PDA

View Full Version : Rangers will take the AL West again!

Foez
03-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Nolan Ryan has done a pretty good job with the team since he got into the front office. It sucks he gave Greenberg the boot but the investors are still with him so hopefully it wont do anything to the cash flow for the team.

For my prediction the Mariners will finish last which sucks because I've always liked them (yes I love 2 teams in the same division and have since I was about 5 years old lol) 2nd and 3rd will be a toss up between the Angels and the A's...The A's will start off good and slump at the end of the year like always and the Angels...well...you never know how they will play throughout the year. With the way the rosters look I think the Rangers will take the Al West again this year as long as the pitching can hold up, but they have 3 good starters and one of the best closers in the league and if something happens Feliz will be a starter with the quickness. Any thoughts anyone?

Southstander
03-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I am hoping the Rangers get swept in their season opening Series.

Foez
03-25-2011, 08:34 AM
I am hoping the Rangers get swept in their season opening Series.

Boston is overrated :P

I'm just hoping it's a really good series. I wish I was going but tickets are too expensive from all the band wagoners around here buying them up, so I'm waiting for the second series which is against the Mariners so I can get my ticket for 6 dollars...good stuff.

BroncoFanBoy
03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Texas has a great team, but there are some question marks around them right now. Will they be able to replace Cliff Lee? Can Adrian Beltre continue what he did last season with Boston? Will C.J Wilson have a breakout season?

I expect Texas to win the division again, but this time, it won't be as easy. The Oakland A's are going to be a huge threat against the Rangers IMO.

Prediction:
1. Rangers
2. Athletics
3. Angels
4. Mariners

Foez
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Texas has a great team, but there are some question marks around them right now. Will they be able to replace Cliff Lee? Can Adrian Beltre continue what he did last season with Boston? Will C.J Wilson have a breakout season?

I expect Texas to win the division again, but this time, it won't be as easy. The Oakland A's are going to be a huge threat against the Rangers IMO.

Prediction:
1. Rangers
2. Athletics
3. Angels
4. Mariners

Cliff Lee for sure won't be replaced...he was too good after a couple weeks. Beltre I'm not expecting a whole lot out of but he is still a great fielder. Word out of training camp is how out of shape he is though, but having Michael Young as utility IF we can always bring him in to pinch hit if we have to. C.J. I think will play pretty good who I question on the starting staff mostly is Colby Lewis.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-25-2011, 09:36 AM
The Rangers are in trouble this year. Kendry Morales will be back! :D

Foez
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
The Rangers are in trouble this year. Kendry Morales will be back! :D

Until he celebrates a walk-off again :P

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Until he celebrates a walk-off again :P

Dude, you have no idea how sickening that was to watch. I don't get to see a lot of Angels games here, but I watched that one. It was a moment of elation, squashed by, "oh crap, there goes the season".

Foez
03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Dude, you have no idea how sickening that was to watch. I don't get to see a lot of Angels games here, but I watched that one. It was a moment of elation, squashed by, "oh crap, there goes the season".

Funny but true.

#1snake_fan
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
With Feliz being put back as the closer for the 2011 season it makes me think if the Rangers are going to be in play for Jonathan Papelbon Boston has the Closer spot more than covered after this season.

With the signing of Bobby Jenks and Daniel Bard waiting in the wind for the chance to be the everyday closer (Im talking about Bard here).

Papelbon to me is someone Nolan Ryan would love to have he's a flame thrower and he eats innings and he's pretty lights out in the 9th inning and in the post season. I would be surprised if Pap is in Boston for 2012 and not in Texas.

This would allow Texas to also feel the gaping hole left by Cliff Lee next season with the addition of Papelbon.

Foez
03-25-2011, 10:14 AM
With Feliz being put back as the closer for the 2011 season it makes me think if the Rangers are going to be in play for Jonathan Papelbon Boston has the Closer spot more than covered after this season.

With the signing of Bobby Jenks and Daniel Bard waiting in the wind for the chance to be the everyday closer (Im talking about Bard here).

Papelbon to me is someone Nolan Ryan would love to have he's a flame thrower and he eats innings and he's pretty lights out in the 9th inning and in the post season. I would be surprised if Pap is in Boston for 2012 and not in Texas.

This would allow Texas to also feel the gaping hole left by Cliff Lee next season with the addition of Papelbon.

If the Rangers do go after Papelbon I think it will only be if Feliz is moved up to a starting role which could very easily happen, but also we don't really have anything of value to trade for him. I don't see Pap coming to Texas though.

#1snake_fan
03-25-2011, 10:22 AM
If the Rangers do go after Papelbon I think it will only be if Feliz is moved up to a starting role which could very easily happen, but also we don't really have anything of value to trade for him. I don't see Pap coming to Texas though.

You don't have to trade for him he's a free agent after this season. That's what im saying he is more than likely pitching his final season in Boston and with all the hype around my Sox for this season depending on m=how well he pitches Boston isn't going to let him go during the season.

Foez
03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh ok, I thought you ment for this season your talking about next season lol my bad.

Southstander
03-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I have heard Bard is being looked at as a starter for us.

Foez
03-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I have heard Bard is being looked at as a starter for us.

If he is they might try to keep pap if he plays good enough...there aren't too many decent closers in the league right now.

TecmoElway
03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I say the A's take the division and Hamilton's body, unfortunately, breaks down and he spends a lot of time on the DL. Michael Young also gets really annoyed and becomes a club house distraction.

Foez
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Time to give this thread a good ol' BUMP! 6 games left in the season and the Rangers are up in the standings to the Angels by 5. You know, technically they haven't clenched the division yet but tomorrow if the Rangers win and the Angels lose it'll happen. RANGERS!!!