PDA

View Full Version : Washington redskins

Kyousukeneko
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
what i think the redskins can expect, i have been following shannahan for a while

1. Jake Locker
2. Jon Baldwin

doesn't address the D till the fifth good luck.

themadfanatic
04-14-2011, 09:18 PM
That's a great 1st 2 picks imo. Both will help them immensely

-Rod-
04-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I've been reading reports about Washington and Minnesota showing interest in Locker. There might be a race between these two teams. But... I'm starting to think that Tennessee might take Locker at #8. They can't afford to trade down and still be confident about getting him.

QB is the most important position and they will need one if Vince Young is really done there. And while Locker is a raw, athletic QB like Young, Mike Reinfeldt and Mike Munchak might believe that Locker will become a better leader and show more commitment as a pro, without the distractions that hurt Young's career.

SoundsOfSuccess
04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I definitely think Locker will be a 'Skin. He is a Jake Plummer clone, IMO.

Any WR is an improvement at #2 for them, but I don't think Baldwin has anything besides decent hands and height, I just don't see the separation ability and speed. Give me Titus for BSU any day or Cobb for UK.

Frenchy180
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM

Any WR is an improvement at #2 for them, but I don't think Baldwin has anything besides decent hands and height, I just don't see the separation ability and speed. Give me Titus for BSU any day or Cobb for UK.

If by that you mean play wise... I can see it.... if you mean personality as well, no way it happens.

Kyousukeneko
04-15-2011, 01:09 AM
it is a west coast offense, we are thinking more of a marshall or mccaffrey role.

themadfanatic
04-15-2011, 06:54 AM

Baldwin definately has the speed. He has been timed at 4.37. He ran slow at the combine because he had a pulled hamstring and he still ran only .02 slower than green. Not to mention his 42" vert. He's a steal in the 2nd and pettis is way SLOWER so I don't see ur logic?

AC1
04-15-2011, 08:47 AM
They would be two good draft picks. After drafting Cutler, Shanahan seems to have realized the value of a franchise QB. Mcnabb was a disappointment but a completely understandable gamble.

Locker reminds many of Plummer, minus the laziness that ended the latter's career. Pairing him with a guy like Baldwin would be a terrific move.

themadfanatic
04-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I think they'd win 8 or 9 games with those 2 additions

ERoyal248
04-15-2011, 09:11 AM
They are taking a QB early, whether they trade up for Gabbert or take Locker, i have no idea.

If they stay put, probably.........

1- Locker
2- WR or OL

Kyousukeneko
04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Baldwin definately has the speed. He has been timed at 4.37. He ran slow at the combine because he had a pulled hamstring and he still ran only .02 slower than green. Not to mention his 42" vert. He's a steal in the 2nd and pettis is way SLOWER so I don't see ur logic?

baldwin has the size that shanny wants. he can get open by throwing it highon shorter routes for jump balls, plus he can break some tackles.

themadfanatic
04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
baldwin has the size that shanny wants. he can get open by throwing it highon shorter routes ofr jump balls, plus he can break some tackles.

Exactly. And locker is his kinda guy too very mobile, accurate