PDA

View Full Version : Hillis Chosen for cover of Madden 12

MHS
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/27/peyton-hillis-chosen-for-madden-cover/

Not sure if it was the right choice but good for him.:salute:

LSIGRAD09
04-27-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Sparky The Sun Devil
04-27-2011, 02:14 PM
at least we got Tebow out of McD!

garzjoe
04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
That's awesome for Hillis! Good thing we got rid of him...not like we could have used a good running game last year! LOL

Thx,
Joe

22cannon
04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm sure Papa-pwn will be telling us all how Hillis still doesn't belong in the NFL. Sorry you didn't like the guy, he's a baller.

:goz:

BTW congrats Peyton!

theMileHighGuy
04-27-2011, 02:19 PM
better choice than Vick imo. Hillis is heart embodied. I wonder if the Browns would take a third string QB for him.

Broncoholic3233
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
He'll just fumble it on his way home from purchasing it. ;)

Congrats to him. At least we got Quinn tho....

pblack18707
04-27-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks for helping denver. charlie. i think i know why you dont like hillis. he is a winner and most brown fans dont know what to think about that lol.

Eddiemac730
04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
LOVE Peyton Hillis!

Congrats. :thumb::thumb:

msusc
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Congrats to Hillis! Kinda random choice, but he is a great running back and with a great work ethic. :salute:

Denver Mike
04-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Careful with the injury cracks... I don't want to hear about his woman stabbing him any time soon..

InsaneBlaze23
04-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Yea for not having Vick on the cover.

Good job Peyton, even with the season over, you still make Denver fans sad because your gone.

I do think that there may have been a little weight, as in some extra votes went to Hillis to avoid PR issues with animal rights groups.

Oh well I'm happy with it, Vick has killed more dogs than he has thrown NFL TD's.

the0rangecrush
04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Congrats on the cover, but in all honesty he wasn't even the best rusher in the league, I think Rodgers should have gotten it, but hey Congrats hillis

BroncoFanBoy
04-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Well I know who I'm not gonna pick for fantasy then haha

Congrats Peyton! Wish you were still here! :salute:

thenewera44
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
For those crying about Hillis and thinking Shanahan wouldnt have gotten rid of him.

He led the NFL in fumbles. He fumbled the ball 8 times lost 5. Of what we know of Shanahan, would he have kept him around to be the main guy carrying the ball?
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1216/nfl_g_phillis_jh_300.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/9119767-large.jpg

http://elyriact.smugmug.com/Sports/Browns-Dec-12/APTOPIXBrownsBillsFootballctne/1124781950_buSZN-M.jpg

Peerless
04-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Good for Peyton.

Not to discredit Mike, but he was already on the 04 cover. Good to see fresh faces, even if it is randomly Peyton Hillis.

Charlie Brown
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
charlie. i think i know why you dont like hillis. he is a winner and most brown fans dont know what to think about that lol.

No, I don't like him much because he is overrated. I don't know if you were around when the Browns got Reuben Droughns and the media said how amazing he was because he ran for over a thousand yards (first Browns RB since 86'). Everyone said he was amazing. Next year, he goes off and is a nobody. He's cut from the team. The next big name? Jamal Lewis the over-the-hill drug dealer from Baltimore. No way will he run for anywhere near 1000 yards, he's a has-been. Well, he does just that. Everyone says he's amazing. Next season? A huge letdown and he's cut from the team.

Now, Hillis comes and gets a thousand yards and a dozen touchdowns (rushing and recieving) and suddenly he's the "next big thing". Maybe it is just me, but do you see a pattern here?

Kryptic
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I voted for him and I'm happy he was won, besides, Vick was already on the cover in '04.

pblack18707
04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
No, I don't like him much because he is overrated. I don't know if you were around when the Browns got Reuben Droughns and the media said how amazing he was because he ran for over a thousand yards (first Browns RB since 86'). Everyone said he was amazing. Next year, he goes off and is a nobody. He's cut from the team. The next big name? Jamal Lewis the over-the-hill drug dealer from Baltimore. No way will he run for anywhere near 1000 yards, he's a has-been. Well, he does just that. Everyone says he's amazing. Next season? A huge letdown and he's cut from the team.

Now, Hillis comes and gets a thousand yards and a dozen touchdowns (rushing and recieving) and suddenly he's the "next big thing". Maybe it is just me, but do you see a pattern here?

dif is we had a passing game for both those players. not last year. any way you look at it he did a good job for what we did on offence. you know what i realy like about him? his hands. every game he would line up at WR spot a couple times a game. that say worlds about our passing game.

RaiderFanSD
04-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm sure Papa-pwn will be telling us all how Hillis still doesn't belong in the NFL. Sorry you didn't like the guy, he's a baller.

BTW congrats Peyton!

LMAO... :hammer:

InsaneBlaze23
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
For those crying about Hillis and thinking Shanahan wouldnt have gotten rid of him.

He led the NFL in fumbles. He fumbled the ball 8 times lost 5. Of what we know of Shanahan, would he have kept him around to be the main guy carrying the ball?
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1216/nfl_g_phillis_jh_300.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/9119767-large.jpg

http://elyriact.smugmug.com/Sports/Browns-Dec-12/APTOPIXBrownsBillsFootballctne/1124781950_buSZN-M.jpg

You spoke of his negatives, but what about the positives.

1177 rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs, played in all 16 games. So you can name a negative, but he has a big upside, also if you got hit in the sack, I'm sure you would fumble too. Those photos are hits that most people would fumble.

thenewera44
04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
You spoke of his negatives, but what about the positives.

1177 rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs, played in all 16 games. So you can name a negative, but he has a big upside, also if you got hit in the sack, I'm sure you would fumble too. Those photos are hits that most people would fumble.

So, what you know of Shanahan, you feel he would have tolerated that?

BTW, he was fairly quick to get rid of backs that did produce, but did fumble.

He had a bit of a fumble problem in Denver and he took it to Cleveland. Yeah, he had positives, but I wonder how much those fumbles cost them.

thatkidhunt
04-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Dude is a friggin beast, period.

If you have seen the "all things Peyton Hillis" thread then you know how I feel about him and that ridiculous mistake McDummy made due to that Ego............

Congrats on the cover Peyton :salute:

demonicbroncos
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
So, what you know of Shanahan, you feel he would have tolerated that?

BTW, he was fairly quick to get rid of backs that did produce, but did fumble.

He had a bit of a fumble problem in Denver and he took it to Cleveland. Yeah, he had positives, but I wonder how much those fumbles cost them.

He didn't fumble as a running back in Denver. Hillis only fumble as a kick returner which didn't make sense using him as a kick returner. But then again a majority of Josh McDaniels moves didn't make sense.

Sparky The Sun Devil
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM

I see a pattern of Joe Thomas opening up wide running lanes for hillis

Charlie Brown
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I see a pattern of Joe Thomas opening up wide running lanes for hillis

Joe Thomas protects the QB's blindside. If you want to talk about the players that Hillis generally runs twards that should change to:

"I see a pattern of Peyton Hillis running behind geriatric Floyd Womack."

or

"I see a pattern of Peyton Hillis using running lanes opened up by the great Lawrence Vickers, who is no longer a Brown."

Freyaka
04-27-2011, 10:07 PM
thanks for helping denver. charlie. i think i know why you dont like hillis. he is a winner and most brown fans dont know what to think about that lol.

Haha best coment of the year.

Charlie Brown
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Also, just an FYI.

I voted as often as I could in this.

-Rod-
04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Hillis will have to reduce the fumbles. Like Adrian Peterson had to do. Same thing with Ahmad Bradshaw. But I like the production that you get from Hillis on the field for a guy that carries a $555.000 salary as a 7th round pick. He was so productive that he was the 4th best RB in fantasy football. Not bad, considering that Cleveland also got 2 draft picks from the deal. I don't think that trade will look good in McDaniels' resume.

Andyy_47
04-28-2011, 02:56 AM
This isn't good, when he sucks next year then everyone will just blame it on the Madden curse :(

jayjayusa
04-28-2011, 03:10 AM
I wanted Vick, but I guess the Eagles fans believe in the curse...

milehighireland
04-28-2011, 05:04 AM
thx josh. yet another way you've made this team look stupid

-Rod-
04-28-2011, 06:01 AM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3758210

RT @DMurph_BrownsPR: Roger Goodell will introduce Peyton Hillis during Round 1 of the #NFLDraft. Will read the #Browns pick at the podium.

I wonder if McDaniels will be inside the Rams' war room or at least around the facility to get some love from his co-workers.

thenewera44
04-28-2011, 06:27 AM
So, are we all in agreement that Shanahan would have kept a guy around that fumbled the ball 8 times?

Does anyone here think Shanahan would have?

Is Tebow and Moreno on the goal line and in the red zone better than Hillis and Moreno?

Really, you think Hillis is better than Tebow. Keep in mind Tebow broke Emmitt's record at UF for rushing TDs and broke the Hershel's SEC record for rushing TDs right?

Oh, and he also showed he can pass. Not surprising, considering that on top of those rushing number facts, he also happened to be the highest rated passer inthe history of the NCAA. Not too bad for a guy, whose throwing motion was so digusting.

Anywho.........

8 fumbles last year. 8.

JCJE
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
So, are we all in agreement that Shanahan would have kept a guy around that fumbled the ball 8 times?

Does anyone here think Shanahan would have?

Is Tebow and Moreno on the goal line and in the red zone better than Hillis and Moreno?

Really, you think Hillis is better than Tebow. Keep in mind Tebow broke Emmitt's record at UF for rushing TDs and broke the Hershel's SEC record for rushing TDs right?

Oh, and he also showed he can pass. Not surprising, considering that on top of those rushing number facts, he also happened to be the highest rated passer inthe history of the NCAA. Not too bad for a guy, whose throwing motion was so digusting.

Anywho.........

8 fumbles last year. 8.

absolutely Shanny would have kept him, he even said Hillis had earned the chance to compete for the starting running back spot. If Shanny hadn't been fired we wouldn't have drafted TT and as a running back, Hillis is better than TT or Moreno.
Hillis didn't have a fumbling problem until he went to the Browns.

AP fumbles a lot but I don't see anyone saying he sucks.

thenewera44
04-28-2011, 06:46 AM
absolutely Shanny would have kept him, he even said Hillis had earned the chance to compete for the starting running back spot. If Shanny hadn't been fired we wouldn't have drafted TT and as a running back, Hillis is better than TT or Moreno.
Hillis didn't have a fumbling problem until he went to the Browns.

AP fumbles a lot but I don't see anyone saying he sucks.

Shanahan never displayed patience for anyone that fumbled.

Besides, Hillis doesnt pass the ball like Tebow. I know it is hard to believe, but Tebow can pass the ball. If Hillis and I mean IF Hillis truly runs the ball better than Tebow, it isnt that much better.

So, having a multi threat Tebow back there with Moreno, is better than having Hillis and Moreno.

I think we are rather fortunate that Marshall and Cutler are on other teams. Maybe the Broncos should have selected Ngata in 2006 and should have resigned Trevor Pryce instead of moving up to get Cutler.

Nobody ever defended the fact that Plummer was a pro bowler, and led this to the AFCCG, and led this team to 3 straight play off seasons.

If we want to know when things started going south in the franchise, I trace it back to those moves.

JCJE
04-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Shanahan never displayed patience for anyone that fumbled.

Besides, Hillis doesnt pass the ball like Tebow. I know it is hard to believe, but Tebow can pass the ball. If Hillis and I mean IF Hillis truly runs the ball better than Tebow, it isnt that much better.

So, having a multi threat Tebow back there with Moreno, is better than having Hillis and Moreno.

I think we are rather fortunate that Marshall and Cutler are on other teams. Maybe the Broncos should have selected Ngata in 2006 and should have resigned Trevor Pryce instead of moving up to get Cutler.

Nobody ever defended the fact that Plummer was a pro bowler, and led this to the AFCCG, and led this team to 3 straight play off seasons.

If we want to know when things started going south in the franchise, I trace it back to those moves.

The best season Plummer ever had was in 2005 when Shanny put a leash on him and reigned him in. That season, the team won based on a strong d, great running game and a qb who didn't make a ton of mistakes. The very next season, Plummer reverted back to his old self and opened the door for Cutler to take the starting job. Go back and look at the stats.

Why do you think Plummer quit in his prime?

I agree with you about TT but that doesn't change the fact that we didn't need to waste valuable draft picks on a qb and running back with so many glaring holes on defense UNTIL McD brought his smug ass to town.

We had a first rd qb on the roster with 3 years starting experience that just needed some more time to mature and really get comfortable in the WCO. Remember, year 3-4 is when Shanny said qbs really "get" the WCO - hell look at Plummer, 2005 was his 3rd year in Shanny's offense and it was the best statistical season of his entire career.

Moreno was not a need in the first rd with Hillis and all of the other rbs already on the roster and brought in through FA.

By 2008 this team had ALREADY rebuilt almost the entire offense so any REASONABLE person would expect some growing pains with so many rookies and 2nd -3rd year players STARTING.

Just watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjDe0WDuCg

Look at the pass play starting around 3:15. watch the way Hillis gets hit as soon as he catches ball, sheds the would be tackler, keeps his balance and tip toes down the sideline to make sure he picks up the 1st down. That's a damn heads up play by rookie 6th rd pick who was learning plays at 2 different positions.

Show me anything that Moreno has done that compares.

thenewera44
04-28-2011, 08:19 AM
The best season Plummer ever had was in 2005 when Shanny put a leash on him and reigned him in. That season, the team won based on a strong d, great running game and a qb who didn't make a ton of mistakes. The very next season, Plummer reverted back to his old self and opened the door for Cutler to take the starting job. Go back and look at the stats.

Why do you think Plummer quit in his prime?

I agree with you about TT but that doesn't change the fact that we didn't need to waste valuable draft picks on a qb and running back with so many glaring holes on defense UNTIL McD brought his smug ass to town.

We had a first rd qb on the roster with 3 years starting experience that just needed some more time to mature and really get comfortable in the WCO. Remember, year 3-4 is when Shanny said qbs really "get" the WCO - hell look at Plummer, 2005 was his 3rd year in Shanny's offense and it was the best statistical season of his entire career.

Moreno was not a need in the first rd with Hillis and all of the other rbs already on the roster and brought in through FA.

By 2008 this team had ALREADY rebuilt almost the entire offense so any REASONABLE person would expect some growing pains with so many rookies and 2nd -3rd year players STARTING.

Just watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjDe0WDuCg

Look at the pass play starting around 3:15. watch the way Hillis gets hit as soon as he catches ball, sheds the would be tackler, keeps his balance and tip toes down the sideline to make sure he picks up the 1st down. That's a damn heads up play by rookie 6th rd pick who was learning plays at 2 different positions.

Show me anything that Moreno has done that compares.

Moreno has showed distinct promise when he is healthy.

The drafting and trading up for Cutler destroyed Plummer's confidence. The team went away from being balanced and the signature of Shanahan's style to a tuity fruity offense under Cutller.

I am telling you that confidence in an athlete is very fragile. Shanahan shouldnt have let Pryce go. They should have drafted Nagata, and solidify that defense. He shouldnt have traded up to get a guy that wasnt needed.

That move, and this team has been mediocre at best since.

JCJE
04-28-2011, 09:03 AM

The drafting and trading up for Cutler destroyed Plummer's confidence. The team went away from being balanced and the signature of Shanahan's style to a tuity fruity offense under Cutller.

I am telling you that confidence in an athlete is very fragile. Shanahan shouldnt have let Pryce go. They should have drafted Nagata, and solidify that defense. He shouldnt have traded up to get a guy that wasnt needed.

Please show something in the form of a video clip that supports your opinion of Moreno.

You didn't really address anything else from my previous post.

It destroyed Plummer's confidence because he wasn't willing to go all in.

It's well documented that Plummer wasn't willing to put in the time and effort and didn't have the burning desire to try and be the best qb he could be so Shanny was forced to address the position.

You're right, Shanny should have resigned Pryce but I also understand the business philosophy behind it. Pryce was coming off a serious back injury and there was no way to know if he would ever return to form so Shanny low balled him and Pryce chose to test the market.

Let's not forget that the 2005 d wasn't really a need based on the way the unit had been playing. It really boils down to preference. Shanny decided to rebuild the offense first and really made some mistakes in the 2007 draft when he tried to address the d line with all of his picks.

Shanny did try to incorporate aspects of New England's offense but you need to remember that running an offense with a lot shotgun formations is a young qbs best friend not too mention the issues of multiple injuries at rb.

thenewera44
04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Please show something in the form of a video clip that supports your opinion of Moreno.

You didn't really address anything else from my previous post.

It destroyed Plummer's confidence because he wasn't willing to go all in.

It's well documented that Plummer wasn't willing to put in the time and effort and didn't have the burning desire to try and be the best qb he could be so Shanny was forced to address the position.

You're right, Shanny should have resigned Pryce but I also understand the business philosophy behind it. Pryce was coming off a serious back injury and there was no way to know if he would ever return to form so Shanny low balled him and Pryce chose to test the market.

Let's not forget that the 2005 d wasn't really a need based on the way the unit had been playing. It really boils down to preference. Shanny decided to rebuild the offense first and really made some mistakes in the 2007 draft when he tried to address the d line with all of his picks.

Shanny did try to incorporate aspects of New England's offense but you need to remember that running an offense with a lot shotgun formations is a young qbs best friend not too mention the issues of multiple injuries at rb.

Video highlights of Moreno?
You ask, and you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

JCJE
04-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Video highlights of Moreno?
You ask, and you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

not bad...but I'm still not sure he was worth a 1st rd pick when a 6th rd pick was showing more promise. For my money I would rather have Hillis and his bruising running style, soft hands and cap friendly contract.

White Dragon
04-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Finally, someone other than myself bringing this up.

The turning point of the franchise was the drafting of Cutler (instead of Ngata) and the Broncos have done nothing since, except get worse.

I hate to bring this up, but I do think about it. The fact that if the Broncos don't draft Cutler and make the playoffs in 2006, that Darrent may still be with us.

thenewera44
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Finally, someone other than myself bringing this up.

The turning point of the franchise was the drafting of Cutler (instead of Ngata) and the Broncos have done nothing since, except get worse.

I hate to bring this up, but I do think about it. The fact that if the Broncos don't draft Cutler and make the playoffs in 2006, that Darrent may still be with us.

This draft I would rather have Dareus and in 2004 I was screaming for Wilfork instead of DJ.

DL is everything for a 4-3.

thenewera44
05-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Interesting analogy for those that like to ignore the fumble problems of Hillis.

In 2004 Jake Plummer broke the franchise record for yards and also tossed 27 Tds (which also broke a franchise record). He made the pro bowl in 2005 and successfully led this to 10 win seasons, and a 13 win season and AFCCG.

The fact that Shanahan traded up to get Cutler and destroyed Plummer's confidence means little to a lot. Not for nothing, but I wonder what would have happened if this team took Ngata, and moved to a 3-4 like I wanted them to and had Pryce at one end, Ngata NT and Dumervil as OLB.

Anyway, we cant just ignore the fact the Hillis fumbled the ball 8 times, and led the NFL in the same way we shouldnt ignore that Plummer in 2004 threw 20 picks.

But, we all see what we want, and ignore what we want. That, is the average fan.