PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson (sooner fans)

West
10-02-2004, 11:43 AM
this guy is putting on a show today...bravo with his pick up in recruiting this year

OrangeShadow
10-02-2004, 01:07 PM
no doubt he has the potential to be the nations top rusher

Broncos28
10-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, just hope he doesn't turn out to be Marcus Houston the Player. Because he was the number one prospect in the Country coming out of High School. He was about to go to Florida State but wanted to stay home and played for Colorado. But he got hurt his Freshman Year and never was the same. Now he's with Colorado State. But Marcus Houston is a great guy, he's done a great job with Kids in the Colorado area.

So hopefully Adrian Peterson does real well unless they play my Colorado Buffalos. He's a great talent and I could understand why he was the number one prospect coming out of High School in the Country.

broncofan303
10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
He's defintely not a Marcus Houston... Adrian is freakin sick, he's got speed, power, moves, everything you need to succeed..it was about time they replaced Keiwan Jones, poor dude, he works his ass off everyday but we ALL know he's playing in the shadow of Adrian Peterson...

Broncosinindy
10-02-2004, 04:29 PM
marcus houston is a waste of talent is he still a back up?

Qistheman
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
adrian is something else. i hope he stays through his junior year and doesnt try to pull a mo. clarett

OrangePeel
10-02-2004, 05:53 PM
i dont think there will be many clarretts now that the NFL has made a stand on it's\ draft policies and the situation that mike williams is in.

broncofan303
10-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Broncosinindy
marcus houston is a waste of talent is he still a back up?

LOL yeah he's 100% healthy but still is a backup, shouldn't of left Colorado, he would of got split time with Purify...

West
10-02-2004, 08:08 PM
WHATA JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!! an even bigger jackass is BRIAN CALHOUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :fight:

GriffinRB22
10-02-2004, 08:09 PM
this guy looks promising

Seto
10-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
He's defintely not a Marcus Houston... Adrian is freakin sick, he's got speed, power, moves, everything you need to succeed..it was about time they replaced Keiwan Jones, poor dude, he works his ass off everyday but we ALL know he's playing in the shadow of Adrian Peterson...

he is injured, he is still #1 and a better runner than Adrian at this point

Spice 1
10-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Peterson should be playing for Texas, and that's why Texas lost. They should ban him from returning to Texas for life. I guess when your Oklahoma and have NO sports other than the Sooners, it's kind of a big deal to recruit everybody elses players. I don't care either way. He is a good back though, and he won't be anything like Clarrett. When Peterson got chewed out for fumbling on the sideline, he accepted it and moved on. When Clarrett would get chewed out, he would get stupid and start yelling at people. Clarrett is an idiot, and his career is not even half as big as his ego. If Maurice would have just ignored all of the parasites around him he might have been alright. Now he's going to get into the NFL, and get his head knocked off. Peterson has a better attitude, and he will be a better player as a result.:)

Seto
10-10-2004, 12:07 PM
as much as i like Peterson, im getting kind of sick of seeing him run all the time. We have the Heisman winner in the backfeild, and some of the best WRs in the NCAA right now. We only scored 12 points, we need to get back to what makes our team great, the pass. Peterson is the future of OU, but if we expect to win a National Championship this year, we need White to get the ball.

JoRo
10-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by baileyforprez.
i dont think there will be many clarretts now that the NFL has made a stand on it's\ draft policies and the situation that mike williams is in.

Btw..........wut did happen to Mike W...?

broncofan303
10-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
Btw..........wut did happen to Mike W...?

He tried testing out the NFL and got burned... Left college after 2 years, but the rule is 3 years out of highschool and then tried getting reinstated to USC but NCAA said "Nope" so now he has to wait until next years draft and he's going to be considered elgible for the draft again...that's what you get for testing out the NFL...

Broncosinindy
10-19-2004, 01:42 PM
how does that hurt his draft stock? and do you think clarrett will make the NFL this year if so who do you think would pick up a loser like him hes worse then clinto times fifty

rcsodak
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
how does that hurt his draft stock? and do you think clarrett will make the NFL this year if so who do you think would pick up a loser like him hes worse then clinto times fifty

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

rcsodak
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

rcsodak
10-20-2004, 09:35 PM

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

rcsodak
10-20-2004, 09:36 PM

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

rcsodak

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

rcsodak

....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Calm yourself rc!!!!;)

Seto
10-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
....who else???????

...the raiduhs......

..or the fins....

please, only click once

rcsodak
10-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Seto
please, only click once

Are you the nazi police, fellow sooner?
The server wacked out.....am I the only one to have multiple posts?:rolleyes:

Seto
10-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Are you the nazi police, fellow sooner?
The server wacked out.....am I the only one to have multiple posts?:rolleyes:

sorry, I meant to put a :D in there

I was just jokeing

rcsodak
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Seto
sorry, I meant to put a :D in there

I was just jokeing :cheers:

Broncosinindy
10-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Im the nazi police :)and man that guy can run i like his balance * damn the guy gets hit and just somehow breaks tackles for a frshman if he can stay healthy there is no stopping this guy

Seto
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Im the nazi police :)and man that guy can run i like his balance * damn the guy gets hit and just somehow breaks tackles for a frshman if he can stay healthy there is no stopping this guy

I liked how they used him today, not too much, or too little. I just wish he wasnt so much of a second half only back. To win the Heisman you have to be able to play in the first half too (when he matures as a RB he will get better)

Did you read any of the articles saying that Bob Stoops is trying to bost his Heisman chances by running him late in the game, WTF is up with that. 1. when u r up, you run the ball to run the clock down 2. you give FRESHMEN playing time when your up, because they are the future of the team. 3. AD is not yet good enogh for a Heisman, mabe next year, but right now it is sensless hype. The only vote he is going to get is the one that Jason White has, since he would never vote for himself.

rcsodak
10-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of you as I watched the game. With Jason throwing more, I knew you'd be happy.
That's what they need to do, though. Take what the D gives them. Shut down the run, start passing. Shut down the pass, start running.
I just wish the pass D would improve. It seems that has been the achilles ever since Bob has coached 'em. I was kinda hoping Bo would help in this area, but so far, nothing.
OSU/TA&M are going to be real tests..... If OU wins those, then the Big XII game will be the next test... Right now, I'd give the nod to Mizzou getting there. And we know what that can entail - trouble. Just depends which Smith shows up.

Seto
10-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of you as I watched the game. With Jason throwing more, I knew you'd be happy.
That's what they need to do, though. Take what the D gives them. Shut down the run, start passing. Shut down the pass, start running.
I just wish the pass D would improve. It seems that has been the achilles ever since Bob has coached 'em. I was kinda hoping Bo would help in this area, but so far, nothing.
OSU/TA&M are going to be real tests..... If OU wins those, then the Big XII game will be the next test... Right now, I'd give the nod to Mizzou getting there. And we know what that can entail - trouble. Just depends which Smith shows up.

Antonio is out, he is our best CB. he will be back in a week or 2