PDA

View Full Version : Masters 2011

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Tigers Woods is LIGHTS OUT today.

Started the day -5, 7 back.

Right now thru 8 he sits at -10, 1 back.

GO TIGER!!!

Atwnbroncfan
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
#tigerblood #winning

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
#tigerblood #winning

You got that right.

I've got the Masters and Rockies going.....frankly Tiger is more exciting than the Rockies today currently.

Atwnbroncfan
04-10-2011, 12:46 PM
You got that right.

I've got the Masters and Rockies going.....frankly Tiger is more exciting than the Rockies today currently.

Same, but sunday masters is always more exciting than april baseball to me. But Rockies took the lead can't complain.

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Tiger is tied for the lead!!

He's gotta save par though!

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Tiger is #WINNING

Love to see this! Tiger is a beast!

12and4
04-10-2011, 12:53 PM
nice, go woods. He needs this one for sure.

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Ouch. Costly missed Eagle shot there for Tiger.

Still tied for first at -10. With 3 more holes to go.

He needs -12 to win, I think.

Broncoholic JS
04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Epic collapse by Rory,

GO TIGER!!!!

InsaneBlaze23
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm so happy to see him winning again, he needs it. Something like a master win, seems like just what he needs to help get back on track.

Go Tiger!!!!:thumb:

Broncoholic3233
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
He finishes it at -10. He prob won't win it, just has to hope for a tie breaker at least.

Welcome back, Tiger!! It's been too long! :salute:

Eddiemac730
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
He's 10 under after 18! let's hope for a playoff...

Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all!

Broncoholic JS
04-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Is it a sign that the green in front of my house has a red flag? Tiger has his trademark red shirt on today. hmmmmm maybe

themadfanatic
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Been watchin this everyday. Wish tiger played a better back 9. Happy rory collaped I hate him. Exciting tournament none the less

ERoyal248
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Tiger played well, but not enough.

Schwarzl sp? was lights out the last 4 holes, well deserved by him. Tiger's swing looked much, much better, but the putter cost him again.

Hopefully he can win one major this year.

milehighireland
04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Imo McIlroy played by far the best golf for 85% of the masters, then produced some Charger level bottling to completely ruin it. Shame, have to feel very bad for (pretty much) a fellow countryman.... he's only about a year older than I am, which says it all.

Tiger played lights out today and friday and would have won it only for the bad round of 74 yesterday. He's on the rise again though, appears to have got that bit of magic back. Lock up your women!

themadfanatic
04-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I hate rory for trying to act like tiger is washed up. Once he tripple boggied it was like quick sand. Tigers hitting the ball well if his putting was working he could have seriously been 17 under between yesterday and todays back 9 and It was mostly just overthinking he is back and I think he's gonna be better than he was really soon

ERoyal248
04-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate rory for trying to act like tiger is washed up. Once he tripple boggied it was like quick sand. Tigers hitting the ball well if his putting was working he could have seriously been 17 under between yesterday and todays back 9 and It was mostly just overthinking he is back and I think he's gonna be better than he was really soon

His putting killed Tiger.

He missed a 2-3 footer yesterday, and today, that's 2 shots.

Missed a 8-10 footer for eagle, and some other shots.

Yesterday he got so unlucky, if he shot even par, and made those shots, he's wearing the green jacket.

This is the best i've seen Tiger swing in years, very good to see.

themadfanatic
04-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah he's gonna be dangerous. He's definately gonna win more majors. Btw was this not the best masters ever? Until tiger finished anyway I wish he started later

milehighireland
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
His putting killed Tiger.

He missed a 2-3 footer yesterday, and today, that's 2 shots.

Missed a 8-10 footer for eagle, and some other shots.

Yesterday he got so unlucky, if he shot even par, and made those shots, he's wearing the green jacket.

This is the best i've seen Tiger swing in years, very good to see.

Kinda gives the impression that he's getting the mental aspect and consistency of his game back together. The signs have been there since the last day of the Ryder now and are getting stronger... He's just not there yet though, as his 74 yesterday and that 3 putt from an eagle opportunity showed

red19
04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Awesome Masters....

There are soooo many good young players these days that I dont know if we will ever see a consensus top 2 or 3 guys.

themadfanatic
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I think tiger will be at number 1 a notch ahead of everyone else a year from now and scott,mcilroy,yang,angel,phil,and jason day will all be fighting for #2

Kno-Sean
04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
What I took from yesterday is that the Tiger Woods era is now over. Officially.

Tiger Woods just played the best golf he's played in years, and it wasn't good enough. Tiger made a surge shooting -5 through 8 holes and closing in on the lead. Multiple times Tiger was "on the prowl" and it didn't seem to effect anyone.

In the past if Tiger was anywhere near the top of the leader board people started to struggle. No longer are people afraid of Tiger Woods.

Even if Tiger wins a major here or there I still don't think the intimidation will ever come back. These younger guys are as confident as ever.

The Tiger Woods era is over.

ERoyal248
04-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Tiger Woods just played the best golf he's played in years, and it wasn't good enough. Tiger made a surge shooting -5 through 8 holes and closing in on the lead. Multiple times Tiger was "on the prowl" and it didn't seem to effect anyone.

In the past if Tiger was anywhere near the top of the leader board people started to struggle. No longer are people afraid of Tiger Woods.

Even if Tiger wins a major here or there I still don't think the intimidation will ever come back. These younger guys are as confident as ever.

I'm the opposite.

Tiger is back, his swing looked the best i've seen it in years.

If it wasn't for a bad putting day on the 1st and 3rd day, he's probably wearing the green jacket right now.

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Ur so wrong. Tiger is hitting the ball better than ever and the leader DID struggle. Tiger barely missed like 9 putts he could have finished that tournament 18 or 19 under and he could have set the record for lowest round at a major EVER had he made his putts. Idk what masters u were watchin tiger is comin and it doesn't matter if ppl r scared lol. He's a tournament or two away from being more dominant than ever

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM

Not a chance in hell man.

Tiger Woods didn't play his best golf. He missed some putts. If he hit a few putts, he wins that thing easily.

Tiger Woods is BACK!!

And it feels great.

LordTrychon
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
The intimidation has always been hard to measure.

Rory did fold... but that's common for a youngin at a major. Period.

Meanwhile, if Tiger put up a number 2-3 lower, does Schwartz pull off his amazing finish?

I think a lot of the intimidation comes from the winning. When he wins more consistently again, the intimidation could increase again. If he fends off a few people trying to catch him, as he used to, it will affect the field again. He was never known for chasing down the leader on Sunday, although that's how people talk about it for some reason.

He won by getting a lead and refusing to give it up on Sunday. If he does that several times this year, the intimidation, however strong it really was, will be back.

Kno-Sean
04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Tiger is hitting the ball better than ever? Tiger is going to be more dominant than he ever was? ha..

Tiger Woods use to be by far the greatest golfer in the world. Nobody was even close to Tiger. The gap has closed.

He will no longer be dominating the sport of golf like he use to. Yes he might win an event here or there, but he's not going to dominate.

Could of, would of, should of. I don't care if he could have won the Masters. I don't care if he would have won the Masters if he made a few more puts. You could say that about a handful of players today "Oh if he would have made that put on this hole" It doesn't matter. Charl was the only golfer that actually won the Masters this weekend.

And if a top 10 at the Masters means Tiger is back, or better than ever! Then I'll let you think that, cuz that's not the truth at all.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Somebody doesn't like Tiger.

TIGER IS BACK

Kno-Sean
04-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Somebody doesn't like Tiger.

TIGER IS BACK

What do you even mean by that?

Tiger is good again? Or, Tiger is as good as he use to be?

And it's not my dislike for Tiger, it's just the fact that I recognize that the field is now just as good as Tiger.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I'll explain later. On phone

LordTrychon
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Even at his best, Tiger did not win every tournament he entered, let alone every major.

He may be on his way back to dominance, but we won't know until he's doing it.

The fact that he can come in 4th, and people will still say he played badly says a lot about where he was or could be going.

Will he ever fully recover? Nobody knows.

I know that I was asked by my fiance the other day if I thought he was past his prime (ok, I brought the subject up, but she asked the question to me directly).

He will probably never win 4 straight majors again. Nobody does that, so in a sense, he has already seen his peak.

Can he get back to winning 6-8 tournaments a year though? Not a shocking number for Tiger, but a shocking number for anyone else... I think he can. I don't know that he will.

I won't count him out for 1 4th place finish, nor will I count on it for one better performance. Time will tell.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Is he back to dominance? No, not yet. Could he be? Possibly.

But he is definitely back and in contention. In the past year, he hasn't even been close, yesterday he had the 3rd best score. While missing at like 6-7 putts.

Sure...coulda woulda shoulda. But these putts he missed weren't just missed, they were in and out and ringed out of the hole. Obviously, he didn't win, but he easily could've.

So, even when he wasn't playing his best he finished with the 3rd best score.

Tiger is back. Not to dominance yet. But he very well could be on his way. We'll see, but the last few days showed a lot. His swing looks great, he looks determined, he just had a few back breaks.

Kno-Sean
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Is he back to dominance? No, not yet. Could he be? Possibly.

But he is definitely back and in contention. In the past year, he hasn't even been close, yesterday he had the 3rd best score. While missing at like 6-7 putts.

Sure...coulda woulda shoulda. But these putts he missed weren't just missed, they were in and out and ringed out of the hole. Obviously, he didn't win, but he easily could've.

So, even when he wasn't playing his best he finished with the 3rd best score.

Tiger is back. Not to dominance yet. But he very well could be on his way. We'll see, but the last few days showed a lot. His swing looks great, he looks determined, he just had a few back breaks.

Well being almost back, and being back is totally different.

Tiger will never be "back" to anywhere near what he was in the past.

Tiger fans think he's going to win every tourney he's in. The fact is that all these young guys are just as good as Tiger is right now. They are only going to get better, Tiger is on the decline.

He might still be good, but the Tiger Woods era is over.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Well being almost back, and being back is totally different.

Tiger will never be "back" to anywhere near what he was in the past.

Tiger fans think he's going to win every tourney he's in. The fact is that all these young guys are just as good as Tiger is right now. They are only going to get better, Tiger is on the decline.

He might still be good, but the Tiger Woods era is over.

That is not true at all either. Pure speculation on your part.

Tiger very well might dominate the sport again. He's only 35, and it's golf. He was on a decline, but he's right back in the mix now.

He's more experienced, and still a better golfer than the rest of these guys, if he puts it back together, he was a rare talent.

So yes he is back.

I never said he was going to dominate again. But he's back. Right back in the mix. Few unlucky breaks, it's a brutal sport.

He could be 'on is way' back to dominance again though.

Kno-Sean
04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
That is not true at all either. Pure speculation on your part.

Tiger very well might dominate the sport again. He's only 35, and it's golf. He was on a decline, but he's right back in the mix now.

He's more experienced, and still a better golfer than the rest of these guys, if he puts it back together, he was a rare talent.

So yes he is back.

I never said he was going to dominate again. But he's back. Right back in the mix. Few unlucky breaks, it's a brutal sport.

He could be 'on is way' back to dominance again though.

Well we can agree to disagree. But Tiger is never going to be "back". He will never be the unanimous best golfer in the world again.

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Lol yes he will I give him 1 year to be #1 again he's gonna be better than ever. His putting is gonna become lights out and he's already driving and pitching better than ever. The young guns are cool but they're not on tigers level mentally or talent wise just wait til he gets his nerves right wit that putter and were gonna be back to saying tiger or the field.

canadiansbronco
04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
i tend to agree with Kno-Sean yes tiger is out of is slump and "back" but i think the day of everybody on the field choking because he is making a back nine charge are over...

Kno-Sean
05-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Tiger is BACCKKK! Nice showing at the Players Championship.

Hoserman117
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Too bad he just withdrew...

I don't really care about golf, but I really like Tiger.

Kno-Sean
05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Too bad he just withdrew...

I don't really care about golf, but I really like Tiger.

It was sarcasm. The rest of the thread would make it clear.

I'm the opposite, I really like golf, not a big fan of Tiger.

Hoserman117
05-12-2011, 08:25 AM
I wasn't really responding to anybodies post in particular :P I can see how it would sound like that though.