PDA

View Full Version : Nba mvp...

Broncoyearound
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Point blank who should win MVP this year. Front runners are Kobe Bryant Lebron James and Derrick Rose.

I believe it should be Derrick Rose. Don't think he will get it but he deserves it. He has the bulls playing inspired basketball and has willed his team back in games all year this season.

Without a go to all star with him that can take pressure off of him he still has the bulls sitting in the 1 seed spot in the east. He makes the team better around him and lets face it if Rose isn't there Chicago is easily a 6th 7th or 8th seed.

Kobe Bryant is a close second. Just because since the all star break he has the lakers going on a tear only losing that one game to the heat. I mean he is the best player in the NBA according to most and he knows it's playoff time and that his team needs to be playing well.

James shouldn't be mentioned in this category I'd even give it to DWade before him because that's the true closer on the team. Plus his team has two other all stars to compliment him so he doesn't need a lot of help because Wade and Bosh can command a double team at any time. So that's my take on the three who is your MVP and why?

Atwnbroncfan
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Derrick Rose is going to win it.

Amari24
03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Derrick Rose will win it, any other answer is wrong. I'd laugh if Kobe won MVP this year.

SoundsOfSuccess
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Kobe Bryant. I'm a homer, but idgaf. :)

Broncoholic3233
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Derick Rose, hands down.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Dwight Howard, but I don't have a problem with Derrick Rose winning it. Nobody expected the Bulls to be first in the East.

Jay3
03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Derrick Rose should and will win it.

Broncoyearound
03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Dwight Howard, but I don't have a problem with Derrick Rose winning it. Nobody expected the Bulls to be first in the East.

Howard is interesting. Why him? It may be me but I have a hard time rooting for Howard. Some nights he's mean and nasty and other nights is soft and timid. A guy his size with his athletic build up should be tearing through the league much like Shaq use to in his prime. He has Ewing helping him so I just expect more out of him I guess.

Broncoyearound
03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm with everyone on Derrick Rose winning MVP but do you guys think he has to get the one seed to be MVP?

Broncoholic3233
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm with everyone on Derrick Rose winning MVP but do you guys think he has to get the one seed to be MVP?

No, that would be really stupid, not saying that won't be a factor, but that'd be really stupid by the committee.

He deserves it. Period.

Jay3
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Nope. It's almost April, and the Bulls have surged to the top. People will remember that he's responsible for taking a team to the top (while being it's best player and statistically deserving). It's good enough that they are up there.

I still think LeBron should have gone to Chicago. They were in cap position to give him virtually the same deal, and they have a better team.

Rose is better than Wade. The combination of Boozer and Noah is better than Bosh. And the supporting cast of the Bulls is young and good.

Broncoholic3233
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Nope. It's almost April, and the Bulls have surged to the top. People will remember that he's responsible for taking a team to the top (while being it's best player and statistically deserving). It's good enough that they are up there.

I still think LeBron should have gone to Chicago. They were in cap position to give him virtually the same deal, and they have a better team.

Rose is better than Wade. The combination of Boozer and Noah is better than Bosh. And the supporting cast of the Bulls is young and good.

I honestly think Chicago is a better team without him. Call me crazy. But I think the team aspect they have going, is gone with LBJ there.

Amari24
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Rose isn't better than Wade...yet. Though he defintley has a higher ceiling than Wade.

Broncoyearound
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I agree with that on Derrick Rose. He has had guys on the shelves for extended periods throughout the season and still had the team playing at a high level.

Bulls have a great bench and I've watched Omer Asik grow and grow I like his motor and he brings it night in and night out. Two games stood out over many games this year why I think D rose deserves the MVP. One was the game against the Spurs right before the all star break. Rose had 42 points against the league best Spurs. Then they lost this game against the pacers recently but Rose had a 19 point 4th quarter to send the game in OT.

They lost the game but the bulls played horribly all night but he never quit. The bulls also have not lost more than two in a row all year. When Rose needs to respond he responds. One more game I can recall is when the bulls were down 9 at halftime to the heat. One analyst called him out and said well Rose your in MVP talks lets see what you got.

Rose and company went on to win that game and send the heat to losing their 5th straight. That's just a few of the remarkable games the kid has had this season. I too feel he shouldn't have to be the one seed to get it.

GridironChamp
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
IDK who it should be.

Rose has the ****tiest shot selection I've ever seen (on par with Kobe a few years
ago) and has the best defensive/rebounding team in the league. Rose is clearly
their best player, but Deng and Noah are 10x better defensively, the bench is
amazing, and their D is flawless. Thibodeau is clearly the coach of the year and
deserves more credit for the Bulls than Rose IMO.

James is on a team with 2 other all stars and one superstar. He has clearly been
the better of the two and is still the best player in the league though. Stat wise
he deserves it, but with their record (without getting the 1 seed) paired with his
bad last second shot attempts he won't win (barring an amazing April).

Kobe is not even a front runner, IMO.

Kevin Durant is running into the wall known as ESPN hype, aka they hyped him
up to do better than last year which would be hard to do AND they are now
hyping Westbrook more than him now, so he probably won't win it at all.

Dwight Howard should win by real MVP definition (most valuable player) but
the Magic are just so bad and he is so inconsistent.

Dirk would be second by MVP definition!!!

In the end I think DRose will win it (unless LeBron kills it for April) and DRose
goes back to his last 13 games, before this last one that is.

ERoyal248
03-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Dwight should win it, but it will probably be Rose.

the0rangecrush
03-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I think it will be Rose and he has the stats to back it, but if you want to talk about the player most important to their team then IMO its Kevin Love, because his team sucks he can kiss any accolades goodbye

GridironChamp
03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I think it will be Rose and he has the stats to back it, but if you want to talk about the player most important to their team then IMO its Kevin Love, because his team sucks he can kiss any accolades goodbye

Stat padder to the extreme. Love is a joke.

Broncoyearound
03-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I still feel D Howard is too inconsistent to be mvp canidate worthy and his team is less than stellar. Isn't he in his contract year? If so he may just leave that team all together.

Against the top teams in the league though rose brings it. In the eastern conference he's swept the heat got the magic right now 2-1 only Boston got him 1-2 with one more game coming soon.

I'll agree that the defense of Chicago is hands down stellar but looking at them offensively who can really score one on one consistently. Boozer is overated don't care what anyone says. Deng brings it consistently he rarely has a bad game so Deng and Rose can be consistent and score.

Now the bench is very deep for the bulls. As I've stated earlier in this thread Asik has just been awesome as of late. Korver rains them down from the outside and Watson is a very good compliment to D Rose. So yes defense and bench helps rose but when the game is close you can't say Rose don't deliver. If it's not by points it's by assist but he delivers.

Rose does a lot for his team to get them through slumps. All he needs is a good 2 guard to compliment him and the bulls get scary.

Bryant is doing what he does. Seems every year the lakers play good down the stretch run except for last year when they were limping in the post season. Nothing real flashy from him that warrants him the MVP in my opinion.

James should not win it either for the simple fact he has talent around him. Two potent all stars around him and the heat had stretches this year that they just played bad basketball although I admit the heat has been ballin lately. James has the luxury of Wade who commands a double team and Bosh who was the all star for the raptors. How hard is he working to get his shots exactly?

Rose doesn't have that luxury James hasn't gone stretches without his top guys gone for long periods. Noah was gone for a long time. Boozer as well missed several games. Rose still led the team to some wins. Not saying it was all him but the kid can play. I only get mad at him for taking those threes he needs a bit more work on them but the guy has improved in all areas of his game from last year to this year. Heck every year he's improved his game.

Chicago was a 41 win team last year now they are already at 51 wins this year. That's a 10 game improvement so it's a no brainer he should get it. If he doesn't i'll be :confused: at that committee.

The Experience
03-23-2011, 11:15 PM
It has to go to the single greatest player in NBA history....

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/thumbnailfull/anthony-carter-2009-8-14-17-14-13.jpg

Bernie24
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Derrick Rose better than Dwade....LOL

Jay3
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Rose isn't better than Wade...yet. Though he defintley has a higher ceiling than Wade.

He's better than Wade ever was or ever will be.

the0rangecrush
03-24-2011, 07:21 PM

Woah woah cool it there buddy, Wade is jesus

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM

Rose has a high potential that will only get higher. He's only weak in the three point range but it's improving. He can attack the basket like few others even wade wasn't that fast on his first step. Wade right now can shoot it better than Rose but that's about it so Rose if he isn't better than Wade yet he will be. I think he'll have a bettr career but those two will be clashing in the playoffs for years to come.

Broncoholic3233
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
If I were building a team for the future....I would take a 21 yo Rose over a 21 yo Wade.

Both are great players, but I think Rose will be better

Jay3
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
If I were building a team for the future....I would take a 21 yo Rose over a 21 yo Wade.

Both are great players, but I think Rose will be better

This is what I mean. Rose will be an all time great.

Obviously, if they're comparing accomplishments, Rose is just getting started.

But the same thing was true of Jordan the first couple of years, but I still thought he was the best of all time.

Rose has Rookie of the year, Wade didn't win that.

After this year, Rose will have an MVP, Wade doesn't have one.

Rose will be in a very small club of players to win an MVP within their first three seasons. (Not Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, LeBron, etc.)

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Let me ask you cause a lot of people compare John Wall to D rose. Who do you think will be better in the long run?

the0rangecrush
03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Let me ask you cause a lot of people compare John Wall to D rose. Who do you think will be better in the long run?

D-Rose will be better

Jay3
03-24-2011, 07:45 PM
D Rose > John Wall.

But John Wall is great.

Amari24
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Untill Wall is able to stretch the floor with his offense, I can't say he'll be better than Rose. I think Kemba Walker will surpass both when he comes out.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I think Wall will be better than Rose.

Amari24
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
This is what I mean. Rose will be an all time great.

Obviously, if they're comparing accomplishments, Rose is just getting started.

But the same thing was true of Jordan the first couple of years, but I still thought he was the best of all time.

Rose has Rookie of the year, Wade didn't win that.

After this year, Rose will have an MVP, Wade doesn't have one.

Rose will be in a very small club of players to win an MVP within their first three seasons. (Not Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, LeBron, etc.)

The only thing that prevented Wade from winning MVP in '09 was his crappy team, barely over .500. Besides, when Rose can overcome impossible odds in the playoffs, and win a ring single handedly like Wade did, I won't consider him better. Also ROY means nothing in the NBA, plus Wade's rookie class had more talent to compete against.

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Untill Wall is able to stretch the floor with his offense, I can't say he'll be better than Rose. I think Kemba Walker will surpass both when he comes out.

I totally agree with Walker that dude is a stud! Can't wait till he makes the jump to the nba. Wonder who will get him. I'll always be a d rose bulls fan but will keep tabs and cheer for Walker.

Jay3
03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
The only thing that prevented Wade from winning MVP in '09 was his crappy team, barely over .500. Besides, when Rose can overcome impossible odds in the playoffs, and win a ring single handedly like Wade did, I won't consider him better. Also ROY means nothing in the NBA, plus Wade's rookie class had more talent to compete against.

That's all fine and dandy, Wade is an all time great. It's just not a very controversial position at this point to think Rose is better than Wade.

I think LeBron would have been on a better team, a championship contender if he had gone to Chicago. They had a the room to get him.

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I think Wall will be better than Rose.

It's just unfortunate for Wall because the Wizards aren't necessarily a hot spot for players to want to go and play there. If they can build a good nucleus around Wall he'll no doubt start to blossom in the nba. I just don't know if the Wizards can get him the help he needs.

Amari24
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
That's all fine and dandy, Wade is an all time great. It's just not a very controversial position at this point to think Rose is better than Wade.

I think LeBron would have been on a better team, a championship contender if he had gone to Chicago. They had a the room to get him.

Chicago didn't want to baby Lebron like the Cavs did. Lebron is an immature clown that whines whenever he doesn't get his way. Cleveland let Lebron hold them by the neck for 7 years and paid for it.

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM

Yep with LeBron the bulls are champs period! All they need is a shooter really. Rose is good at creating shots for his teamates off the dribble add LeBron to the mix and wow coaches would have fits. Playoffs can't get here fast enough. Can't wait!

Amari24
03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Yep with LeBron the bulls are champs period! All they need is a shooter really. Rose is good at creating shots for his teamates off the dribble add LeBron to the mix and wow coaches would have fits. Playoffs can't get here fast enough. Can't wait!

It would've backfired on them. Rose would be asking for a huge contract 3 years later, they wouldn't have enough money with Rose, Boozer, and Lebron.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
It's just unfortunate for Wall because the Wizards aren't necessarily a hot spot for players to want to go and play there. If they can build a good nucleus around Wall he'll no doubt start to blossom in the nba. I just don't know if the Wizards can get him the help he needs.

Fair points, time will tell. They will have to build through the draft, and maybe get lucky a few times in the lottery.

Bernie24
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Dwyane Wade constantly leads the league in scoring and put miami on his back to win his ring. Dwade is IMO the 3rd or 2nd best player in the league. I dont get how you can put 1 yr wonder rose in front of him.

Kobe Dwayne and Lebron are in a class of their own.

Amari24
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Fair points, time will tell. They will have to build through the draft, and maybe get lucky a few times in the lottery.

They need a bigman, Mcgee is too slow and lacks the proper foot work to play in the NBA. They'll be fine in 2 more years.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Chicago didn't want to baby Lebron like the Cavs did. Lebron is an immature clown that whines whenever he doesn't get his way. Cleveland let Lebron hold them by the neck for 7 years and paid for it.

Are you trying to say Chicago didn't want to sign LeBron? Or that LeBron didn't want too sign there because he wanted to be babied? Because every team who had the cap space wanted to sign LeBron. Since we are on the topic of Rose, I don't think he would be the player he is right now if LeBron went to Chicago.

Amari24
03-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Are you trying to say Chicago didn't want to sign LeBron? Or that LeBron didn't want too sign there because he wanted to be babied? Because every team who had the cap space wanted to sign LeBron. Since we are on the topic of Rose, I don't think he would be the player he is right now if LeBron went to Chicago.

No, they wanted Lebron as much as anyone else, but what they didn't want were the extra benefits. Lebron wanted the same control that he had in Cleveland. So it's more like Chicago didn't want him after they found out he wanted the same treatment as he had in Cleveland. Also I've come to the conclusion that Lebron just can't play next to dominant PGs, he wants to be the dominant PG all by himself.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Got ya. I remember hearing about some stuff like that when the frenzy was going on.

Bernie24
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Im biased though i will never like DRose...he's on par with Melo for the dumbest guy in the NBA.

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Well my case for Rose is the constant improvement since he's been in the league. Every stat has improved in all categories. He hasn't back tracked or had an off year. I know he's only been in the league three seasons but his numbers rise every year.

They say by the third year you know what you have out of a player or if he'll be the next big thing so Rose is on pace for greatness. If he gets the 1 seed he could very well make his first finas appearence. Having to beat Miami in the second round then Boston would be tough but heck if he did it that would only solidify his few remaining doubters if there are some.

Either way it's been a joy to watch him this year. The nba is getting filled with lots of new talent which should make for some competitive games. Do you guys think Griffin will be an MVP sometime in the future?

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Im biased though i will never like DRose...he's on par with Melo for the dumbest guy in the NBA.

I can agree with you on Melo which is why I'm actually glad him and the knicks are on a slide right now but Rose is a humble guy. Nothing like Melo...

Amari24
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Well my case for Rose is the constant improvement since he's been in the league. Every stat has improved in all categories. He hasn't back tracked or had an off year. I know he's only been in the league three seasons but his numbers rise every year.

They say by the third year you know what you have out of a player or if he'll be the next big thing so Rose is on pace for greatness. If he gets the 1 seed he could very well make his first finas appearence. Having to beat Miami in the second round then Boston would be tough but heck if he did it that would only solidify his few remaining doubters if there are some.

Either way it's been a joy to watch him this year. The nba is getting filled with lots of new talent which should make for some competitive games. Do you guys think Griffin will be an MVP sometime in the future?

Blake won't get MVP until his team is better.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Every stat has improved in all categories.

Not true. While certainly the dropoffs aren't significant, in his second year over his first, he had a lower FT percentage, lower rebounds per game, lower assists per game, lower steals per game, and had more turnovers while playing fewer minutes. Still, he has improved as a player every year.

As for Griffin, it's hard not to picture him winning an MVP. Although he is all athleticism right now. He has to learn the game of basketball.

Bernie24
03-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Im just saying theyre both incredibly stupid. Have you ever listened to their interviews? Yao speaks English better.

And Rose had to have somebody mess with his grades or SAT or something just to get to d1. http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/1596666,derrick-rose-simeon-grades-cheat-memphis.article

Bernie24
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
You dont win MVP for having cool dunks once a week.

LbloodOjunkieG
03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Who cares how "smart" they are, or how well they speak the English language. That doesn't determine what type of person they are.

Spice 1
03-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rose got it. This is the NBA MVP we're talking about here though. I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Garnett finished second.

Broncoyearound
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Im just saying theyre both incredibly stupid. Have you ever listened to their interviews? Yao speaks English better.

And Rose had to have somebody mess with his grades or SAT or something just to get to d1. http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/1596666,derrick-rose-simeon-grades-cheat-memphis.article

Now if Rose in the future got cocky like Melo and started complaining and putting his franchise down then yes I'd be upset and probably wouldn't be as much of a fan of his.

I judge players in all sports by their attitude. You have a bad attitude or want to be a media clown then it's hard for me to root for you. Cause there are people out there would kill to be where they are. I can't say from personal experience but I know getting there is hard. There are lots of talented ballers rather it's baseball football hockey soccer whatever sport you play but they never make it to the professional level so when there act like one.

I use to like James before he did that to cleveland. Never really liked Melo Bryant is a clown but no denying their talent. Just how you carry yourself goes a long way with me. Just my two cents.

GridironChamp
03-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Anyone who says DRose ain't stupid doesnt know anything about him.

But he is humble.

If he can improve his shooting (there is SOOOOOO much room for improvement)
and more importantly the shot selection we can maybe start deciding if he is
on Wade's level.

bears6385
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Since it is the media who votes on the NBA MVP Rose has already won it. Not saying Rose has not won it with his play this year, but the media has picked up on this kid since day one when Rose said "Why can't I be MVP."

A bigger question than MVP is can a point guard carry his team to an NBA championship..........This year.

Jay3
05-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Derrick Rose -- youngest MVP ever. He would be a college senior right now.