PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011

LSIGRAD09
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Alright, Colorado may not be in, (Though I do like them, not as much as Pittsburgh), but let's keep track of the Playoffs and the Stanley Cup, I love some good hockey when I want to relax, or get unreasonably worked up!

PIT/TB (Series 1-1)
PIT looked tired yesterday, drummed 5-1 by the Bolts.

CHI/VAN (VAN 2-0)
I really don't want to see Chicago in the Cup again.

PHO/DET (DET 2-0)
Darn, the Red Wings are always good.

BUF/PHI (1-1)
I don't want to see the Flyers near the cup again either.

MON/BOS (MON 2-0)
I hate Boston, so I hope Montreal beats them.

ANA/NAS (NAS 2-1)
Who?

SJ/LA (1-1)
Wouldn't want to see either in the Cup, honestly.

WSH/NY (2-1 WSH)
Will Ovechkin finally get a cup?

So, any predictions for the Cup?
I say it is going to be Detroit and the Caps, with Detroit winning. (Subject to Change)

jetrazor74
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Lets go STARS!!!

Oh wait. :(

Nevermind. :sad:

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't like Hockey.

The Avs aren't playing, so I won't be watching.

But I'll say probably the Wings will win it.

broncsfan21
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Montreal and Vancouver for the cup.

Montreal has played really good defense so far, and Carey Price has been a wall.

If they can get by Boston (i am certain they will), I'll be interested to see how they fare against a team with more offensive firepower.

As for Vancouver, they have a complete team right now and are playing great hockey. I think their main competition for the west is Detroit and San Jose. Detroit is old, so if they start accumulating injuries they will suffer. San Jose has trouble keeping up their own pace past the second round.

Overall, the stanley cup playoffs have not disappointed so far

Atwnbroncfan
04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
NHL is still recovering from the lockout. Lost a lot of fans, including me.

Take notice NFL and NBA.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
NHL is still recovering from the lockout. Lost a lot of fans, including me.

Take notice NFL and NBA.

Yup. But the NBA and NFL won't lose me.

I was on the edge about hockey as it was, so it really lost me.

milehighireland
04-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Caps will win it i think. They've really tightened up defensively since last year and i think that'll carry ovi and co over the line

Thors Hammer
04-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Being a Wings fan, I'd love to see them win the Cup, but they don't have consistent enough goaltending to win IMO.

The Caps are in the same boat as the Wings, goaltending will hurt them in the later rounds.

Boston has probably the most balanced team in the East, but they have a HUGE hole to dig out of.

San Jose and Vancouver are the 2 best teams in the playoffs, so whomever comes out of the West should win the Cup. I'd like to see San Jose win because Joe Pavelski is a local WI guy, but I think Vancouver wins.

I'm going to pick a dark horse out of the East - Tampa Bay, but they lose the Cup to the Canucks. Vancouver in 5.

broooks77
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Go Penguins :D

We pooped the bed in the last game and got a little lucky in game 1 but I'm hoping that if we can squeak out 3 more wins and be able to move on.

But without Sid and Malkin we're not strong enough to win the cup. Oh well. Next season (if both superstars come back strong) we're going to be scary with fluery being a beast in the net.

InsaneBlaze23
04-17-2011, 07:11 PM
You will never hear a Detroit native say anything but THE WINGS!!!

So I will say the Wings will win cup 12 this year, I do agree that the goaltending is inconsistent, but at the same time, Pavel Datsyuk just seems to amaze everyone. Also everybody is starting get get health now, so now there more dangerous.

2 games without there future captain, I can just think of how much better they will be when Hank gets back.

Am I being bias? Nope, I actually do believe Detroit will win it, if not them then Vancouver.

LSIGRAD09
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Looking pretty bad for the Hawks.

Vancouver leads 3-0 in the series.

sbxxxiichamps
04-18-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm predicting the Vancouver Canucks will win it all.

But since my Devils are out I'll be rooting for the Sabres to make an unlikely run.

#1snake_fan
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Lets go Sharks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please win one before I die ... man I miss san Jose :sad:

LSIGRAD09
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Right, so what's on the docket tonight?

Vancouver can axe Chicago, which is something I'd love to see (Hate seeing back to back championships unless it is my team, lol.)

LA and San Jose face off, not much, Kings or Sharks fans will be happy tonight.

canadiansbronco
04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
damn the caps are up 3-1 probably going to win this series. Habs tomorow god i hate boston if we win the 4th game and go up 3-1 i say we win this series but if boston wins its not looking good.

As for stanley cup prediction i say canucks vs Habs all canadians final :D ( realistic prediction is nuks over caps the)

jetrazor74
04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Being a Wings fan, I'd love to see them win the Cup, but they don't have consistent enough goaltending to win IMO.

The Caps are in the same boat as the Wings, goaltending will hurt them in the later rounds.

Boston has probably the most balanced team in the East, but they have a HUGE hole to dig out of.

San Jose and Vancouver are the 2 best teams in the playoffs, so whomever comes out of the West should win the Cup. I'd like to see San Jose win because Joe Pavelski is a local WI guy, but I think Vancouver wins.

I'm going to pick a dark horse out of the East - Tampa Bay, but they lose the Cup to the Canucks. Vancouver in 5.

I used to like you, Mjolnir. But that was before I found out about this little character flaw of yours. ;)

InsaneBlaze23
04-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Jet is out to get us Thor, we need back up.:D

LSIGRAD09
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Lol, I'd hate to be Vancouver right now. They are getting beaten badly.

It's just one more game. Chicago needs to go, lol.

Thors Hammer
04-22-2011, 06:56 AM
I used to like you, Mjolnir. But that was before I found out about this little character flaw of yours. ;)

Can't help it, my dad was originally from the U.P. of Michigan, so I'm kind of fan of the teams from the Motor City. :thumb:

LSIGRAD09
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I love Hockey.
The Rangers are gone.
The Coyotes are gone.

However, Chicago is coming back on Vancouver like heartburn.
Pittsburgh might not be able to hold off TB.

I hope the Flyers are extinguished.

Should be interesting!

milehighireland
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I love Hockey.
The Rangers are gone.
The Coyotes are gone.

However, Chicago is coming back on Vancouver like heartburn.
Pittsburgh might not be able to hold off TB.

I hope the Flyers are extinguished.

Should be interesting!

I got wash winning the whole thing, they just look the most complete team, even with the inconsistency at the goalie position. Whatever about Chicago coming back, Boston are certainly making some fight of this. did NOT expect they'd still be in the series at the rate they were going, never mind ahead!

Pitt got thumped, but they'll hang on

canadiansbronco
04-24-2011, 01:33 PM
its not looking good for my habs :sad:.....but men what a game that was yesterday instant classic:D

LSIGRAD09
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Chicago and Buffalo fell, two games remain.

Any thoughts? I'm pulling for my Penguins, but I think Tampa has it.
The Boston-Habs game could go either way, but I have the Habs.

InsaneBlaze23
04-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Chicago and Buffalo fell, two games remain.

Any thoughts? I'm pulling for my Penguins, but I think Tampa has it.
The Boston-Habs game could go either way, but I have the Habs.

I don't know, but they need to hurry up, I have Red Wing redraw.
A disorder of lack of Red Wing hockey.

LSIGRAD09
04-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know, but they need to hurry up, I have Red Wing redraw.
A disorder of lack of Red Wing hockey.

I wouldn't worry, I'm still calling it Wings and Caps for the Cup.

canadiansbronco
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
...nooooooooooooooooo i am literaly crying right now :ugh::(:sad::mad::brick:

it cant finish like this frigin dirty bruins

Southstander
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
The Avs are my #1 team, that being said....

http://school.mapleshade.org/ravizius/period7/Crossley-Joshua/Bruins%20Logo.jpg

canadiansbronco
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
The Avs are my #1 team, that being said....

http://school.mapleshade.org/ravizius/period7/Crossley-Joshua/Bruins%20Logo.jpg

thats just not right :P however the b should be replaced with a D for dirty cant beleive they got away with nothing again dady cambell really loves his son

InsaneBlaze23
05-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Playoff Hockey is the best, seriously you gotta love it.

Down 3-0, now in game 7 3-3, my Red Wings are looking to not look like the Lakers or Celtics.

San Jose got so desperate they went empty net with 2mins on the clock, IMO that's to early for a empty net, because of you your playing and whats at stake.

Emotions run wild as the Sharks tried to start fights with 4sec on the clock.

Gotta love hockey.

N.I.N.
05-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I hope the Sharks Win