PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MLB: The season Begins

InsaneBlaze23
03-31-2011, 09:09 AM
It's opening day of america's past time, looking forward to this season, I feel good about my team.

I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs, I'm also happy that the division is no longer bad, other than 2 teams(Royals and Indians) But the White Sox and Twins, help my Tigers make the AL central look good.

So as this season begins, who are you watching today, and what do you see and hope your team can do, other than the wish of all fans?

My Tigers play the ugly Yankees at 1pm est, so I'm glad that I get to watch.

Foez
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
BASEBALL IS HERE!!!!

I'm waiting for the games tomorrow Rangers vs Red Sox and I want to see how King Felix does against the A's for the Mariners.

Edit: By the way I hope your Tigers KILL the Yankees...I hate them.

InsaneBlaze23
03-31-2011, 09:32 AM
BASEBALL IS HERE!!!!

I'm waiting for the games tomorrow Rangers vs Red Sox and I want to see how King Felix does against the A's for the Mariners.

Edit: By the way I hope your Tigers KILL the Yankees...I hate them.

I might watch that game tomorrow, I enjoy watching good team play.

I hope my favorite pitcher(Verlander) destroys the Yanks, I want a good game, but I will not turn down a 5-1 win.

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 10:08 AM
I hoping to watch the game tomorrow between my Red Sox and the Rangers and see Lester make his first opening day start against C.J. Wilson

I hope Verlander shuts down the Yankees I've always been a big Verlander guy he's amazing ... I don't really care for a lot of Tigers but he is one and so is Inge .. Im a huge Brandan Inge guy

InsaneBlaze23
03-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I hoping to watch the game tomorrow between my Red Sox and the Rangers and see Lester make his first opening day start against C.J. Wilson

I hope Verlander shuts down the Yankees I've always been a big Verlander guy he's amazing ... I don't really care for a lot of Tigers but he is one and so is Inge .. Im a huge Brandan Inge guy

Thats cool, I don't care much for any team thats not the Tigers, I do like the Rockies, there cool.

I hope Dice-K and Beckett have good season, both are pitchers that I like.

I just had a sig made, woth both Ingle and Justin in it, Verlander is my favorite pitcher, so i'm glad others like him.

Southstander
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
IB, I hope your Tigers do well the next three games. Don't forget to vote int the baseball teams poll.

BroncoFanBoy
03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Can't wait for Tomorrow. Rockies are gonna kick some ass over the weekend, and hopefully on the game I go to as well. (Tuesday against the Dogturds)

Good luck to your Tigers this season :salute:

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
so so good having mlbtv

so many homers already today

god i love it!

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 01:08 PM
With the Yankees leading 6-3 in the 9th and Riveria coming out of the Pen the Yankees are in First Place ... Thanks for nothing Verlander , Coke and rest of Crappy Tigers BullPen

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Thats cool, I don't care much for any team thats not the Tigers, I do like the Rockies, there cool.

I hope Dice-K and Beckett have good season, both are pitchers that I like.

I just had a sig made, woth both Ingle and Justin in it, Verlander is my favorite pitcher, so i'm glad others like him.

I posted the post before this out of frustration I've always like Verlander and Robertson when he was there ...

Inge and Polanco where also my favorite players (non Sox) i don't like Cabrera at all

InsaneBlaze23
03-31-2011, 01:13 PM
With the Yankees leading 6-3 in the 9th and Riveria coming out of the Pen the Yankees are in First Place ... Thanks for nothing Verlander , Coke and rest of Crappy Tigers BullPen

Don't blame Verlander, he played well, coke allowed the 3 to put the Yanks up, plus the no hitting batters on the team.

To add to that Detroit has 2 players, that are bat swinging happy(Jackson and Avila)

They do nothing but swing, even at balls that are clearly gonna be ball, then Avila let pitchers by. It's a team game, but for the least of the blame, Justin gets little of it.

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Don't blame Verlander, he played well, coke allowed the 3 to put the Yanks up, plus the no hitting batters on the team.

To add to that Detroit has 2 players, that are bat swinging happy(Jackson and Avila)

They do nothing but swing, even at balls that are clearly gonna be ball, then Avila let pitchers by. It's a team game, but for the least of the blame, Justin gets little of it.

He walked like six batters and gave up the three run bomb by Tex and in six inning he had like 117 pitches

Im not Sabathia was much better cause he wasn't but i put that on Verlander ... and some of the guys need to be more selective at the plate but i didn't watch all the game today i had class

InsaneBlaze23
03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
He walked like six batters and gave up the three run bomb by Tex and in six inning he had like 117 pitches

Im not Sabathia was much better cause he wasn't but i put that on Verlander ... and some of the guys need to be more selective at the plate but i didn't watch all the game today i had class

I did watch it, and he so as hell did look better than CC. Yes he gave up a 3 run HR, but how many pitchers you know go past the yankees without allowing one, Tigers came back to tie it up 3-3.

Then Coke came in and let Granderson knock one back, Yanks went up 6-3. The Tigers batters just like much of last year, didn't back up Verlander, while Coke gave up the game.

#1snake_fan
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I did watch it, and he so as hell did look better than CC. Yes he gave up a 3 run HR, but how many pitchers you know go past the yankees without allowing one, Tigers came back to tie it up 3-3.

Then Coke came in and let Granderson knock one back, Yanks went up 6-3. The Tigers batters just like much of last year, didn't back up Verlander, while Coke gave up the game.

First i could name pitchers who could throw shut outs against the Yankees they are just another team and i wasn't saying anything bad about Verlander I was saying you couldn't put it all on the hitters.

Verlander wasn't on today and niether was the bullpen it's opening day ... there's 161 games left im sure Justin will be just fine

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
stauffer gets pujols to popout with a man on 3rd, and 1 out, then gives up an rbi single to holliday on the next pitch...jeeeeez

Bronco51
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
The Reds win on a walkoff three run jack. I love MLB Extra Innings!! Thank God baseball is back:salute:

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
stauffer looks shaky vs guys he should own, and owning guys like pujols lol

padres manufacturing a couple runs to keep it 2-2 in the 5th ...whew

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
oh and padres outfield looks awesome , defensively

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
lol stauffer absolutely destroying albert pujols today

2 double plays and a pop out

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 02:55 PM
despite all the hits he gave up, stauffer looked pretty awesome at times today

3 double plays induced and even a pickoff at 2nd base!

looks like a no decision unless the padres can get a run or two in the 7th

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
oh but carpenter looked better

i think both pitchers may get hung with a ND, depends on if the cards can score in the bottom of the 7th

Broncoholic3233
03-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Padres have no more than 81 wins this year? CP bet anyone? :P

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
cantu gets a hit (noob) , bartlett gets a hit (noob) and hudson gets a walk (another noob)

all to set up the noob hawpe with the bases loaded and 2 outs, but the cards bring in a lefty, so sd will probably PH for hawpe

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
they let hawpe hit vs a lefty, and he flies out....

interesting move bud black lol

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
fact of the day

stauffer induced 2 double plays out of pujols...the first time pujols has grounded into two dps in one game, in 4 years

cool lol

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
hawpe chokes with the bases loaded, then holliday hits a hr in the bottom of the 8th lol

ex rockies all over the place

Thors Hammer
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Crap. It's like the Brewers still have an old Hoffman closing for them. 3 run lead in the 9th, and Axford gives up 4. :sad: :mad:

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
going to top 9, cards up on my boys, 3-2 :(

ERoyal248
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow, Maybin hits a HR, 3-3, bottom 9th..

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
ohyeah! solo hr for maybin, with 2 outs in the top of the 9th haha!

at least if we lose, we made it a real battle!

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
wow this 3b for the cards freese, is awesome lol

jcdavey
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM
padres!

got pujols to ground into 3 dps

that may be a first for him ever lol

jcdavey
04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
http://oi54.tinypic.com/x6hq1e.jpg

bears6385
04-03-2011, 10:09 AM
It's opening day of america's past time, looking forward to this season, I feel good about my team.

I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs, I'm also happy that the division is no longer bad, other than 2 teams(Royals and Indians) But the White Sox and Twins, help my Tigers make the AL central look good.

So as this season begins, who are you watching today, and what do you see and hope your team can do, other than the wish of all fans?

My Tigers play the ugly Yankees at 1pm est, so I'm glad that I get to watch.Two ugly losses to the Yanks have you 2 back of my Sox to start the season.

I know it is only two games but, the Sox are just ripping the ball. A .363 team batting average and 23 runs scored.:peace:

InsaneBlaze23
04-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Two ugly losses to the Yanks have you 2 back of my Sox to start the season.

I know it is only two games but, the Sox are just ripping the ball. A .363 team batting average and 23 runs scored.:peace:

The Sox suck just like the rest of Chicago's teams.

Tigers had 2 bad games, the first one was more of a slow team start, Verlander has never been good on opening day, he only have 1 win in his career with Detroit on opening day. While yesterdays game was just bad, Brad Penny should have never be picked up and I don't understand why they started him and not Max, whom would have gotten the win.