PDA

View Full Version : bonds guilty!

themadfanatic
04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm disappointed. I was hoping he was innocent, guess I didn't want to see the truth

CoryWinget81
04-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Hoping he was innocent?

Are you the most naive person on the planet?

JakeNbake
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Guilty of stupidity. He just should have admitted it and went on with his life.

themadfanatic
04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Hoping he was innocent?

Are you the most naive person on the planet?

Yeah seriously

garzjoe
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah the whole thing is stupid...everyone knows he used Steriods. He should have admitted and carried on.

Thx,
Joe

CinnaMunMun
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Now he needs to admit it and try to move on. It is a little late obviously, but it will be the only way for him to keep his dignity, or whatever he has left.

JakeNbake
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/header/header11.jpg

SoundsOfSuccess
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Only confirming what we already know....

If only he'd handled it better...

The Experience
04-13-2011, 05:13 PM
If he had just came out and admitted it like Giambi and Pettite and countless others I would have some respect for him.

beastlyskronk
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
I still don't understand why it is so important for the Supreme Court to take care of who did and didn't do steroids in baseball. Shouldn't they have better things to do?

Broncoholic3233
04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
I still don't understand why it is so important for the Supreme Court to take care of who did and didn't do steroids in baseball. Shouldn't they have better things to do?

It's about if he lied or not.

johnlimburg
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM

Exactly. Cp when on a computer

beastlyskronk
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
It's about if he lied or not.

Yes I know, but it's about whether he lied about taking steroids or not in the original grand jury court case. Baseball should have handled this by themselves

Broncoholic3233
04-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes I know, but it's about whether he lied about taking steroids or not in the original supreme court case. Baseball should have handled this by themselves

Agreed. Just saying that it's about the lying, not the steroids themselves.

But way to big a case, for really nothing...

CinnaMunMun
04-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes I know, but it's about whether he lied about taking steroids or not in the original supreme court case. Baseball should have handled this by themselves

Perjury is a felony. MLB doesn't handle that. But yea, they probably wanted to make an example of him.

beastlyskronk
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Perjury is a felony. MLB doesn't handle that. But yea, they probably wanted to make an example of him.

No I'm saying baseball should have handled before it even got to the point where someone had the chance to lie about it in court. And I just don't get why they brought them in to begin with.

CinnaMunMun
04-13-2011, 05:35 PM
No I'm saying baseball should have handled before it even got to the point where someone had the chance to lie about it in court. And I just don't get why they brought them in to begin with.

Ah, I agree with you there.

JakeNbake
04-14-2011, 02:28 PM

He actually wasn't found guilty on perjury charges. So technically they never proved he lied........... That whole big trial. Everyone knew he did it but still.... he technically has a clean name.

That's funny. Our government is useless.

Steroid-era king Barry Bonds was found guilty Wednesday, not of the massive use of steroids during his record-breaking home run streak, but of the obstruction of justice he caused when he knowingly told the jury he was not a consumer of steroids.

Bonds was charged with one count of obstruction of justice before a courtroom dumbfounded on what they could charge the home run king. The jury reached a verdict on one of the smallest and least controversial charges.

BALCO founder Victor Conte had few words for the official ruling. “This verdict absolutely makes no sense to me,” he said, minutes after the verdict was announced. “Of all of these counts, the one that makes the least sense to me is the obstruction charge. Tell me how there was obstruction of justice.”

The jury had been deliberating for the last week and spent much of the last three days in the jury room contemplating the three remaining charges. Ultimately, the jury could not reach a verdict on the remaining counts. The judge is considering a mistrial for further deliberation for the three remaining counts.

I also don't understand.... how can they charge you with obstruction of justice and not perjury..... In order to have committed obstruction of justice wouldn't he have had to have lied....

Foez
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Bonds is still facing 3 charges the only thing he was found guilty of was obstruction of justice. He wont get anything for that, it's the same thing Ray Lewis was found guilty on and he just got probation in a double murder case...nothing will happen to Bonds unless he eventually is found guilty of a couple other charges. This isn't close to over yet.