PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds

Broncoholic JS
03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
You know Barry, I used to be a huge fan of yours. I used to cheer for you while others booed you. I look back on that and wish I was one of the ones booing you. You have disgraced the sport of baseball.

I wish the MLB would take away all of your records and ban you from the hall like Rose. I feel cheated by cheering for you. I will never wear your jersey as yours, I now consider it your Fathers. Someone who had integrity and played the game right.

You have disrespected the game, the sport, and more importantly us fans.

I now cheer for true players of the game who don't cheat.
1. Derek Jeter
2. Troy Tulowitxki
3. Ichiro Suzuki
These 3 are players who should be cheered for, not you.

</rant>

Rollo
03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Agreed
Never a huge fan of baseball, but sports are about competition, equality, and fairness, at all levels. Cheating the game is cheating yourself. And its wrong.

My friend JD was the reason i am a Broncos fan, he was a life long Broncos fan and inherited it to me when i was born, even tho my family are Steelers fans. Before he passed, he had me promise to never cheat myself or the game. so i keep true to that

Rollo
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
1 reply? Lol

JakeNbake
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Steroids????

Seriously.... They weren't even against the rules when he was using them.... do you know that? There was no rule outlawing Steroids... I loved the way he hit. But if you were a Giants fan like me you know he was slow in the field and lazy running the bases.

I'm a fan of Bonds the Baseball player. But not Bonds the person.

Rollo
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Who cares if there is no written rule. It's a morale thing and if ur not gonna work like like a legitimate pro athlete then u don't drserve to be one

sbxxxiichamps
03-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Yea I can't say I'm a Bonds fan either. I wish the MLB would take away all his records or instead of an asterisk just put the word cheater next to his name:D

But in the meantime I'll root for Albert Pujols!:rockon: If he keeps what he is doing up then he might eventually be the new (real) Home Run King over Barry.

#1snake_fan
03-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Who cares if there is no written rule. It's a morale thing and if ur not gonna work like like a legitimate pro athlete then u don't drserve to be one

Couldn't agree more

I grew up near San Francisco and Bonds didn't give a damn about anyone but himself.

I hope Baseball strips him of every record he has what makes me soooo Happy is that Cheating D-Bag never won a World Series

I hope you spend the rest of you worthless life behind bars you lied to congress and just the rest of us you should go to prison

JakeNbake
03-29-2011, 11:11 AM
You guys must hate a lot of baseball players if you hate guys who use drugs to make them stronger.

JakeNbake
03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Maybe I just like him because when I was about twelve I was sitting out in left field... (still on the 3rdbase side not behind the wall) and before an inning started. Bonds came over and talked to us. He didn't act like a big star he just came over and asked how we were doing and then he said well I guess I better go play. It was really cool.

CinnaMunMun
03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Maybe I just like him because when I was about twelve I was sitting out in left field... (still on the 3rdbase side not behind the wall) and before an inning started. Bonds came over and talked to us. He didn't act like a big star he just came over and asked how we were doing and then he said well I guess I better go play. It was really cool.

The steroids were making him hallucinate and think you were a hot chick. ;)

I don't like Barry Bonds, but not mostly for the steroids, but for lying about them this long. Canseco, McGwire, and Sosa have all pretty much admitted to its use. Bonds was the most obvious case yet he still denies it and just seemed to shift blame towards others.

You guys must hate a lot of baseball players if you hate guys who use drugs to make them stronger.

There is also a big difference between whey proteins or creatine and anabolic steroids.

JakeNbake
03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
The steroids were making him hallucinate and think you were a hot chick. ;)

I don't like Barry Bonds, but not mostly for the steroids, but for lying about them this long. Canseco, McGwire, and Sosa have all pretty much admitted to its use. Bonds was the most obvious case yet he still denies it and just seemed to shift blame towards others.

There is also a big difference between whey proteins or creatine and anabolic steroids.
I know that. but they take all sorts of pills. And maybe someday one of those will be against the rules and their records will be tarnished...

#1snake_fan
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I know that. but they take all sorts of pills. And maybe someday one of those will be against the rules and their records will be tarnished...

Like i've said in other posts in other threads on this site I grew up in California about an hour away from San Francisco and Bonds was a jerk to everyone and he deserves whats happening to him ...

About everyone else using yeah i don't like Sosa or McGuire or Canseco because they didn't need to ... well McGuire did good lord a career .260 hitter and morons out here in Missouri want him in the Hall Of Fame ... Please

There were players like Ken Griffey Jr. who never took steroids so the defense of "It wasn't against the rules is BS"

Is Bonds the only one to lie ? obviously not but is he the most obvious Steroid user in the history of Baseball ? YES

I mean his career high in Home Runs was 47 and then he hits 73 when he's almost into his 40's ? come on

Yeah A-rod said "I've never felt over powered enough to need steroids" and then it turned out he was on them but he was always huge always and I was shocked and very disapointed in A-Rod

Bonds on the other hand was a small guy early in his career and for most of his career until the last eight years of it i remember in 1999 he showed up to the Candel Stick Park and just looked huge and i read somewhere he put on twenty pounds of muscle ...

He's a cheater and he should go to jail

CinnaMunMun
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM

True, but look at a bunch of the players who have already admitted it who are still playing. Giambi (who is testifying today), A-Rod, Rafael Betancourt, Manny Ramirez, and Pettite. Nobody cares that they took it anymore. The worst case out of the bunch is that nobody will take A-Rod's HR numbers seriously.

Steroids have also been different than other pills and such. Steroids that weren't banned in baseball in Bond's time were usually banned in the NFL, NCAA, and the Olympics. Players knew they were taking risks with the steroids. Same can be said about HGH right now. It is banned, but players still take it to either gain an edge or to get over an injury and there is no test for it. Anyone who is later caught using it will be tarnished or forgotten.

BroncoFanBoy
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I second what#1snake_fan says. Hank Aaron is still the all time home run leader, and he did it by working hard, and playing as a team guy.

Bonds is nothing but a cheater, a liar, and a disgrace. He makes baseball look bad. I'm glad he never won a world series too. It's bad enough he came close in 2002.

themadfanatic
03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I kno I'm in the minority but I feel he's being judged unfairly, nothing has been proven and until then he's the greatest slugger of all time in my eyes. I love bonds and I don't think he used steriods

CinnaMunMun
03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Like i've said in other posts in other threads on this site I grew up in California about an hour away from San Francisco and Bonds was a jerk to everyone and he deserves whats happening to him ...

About everyone else using yeah i don't like Sosa or McGuire or Canseco because they didn't need to ... well McGuire did good lord a career .260 hitter and morons out here in Missouri want him in the Hall Of Fame ... Please

There were players like Ken Griffey Jr. who never took steroids so the defense of "It wasn't against the rules is BS"

Is Bonds the only one to lie ? obviously not but is he the most obvious Steroid user in the history of Baseball ? YES

I mean his career high in Home Runs was 47 and then he hits 73 when he's almost into his 40's ? come on

Yeah A-rod said "I've never felt over powered enough to need steroids" and then it turned out he was on them but he was always huge always and I was shocked and very disapointed in A-Rod

Bonds on the other hand was a small guy early in his career and for most of his career until the last eight years of it i remember in 1999 he showed up to the Candel Stick Park and just looked huge and i read somewhere he put on twenty pounds of muscle ...

He's a cheater and he should go to jail

He actually had a career high of 52 stolen bases back in his 5th year. By the end of his career outfielders could almost throw him out at first on sharp singles.

I think that was another disappointing thing about Bonds. He didn't need the roids probably. The guy was a legit 20 HR, 20 SB threat. It would almost be like Ryan Braun or Tulo taking roids.

BroncoFanBoy
03-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I kno I'm in the minority but I feel he's being judged unfairly, nothing has been proven and until then he's the greatest slugger of all time in my eyes. I love bonds and I don't think he used steriods

http://www.prettyboring.com/files/images/barry%20bonds%20b%20and%20a%20steroids.jpg

The first pic was him back early in his career when he played for the Pirates. Second pic is when he played for the Giants. Notice a difference between those 2 pictures? The Bonds on the right is a LOT bigger. It's obvious he took roids

Broncoholic3233
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
The increase in the size of his dome is humorous

#1snake_fan
03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.prettyboring.com/files/images/barry%20bonds%20b%20and%20a%20steroids.jpg

The first pic was him back early in his career when he played for the Pirates. Second pic is when he played for the Giants. Notice a difference between those 2 pictures? The Bonds on the right is a LOT bigger. It's obvious he took roids

to the poster you were responding to here's quote from a movie for you.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King"

To sit there and say that nothing's been proven and he's the greatest slugger in your eyes proves to everyone that you are just that BLIND

And like BFB posted those two pictures tell the story

Excellant post BFB :salute:

#1snake_fan
03-29-2011, 12:34 PM
The increase in the size of his dome is humorous

it's stuff like that ... that people can't make up his head grew and so did his feet and at his age your body is done growing and people say "theres no proof" Whatever you're just blind to the truth

His head and his feet grew and other parts Shrank :eek:

themadfanatic
03-29-2011, 01:56 PM

So u can't get bigger in 10+ years?? I gained 50lbs in a year by accident

JakeNbake
03-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm the biggest Giants homer in the world. But I'll admit that he took steroids. I wish he would have just admitted it. But it made baseball exciting for when it was going on. Sosa and Mcguire that was exciting.

I honestly feel like steroids which are not good were good for the game of baseball. It kept fans and brought in revenue like crazy. Tell me that MLB didn't know these guys were on roids.... but what'd they do? They made everything about McGuire and Sosa. ANd then Bonds.

Come on does anyone really think they didn't know these guys were on roids? The League abused them.

#1snake_fan
03-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm the biggest Giants homer in the world. But I'll admit that he took steroids. I wish he would have just admitted it. But it made baseball exciting for when it was going on. Sosa and Mcguire that was exciting.

I honestly feel like steroids which are not good were good for the game of baseball. It kept fans and brought in revenue like crazy. Tell me that MLB didn't know these guys were on roids.... but what'd they do? They made everything about McGuire and Sosa. ANd then Bonds.

Come on does anyone really think they didn't know these guys were on roids? The League abused them.

I agree that MLB (Selig) knew and did nothing about it but I WILL NOT say it was good for baseball it cheapened the game of something that should have been special someone breaking an all time record but instead of cheers it was only because he was on roids and then our "Saviour" Alex Rodriguez the one who was going to break Bonds record and do it "Cleanly" he's on roids

There's no hope coming that someone can save the game

Broncoholic3233
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I agree that MLB (Selig) knew and did nothing about it but I WILL NOT say it was good for baseball it cheapened the game of something that should have been special someone breaking an all time record but instead of cheers it was only because he was on roids and then our "Saviour" Alex Rodriguez the one who was going to break Bonds record and do it "Cleanly" he's on roids

There's no hope coming that someone can save the game

Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki :thumb:

Southstander
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM

Then you are incredibly naive, or you have your head in the sand. Have you read "Game of Shadows"? The size of his head grew, which is a side effect. Both Sammy Sosa and Big Mac HAD to "roid up" to pass Roger Marris, and you think he did it naturaly? There is a mountian of proof he did it. Why do you think his friend wont testify? If Barry is clean his friend can say so. But Greg Anderson wont do that. He knows if he testifies and lies before a grand hurry they will go to jail for a longer time then he already has. Do some honest research.

BroncoFanBoy
03-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Let me ask you a question. Barry hit 73 homers in 2001 at the age of 37. 37!! When was the last time a "clean" player hit that many, or even in the 30's at that age?

keithbishop
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM
It sucks to realize that many of the game's great players of the last 25+ years used steroids, but I don't have a difficult time forgiving someone who admits they used. Hey, if it's seemingly OK that virtually everyone in the NFL used..... I don't like it, but I can accept it.

That Clemens and Bonds are willing to go to prison rather than admit what everyone already knows puts them in the same boat as Blameless Bud Selig in my eyes. Worthless.

#1snake_fan
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM

Ok just cause your fatass couldn't say no to a Big Mac doesn't mean Barry Bonds wasn't on steroids

He gain 20 pounds of muscle in one year and like KB and South said how many players hit 30 cleanly at his age of 37 and he hit 73 (KB) and if he's clean and has nothing to hide then why is his friend willing to go to jail for him ? because if he's clean then theres no reason to go to jail

The Giambi brothers both said they got steroids from Bonds' trainer and he told them how to take them and how to mask it so you would pass the test

"If i was being accoused of taking STEROIDS and i knew i did and I was clean I would sue the #$%^ out of whoever said i was" - Curt Schilling

Barry has never done anyting to try and prove he's clean saying "They can test me everyday if they want" isn't enough when you know the union will only allows certain tests and they can't detect HGH after an hour after you've taken it and then you have to test blood.

like I said before ...

"In the land of the Blind the one eyed man is King"

CinnaMunMun
03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki :thumb:

I love them too, but I doubt they will even threaten the Rockies club record, let alone the MLB one :laugh:

It sucks to realize that many of the game's great players of the last 25+ years used steroids, but I don't have a difficult time forgiving someone who admits they used. Hey, if it's seemingly OK that virtually everyone in the NFL used..... I don't like it, but I can accept it.

That Clemens and Bonds are willing to go to prison rather than admit what everyone already knows puts them in the same boat as Blameless Bud Selig in my eyes. Worthless.

I agree with this 100%