have not attcked either team. #1 snake only did he was falsely accused of it. Note to ALL posters in this thread please do not trash ANY team.

#1snake_fan
03-23-2011, 09:31 AM
How many games have you won in the 2011 regular season? Good thing the number of World Series Championships you have counts towards that. Not to mention almost all of them came before 1920.

You act like your teams history is going to help you this year...

and you act like your closer and very very very average First baseman are going to help you this year.

Here's the Twins "Best Players" Post season stats

Joe Mauer - .286 (Avg), 0 (Hr) ,1 (Rbi) , 10 (Hits) , 35 (Ab) in 9 games

Justin Morneau - .310 (Avg), 2 (Hr) , 4 (Rbi) , 9 (Hits), 29 (Ab) in 7 games

Yeah your much better than Boston will be in the post season ...Man everyone in American League look out for Minnesota :thumb:

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Once again, #1 snake nor I said we have an easy trip to the WS. The AL East is bar none the HARDEST divison to win. If you don't not think so there is a tear in your marble bag. Why is it if someone gives an honest opinion about a team other then their own they are "Haters"? I have not attcked either team. #1 snake only did he was falsely accused of it. Note to ALL posters in this thread please do not trash ANY team.

Oh when I read this post I thought he was smack talkin... Oh wait he is.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:39 AM
and you act like your closer and very very very average First baseman are going to help you this year.

Yeah your much better than Boston will be in the post season ...Man everyone in American League look out for Minnesota :thumb:

Average First Baseman? Oh my...

You mean the 2006 MVP?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=5379

You look at those stats and tell me he's average. Wow.

ERoyal248
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM

When healthy, Morneau is an elite 1st basemen, he's good for 30+ HR's, and 110+ RBI's. He's way above average, and won the MVP in 06 or 07 if i recall.

If he's average, Youkilis is average.

And as for Nathan, he's one of the few closers who when healthy is close to Rivera. Getting him back is HUGE for the Twins.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Oh when I read this post I thought he was smack talkin... Oh wait he is.

Was that before or after he was accused of being a "hater"?

Southstander
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
When healthy, Morneau is an elite 1st basemen, he's good for 30+ HR's, and 110+ RBI's. He's way above average, and won the MVP in 06 or 07 if i recall.

If he's average, Youkilis is average.

And as for Nathan, he's one of the few closers who when healthy is close to Rivera. Getting him back is HUGE for the Twins.

When Paps is on he is lights out.

#############

Can we please not run smack on here? There is a thread for that.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Was that before or after he was accused of being a "hater"?

I never once accused him of being a "hater"

I said saying the Twins are "ok" is a joke. I listed why, then I simply told the Red Sox fans (him especially) to stop acting like the Red Sox are far superior to everyone when the season hasn't even started yet.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
When Paps is on he is lights out.

#############

Can we please not run smack on here? There is a thread for that.

He wasn't smack talking. He told snake fan the truth about Morneau

Then he went on by saying if Morneau is average than so is Youk.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I never once accused him of being a "hater"

I said saying the Twins are "ok" is a joke. I listed why, then I simply told the Red Sox fans (him especially) to stop acting like the Red Sox are far superior to everyone when the season hasn't even started yet.

It was BJS. That started the haters, comment. It was not untill after that #1 snkae went in to attack mode.

He wasn't smack talking. He told snake fan the truth about Morneau

Then he went on by saying if Morneau is average than so is Youk.

I know, the ################# was to show that it was a different topic. I was ONCE AGAIN asking both sides to take a chill pill.

TecmoElway
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Eh, I don't think the AL East is "bar none" the hardest division to win. For the Yanks and Boston, who can simply out spend the other teams, winning the division is actually pretty easy. With the rare exception (TB), the AL East is pretty much a two team race decided before the season even starts. Competition does not really exist in the division--it's a two team race.

A division like the NL West typically has more competition between it's teams.

The problem I see in this thread with the heated discussion is that people are trying to pass off their opinions as facts without acknowledging they are simply expressing opinions.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 09:57 AM
It was BJS. That started the haters, comment. It was not untill after that #1 snkae went in to attack mode.

Oh and that makes it right...

Oh well, Good luck to all teams. Can't wait for another great season!

TecmoElway
03-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm an Ohio transplant in Colorado now. So, my view, Morneau (at least prior to the unfortunate injury) is definitely an upper tier first-bagger in MLB. He is well above an average hitter. Hopefully, he can continue to be that type of player.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh and that makes it right...

Oh well, Good luck to all teams. Can't wait for another great season!

I am not saying that it does make it alright.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I am not saying that it does make it alright.

It's ok South, no worries. :D

I'm over it.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Good luck to the Twins.

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Good luck to the Twins.

and to the Sox as well.

Only the Red ones though... I hate White Sox... haha

#1snake_fan
03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Average First Baseman? Oh my...

You mean the 2006 MVP?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=5379

You look at those stats and tell me he's average. Wow.

181 Home Runs 679 Runs Batted In .286 Average

That is extremely Average for a First Baseman a position known for it's power and if you can't see that then Im sorry you know nothing about Baseball.

And to anyone posting on here and sticking you nose in another conversation you should know the year the player won the Most Valuable Player Award if your going to stick up for him.

Can you show me where I said Kevin Youkilis is the best First baseman in the Majors ? Oh yeah you can't because I never did ...

South thank you for having my Back and like you said fans who are honest about anyother team is Hating ... Whatever

Kno-Sean
03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
181 Home Runs 679 Runs Batted In .286 Average

That is extremely Average for a First Baseman a position known for it's power and if you can't see that then Im sorry you know nothing about Baseball.

And to anyone posting on here and sticking you nose in another conversation you should know the year the player won the Most Valuable Player Award if your going to stick up for him.

Can you show me where I said Kevin Youkilis is the best First baseman in the Majors ? Oh yeah you can't because I never did ...

South thank you for having my Back and like you said fans who are honest about anyother team is Hating ... Whatever

You are something else man...

Look at his stats from 2006 to the present. Tell me he is average.

Bold- Yet anyone who disagrees with you knows nothing about baseball.

Broncoholic3233
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
You are something else man...

Look at his stats from 2006 to the present. Tell me he is average.

Bold- Yet anyone who disagrees with you knows nothing about baseball.

Ain't that the truth....

And....He's definitely above average.....no doubt about it.

TecmoElway
03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Ain't that the truth....

And....He's definitely above average.....no doubt about it.

I gotta toss in my support. He's an above average 1B. Also, it is pretty lame to say "you know nothing about baseball," if someone expresses a different opinion.

I don't see too many average hitters at any position knocking out 30 HRs and 100 RBIs on a consistent basis from season to season.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
and to the Sox as well.

Only the Red ones though... I hate White Sox... haha

Lol. One thing that bugs me about the Chi Sox is that after the Red Sox won the WS in 04 we gave him a honorary ring. In 05 they copycat us and also give him one.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Can I take a moment to point out that Boston's firstbaseman is not named Kevin Youkilis?

Atwnbroncfan
03-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Rockies fans can nominate songs to be Tulos' new walk up song.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2011/03/22/fans-asked-to-choose-tulos-new-walk-up-song/6792/

I nominated Heavy by our very own Brandon Lloyd.

http://www.myspace.com/blloydraps

Southstander
03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Rockies fans can nominate songs to be Tulos' new walk up song.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2011/03/22/fans-asked-to-choose-tulos-new-walk-up-song/6792/

I nominated Heavy by our very own Brandon Lloyd.

http://www.myspace.com/blloydraps

Can I nominate "Please Come To Boston"? :D

Broncoholic3233
Can I nominate "Please Come To Boston"? =D
:nono:

Sorry. :P

Kno-Sean
I gotta toss in my support. He's an above average 1B. Also, it is pretty lame to say "you know nothing about baseball," if someone expresses a different opinion.

I don't see too many average hitters at any position knocking out 30 HRs and 100 RBIs on a consistent basis from season to season.

Not many "average" players are awarded a league MVP.

Southstander
03-23-2011, 07:48 PM

Sorry. :P

Lol. It was worth a try.

BroncoFanBoy
03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Can I nominate "Please Come To Boston"? :D

Like he'd want to. He grew up a Yankees fan, remember?

Southstander
03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Like he'd want to. He grew up a Yankees fan, remember?

Pobody's Nerfect.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 07:21 AM
I say some people know nothing about baseball when they disagree with me and my opinion but i disagree with all of yours and Im a Hater ....

Pot meet Kettle

And like South said our First baseman isn't named Kevin Youkilis and Rockies fans should know his name I think it's pronounced ...

Adrian Gonzalez

And Average Players are named the M.V.P. ever hear of a guy named Pedroia ? ...

What he just mocked his own player ... His Favorite player ...

Yeah as much as I love and Respect Dustin he's an Average player he's under sized has some power but he's a great fielder and a terrific hitter and leader and thats why he won the American League Most Valuable Player ...

He's a good player but he isn't the best second baseman in the Majors thats Utley and then Cano and then Kinsler then it's Dustin ...

Just being honest And I can call my own players AVERAGE and it doesn't bother me cause I root for the name on the front of the jersey first then the name on the back of it

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 09:19 AM
I say some people know nothing about baseball when they disagree with me and my opinion but i disagree with all of yours and Im a Hater ....

Pot meet Kettle

And like South said our First baseman isn't named Kevin Youkilis and Rockies fans should know his name I think it's pronounced ...

Adrian Gonzalez

And Average Players are named the M.V.P. ever hear of a guy named Pedroia ? ...

What he just mocked his own player ... His Favorite player ...

Yeah as much as I love and Respect Dustin he's an Average player he's under sized has some power but he's a great fielder and a terrific hitter and leader and thats why he won the American League Most Valuable Player ...

He's a good player but he isn't the best second baseman in the Majors thats Utley and then Cano and then Kinsler then it's Dustin ...

Just being honest And I can call my own players AVERAGE and it doesn't bother me cause I root for the name on the front of the jersey first then the name on the back of it

Terrific hitter, great fielder but he's average?

You only named three 2nd basemen better than him and he's now average?

You're trying to hard here buddy.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Terrific hitter, great fielder but he's average?

You only named three 2nd basemen better than him and he's now average?

You're trying to hard here buddy.

umm yeah excelling at two aspects of the game would make you average Dustin has little to no speed , little to no power not to mention he's a smaller guy

So what makes him so Great ?

He has the drive and the talent and his i'll die trying to prove you wrong attitude is awesome to watch

How about this your a Twins fan so worry about your one or two good players and i'll worry about Boston's 14-15 great players alright ?

Sound good ?

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 10:55 AM
umm yeah excelling at two aspects of the game would make you average Dustin has little to no speed , little to no power not to mention he's a smaller guy

He has the drive and the talent and his i'll die trying to prove you wrong attitude is awesome to watch

How about this your a Twins fan so worry about your one or two good players and i'll worry about Boston's 14-15 great players alright ?

Sound good ?

Pedroia doesn't count in the 14-15 cuz he's average... haha

But 14-15 huh? Wow what money can buy you in baseball. Good luck this year buddy, with that kind of payroll I hope you can win a championship. If not, what a failure.

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM

Sound good ?
Ahhh look at the little guy, he's all cranky now.

Have fun buying your championship.

Don't even bother to respond, because frankly, your posts aren't worth responding too anymore.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Ahhh look at the little guy, he's all cranky now.

Have fun buying your championship.

Don't even bother to respond, because frankly, your posts aren't worth responding too anymore.

Yeah like Rockies fans who think their team is good ... Sad really and how much did you spend on Cargo and Tulo ? exactly shut up

Pedroia doesn't count in the 14-15 cuz he's average... haha

But 14-15 huh? Wow what money can buy you in baseball. Good luck this year buddy, with that kind of payroll I hope you can win a championship. If not, what a failure.

Ok just cause your teams too damn cheap to keep their players don't knock Boston for getting the good players when they can

and 14 -15 no Pedroia ? ok

1. Adrian Gonzalez
2. Jon Lester
3. Clay Buchholz
4. Carl Crawford
5. Jacoby Ellsbury
6. Josh Beckett
7. Jonathan Papelbon
8. Daniel Bard
9. Mike Cameron
10. J.D. Drew
11. John Lackey
12. Hideki Okajima
13. Lars Anderson
14. Michael Bowden
15. Daniel Nova
16. Ryan Kalish
there I gave you one more and I didn't include

Jason Varitek, Jarrod Saltalmacchia, Dustin Pedroia,Kevin Youkilis and alot of our bullpen

To all you out there that say Boston buys their players

Bold = Drafted Underlined =traded for

wow look at that theres a lot of money they spent on that roster

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah like Rockies fans who think their team is good ... Sad really and how much did you spend on Cargo and Tulo ? exactly shut up

Ouch, a Red Sox fan who watches his team buy their way into the playoffs is telling me my team isn't good. :(

Actually, we are, and we are a home grown team for the most part, something we can actually take pride in.

Red Sox Payroll 2011: About $160 million
Rockies Payroll 2011: About $83 million

Weird. You pretty much double us.

Lemme guess, in 2004 you decided you wanted to watch baseball, you saw that the Red Sox won the WS and you jumped on board....pretty easy to do, huh? You should really take some pointers from the Classy Redsox fan on the board - Southstander.

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Ok just cause your teams too damn cheap to keep their players don't knock Boston for getting the good players when they can

and 14 -15 no Pedroia ? ok

1. Adrian Gonzalez
2. Jon Lester
3. Clay Buchholz
4. Carl Crawford
5. Jacoby Ellsbury
6. Josh Beckett
7. Jonathan Papelbon
8. Daniel Bard
9. Mike Cameron
10. J.D. Drew
11. John Lackey
12. Hideki Okajima
13. Lars Anderson
14. Michael Bowden
15. Daniel Nova
16. Ryan Kalish
there I gave you one more and I didn't include

Jason Varitek, Jarrod Saltalmacchia, Dustin Pedroia,Kevin Youkilis and alot of our bullpen

To all you out there that say Boston buys their players

Bold = Drafted Underlined =traded for

wow look at that theres a lot of money they spent on that roster

Wowzers. Some pretty average players on that list definitely.

Pedroia > Cameron and JD Drew

And don't even get me started on bullpen players and closers, I believe you were the one smacking Joe Nathan... contradicting yourself.

Ouch, a Red Sox fan who watches his team buy their way into the playoffs is telling me my team isn't good. :(

Actually, we are, and we are a home grown team for the most part, something we can actually take pride it.

Lemme guess, in 2004 you decided you wanted to watch baseball, you saw that the Red Sox won the championship and you jumped on board....pretty easy to do, huh? You should really take some pointers from the Classy Redsox fan on the board - Southstander.

Nooooo he's been a RedSox fan longer than you've even been alive! duhhhh! :)

South is a rarity. RedSox fans don't come with much class.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 11:29 AM

And don't even get me started on bullpen players and closers, I believe you were the one smacking Joe Nathan... contradicting yourself.

Actually, we are, and we are a home grown team for the most part, something we can actually take pride in.

Lemme guess, in 2004 you decided you wanted to watch baseball, you saw that the Red Sox won the WS and you jumped on board....pretty easy to do, huh? You should really take some pointers from the Classy Redsox fan on the board - Southstander.

Umm actually My late Grandfather who died of Cancer took me to Red Sox games when I was 7 years old and living in California soo talk about my team all you want ...

You talk about my fan hood or my love of the SOX your talking about my grandfather so keep your trap shut im not joking .. I haven't said anything crossing the lines and you both just crossed a big one

You like Colorado and Minnesota (respectively)
What do I give a ratsass

Keep your trap shut

And im 24 so i've been a Red Sox fan for 17 years but thanks anyway

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Umm actually My late Grandfather who died of Cancer took me to Red Sox games when I was 7 years old and living in California soo talk about my team all you want ...

You talk about my fan hood or my love of the SOX your talking about my grandfather so keep your trap shut im not joking .. I haven't said anything crossing the lines and you both just crossed a big one

You like Colorado and Minnesota (respectively)
What do I give a ratsass

Keep your trap shut

And im 24 so i've been a Red Sox fan for 17 years but thanks anyway
Wrong actually. We never mentioned ANYTHING about your Grandfather, not once. So no, no lines crossed at all, you interpreted it that way. I'm sorry about your Grandfather, however.

I'm a Colorado native. I support all my Colorado teams. Always will, regardless.

Also, way to ignore the rest of the posts, we know how you don't like to be proven wrong....

JakeNbake
03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
World Champions.....

'nuff said.

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
World Champions.....

'nuff said.

Colorado Rapids?

JakeNbake
03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Colorado Rapids?

BLACK AND ORANGE..... you know what it is.

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Halloween!?!?!?

oh......

the giants.......... :mad:

JakeNbake
03-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Also,

Hey..... so.... quit getting so serious people.

No need to get angry over a message board.

Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 11:57 AM

You are a Giants fan?!?

Ahh man I can't wait to experience my team win a championship.

I witnessed both the Broncos wins but I wasn't actually old enough to really enjoy it.

Man I envy you.:sad:

JakeNbake
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
You are a Giants fan?!?

Ahh man I can't wait to experience my team win a championship.

I witnessed both the Broncos wins but I wasn't actually old enough to really enjoy it.

Man I envy you.:sad:

Yeah I've been a Giants fan my whole life :)

I grew up like 3 hours from San Fransisco and I've been to like 24 giants games.

I know people have been to more. But that's not bad for a poor dude :P

last year was exciting and even I didn't think we had a shot. Until I saw Timmy go lights out in the playoffs. Our rotation is just nasty.

I feel like our batters got hot too at the right time. I don't expect a repeat yet. But if we can get some young good guys around Posey than we should be back in a few years.

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah I've been a Giants fan my whole life :)

I grew up like 3 hours from San Fransisco and I've been to like 24 giants games.

I know people have been to more. But that's not bad for a poor dude :P

last year was exciting and even I didn't think we had a shot. Until I saw Timmy go lights out in the playoffs. Our rotation is just nasty.

I feel like our batters got hot too at the right time. I don't expect a repeat yet. But if we can get some young good guys around Posey than we should be back in a few years.

It was great to see San Fran win it all. A nice change of pace to all these other big named teams.

JakeNbake
03-24-2011, 12:14 PM
It was great to see San Fran win it all. A nice change of pace to all these other big named teams.

Yes it was. It brought a tear to my eye :)

But I'd still rather my Broncos win it all. I was pretty young too when they won both the superbowls so it didn't mean as much to me either.

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes it was. It brought a tear to my eye :)

But I'd still rather my Broncos win it all. I was pretty young too when they won both the superbowls so it didn't mean as much to me either.

Now that's something we can all agree on! :goz:

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I can't wait for next thursday Opening day 2011 :salute:

Read my Sig ... Says it all Baseball is the greatest sport ever

Southstander
03-24-2011, 12:28 PM

First thank you for your kind words. Second, I want to ask what is wrong with owners reinvesting in their team? If the Rockies had the same amount of capital would you want them to get Free Agents? Or would you want the owner keeping it all?

Once again thank you.

Wrong actually. We never mentioned ANYTHING about your Grandfather, not once. So no, no lines crossed at all, you interpreted it that way. I'm sorry about your Grandfather, however.

I'm a Colorado native. I support all my Colorado teams. Always will, regardless.

Also, way to ignore the rest of the posts, we know how you don't like to be proven wrong....
I think #1 snake was saying that by calling him a band wagon fan you are indirectly discounting the times he spent with his grandpa. I whole heartedly believe this was not your intention, but he took it that way. Speaking of calling someone and "Bandwagon" fan in my book is not right. None of us knows when or why someone else became a fan of a specific team. For example, I do not know when you Rockies fans became fans. I used to work at the JC Penney's at the Westminster Mall back in 03. We would have piles of Rockies T -Shirts that would just sit there. Then four short years later, in the 07 playoffs, stores could not keep them in stock. Does that mean Rockies fans are band wagon fans? Some are, but most are not. Just like the Red Sox, there are some that are bad wagon fans, but most are not. To me I do not care when someone becomes a fan of a team, as long as they stick with that team. That is what matters most.

To the comments about other Sox fans having no class. Sadly, once again, that can be said of a small segment of fans of all teams. Last season when the Sox came to town, I went to all three games. Most of the fans where decent, but there was a large group that had no class at all. In fact it got so bad my best friend/ brother apologized to me for the way they acted. To be honest I think part of it has to do with what side you are on. For the most part I have found most Boston fans to be nice people. They are passionate about there teams and that passion can come across the wrong way. Think back to when the Broncos when winning SB. We where the best team in the League and we where not afraid to troll anyone that we where. That Elway was the greatest and so on. That's all Boston fans are doing now. Another example, Shannon Sharpe, he is loved by Broncos fans. But if he was a Cheif for example and he said and did the same thing to us, he would be hated.

Southstander
03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Now that's something we can all agree on! :goz:

When it happens, trust me, it is a feeling like no other. Years of heart break are washed away with tears of joy. It makes the years of heartbreak seam worth while. I Guarantee you that the feelings Sox fans felt in 04 where immeasurably better then the Yankees fans a few years back. Please don't get me wrong, I am not discounting with a felt, what I am sending is that what I am saying is that " there is no one more grateful to sit at the table, then the one who best remembers hungers pain." All the years of bitter heart break, 46, 49, 67, 75, 86 Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone the tragic injury of Tony C now are in the past. Trust me Rockies fans, as much as you hated how the 07 WS ended. When you do win it will make it even sweeter, because you know what it means now to come close and not make it.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan

Kno-Sean
03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan

There you go again trying to make it seem that being a Red Sox fan is better than anything else.

Just stop!

Southstander
03-24-2011, 01:54 PM
to your point South

To be honest you are walking a thin line. You are discounting the Rockies fans heart break. I do not think any one of them would say it is at the same level as us or the Cubbies. But it IS there. Rockies fans in their heart of hearts though they had a chance in 07, and if they want to think that they can. Can you honestly saw you where not concerned at any point during that series? If you where you need to take off your red Sox colored glasses. Some games where alot closer then others. I know I was worried. What I was saying is that Rockies fans have had there share of lean years, and know what it is like to lose a World Series. Because of that when they do win it, they will apprechate it more.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
To be honest you are walking a thin line. You are discounting the Rockies fans heart break. I do not think any one of them would say it is at the same level as us or the Cubbies. But it IS there. Rockies fans in their heart of hearts though they had a chance in 07, and if they want to think that they can. Can you honestly saw you where not concerned at any point during that series? If you where you need to take off your red Sox colored glasses. Some games where alot closer then others. I know I was worried. What I was saying is that Rockies fans have had there share of lean years, and know what it is like to lose a World Series. Because of that when they do win it, they will apprechate it more.

South after Game one and how Dominate Beckett was I knew that Series was ours i wasn't worried I knew Schilling was money and so was Dice-K the only thing that had me a little worried was Lester because he was 23 years old and had limited experience but once Jacoby Ellsbury doubled to start the game i knew it was all good and how did it end ? ...

GAME OVER , SERIES OVER and the RED SOX are WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN

BroncoFanBoy
03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I can't wait for next thursday Opening day 2011 :salute:

Read my Sig ... Says it all Baseball is the greatest sport ever

If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board? Also, why's John Elway in your sig?

Southstander
03-24-2011, 02:09 PM
South after Game one and how Dominate Beckett was I knew that Series was ours i wasn't worried I knew Schilling was money and so was Dice-K the only thing that had me a little worried was Lester because he was 23 years old and had limited experience but once Jacoby Ellsbury doubled to start the game i knew it was all good and how did it end ? ...

GAME OVER , SERIES OVER and the RED SOX are WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN

So then you where worried.

Southstander
03-24-2011, 02:12 PM
If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board? Also, why's John Elway in your sig?

Come on BFB. This is only going to rattle his cage. He can think baseball is the greatest sport, and still like football and the Broncos.

HurricaneDovs
03-24-2011, 02:38 PM
102 years and counting folks. Havent been since 1945.

Gotta love being a Cubs fan. :brick:

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
There you go again trying to make it seem that being a Red Sox fan is better than anything else.

Just stop!

Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 03:03 PM

If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

Do you like football better Than Baseball ?

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

And since you have a problem with every team im a fan of

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

NBA : Miami Heat

NHL : San Jose Sharks

AFL : San Jose SaberCats

NFL : Denver Broncos , Indianapolis Colts

MLB : Boston Red Sox

TecmoElway
03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
to your point South

Short sighted views dude. Rockies fans can know pain. They are one of the franchises to never have won the World Series. They've had seasons of choking and missing out on the playoffs. Sure, the franchise has a different history than Boston, but yet again, you make these bold opinionated statements/questions and act as if your view is set in stone.

TecmoElway
03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board?

Haha this made me laugh...

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
to your point South

How would we know what pain is, seriously?

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
First thank you for your kind words. Second, I want to ask what is wrong with owners reinvesting in their team? If the Rockies had the same amount of capital would you want them to get Free Agents? Or would you want the owner keeping it all?
I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.

#1snake_fan
03-24-2011, 03:38 PM

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.

I've never asked for your forgivness and I never will I hope my team is the most hated team in the history of baseball ... we're not thats the Yankees

And notice unlike you ... how I never called you a bandwagon jumper thats awesome your a true rockies fan more power to you ...

That said I hope BOSTON kicks the crap out of your team and every team this season , next season and for the next seven years ... you act like 18 years of pain is bad ? try 86 and no i wasn't alive for all 86 but you become a Red Sox fan and you feel that pain

Southstander
03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want

Acting like you are better then someone IS wrong. You are 24 and you have not learned this yet?

Southstander
03-24-2011, 04:23 PM
If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

The reason he has "Ravens GM" in his sig is it is part of a GAME on here. Where fans are for lack of better word "fantasy" GM for these real teams. They are saying who they would pick ic they where that teams GM.

Next up is your point about "a sport where murders and animal killers can make millions". Who CURRENTLY in the league is a murder? Upto Micheal Vick there where no animal killers in the League, or atleast that we know of. Baseball has had its fair share of criminals, Pete Rose, the 1919 Chicago White Sox. With how popular "**** fighting" is in Latin Countries, and the number of Latin born players, I bet some have ties to the sport. No sport is 100% clean. One more thing you are a wrestling fan, two words Chris Benoit.

Southstander
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.

I think a salery floor would be of more help then a cap. It upsets me that "small market" teams last year received 60 million dollars in revenue sharing and still have small pay roles.

Coors field can hold more.fans then Fenway. So you do have an edge there. As the recent success proves, when a team is good people will fill LoDo. If this is a long term trend, the Rockies should have more capital to invest in FA and keeping home grown talent. This will make the team more popular, which will help sell out Coors, increase merchendise sales, and TV contracts. Which means you have more money and the cycle continues.

Colorado is not a "small market" team. You guys are the only one in the Mountian Time Zone. If done right you guys can be a big fish.

Southstander
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM

Part of this post breaks my heart. T is the part where you say you hate other teams. To me hate of ANYTHING (out side of evil) is wrong.

BroncoFanBoy
03-24-2011, 05:40 PM
There was this Broncomanic GM game (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=184554) in the Draft, Free Agency, and Trades section where 32 users would play and be a GM of all 32 NFL teams. I got the Ravens. No, I'm not a Ravens fan. I've been a Broncos fan since 2006. I bleed orange and blue

I like both.

Could be ran a little better, but it's fine

It's biggest problem (that and no salary cap) but there's more behaved people. I agree.

Fair enough

When did I say that? I don't mind you being a Red Sox fan. I like talking baseball with non- Rockies fans too

Again, I don't have any problem with the teams you like. If you're a Red Sox fan, fine with me. No problem about that. It's fun talking baseball with non-Rockies fans too

I was kind of wondering about that since you said in your sig "I hope the NFL does have a Lockout"

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Part of this post breaks my heart. T is the part where you say you hate other teams. To me hate of ANYTHING (out side of evil) is wrong.

Just different definitions of the word hate I suppose.

Obviously I don't wish anything bad upon the Red Sox, but I can't think of a time I will ever root for the Sox unless it helps the Rockies. Yankees are also my #2 team, not even close to the Rockies, but I still follow and watch some games. So, I have a reason to really dislike the Red Sox :P

BroncoFanBoy
03-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Just different definitions of the word hate I suppose.

Obviously I don't wish anything bad upon the Red Sox, but I can't think of a time I will ever root for the Sox unless it helps the Rockies. Yankees are also my #2 team, not even close to the Rockies, but I still follow and watch some games. So, I have a reason to really dislike the Red Sox :P

Well I don't like either haha

I got a little love for the Mariners. My grandpa's a Mariners fan and couple years ago when I went up to visit them, I watched a couple Seattle games with him. But Rockies all day!

Southstander
03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
The first game I went to was an Athletics game against the O's since my D ( I can't call him dad, he is a horiable person.) At that time lived in Oakland. Since there was no Rockies at the time I was willing to "adopt" the A's as my team. That year they won the WS, in fact I almost went to the earthquake game, so it was pretty cool. But it never felt right. Back then it was hard to follow a team, for me at least, thousands of miles away. Only good thing to come out of it was baseball cards. Man I wish I still had them. In part that is where my love of the Sox started. I remember being "drawn" to the "Circle Sox" logo. Cheers also fueled it. I remember coming home from school one day and. Clemens was pitching in a playoff game. Tom Cruise's role in "A Few Good Men" played a roll. Teddy Ballgame. This and many more reason are why I fell in love with "The Olde Town Team."

#1snake_fan
03-25-2011, 09:23 AM
The reason he has "Ravens GM" in his sig is it is part of a GAME on here. Where fans are for lack of better word "fantasy" GM for these real teams. They are saying who they would pick ic they where that teams GM.

Next up is your point about "a sport where murders and animal killers can make millions". Who CURRENTLY in the league is a murder? Upto Micheal Vick there where no animal killers in the League, or atleast that we know of. Baseball has had its fair share of criminals, Pete Rose, the 1919 Chicago White Sox. With how popular "**** fighting" is in Latin Countries, and the number of Latin born players, I bet some have ties to the sport. No sport is 100% clean. One more thing you are a wrestling fan, two words Chris Benoit.

It's widely believed that Ray Lewis Killed someone and Lenard Little he Killed two people in a car "Accident" he was drunk and lets not forget my favorite piece of trash walking today ...

Donte Stallworth - A no name worthless Wide Reciever who was so drunk at 9 in the morning in Florida he killed some guy walking home from work and Stallworth served ... Wait for it ... 30 days in JAIL and is back in the NFL and is playing for the Baltimore Ravens .

About Pete Rose who doesn't Bet on Sports the 1919 Black Sox (White Sox ) is a different story it was different times back then and their GM or Owner i don't remember the story of the top of my head was a jerk

About #$%^ Fighting in Latin Countries its not illegal down there so i don't have a problem with that it's illegal here

And your point about Benoit ... Tragic no doubt but theres not that many cases of that happening

Southstander
03-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I did forget about Stallworthless. My brother was murdered by a hit and run derived when he was crossing the street.

jcdavey
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
pretty excited about the padres, just hope they can manufacture speed again but keep it up this time

that park is built for speed and pitching

JakeNbake
03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
It's funny that the NL west goes on streaks. One year we're the worst division in the NL the next we're the best in the NL. It's pretty funny how that works :P.

BroncoFanBoy
03-25-2011, 02:28 PM
It's funny that the NL west goes on streaks. One year we're the worst division in the NL the next we're the best in the NL. It's pretty funny how that works :P.

Well, this is going to be the 2nd year in a row an NL West team wins the World Series. But it's not gonna be San Francisco!

COLORADO ROCKIES 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS got a nice name doesn't it? :D

JakeNbake
03-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, this is going to be the 2nd year in a row an NL West team wins the World Series. But it's not gonna be San Francisco!

I like last years world champions better :P

Foez
03-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I like last years world champions better :P

I don't :mad:

At least the Rangers made it there though I was happy to see that saying as how they never even won a playoff series before.

Southstander
03-25-2011, 10:10 PM

Wrong League and Wrong Coast.

Boston Red Sox

Broncoholic3233
03-27-2011, 11:55 PM
3 Days 10 Hours 5 Minutes 5 Seconds

#1snake_fan
03-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Wrong League and Wrong Coast.

Boston Red Sox

Completely Agree :salute:

Don't kid yourself if Philadelphia is healthy and the Braves can stick with them I find the NL East way better then the NL West

I did forget about Stallworthless. My brother was murdered by a hit and run derived when he was crossing the street.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother South :salute: I had a really good Friend get killed that way

Southstander
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Don't kid yourself if Philadelphia is healthy and the Braves can stick with them I find the NL East way better then the NL West

I'm sorry to hear about your brother South :salute: I had a really good Friend get killed that way

Thanks bro. (CP to you) Please tell me they caught the person the hit your friend.

#1snake_fan
03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks bro. (CP to you) Please tell me they caught the person the hit your friend.

They did and it was his girl friends EX boyfriend who had been harrassing both of them and i guess he was drunk and following them because they where walking around ....

In California you have to be 18 before you can drive and my friend Nick was only 17 and his girlfriend was 16 her Ex was 18 and drunk and he jumped the crub and hit and killed Nick ... I was living here in missouri at the time and Nick's dad told me the next day

I hope they caught the piece of trash that hit your brother

Southstander
03-28-2011, 09:04 AM
They did and it was his girl friends EX boyfriend who had been harrassing both of them and i guess he was drunk and following them because they where walking around ....

In California you have to be 18 before you can drive and my friend Nick was only 17 and his girlfriend was 16 her Ex was 18 and drunk and he jumped the crub and hit and killed Nick ... I was living here in missouri at the time and Nick's dad told me the next day

I hope they caught the piece of trash that hit your brother

Sadly no. The driver made no attempt to slow down, stop or swerve.

#1snake_fan
03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Sadly no. The driver made no attempt to slow down, stop or swerve.

Wow man that really sucks I hope one day soon he'll get whats coming to him ... My heart goes out to your family im really sorry to hear that south :salute:

Southstander
03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow man that really sucks I hope one day soon he'll get whats coming to him ... My heart goes out to your family im really sorry to hear that south :salute:

Thank you.

#1snake_fan
03-28-2011, 09:24 AM
no problem my man lol this isn't the WWE/TNA thread so we'll get along here

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood

Southstander
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
no problem my man lol this isn't the WWE/TNA thread so we'll get along here

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood

Lol is cool.

BroncoFanBoy
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Haha I just want to say that as a Rockies fan. I like our chances this season to be a big contender, but I'm just wearing the fan glasses

IF Philly is healthy, they have a very good team. No reason the Braves won't be able to compete (other than injuries) NL East is better, I agree

#1snake_fan
03-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Haha I just want to say that as a Rockies fan. I like our chances this season to be a big contender, but I'm just wearing the fan glasses

IF Philly is healthy, they have a very good team. No reason the Braves won't be able to compete (other than injuries) NL East is better, I agree

I like the Rockies to win at least 90 - 95 games this year but I like the Giants to win 97 - 98 games this year

I maybe wrong and i probably am ... Im just saying San Fran is a better team in my opinion but i don't have a dog in the fight so i don't really care. I'd like to San Francisco Vs. Boston in the World Series but i'll take Colorado Vs. Boston that one ended pretty well for us last time i checked

I like Boston (if they're healthy all year) to win 100 + this season highest ill go is 105 and go to the series obviously im aiming high but i don't think beyond doable

BroncoFanBoy
03-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I like the Rockies to win at least 90 - 95 games this year but I like the Giants to win 97 - 98 games this year

I maybe wrong and i probably am ... Im just saying San Fran is a better team in my opinion but i don't have a dog in the fight so i don't really care. I'd like to San Francisco Vs. Boston in the World Series but i'll take Colorado Vs. Boston that one ended pretty well for us last time i checked

I like Boston (if they're healthy all year) to win 100 + this season highest ill go is 105 and go to the series obviously im aiming high but i don't think beyond doable

I think the Giants will be more of a 88-92 win team. I think the Rockies could win 93. but, I think that's at most. I don't expect us to pass that record.

I think Boston will be a 95-100 win team. I think the Phillies are a little over hyped and injuries are getting to them.

Southstander
03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
We are almost there!!!!

GridironChamp
03-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Kansas City Royals > World Series!! :td: :P

Broncoholic3233
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Kansas City Royals > World Series!! :td: :P

What sport do they play? :confused:

:P

HurricaneDovs
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
102 and counting baby!!!

:sad:

Go Baby Bears!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/33282399_4285868130.jpg

Southstander
03-29-2011, 11:28 PM
For some teams it starts tomorrow.

Frenchy180
03-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm predicting the Rockies will win no less than 162 games...

Southstander
03-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm predicting the Rockies will win no less than 162 games...

Wow you will have the same record as my Sox.

jcdavey
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM
can't wait! just gotta get through wednesday ( i plan on sleeping most of the time before work lol)

thank goodness for mlbtv!

Broncoholic3233
03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
1 Day 26 Minutes 30 Seconds

Go Yanks!!

2 Days 4 hours 26 Minutes 30 Seconds

Go ROCKIES!!

Eddiemac730
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
I can't freaking Wait :) Drinking starts at 9:00 am MST; and the Colorado Rockies World Series mission starts at 2:00 pm ...

My amazing Girlfriend bought me tickets for Opening day!

http://moretalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/2011-mlb_opening_day.gif?w=200&h=119

:peace::peace::peace:

darth-hideous
03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I'll be running around downtown friday afternoon even if i can't get tickets

Southstander
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Opening Day eve eve.

BroncoFanBoy
03-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Opening Day is one of the best holidays of the year! We're almost there! While I may not be attending opening day, I will be with a friend at Buffalo Wild Wings watching it.

The Rockies will be the World Champions of 2011, and no team will even come close to stopping this team. not the Phillies, not the Red Sox, not the Yankees, not the Braves, not the Royals, NOBODY!

GO ROCKIES!!

HurricaneDovs
03-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Almost there.

We open up against Pittsburgh so hopefully we can start strong.
Please, please, PLEASE Chicago find your pitching this year.

We need more than Dempster and Z being good (whenever Z isnt going batspit crazy).

Southstander
03-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Tomorrow the Sox start their run to #8.

BroncoFanBoy
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Tomorrow the Sox start their run to #8.

Tomorrow, the Rox start their run at #1

the0rangecrush
03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
It's getting to be that time ladies and gentlemen

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Opening Day is one of the best holidays of the year! We're almost there! While I may not be attending opening day, I will be with a friend at Buffalo Wild Wings watching it.

The Rockies will be the World Champions of 2011, and no team will even come close to stopping this team. not the Phillies, not the Red Sox, not the Yankees, not the Braves, not the Royals, NOBODY!

GO ROCKIES!!

Ok seriously if Kansas City is on your radar ... then Colorado isn't going to win anything.

Secondly we've been over this It's not the Rockies time not this year and probably not next it's the Sox time ...Sorry

Countdown to number 8 starts tomorrow

ERoyal248
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
The next hour or so is going to go by so slow......

the0rangecrush
03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
The next hour or so is going to go by so slow......

Yep I've spent more time on my phone then paying attention to class, I guess I'll order food of something lol

Eddiemac730
03-31-2011, 10:03 AM
:peace::peace::peace::peace:

Heck yea!.......

Go Rockies.