PDA

View Full Version : knicks gotta play boston

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I wish we finished 8th and had to play the bulls hopefully celts will continue to struggle and we pull it off but honestly I think their starting 5 is better at every position. The only matchup that are debateable are pierce/melo and garnett/stat. I'm not happy

The Experience
04-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Really? You wanted to play Chicago in the 1st round????? I would be hoping for Miami if I were you.....

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Bulls or miami. I'd like both those matchups but we are great against the bulls. They have 1 advantage(rose) noah is small enough that we could play amare at center and run and gun on them

The Experience
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Bulls or miami. I'd like both those matchups but we are great against the bulls. They have 1 advantage(rose) noah is small enough that we could play amare at center and run and gun on them

In the playoffs Chicago would wax you guys..... They play too good of defense and the Knicks have no one who can handle Rose, Bulls in 4 or 5.....

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Heck no lol. We would beat them in 6 tops. They have no one for melo.we have their number. If rose is off which he often is they loose

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Heck no lol. We would beat them in 6 tops. They have no one for melo.we have their number. If rose is off which he often is they loose

LOL

That's hilarious.

Bulls in 4. Luol Deng can definitely hang with Melo. Boozer can definitely handle Amare.

Miami in 6.

And the Celtics will win in 5.

BroncoFanBoy
04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Goodbye to the Knicks then. Celtics in 5

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:39 PM
LOL

That's hilarious.

Bulls in 4. Luol Deng can definitely hang with Melo. Boozer can definitely handle Amare.

Miami in 6.

And the Celtics will win in 5.

Bulls in 4?? lol!! Deng can hang with melo lol! Boozer can gaurd amare?? Have u ever seen any of these ppl play? How many times did we already beat them? Lol knicks in 6. Rose had a time in march where he was a combine 0-30 from 3 over 3 games. IF we get past celts and eventually see the bulls I know well win

The Experience
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
It all comes down to who can play the best "Team Basketball" and the Knicks have no clue of such concept.

Rose is the best player on the floor in that series, no question.

Boozer and Noah can certainly handle Amare. Deng can play good D against Melo, but Melo will probably get his.

Chicago's bench is much deeper and the Knicks have no one who can bang with Noah.

Thibodeau is 10X the coach D'Antoni is.....

The Knicks really don't stand a chance in that series.....

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Nah dantoni is the best offensive coach in the nba. They can not guard amare trust me. And our bench is good as well. Douglas is a beast mason is a clutch knockdown shooter, carter plays great D williams is solid. Melo is the best iso player and best cluch player in basketball. Mr big shot, fields is decent. We've already shown we can beat them.

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Next year is ours. Were gonna hope kemba falls to us. Release billups and go after dwight howard and we instantly have a dynasty

The Experience
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Nah dantoni is the best offensive coach in the nba. They can not guard amare trust me. And our bench is good as well. Douglas is a beast mason is a clutch knockdown shooter, carter plays great D williams is solid. Melo is the best iso player and best cluch player in basketball. Mr big shot, fields is decent. We've already shown we can beat them.

Best offensive coach in the league? maybe I'll give you that, but I will take a defensive guru over an offense guru everyday of the week....

The Experience
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Next year is ours. Were gonna hope kemba falls to us. Release billups and go after dwight howard and we instantly have a dynasty

I have a gut feeling Dwight is LA or Boston bound.....

Southstander
04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/CelticsLogo_History.gif

Atwnbroncfan
04-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Celtics/Heat would take the Knicks in 6. Bulls would take them in 5.

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
La would be dumb for that when they have bynum and dwight would be foolish if he went to boston when 3 of their big 4 r about to retire when u could go to nyc and be with amare and melo and hopfully kemba/douglas

themadfanatic
04-11-2011, 08:03 PM
My favorite player all time is jesus shuttlesworth(and barkley) btw so I will enjoy this series

ERoyal248
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a gut feeling Dwight is LA or Boston bound.....

LA doesn't have the cap to get him, Boston is a possibility.

The Experience
04-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Not now, but a lot can happen between now and next summer.....

ERoyal248
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Not now, but a lot can happen between now and next summer.....

They can't afford it.

To get Howard they would have to trade Kobe or Gasol plus Bynum so they'd have the cap space to sign Howard which won't happen.

Not sure if he stays or leaves, but LA won't get him, they have little to no cap space, especially once the new CBA is settled.

DevilSpawn
04-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Can't see the Knicks getting out the first round but I could care less. Playoff basketball is finally back in the Mecca.

sbxxxiichamps
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/CelticsLogo_History.gif

THIS!! LETS GO CELTICS!!

My prediction: Celtics take the Knicks in 6

HERE WE GO! :thumb:

Spice 1
04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

That would make a lot of people barf.

I wouldn't be surprised if this series went seven. Boston forfeit this season when they traded Perkins. Stupid. NY will have to start building around Melo and Amare this offseason. They might have to unload Billups if they plan to keep D'antoni around.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Deng shut down Melo just fine...only 21 points...

CoryWinget81
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
:laugh:

Knicks are gonna get BOUNCED in the first round.

Sig bet?

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Melo didn't play a lot especially the last 7 minutes. Lol going for 20+ is NOT being shut down what are u talking about? Seriously?

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
AND that was without amare getting double teams

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Melo didn't play a lot especially the last 7 minutes. Lol going for 20+ is NOT being shut down what are u talking about? Seriously?

Melo played 32 minutes. He scored 21 points.

For the great scorer he is, that is limiting him.

What are you talking about? Seriously?

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Sig bet?

So are the nuggets... There playing a team of all stars no one expects them to win. I say we have a 30 percent chance

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
AND that was without amare getting double teams

LOL

keep making excuses.

Melo draws just as many doubles as Amare if not more.

Deng is a smart defender. He isn't going to leave Melo alone. C'mon.

You really don't know your basketball. You've made that clear on multiple posts.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
So are the nuggets... There playing a team of all stars no one expects them to win. I say we have a 30 percent chance

No one mentioned the Nuggets...nice try. Plus we are injured, so whose going to look awful if the Nuggets advance and the almighty Knicks fall.

You guys have a 10% chance at best.... LOL

DevilSpawn
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Sig bet?
I'm game.

Whoever makes it the farthest between us.

If we both get eliminated in the first round, then it's who won the most games.

If we both get eliminated in the same amount of games, then how about the overall point differential for the combined games.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah ok. I played basketball my whole life. What does melo drawing doubles have to do with what I said?? Melo obviously sees less double teams when amares on the court. U obviously don't know basketball. I've NEVER said anything close to showing basketball. U sound foolish

CoryWinget81
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Nice deflect, but you guys have like a 5% shot.

When the Celtics are bullying your paper-assed team around, you'll see what I mean. Playoffs are an entirely different animal...

...just ask Melo.

CoryWinget81
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm game.

Whoever makes it the farthest between us.

If we both get eliminated in the first round, then it's who won the most games.

If we both get eliminated in the same amount of games, then how about the overall point differential for the combined games.

It REALLY speaks volumes how confident you are in the Knicks that you have to drag the Nuggets into it. :laugh:

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
No one mentioned the Nuggets...nice try. Plus we are injured, so whose going to look awful if the Nuggets advance and the almighty Knicks fall.

The almighty knicks??? U obviously don't know anything about basketball. No one expected a playoff run from the knicks this year. Yeah knick fans have hope but that's it. We haven't made the playoffs in 4ever. The almighty knicks lol.

DevilSpawn
04-12-2011, 08:05 PM
It REALLY speaks volumes how confident you are in the Knicks that you have to drag the Nuggets into it. :laugh:
I never back down from a challenge, regardless of the state of my team.

So is that a yes?

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah ok. I played basketball my whole life. What does melo drawing doubles have to do with what I said?? Melo obviously sees less double teams when amares on the court. U obviously don't know basketball. I've NEVER said anything close to showing basketball. U sound foolish

You are clueless.

I've seen all 81 of the Nuggets games this year, and tomorrow I'll have seen all 82.

I've played my entire life. I've coached by cousin's team. I live for basketball.

If Amare was getting double teams, Melo isn't going to score more points. Deng isn't an idiot and he isn't going to be the one double teaming Amare leaving Melo open. :doh:

You stand no chance. You already admitted you're not a true basketball fan. Leaving one team cuz a player and coach left. :laugh: pathetic.

Nuggets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Knicks

All day every day.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
The almighty knicks??? U obviously don't know anything about basketball. No one expected a playoff run from the knicks this year. Yeah knick fans have hope but that's it. We haven't made the playoffs in 4ever. The almighty knicks lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Melo was going to be your savior. Read all the Knicks boards after that trade. Knick fans comments on ESPN after that trade.

Your fans were expecting a Championship this year. Then you went on that nice 1-9 run....and now you say that.

LOL LOL LOL

You truly are as ignorant as the come.

Stick to football, if you even know what you are talking about there....

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM

U don't have to mention them. Its the pot calling the kettle black. And don't make excuses for y you will loose to okc in 5.

CoryWinget81
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
I never back down from a challenge, regardless of the state of my team.

So is that a yes?

Is this a Knicks thread or a Nuggets thread?

Did I ever mention the Nuggets? We're so injured right now, if no one comes back soon, I'd be surprised if we won ONE game. Let alone a series.

Who mentioned the Nuggets?

OH that's right.

JakeNbake
04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
U don't have to mention them. Its the pot calling the kettle black. And don't make excuses for y you will loose to okc in 5.

The Knicks suck... that is all.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Right.........

The Nuggets were supposed to drop out of the playoffs.

The Nuggets stood no chance of making the playoffs without Melo and Chauncey.

The Nuggets were going to be lucky to even have a .500 record with that new team.

Hmmmmmm.....

Yet, we are going to be 51-31 in all likelihood. We've been pretty badly injured during a lot of that (with the new squad). We are going to be the 5th seed.

While you guys barely made it over .500, and are in the eastern conference....with Amare, Melo and Chauncey.

LOL. You are acting like we were supposed to win. We weren't even supposed to be there!! And if we are healthy, we will win the first round. Just wait. You'll look as foolish as you sound.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Melo was going to be your savior. Read all the Knicks boards after that trade. Knick fans comments on ESPN after that trade.

Your fans were expecting a Championship this year. Then you went on that nice 1-9 run....and now you say that.

LOL LOL LOL

You truly are as ignorant as the come.

Stick to football, if you even know what you are talking about there....

Not a true basketball fan? U sound like an idiot! Maybe not a true suns fan (which I am) but I am a basketball nut. I watch high school, college(boys and girls) wnba nba. I go to knicks games at the garden and nets games. I play basketball almost everyday. U have no clue what your talking about. I love both football and basketball. No real basketball fan with a clue thought melo was putting us over the top THIS YEAR no anaylist, NO ONE every1 said it was a good move for OUR FUTURE. U DON'T KNOW BASKETBALL!! And ur proving it

DevilSpawn
04-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Is this a Knicks thread or a Nuggets thread?

Did I ever mention the Nuggets? We're so injured right now, if no one comes back soon, I'd be surprised if we won ONE game. Let alone a series.

Who mentioned the Nuggets?

OH that's right.
Well yesterday I said the Knicks probably won't make it out the first round. So I do need some incentive to make or take a bet for the Knicks.

I didn't know the Nuggets had injuries like that. I couldn't even tell you who the Nuggets are playing. All I know and care about if playoff basketball in NYC. It's been too damn long.

JakeNbake
04-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Not a true basketball fan? U sound like an idiot! Maybe not a true suns fan (which I am) but I am a basketball nut. I watch high school, college(boys and girls) wnba nba. I go to knicks games at the garden and nets games. I play basketball almost everyday. U have no clue what your talking about. I love both football and basketball. No real basketball fan with a clue thought melo was putting us over the top THIS YEAR no anaylist, NO ONE every1 said it was a good move for OUR FUTURE. U DON'T KNOW BASKETBALL!! And ur proving it

you mad bro?

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Right....I don't know basketball.

LOL.

You are truly something else.

Go keep telling yourself what makes you content, while the rest of us sit and laugh at your posts. :laugh:

Amari24
After reading through some comments, it was worth the laugh. Anyone who thinks the Knicks have a chance at getting past the 1st round is deluding themselves.

themadfanatic
And for the record the guy who KNOWS basketball (me) said as soon as the trade happened that it would make the nuggets BETTER not worse. Because u got really good players in galo,felton, and chandler and u lost a guy in melo who when on the court hinders your team from being able to use ur up and down speed since melo is a half court iso player

JakeNbake
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
And for the record the guy who KNOWS basketball (me) said as soon as the trade happened that it would make the nuggets BETTER not worse. Because u got really good players in galo,felton, and chandler and u lost a guy in melo who when on the court hinders your team from being able to use ur up and down speed since melo is a half court iso player

You're a funny guy.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote, or didn't happen.

Plus, I never said you didn't say that. I said what our expectations were from a ton of people. Analysts, Knicks fans, Nugs fans, etc....

I can prove to you I thought we'd be a better team. I've been hoping we traded Melo forever.

When this deal got done, I knew we were still definitely a playoff caliber team that could make a run at it.

The Experience
04-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Madfanatic, you never responded to my post comparing Thibodeau and D'Antoni.

As for the Nuggets and Knicks, no comparison.... We own you in pretty much everything, scoring, defense, shooting and coaching. SO don't go there...:thumb:

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
you mad bro?

No this guys just talking nonsense sayin I've ever said something about basketball that shows I don't know basketball lol. Talkin about stick to football. I know more about basketball than even football. I've played organized basketball for years, I still play streetball almost everyday. I always watch basketball, all my friends do. I'm not a fan I'm a fanatic. I live in ct basketball IS CT. We watch GIRLS basketball out here! we go to boston garden,the garden,izod(now newark where my mom lives) we don't only watch 82 games of 1 team lol. I KNOW basketball and I KNOW the nba. This dude has no clue what's goin on on the east coast. All my boys are knick fans and not one thought melo was puttin us over the hump THIS YEAR. Broncohaulic is lost in the sauce. Keep coachin ur little cousins team and let urself THINK u know basketball.

CoryWinget81
04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
No this guys just talking nonsense sayin I've ever said something about basketball that shows I don't know basketball lol. Talkin about stick to football. I know more about basketball than even football. I've played organized basketball for years, I still play streetball almost everyday. I always watch basketball, all my friends do. I'm not a fan I'm a fanatic. I live in ct basketball IS CT. We watch GIRLS basketball out here! we go to boston garden,the garden,izod(now newark where my mom lives) we don't only watch 82 games of 1 team lol. I KNOW basketball and I KNOW the nba. This dude has no clue what's goin on on the east coast. All my boys are knick fans and not one thought melo was puttin us over the hump THIS YEAR. Broncohaulic is lost in the sauce. Keep coachin ur little cousins team and let urself THINK u know basketball.

I think they should make a real men of genius Bud Light song about you...

"Mister I knowmoreaboutthissportthananyoneelsebcauseisaidso guyyyyyy!!"

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM

First, work on the spelling.

Second, I will keep coaching. Thanks!

Third, I know I know basketball. I don't need you to think I do. Everyone here knows I know basketball besides you apparently.

Fourth, I know what is going on with the Knicks thank you. I also know what is going on with the Celtics, my number 2 team, and I know they will hammer you guys.

Fifth, I attend CSU men/girls games. I watch every Duke game. I watch every Nuggets game. I played basketball forever. Still do for fun. So, I know basketball.

Keep on keeping on!!! :laugh:

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote, or didn't happen.

Plus, I never said you didn't say that. I said what our expectations were from a ton of people. Analysts, Knicks fans, Nugs fans, etc....

I can prove to you I thought we'd be a better team. I've been hoping we traded Melo forever.

When this deal got done, I knew we were still definitely a playoff caliber team that could make a run at it.

Its somewhere on ur official nuggets thread. Trust me I was a huge supporter of gallo, chandler,and felton. I wanted to keep our team and get melo next year actually. To the experience what did u say about dantoni and the bulls coach(can't spell his name)

The Experience
04-12-2011, 08:35 PM
BH and I spend quite a bit of time this season talking about the Nuggets in the Nugget thread. We have had our fair share of times where we agree and disagree. That being said, BH knows basketball, one of the smartest bball people on these boards. And this is coming from a guy who knows his basketball.....

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I NEVER said he didn't. This jabroni said I don't because I said melo would see less double teams if amare were playing which is a fact. I'm sure he does but so do I. To insult me for no reason was uncalled for and untrue. I've never said anything to indicate I don't know basketball.

Bernie24
04-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Guys just stop responding lol its gotten pretty bad...

The celts will bounce the knicks and the heat but since we traded Perkins im not sure about the Bulls. So mad about that trade even though Jgreen is pretty good. Perkins was massive loss...imo probably the one factor that will keep the celtics from winning another championship together.

Amari24
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Guys just stop responding lol its gotten pretty bad...

The celts will bounce the knicks and the heat but since we traded Perkins im not sure about the Bulls. So mad about that trade even though Jgreen is pretty good. Perkins was massive loss...imo probably the one factor that will keep the celtics from winning another championship together.

For some reason I don't think the Bulls make it to the finals at all. I tend to think they'll end up as the '09-'10 Cavs team. Good regular season team, not so good in the playoffs.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
And him saying things like "everybody" thought the knicks were winning it all and "the almighty knicks" shows me he does NOT know how knick fans felt about the trade. And the comment that deng "shut down" melo when melo dropped 21 and sat like 16 minutes makes me question his knowlege as well as arguing that melo wouldn't see less double teams had amare played

Bernie24
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
For some reason I don't think the Bulls make it to the finals at all. I tend to think they'll end up as the '09-'10 Cavs team. Good regular season team, not so good in the playoffs.
I hope so. I freakin hate Rose.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Y u hate rose?? He's ultra humble, quiet, just does his job

Bernie24
04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
There just certain people i hate for no partiular reason. Just the way they are. Plus Rose is reaaaaally stupid. He can hardly talk.

Rose
MJD
Dirk
Mark Cuban
Every Maverick basically
J Campbell
Tavaris Jackson
Mauer
Joakim Noah(though i like the rest of the bulls)
CP3
Mo Williams
Charlie Villanueva
Every Duke player
GSP

A lot of people for no reason i just really dont like them

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah he can't talk at all but I love drose

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Players I hate:
Rory mcilroy
Greg mcelroy
Jay cutler(used to love him)
Dwade
Cp3
Tony romo
Phillip rivers
Sproles
Peyton
Eli
Reggie wayne
Gates
Brian cushing

Bernie24
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I love Dwade, Peyton, and Sproles and Cushing

Dwade is actually my favorite player i dont know how you could not like him. Super talented, swagger, intelligent, comes from poverty and made himself, exciting, kind,

Just an awesome dude.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I hate him. I didn't like him in college, he just seems like a jerk to me for some reason. I hate that ppl act like lebrons not "the man" on that team. I don't like his game. And I have no idea how u can like sproles? R u a bronco fan? I think peyton is the most overrated terrible playoff qb ever. I think cushing is a juiced up racist. I kinda don't like clay for the same reasons.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Bulls in 4?? lol!! Deng can hang with melo lol! Boozer can gaurd amare?? Have u ever seen any of these ppl play? How many times did we already beat them? Lol knicks in 6. Rose had a time in march where he was a combine 0-30 from 3 over 3 games. IF we get past celts and eventually see the bulls I know well win

I NEVER said he didn't. This jabroni said I don't because I said melo would see less double teams if amare were playing which is a fact. I'm sure he does but so do I. To insult me for no reason was uncalled for and untrue. I've never said anything to indicate I don't know basketball.

Saying Deng can't hang with Melo.

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-110405/nba-awards-watch

Yet he is 5th on ESPN for Defensive player of the year?

Makes me question your knowledge. Yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Melo getting double teamed. He's going to get double teamed a lot w/ or w/o Amare. Gimme a break man. Just because Amare is in, doesn't mean they aren't going to double team Melo. He's a premier scorer in the league.

Stop being foolish.

It's humorous reading your posts

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying he's not gonna see double teams, I'm saying he will see less with amare out there. I don't care if he's a good defender melo is one of if not the best one on one player in basketball. Their are a select few that are what ppl who know basketball call "unguardable" melo is one of them. Deng does not have the strengh or speed to "shut down" melo or lebron or kobe period

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
And like I said holdin melo to 21 in 32 minutes with help is NOT "shutting him down". Makes me question your knowledge. Yes!

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not saying he's not gonna see double teams, I'm saying he will see less with amare out there. I don't care if he's a good defender melo is one of if not the best one on one player in basketball. Their are a select few that are what ppl who know basketball call "unguardable" melo is one of them. Deng does not have the strengh or speed to "shut down" melo or lebron or kobe period

I said hang with him. In the first post and others. Only time I said 'shut down' was after the game tonight, maybe I mis-worded it.

He can definitely hang with Melo.

Holding Melo to 21-24 points or so, is definitely hanging with Melo. He could easily score 30+ any night. He won't completely stop him, but he can hang with him. No doubt about it. He proved it tonight as well.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
And like I said holdin melo to 21 in 32 minutes with help is NOT "shutting him down". Makes me question your knowledge. Yes!

I could not careless if you question my knowledge or not. I've had people back me up. I know the game, keep thinking I don't.

Holding Melo to 21 points in 32 minutes for the scorer Melo is, is VERY respectable. Depends what your definition of shutting down is. He definitely didn't do close to enough damage to win, thus he shut him down, when he can easily take over a game and win it.

I've watched him since he was a Rookie. Holding him to 21 points is very good.

Keeping thinking its not.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Melo didn't play the last 6 minutes and he might be the best 4th quarter player in basketball. He played 32 minutes. If he played his usual 40 and/or had amare keeping the defense honest and limiting some of the help melo would easily drop 30 on him. Yes he hung with him he even outscored him today. I thought u meant he can stop melo. Melo can drop 30 on him everytime they play

The Experience
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Its somewhere on ur official nuggets thread. Trust me I was a huge supporter of gallo, chandler,and felton. I wanted to keep our team and get melo next year actually. To the experience what did u say about dantoni and the bulls coach(can't spell his name)

You had said that D'antoni is the best offensive coach in the NBA, which I agreed with. But I said I would take a defensive guru (meaning Thibs) over an offensive guru any day of the week.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't really question ur knowledge I'm just being a jerk since u said I'm clueless about basketball. I think from the begining u misunderstood what I was sayin when I was saying melo would see LESS double teams and thought I was saying none. And I thought u were saying deng is on melos level and/or he can stop him and I guess u were just saying he can make it tougher for him to get his 30

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
You had said that D'antoni is the best offensive coach in the NBA, which I agreed with. But I said I would take a defensive guru (meaning Thibs) over an offensive guru any day of the week.

I think most ppl would but as a lifelong suns fan I wouldn't, I love that run and gun, pick and roll basketball. Melo kinda ruins that being a stop the flow iso guy though and I do wish they would put some kind of emphasis on defense as well but the suns have proven many times even with a below average team u can go far simply by scoring more than the other team. We had the best record b4, we scored the most points and we would have won it all if not for amare getting suspended against the spurs when horry knocked nash into the table heck even gentry had us a ron artest tip in from goin 7 games with the lakers in the west finals last year and we played terrible d

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
And had a terrible team

The Experience
04-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Defense wins championships, and until the knicks start playing it they will never win one.

Name the last run and gun, No D team that won an NBA title........

Thats right, there hasn't been one....

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:42 PM
But the suns would have

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Heck if duncan didn't make that buzzer beater 3 to go to ot when we had shaq we might have 2, the year amare got hurt couldve been 3. We were beast we just got some tough breaks

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Defense wins championships, and until the knicks start playing it they will never win one.

Name the last run and gun, No D team that won an NBA title........

Thats right, there hasn't been one....

It's so awesome that GK can coach now.

Now we actually play defense and it is really fun to watch.

Plus, we gained offense too. Very fast paced team.

So fun to watch now.

themadfanatic
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Melo can play some d when he wants too. He's the only player that can guard lebron imo(maybe pierce too)

The Experience
04-13-2011, 06:00 AM
But the suns would have

First, You seriously think the Suns would have beat the Celtics?

2nd, Last years Suns team was a much better defensive team under Gentry then they ever were under D'Antoni.

My point is the Knicks play no defense.... D'Antoni could care less about that side of the ball. As long as he is coach, the Knicks will never win an NBA title, I promise you.

The Experience
04-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Melo can play some d when he wants too. He's the only player that can guard lebron imo(maybe pierce too)

Too bad he never feels the need to....

johnlimburg
04-13-2011, 06:06 AM

Not on the perimeter though

Atwnbroncfan
04-13-2011, 09:13 AM

I'll agree to that comment. Melo will usually try hard against his buddies lebron, Kobe and so forth. He and Kobe had some good battles in the WCF in 09. But he only brings it about 5 games a year.

Broncoyearound
04-16-2011, 07:30 PM
I wish we finished 8th and had to play the bulls hopefully celts will continue to struggle and we pull it off but honestly I think their starting 5 is better at every position. The only matchup that are debateable are pierce/melo and garnett/stat. I'm not happy

How dare you go and insult the bulls. The best team during the regular season. I don't see the big deal with Boston since that trade but whatever. Two teams Miami Bulls two teams you don't want to face period!

Broncoyearound
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow Bulls with Home court owns the Knicks. When did the Knicks become so good please inform me on that. The bulls took care of the knicks and ended their win streak not too long ago. Plus those two times you played we had our key guys hurt. No way the knicks hang with a healthy bulls squad. We got too many big bodies down below.

Melo is overated don't care what anyone says. He's a spot up jump shooter but as far as getting to the basket he's average at best. Rose can get to the basket at will on any given night. Add that to the fact Deng gets hot or Boozer and you have a long night. Defense is easily tops in the league and they've been consistent all year even when key guys was hurt.

Bulls are a serious threat in the east this year although today they were sluggish but they have the team to take the trophy this year the knicks don't. Saying the knicks would easily bounce the bulls is a foolish opinion at best because one thing is for sure when the game is close and on the line Rose takes over. He has some Jordan in him that refusal to lose and wants the ball in his hands down the stretch and not too many people have stopped him this year so cool it with the knicks talk dude. Not a personal attack on you but obviously you haven't paid attention to them being a knicks fan.

Stats is there and that's why Rose is MVP. Dude is just sick hell he showed that today. Brought his team back with his energy and hustle.

themadfanatic
04-16-2011, 07:43 PM
No doubt rose is a beast. I NEVER said easily beat them. I said I'd rather play them. I think we match up better with them and btw that game u just ended our streak amare didn't play and melo only played 31 minutes

Broncoyearound
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM

Whoa really? You a Celtic fan? I hope so cause how can you hate on Rose? Dude game is only going to get better and is talented you can't hate the man. He pulling a bit of Jordan recently when the game is close he is taking it over.

Broncoyearound
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
No doubt rose is a beast. I NEVER said easily beat them. I said I'd rather play them. I think we match up better with them and btw that game u just ended our streak amare didn't play and melo only played 31 minutes

True enough but Boozer didn't play in one of your victories actually Boozer or Noah didn't play that game so if you can count your wins ours should count as well. The knicks still need that true point guard. I'd say someone like Paul if he becomes available then y'all get scary but as you said earlier you guys are set up for the future.

themadfanatic
04-16-2011, 08:49 PM
My boy wants paul too not me I really like douglas. I'd let billups go and get dwight howard. A big 3 with a 3,4, and 5 would b unstoppable imo any pg could find the open man with all them. Actually the pg would b more of a 3 point shooter with everybody in the big 3 constantly demanding doubles, someone will always be open and we got a bunch of knockdown shooters(douglas,mason,walker,fields)

Bernie24
04-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Whoa really? You a Celtic fan? I hope so cause how can you hate on Rose? Dude game is only going to get better and is talented you can't hate the man. He pulling a bit of Jordan recently when the game is close he is taking it over.

Yeah im a Celtic fan

And please dont compare Rose to Jordan..even if he is playing out of his mind right now. Jordan was THE GOAT

Rose shouldnt be put in the same sentence.

Broncoyearound
04-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah im a Celtic fan

And please dont compare Rose to Jordan..even if he is playing out of his mind right now. Jordan was THE GOAT

Rose shouldnt be put in the same sentence.

Trust me I'm not in no way saying Rose is like Jordan there is only one MJ just saying late in games atleast recently Rose is doing stuff that Jordan did in his day.

Rose does that in spurts with Jordan it was just like an everyday thing. Like he was in training camp and everyone else was trying to just belong. Jordan was a moutain of an athlete. Favorite move though was Marv Albert. Oh a spectacular move. Fav game from him was when he was playing the trail blazers dude just couldn't miss he was raining threes all game. Flu game is a close second.

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Trust me I'm not in no way saying Rose is like Jordan there is only one MJ just saying late in games atleast recently Rose is doing stuff that Jordan did in his day.

Rose does that in spurts with Jordan it was just like an everyday thing. Like he was in training camp and everyone else was trying to just belong. Jordan was a moutain of an athlete. Favorite move though was Marv Albert. Oh a spectacular move. Fav game from him was when he was playing the trail blazers dude just couldn't miss he was raining threes all game. Flu game is a close second.

Lebron will go down as the best rose is well on his way to being better, kobes better

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Ray Allen cannot be stopped

Go Celtics

Broncoyearound
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow...I will always say it Carmello Anthony is overrated. You heave a shot from that far off with defenders in your face. Dude had 11 seconds to go and that's the best you can come up with? Sit down that is why the knicks won't make it past the first round.

I'm sure my knicks fan in here will agree that that was terrible execution. Oh well atleast the nuggets fans in here don't have to endure that anymore. Good luck guys against the Thunder.

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Lebron will go down as the best rose is well on his way to being better, kobes better

Is this a joke?

I cant tell

Spice 1
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Carmelo Anthony gives Paul Pierce a piggy back ride, and they call a foul on Anthony. Knicks got Jobbed on that one. You don't call an offensive foul like that with 20 seconds left in the game. Great shot by Allen though. No one pulls a play out of his a$$ like Rivers. That alley oop to Garnett was beautiful. Last possession by NY was interesting, and not in a good way.

ERoyal248
04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Good first game...

I don't think they should of called the foul, but it was a foul.

Ray Allen is just clutch, great shot, Doc is great at drawing up plays.

I don't get why NY didn't call up a play instead of just inbound and take a tough 3 contested...

This is a tough loss to overcome for NY.

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 07:43 PM
In NY's defense they had no timeouts on the last possesion.

And yes the oop to KG from Rondo was siiiick

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Melo cost us the game(the turnover, the foul,the IGNORANT shot when he had time to go to the cup) ray ray is my favorite player but that shot hurt

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Melo cost us the game(the turnover, the foul,the IGNORANT shot when he had time to go to the cup) ray ray is my favorite player but that shot hurt

Yeah. Melo might win ya a few, but he'll lose you a lot more.

Melo sucks.

So glad he's your guys headache now and not ours.

Go Celtics in the east!!

Amari24
04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I laugh everytime Melo takes a three. He's garbage. :laugh:

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
He's shooting 43 percent as a knick from 3 and shooting a ton of them, I wouldn't laugh at 43 percent

Amari24
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
He's shooting 43 percent as a knick from 3 and shooting a ton of them, I wouldn't laugh at 43 percent

Yeah that 43 percent helped you guys tonight :laugh:

sbxxxiichamps
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Celtics with a big win to open up the series :rockon:

But the one thing that bothered me the most as a Celtic's fan was Big Baby Glen Davis...HE'S PATHETIC! Id trade him for a high-five and a pat on the back. I feel that our team would be better with 4 four players on the court instead 5 with him...He is just awful.

But anyways Lets go Celtics!!

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Big Baby has been huge for the Celtics in the last few years?

Hes not amazing and i didnt like when they pulled the redhot Jermaine but he is serviceable at the least.

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah big baby is nice. I still say if billups is ok we(knicks) win in 7

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry madfanatic this is as close as its gonna get...

Plus Shaq will eventually return

Celtics in 4 maybe 5

sbxxxiichamps
04-17-2011, 09:14 PM
^^I disagree...I feel that Big Baby had a few really good games in big situations and thats what hes remembered for. Overall I hate when hes on the court...of course its not as bad as when we had Scalabrine :eek:

Bernie24
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
..Big Baby is a decent player and every now and then has a clutch nice game.

He isnt bad. He's just not.

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Celtics in 4 maybe 5

Shaqs not playin this series. And we outplayed them all game in their house. It took billups going down, a turnover, a stupid foul, a cluth ray allen 3 and a terrible shot by melo for them to win by 2 on a night melo went 5/18 with only 15pts and billups only had TEN!! We definately got this in 7

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm actually watching the game again

ERoyal248
04-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Celtics in 4 maybe 5

Shaq will return, but probably against Miami.

They can get by with JO, KG, Krstic, Baby, and Green as the bigs this series.

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I meant this series and no they won't get by. We MIGHT win in 6

Amari24
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Shaqs not playin this series. And we outplayed them all game in their house. It took billups going down, a turnover, a stupid foul, a cluth ray allen 3 and a terrible shot by melo for them to win by 2 on a night melo went 5/18 with only 15pts and billups only had TEN!! We definately got this in 7

Bet on that? NY won't come anywhere close to gazing the hairs of the 2nd round. As long as Melo is on your team, you can bet the Knicks won't be going anywhere.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Bet on that? NY won't come anywhere close to gazing the hairs of the 2nd round. As long as Melo is on your team, you can bet the Knicks won't be going anywhere.

They'll make it to the playoffs every year.

Then lose in the first round.

themadfanatic
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh I forgot to mention amares offensive foul that negated an open 3 from douglas with 2 minutes left that woulda put us up 7 and a no call on billups on the play he got hurt. We WILL win this series cuz our D is amazing. Don't forget even with all that we were up 3 with 37 seconds and were up 1 until 11 seconds

12and4
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh I forgot to mention amares offensive foul that negated an open 3 from douglas with 2 minutes left that woulda put us up 7 and a no call on billups on the play he got hurt. We WILL win this series cuz our D is amazing. Don't forget even with all that we were up 3 with 37 seconds and were up 1 until 11 seconds

Don't matter. Good luck to billups.

Southstander
04-18-2011, 04:03 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/10/celtics-ring-top-425-102608cn.jpg

Bernie24
04-18-2011, 05:34 AM
I forgot to mention you caught the Celtics on an off night and still lost.

Listening to you talk about winning in 6 is funny though keep it coming lol

themadfanatic
04-18-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm pickin them to win in 7 I said we MIGHT win in 6 and we didn't CATCH them in an off night we played great D

Spice 1
04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure that Shaq's return will help the Celtics overall. He can't do anything away from the hoop defensively. His pick and roll defense is atrocious. He doesn't move his feet either. I think the best way to utilize Shaq is to play a 2-3, and anchor him in the paint. Even then though, he's going to have to be able to rotate from one side of the paint to the other. Shaq hurt the Cavs last year. He can body up on bigs, but a smart big man can draw an easy foul on him. He's guaranteed to foul a guard driving into the paint. Offensively, he doesn't get away with any of his old moves anymore. He picks up offensive fouls with regularity. Don't forget that he's been out for a while. He may come back and have one good game, but it'll be erratic. The Cavs found a rhythm last year going into the playoffs, and Shaq killed it.

DevilSpawn
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I rather we lost by 77. It's going to be bananas at the Garden and I expect the Knicks to win Game 3. It won't shock me if they go to Game 5 tied at 2 and then lost the next two.

ERoyal248
04-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Melo on fire, 42 points, up 3, about 2:21 left..

Broncoholic3233
04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Melo on fire, 42 points, up 3, about 2:21 left..

He's not even shooting 50%. He is just taking advantage at the line.

Wish he actually tried like that in Denver....tool.

ERoyal248
04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
He's not even shooting 50%. He is just taking advantage at the line.

Wish he actually tried like that in Denver....tool.

LOL, gotta hate on Melo somehow.

He did try, he was a beast in the playoffs.

Broncoholic3233
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM

He actually tried in Denver?

LOL. You prove once again, you know nothing about Denver sports, besides the Broncos.

LOL. Melo trying? Like 5 games in 7 years. Typically against Kobe.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Great game by Melo and Rondo

KG and Doc clutch again.

Broncoholic3233
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Veteran Celtics team toughs it out once again.

KG makes a great defensive play to seal the game.

Melo went crazy....think if he actually shot 50% or more. Wish he would've tried like this in Denver. Don't think he ever came near 17 rebounds with us.

Celtics 2-0. Celtics in 5.

Spyder
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Nah man, Carmelo was average to below average mostly every single season in the playoffs. His lone solid year was 2009, outside of that he was awful. I don't know what his shooting percentage was, but I know defensively he was about as bad as it came and his selfishness with the ball ruined the Nuggets more than it ever helped them.

ERoyal248
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Great win for the C's, it's all about W's in the playoffs, they're 2-0.

Amari24
04-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Melo might of shot well today, but he's an idiot, he blew any chance his team had of winning by not fouling West. That moron was probably thinking about how good his stats looked :coffee:

Spyder
04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Melo might of shot well today, but he's an idiot, he blew any chance his team had of winning by not fouling West. That moron was probably thinking about how good his stats looked :coffee:

This pretty much.

Knicks still had 4-something seconds and you let West get as wide open as could be. Even if he woulda sank both FTs, they still had enough time for one decent shot, certainly better than the end result.

Carmelo again, good athlete but a horrible basketball IQ.

themadfanatic
04-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I still got the knicks in 7 we will win the next 2 at the REAL garden. They can barely win at home with no billups or amare

DevilSpawn
04-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Starks in Game 6 back in '94 was as emotional as I ever got for a basketball game. These last two games are tied for second. :sad:

RunYouOver
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Another devastating loss for the Knicks :ugh:

Hard to be too scared of Boston right now though...the ONLY thing they have going for them is being up 2-0. Granted, that's big to have on your side, but the Knicks lost by one possession both games, on the road, without their PG in the most pivotal stretch in game 1, and then without Chauncy or Amare for the majority of game 2...

Knicks could easily take both games at the Garden, and if they can get everyone healthy, they could take the series. Boston just doesn't look like a great team right now.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I still got the knicks in 7 we will win the next 2 at the REAL garden. They can barely win at home with no billups or amare

Dont stop

Beliiievinggg

Hold onto that feeelinn

Lolololol

ERoyal248
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM

LOL, C's split at NY, wrap it up in 5, you know it, i know it, both teams know it.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 07:31 PM

Hard to be too scared of Boston right now though...the ONLY thing they have going for them is being up 2-0. Granted, that's big to have on your side, but the Knicks lost by one possession both games, on the road, without their PG in the most pivotal stretch in game 1, and then without Chauncy or Amare for the majority of game 2...

Knicks could easily take both games at the Garden, and if they can get everyone healthy, they could take the series. Boston just doesn't look like a great team right now.

Melo has the game of the year more than makes up for missig Chauncey and Amare

Plus their backups played very well

And we all know Melo only plays this good when he doesnt have to share like tonight...you will never see him perform like that in rhythm along with Amare this year.

Somebody get Glen Davis out of there and this series is all but over.

DevilSpawn
04-19-2011, 07:32 PM

I would say that, but we've lost 4 close games to Boston this year, these two and two at the Garden. We can't close them out even with one of the better playoff games in franchise history.

I say we take game 3 but after that I don't know.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 07:34 PM
And lol at "the only thin they have going for them"

How about the deeper bench
How about the playoff experience
How about the flat out better team
How about some of the most clutch players and coaches in the league

New York has no chance. Period.

Spyder
04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Melo has the game of the year more than makes up for missig Chauncey and Amare

Plus their backups played very well

And we all know Melo only plays this good when he doesnt have to share like tonight...you will never see him perform like that in rhythm along with Amare this year.

Somebody get Glen Davis out of there and this series is all but over.

I agree with the statement that Carmelo will not have another game like this for the remainder of the series. He played out of his mind tonight, mainly because his teammates gave him the ball and let him do whatever he wanted with it. He hussled defensively and I give him credit for that, but his basketball IQ once again proved to be way below average. Again, how do you not stay with West? 5 seconds can be an eternity in the NBA and Melo had the hot hand. Atleast give you and your team a chance.

People can say all they want about Boston not looking great or whatever, but if you actually know anything about this team, this is how they win. Boston was never a pretty team save for maybe the first year they formed the Big 3, since then, most of their wins have came from being nitty and gritty.

This is exactly how Boston wins games. Nothing shocking to me.

Boston takes this in 5.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Im gonna say 4

I think Melo is gonna quit

Broncoholic3233
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Im gonna say 4

I think Melo is gonna quit

LOL

Oh man, that was funny. I'd love to see him just pout out the rest of the series, especially in front of the Knicks crowd.

Bernie24
04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
LOL

Oh man, that was funny. I'd love to see him just pout out the rest of the series, especially in front of the Knicks crowd.

Could you imagine the papers? Hahahahahaha

Broncoholic3233
04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh, and whoever said the Knicks benefited from Amare getting hurt was absolutely right. Amare was 2/9, and it wasn't like he was going to stop shooting. Thus Melo wouldn't have been able to take over like he did, thus, it would've resulted it a worse loss.

Feel bad for Billups that he had to miss the game though. Hope the Knicks let him go, so he can actually play basketball without Melo, I'm sure he wants to be done with the Melo 'me me me' kinda basketball.

Southstander
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Go Celtics!!!!!!!

Spice 1
04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I agree with the statement that Carmelo will not have another game like this for the remainder of the series. He played out of his mind tonight, mainly because his teammates gave him the ball and let him do whatever he wanted with it. He hussled defensively and I give him credit for that, but his basketball IQ once again proved to be way below average. Again, how do you not stay with West? 5 seconds can be an eternity in the NBA and Melo had the hot hand. Atleast give you and your team a chance.

Shoulda took the last shot too. Salad Bar Davis running full speed at you, and you pass it? He could have dribbled right around Davis and used him to set a pick at the same time. Then it's just Melo and Garnett at the rack. Yeah, idk how he/they let West dribble around back there for three seconds. I wonder if D'antoni reminded them that they needed to foul right there? NY must be shooting craps during time outs.

milehighireland
04-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Vintage Melo right there folks: 40+ points and a defeat. Would be surprised if Boston don't take this now, split at NY and a wrap in 5, 6 tops id say. Boston will likely run into more trouble later on in the playoffs though.

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Allen's on fire tonight

Celtics are gonna sweep

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 05:41 PM
God I hope not we NEED this 1

Spyder
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Knicks looking like a typical Carmelo team. Quit and never look back. ;)

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry dude, like everyone's been saying, this series is over in 4 or 5 games. There's no chance the Knicks make it to 7 games, it's just ludicrous to believe they will.

Melo doesn't even care in game 3. Bad shot selections, bad turnovers, poor defense, no dedication, no teamwork, no fundamentals, no nothing.

Melo will never win a championship with that attitude, and this series and past, has been evidence of that. The future for the Knicks looks very bleak at this point. Also, say bye bye to D'Antoni after this season.

Spyder
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
This is nothing surprising to me. Again, Carmelo is the single most overrated player in the game. He's made a career out of having one good game per playoff series and then totally shutting it down. After he gives up the rest of the team usually falls in line, it's like a chain and the top piece is always Carmelo.

People can continue to label him a Superstar all they want but he's nothing close in my books. Superstars are guys who are leaders, have fundamentals, high basketball IQs, make good decisions with and without the basketball in their hands and the list goes on.

The Knicks will likely continue to make the playoffs for as long as Carmelo and Amare are there but it'll be the typical one series and done Carmelo has grown accustomed to his entire career.

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised to see Amare demand out in a year or two, it's pretty obvious these guys will never click on the level they need to if they ever hope to win a Championship.

Sorry Knicks.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I started the thread saying I was scared to play them. The sad part is we had the 1st 2 games and blew it

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:13 PM
The knicks need to get a passing PG who's cheap and get dwight and we will win championship after championship. PS amare doesn't wanna go anywhere what do u think he expects when he missed a half is playing at 50 percent and billups has BEEN out?? Next year well get a d coordinator and hopefully dwight and WATCH OUT

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I started the thread saying I was scared to play them. The sad part is we had the 1st 2 games and blew it

Had what? You guys had nothing. The Knicks didn't have the second game at all, Melo had that game, and that's why the Knicks lost. These fans will begin to learn that whenever the Knicks look to Melo to take control of a game, they will lose. It's the norm.

ERoyal248
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Knicks just gave up, well 16 point game, not quite over..

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
The knicks need to get a passing PG who's cheap and get dwight and we will win championship after championship. PS amare doesn't wanna go anywhere what do u think he expects when he missed a half is playing at 50 percent and billups has BEEN out?? Next year well get a d coordinator and hopefully dwight and WATCH OUT

That's losers mentality. You honestly can't think plugging superstars at every position will make you a championship team. Dwight isn't going to the Knicks, you guys are as good as you're going to get, at least until you fire D'Antoni, and get a defensive minded coach running things.

ERoyal248
04-22-2011, 06:17 PM
That does it, Pierce is on fire..

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Knicks just gave up, well 16 point game, not quite over..

Lol.. look at their body language and lack of defense. It's as good as over.

Spyder
04-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Now you need Dwight? I thought Carmelo was the answer to all your problems? You may aswell just say you guys need to build another super hero team because you'll never compete with what you have right now.

Carmelo is a selfish player who will never win anything in this league. My statement about Amare was based on the fact that after a while, people get tired of playing with #7 because all he does is worry about himself.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Had what? You guys had nothing. The Knicks didn't have the second game at all, Melo had that game, and that's why the Knicks lost. These fans will begin to learn that whenever the Knicks look to Melo to take control of a game, they will lose. It's the norm.

U sound crazy if jerrfies goes up and doesn't blow melos assist we won what game were u watching?? And we were up with 20 seconds left in game one after a bs call on melo and woulda been up 7 with under 2 minutes had amare not charged when douglas hit the 3! Every anaylist in the WORLD says they stole those 2 and the knicks SHOULD have won ur hate for melo is clearly blinding u from reality

ERoyal248
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Nice to dream, i doubt he goes to NY, Knicks need to learn how to play DEFENSE.

Celtics getting everything they want on offense, easy looks.

Spyder
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
That's losers mentality. You honestly can't think plugging superstars at every position will make you a championship team. Dwight isn't going to the Knicks, you guys are as good as you're going to get, at least until you fire D'Antoni, and get a defensive minded coach running things.

This.

Carmelo will never make a long term commitment to defense regardless of who the coach is. He's been in this league far too long to change now.

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 06:23 PM

sorry bro

Dwight isn't going to NY

He's actually more likely to sign with Orlando, or Boston.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
No one EVER said melo was the answer he's a piece. They've been talking about getting a big THREE with cp3 or dwill u have no idea what's goin on on the east coast. Every anaylist every person period has been saying knicks won't do anything this year NEXT year they'd get another piece and be a contender turn on a tv or something u r not in the know.

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 06:26 PM

No you didnt

this is why the Celtics are so much better

their veteran. their clutch. New York never had a chance. Sorry.

ERoyal248
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
LOL, Pierce and Ray puttting on a clinic.

Ray with 32, Pierce with 35.

Knicks need to learn how to play DEFENSE, and quick, they won't be going anywhere until they do that.

Spyder
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
No one EVER said melo was the answer he's a piece. They've been talking about getting a big THREE with cp3 or dwill u have no idea what's goin on on the east coast. Every anaylist every person period has been saying knicks won't do anything this year NEXT year they'd get another piece and be a contender turn on a tv or something u r not in the know.

Carmelo will never work within a group of other Superstars. Stop kidding yourself. He's too selfish. There will be tons of inhouse friction before long.

Sorry, Carmelo is overrated. Deal with it.

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
U sound crazy if jerrfies goes up and doesn't blow melos assist we won what game were u watching?? And we were up with 20 seconds left in game one after a bs call on melo and woulda been up 7 with under 2 minutes had amare not charged when douglas hit the 3! Every anaylist in the WORLD says they stole those 2 and the knicks SHOULD have won ur hate for melo is clearly blinding u from reality

Keep crying dude. I have no reason to hate on Melo, I'm not a Denver fan at all, so why would I hate on him? The reality is the Knicks lost, it doesn't matter what should've or could've happened, they lost, period.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
U nugget lovers can hate melo all u want doesn't change the FACT that no one in the knicks organization felt they were done with roster moves they been saying they will add a 3rd superstar to rival miamis big 3. Its happening face it. And if I were u I'd be more concerned about okc and how ur team has no player that averages 15 a game. Knicks will be fine any FA would want to come to manhatten including dwight

Spyder
04-22-2011, 06:33 PM
U nugget lovers can hate melo all u want doesn't change the FACT that no one in the knicks organization felt they were done with roster moves they been saying they will add a 3rd superstar to rival miamis big 3. Its happening face it. And if I were u I'd be more concerned about okc and how ur team has no player that averages 15 a game. Knicks will be fine any FA would want to come to manhatten including dwight

Actually, I'm a Lakers fan and my attitude towards the overratedness of Carmelo stems back all the way to 2006 or so. Go read archives in the Nuggets thread or ask any Nuggets fan on this board. I got into heated debates with people here before about how much of an overrated bum he is.

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Amare/Melo/Dwill or CP3

has nothing on Dwade/Lebron/Bosh

especially since Melo is a quitter. And I'm not a nuggets fan, but Melo is just not a good competitor. He's kinda lazy.

and Dwight is going to demand more than NY can dish out.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Keep crying dude. I have no reason to hate on Melo, I'm not a Denver fan at all, so why would I hate on him? The reality is the Knicks lost, it doesn't matter what should've or could've happened, they lost, period.

If u read the begining of the thread you'd see I was scared of boston from the begining and if I knew billups would get hurt in game 1 and amare would miss the 2nd half of game 2 and be at 50 percent in game 3 I wouldve predicted a SWEEP they play with 3 hall of famers including my favorite player who chris mullen calls the best shooter of all time

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Amare/Melo/Dwill or CP3

has nothing on Dwade/Lebron/Bosh

especially since Melo is a quitter. And I'm not a nuggets fan, but Melo is just not a good competitor. He's kinda lazy.

and Dwight is going to demand more than NY can dish out.

WHat r u talking about were gettin rid of billups and we can afford to give him a max contract

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
If each team had a completely healthy team it still would have been a sweep or over in 5.

The Knicks just aren't there yet. Excuses are void the Celtics just have a flat out more talented, better gelled, more experienced, and more clutch team.

It's really that simple.

DevilSpawn
04-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Before any offseason moves, D'antoni has to go. I didn't like the hire from day 1. He probably won't go since he waxes James Dolan's nuts every other weekend. I'd take Mark Jackson over him now.

Amari24

First off I'm a Rockets fan, I'm not a Nuggets fan. Secondly, we have no star players on our team, and Houston fans or Denver fans don't need a star player to justify them. Melo isn't a star player anyways, he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA right now.
'
New York isn't getting Dwight, or CP3. Stop deluding yourself. No one is going to a miserable basketball program like New York.

Any FA would want to come to New York? Yeah that explains why Lebron and Wade are in Knicks uniforms right now. Oh... wait a second.

Bernie24
WHat r u talking about were gettin rid of billups and we can afford to give him a max contract

Dwight is the best big man in the league

He's gonna demand more than a team with already 2 SuperStars can afford.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
If u say so. No one including knicks fans thought we had a chance at a ring THIS year but NEXT year when were done adding to our roster were gonna be the biggest threat 2 miami in the east period

Southstander
04-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Celtics win! Its good to be 3 - 0.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Dwight is the best big man in the league

He's gonna demand more than a team with already 2 SuperStars can afford.

Maybe ur not aware they have MAX CONTRACTS in the nba which we CAN AFFORD TO PAY HIM.

Bernie24
04-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I also think Dwight would want to play with an elite/verge of elite point guard...a Rondo/CP3/Dwill/Rose

Rose is out of the question he's already got Boozer and Noah

I'd say Boston could land him, or NJ, or he could just stay in Orlando and hope they surround him with quality players.

But I highly doubt he goes to NY.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 06:49 PM
First off I'm a Rockets fan, I'm not a Nuggets fan. Secondly, we have no star players on our team, and Houston fans or Denver fans don't need a star player to justify them. Melo isn't a star player anyways, he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA right now.
'
New York isn't getting Dwight, or CP3. Stop deluding yourself. No one is going to a miserable basketball program like New York.

Any FA would want to come to New York? Yeah that explains why Lebron and Wade are in Knicks uniforms right now. Oh... wait a second.

Lebron wanted to go with 2 stars not 1 NY was definately high on his list and ur delusional thinking we won't get cp3, dwight, or dwill its common knowledge were getting one of them its all we hear in our "new york" media via CT

Amari24
04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Lebron wanted to go with 2 stars not 1 NY was definately high on his list and ur delusional thinking we won't get cp3, dwight, or dwill its common knowledge were getting one of them its all we hear in our "new york" media via CT

The same New York media that hyped up the idea of the knicks getting Lebron? Please. Even if you guys do get one of those players, you're even more delusional than me, thinking that just because you get 3 superstars on your team, automatically makes you a championship contender.

themadfanatic
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM
If we get dwight I believe we are but I'm a KNICK FAN y wouldn't I think that

Broncoholic3233
04-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Lol Melo quit

milehighireland
04-23-2011, 02:37 AM
If we get dwight I believe we are but I'm a KNICK FAN y wouldn't I think that

Look, Dwight's going to one of the teams in the series, and it's the Celtics. They want to get younger and freed up cap room by shipping Perkins(kristic and green are on expiring contracts too) so it would take far less manoeuvring regarding the cap and they can make a good push for him in the offseason. It makes sense to him, they'll pay well and he'd have a great team around him with a very good chance of picking up silverware. Celts with Howard = a frightening prospect

As for Dwill or CP3, i could see CP3 maybe but i think dwill stays put. Even then, get the three and i'd still think you'd struggle to make any considerable impact past the 1st round, it'd be miami heat syndrome except with inferior superstars.

I for one would love to see you drop Billups, we'd love to have him back (again)

johnlimburg
04-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Lol Melo quit

Of course the bum did. He put all his effort into game 2.

sbxxxiichamps
04-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Celtics win! Its good to be 3 - 0.

Oh but the Celtics didn't just win...They Destroyed the Knicks!! :D

Ray Allen And Paul Pierce were raining down shots and Rondo with the triple-double.

So awesome :D And now I'm looking forward to Beating the Heat cuz this series is over!!!

sbxxxiichamps
04-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Get your brooms ready cuz the Celtics are about to sweep the knicks :D

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0906-2523-5409_Push_Broom_Sweeping_Dirt_Into_a_Dustpan_clipa rt_image.jpg

http://www.wreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Celtics-beat-Knicks.jpg

Bernie24
04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Swept like i thought...anybody see Dantoni crying to the press trying to talk crap bout Rondo? LOL

http://rlv.zcache.com/you_mad_cuz_im_stylin_on_you_tshirt-p235503600477928810qm73_400.jpg

RunYouOver
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Tough series...sucks that the first game came down to such a crappy call, could've changed the whole series.

Second game we should've won too, but blew that on our own. The two games at MSG we never really had a shot in...

Boston definitely won't be winning the East though, so I'm happy with that.

Knicks will be a threat next year.

DevilSpawn
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Tough series...sucks that the first game came down to such a crappy call, could've changed the whole series.

Second game we should've won too, but blew that on our own. The two games at MSG we never really had a shot in...

D'Antoni's gotta go first. I thought we would win at least 1 game, but not surprised they were swept.

Bernie24
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah they cant wint because the Bulls have just totally showed oh wait i mean uh, the Heat have, oh crap no ughh the Magic have been domina- oh wait errr

The knicks? Oh wait they got swept hahaha

Keep dreamin bout next year though have a nice offseason!!

Amari24
04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, once the Knicks add a few more scrub players, they'll definitely be contenders :laugh:

Say goodbye to D'Antoni. :D

themadfanatic
04-24-2011, 04:21 PM
That was sad but were not adding a scrub were adding a superstar(cp3,dwill,or dwight)

Amari24
04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Keep telling yourself that. The only thing Knick fans can hope for is to get another superstar. It's funny how the only thing surrounding the Knicks is who they might get in the offseason. :laugh: Another superstar won't fix anything, you guys have a series of issues you need to address. Have fun with yet another miserable offseason. :wave:

themadfanatic
04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Keep telling yourself that. The only thing Knick fans can hope for is to get another superstar. It's funny how the only thing surrounding the Knicks is who they might get in the offseason. :laugh: Another superstar won't fix anything, you guys have a series of issues you need to address. Have fun with yet another miserable offseason. :wave:

Who's your team?

milehighireland
04-24-2011, 06:32 PM
That was sad but were not adding a scrub were adding a superstar(cp3,dwill,or dwight)

End of the day, a subpar Celts team swept, confirming that the knicks just aren't that good.

Throwing money at a superstar wont fix what ails that team. A new coach and an attitude change are the minimum needed if the knicks want to get past the 1st round.

Southstander
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Mello is elimanted once again in the first round.

ERoyal248
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM

Who will.

The Bulls have struggled all series with the Pacers and could easily be 2-2 or 3-1 Pacers.

Heat are good, but Boston will take out one of Bosh, Wade, or LeBron, and someone off the bench will have to step up.

Boston looked really, really good the last 2 games. And Jermaine O'Neal has surprisingly looked good.

Spyder
04-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Another year, another 'Melo first round exit. His standards seemed to have lowered though... 4-1 to a complete sweep?

Knicks fans better get used to it, it's going to happen plenty more as the years go by.

The Experience
04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Knicks won't win a title until D'Antoni is gone.....

Spyder
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM

What kind of mentality is that? Do you not understand the game is far and beyond building a Superstar cast? Miami's little super friends group must be blinding you, that's not what wins Championships. You either became a fan in the last year or have a low IQ for this game on par with Carmelo.

Team ball, fundamentals, high Basketballs IQs, DEFENSE. Those are just a few things that win rings in this league. None of which Carmelo does well.

Amari24
04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Who's your team?

Rockets. A far better team than the Knicks. They managed a winning season in a TOUGH division, with not even one superstar. Sure, they didn't make the playoffs, but they're in the Western conference, the conference you'll never see sub .500 teams like the Knicks in the playoffs.

Broncoholic3233
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Knicks won't win a title until D'Antoni is gone along with Melo.....

Fixed it for ya!! :D

The Experience
04-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Rockets. A far better team than the Knicks. They managed a winning season in a TOUGH division, with not even one superstar. Sure, they didn't make the playoffs, but they're in the Western conference, the conference you'll never see sub .500 teams like the Knicks in the playoffs.

Kinda OT but who would you like to see come in as coach of the Rockets? Looks like Dwayne Casey is the guy.....

The Experience
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Fixed it for ya!! :D

How could I have missed that? :doh::brick:

What would I do without ya BH?

Amari24
04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Kinda OT but who would you like to see come in as coach of the Rockets? Looks like Dwayne Casey is the guy.....

I probably wouldn't mind bringing back Jeff Van Gundy. He was a great defensive coach, but our offense was pretty bad under him. As long as it's not Mike Brown, I think I'm fine with whoever.

The Experience
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I probably wouldn't mind bringing back Jeff Van Gundy. He was a great defensive coach, but our offense was pretty bad under him. As long as it's not Mike Brown, I think I'm fine with whoever.

Mike Brown is a very good coach IMO.

jcdavey
04-24-2011, 08:31 PM
knicks fans are hilarious, they spent alot of time whining about refs after game 1 and 2, then they get to ny, get more FTs than boston in game 3 and 4 and still lose by WORSE than they did in boston LOL

DevilSpawn
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
The Knicks were above .500 this season.

jcdavey
04-24-2011, 08:35 PM
The Knicks were above .500 this season.

yeah the east was better this year in that regard, cause usually it's a cesspool

DevilSpawn
04-24-2011, 08:43 PM
yeah the east was better this year in that regard, cause usually it's a cesspool
You usually see at least one sub .500 team make the playoffs in the yeast. The .451 Pacers repped this year. Knicks would've been 10th in the West.

Spice 1
04-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Mike Brown is a very good coach IMO.

Defensively...

The Experience
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Defensively...

Yeah he has work to do offensively, but his recipe can win games. He is still a young coach and has one of the highest winning percentages in history.

LeBron got all the credit when they won, Mike Brown took the heat when they lost. BUt the fact of the matter is without the great team defense they played they would have never gotten as far as they did all those years. And Mike Brown deserves most of the credit.

Amari24
04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah he has work to do offensively, but his recipe can win games. He is still a young coach and has one of the highest winning percentages in history.

LeBron got all the credit when they won, Mike Brown took the heat when they lost. BUt the fact of the matter is without the great team defense they played they would have never gotten as far as they did all those years. And Mike Brown deserves most of the credit.

Mike Brown never coached the Cavs. Everyone in Cleveland knows it, and everyone here knows it. Actually most people didn't like Mike Brown as coach that much. Lebron was coach all those years. He decided who he wanted, and Mike Brown and Ferry tried their best to make it happen.

I feel bad for Byron Scott though, he's a good coach, but he sent himself in a huge mess, but that just shows his commitment as an NBA coach. The Cavs need a good FA and a draft, if they want to be a playoff team again.

CoryWinget81
04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I'd just like to take the opportunity to say:

I called it.

The Experience
04-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Mike Brown never coached the Cavs. Everyone in Cleveland knows it, and everyone here knows it. Actually most people didn't like Mike Brown as coach that much. Lebron was coach all those years. He decided who he wanted, and Mike Brown and Ferry tried their best to make it happen.

I feel bad for Byron Scott though, he's a good coach, but he sent himself in a huge mess, but that just shows his commitment as an NBA coach. The Cavs need a good FA and a draft, if they want to be a playoff team again.

So LeBron got Cleveland to play team D??? Ok....... ALmost any other player, I may buy it.

I do agree that LeBron owned that team, That is all Gilbert's fault. But he did not coach the team......

BluenOrnge4Life
04-25-2011, 07:34 PM
A melo led team doesn't get out of the first round of the playoffs now 7 out of 8 years.

Why? Because he's not a superstar.

Nuff said.

themadfanatic
04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
A melo led team doesn't get out of the first round of the playoffs now 7 out of 8 years.

Why? Because he's not a superstar.

Nuff said.

Yeah it had nothing to do with playing a superior boston team with 3 HEALTHY hall of famers and a top 5 pg in the nba or billups being hurt with 2 minutes left in game 1(had the lead) or amare missin MOST of game 2 and being at 50 percent health game 3 and 4.

themadfanatic
04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
No billups for 3+ games

BluenOrnge4Life
04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah it had nothing to do with playing a superior boston team with 3 HEALTHY hall of famers and a top 5 pg in the nba or billups being hurt with 2 minutes left in game 1(had the lead) or amare missin MOST of game 2 and being at 50 percent health game 3 and 4.

There are no excuses for getting swept. There are also no excuses for being a 'Superstar' and not getting out of the first round 7 out of 8 years in the playoffs.

Melo IS NOT a Superstar. He is great scorer, and that's all he does. He's not a complete player.

themadfanatic
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
He had 10 rebounds at the half game 3 he plays great D at times and he's not a bad passer either

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Dude, keep making excuses for him like people did in Denver for years.

I've never been a Melo fan. He was a POS person for first 4 years or so. Then he finally cut the badass act off and started becoming respectable.

His game however is straight scoring. Nothing else. This is the FIRST year out of his career he started getting rebounds.

He is NOT a superstar. He is an allstar/star.

themadfanatic
04-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Not having out PG and having someone who was talked about as mvp being out for a half and at 50 percent health for 2 games against 3 all time greats and a top 5 pg isn't a good reason? Be real stop being unreasonable haters every anaylist said if we were healthy it woulda went 7

Broncoholic3233
04-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Lol

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

PP7FTW
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Knicks need to can D'Antoni and bring in a coach who stresses good defense and efficient half-court offense. His style of basketball won't bring any championships.

BluenOrnge4Life
04-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Knicks need to can D'Antoni and bring in a coach who stresses good defense and efficient half-court offense. His style of basketball won't bring any championships.

Then they also better get a ton of Defensive players around melo to make up for his lack thereof.

No Melo led team will every win a title. The only way Melo gets a title is if he's a piece on that team, and not the leader.

johnlimburg
04-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Madfanatic. You owe some CP for the Knicks in the east finals bet. :thumb: