PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Run of Bad luck

sbxxxiichamps
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Anyone feeling for all the St. Louis Cardinals fans out there (like myself) who are dealing with bad news before the season started and now another run in with bad luck on opening day?

First of all, Adam Wainwright who made his first all-star game last year and was NL Cy young award runner-up is going to require tommy-john surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

On opening day Matt Holliday, the Cardinals best Offensive weapon behind Pujols discovered that he is in need of surgery for an appendectomy.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6281009
It won't end his season but its just another bump in the road.

And of course the Pujols contract extravaganza! Who I personally believe is the best hitter in all of baseball right now may be playing his last season in a Cardinals uniform :(

Currently it is depressing to be a cardinals fan :sad:

Broncoyearound
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah it's rough for me right now. We get so close but just fade down the stretch and we have good pieces to win the championship but we just run into bad luck it seems. This year is already taking a toll on me but I have hope for it.

ERoyal248
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I feel bad, doesn't look like a good year for them.

Pujols contract, Waino out for the yr, now Holliday out for 5+ weeks.

Kind of like the Broncos last year once Dumervil went down, once that happened it all went down-hill.

Though, i hope Pujols stays, would be very weird seeing him in another uniform.

Atwnbroncfan
04-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Cardinals will still win that division.

ERoyal248
04-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Cardinals will still win that division.

Without Wainwright, and Holliday out for 4-6+ weeks, it will be tough.

It's not a great division, so still possible, but i don't think so.

jcdavey
04-01-2011, 08:34 PM
i say pujols will be locked up before the end of the season and be a card for life (or at least till he really gets old and goes downhill fast)

Atwnbroncfan
04-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Without Wainwright, and Holliday out for 4-6+ weeks, it will be tough.

It's not a great division, so still possible, but i don't think so.

As long as they are withing 5 games at the deadline its theirs to lose. They'll go get a starter at the deadline if they're in it. Only team I can see staying with them is the Reds, and I think last year was a fluke year for them. I see them as an 82-85 win team.