PDA

View Full Version : Marshall could be on his way out

thenewera44
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.thephinsider.com/2011/4/25/2131154/miami-dolphins-the-fallout-from-the-brandon-marshall-stabbing

Marshall could be on his way out of miami already. The receivers coach couldnt handle his attitude so they moved him to qb coach. Marshall lied to police about the events that took place in his wife's stabbing him. It says 1 more misconduct and the nfl will suspend marshall for 16 games. Not suprising why we got rid of him but already after 1 year in miami they cant take him. Is anyone suprised by this ? If he keeps this up his career could be over in a few years.

Can we all at least agree that letting go of Marshall was not a mistake?

-Rod-
05-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Denver did the right thing. But it was a decision made by the organization, not just McDaniels on the phone alone at night (Hillis?). A lingering process that did not come out of nowhere. It took some time and was discussed by the front office. Marshall wanted a new contract with tons of dollars, and he is not worth it. Sorry.

All the talent on the field unfortunately also comes with all the trouble off the field. It is not that hard to replace a #1 WR, Brandon Lloyd stepped in and filled the hole immediately. And the team can find someone even more talented in the draft next year. Without having to deal with the garbage, I mean baggage, no, garbage is right. All the gargabe that Marshall brings.

I guess Marshall will be like Terrell Owens, wearing a new uniform every year because teams can't stand him for too long. A mercenary for someone who apparently is one WR away from the big stage.

ERoyal248
05-03-2011, 06:16 PM
It wouldn't surprise me but McDaniels certainly made the right move by trading him in the long run.

Marshall has all the talent in the world, but the brain of a 5-year old.

100%Broncoholic
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
It wouldn't surprise me but McDaniels certainly made the right move by trading him in the long run.

Marshall has all the talent in the world, but the brain of a 5-year old.

Easy my daughter knows not to run by the tv when there is a McDonalds bag on the floor! Oh she's only 3 and knows better...

Bernie24
05-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Sounds to me he was trying to protect his wife by lying for her. Shouldnt be held against him imo.

Chillez
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Denver did the right thing. But it was a decision made by the organization, not just McDaniels on the phone alone at night (Hillis?). A lingering process that did not come out of nowhere. It took some time and was discussed by the front office. Marshall wanted a new contract with tons of dollars, and he is not worth it. Sorry.

All the talent on the field unfortunately also comes with all the trouble off the field. It is not that hard to replace a #1 WR, Brandon Lloyd stepped in and filled the hole immediately. And the team can find someone even more talented in the draft next year. Without having to deal with the garbage, I mean baggage, no, garbage is right. All the gargabe that Marshall brings.

I guess Marshall will be like Terrell Owens, wearing a new uniform every year because teams can't stand him for too long. A mercenary for someone who apparently is one WR away from the big stage.

Marshall not a cancer like TO is in locker room but Marshall has off field problems so hurts team either way. 2 total opposites when comes being the same with that said I like Marshall trade that's something McD did right here Marshall wont be in NFL much longer 3-4 tops has brain of 5 year old. Hopefully still matures but doubt it sad though talent top 3 WR in league all that talent goes to waste....

CanDB
05-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Easy my daughter knows not to run by the tv when there is a McDonalds bag on the floor! Oh she's only 3 and knows better...

I was going to say that if Marshall is in fact leaving, I hope he doesn't slip on his way out......

Hatake.
05-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Marshall not a cancer like TO is in locker room but Marshall has off field problems so hurts team either way. 2 total opposites when comes being the same with that said I like Marshall trade that's something McD did right here Marshall wont be in NFL much longer 3-4 tops has brain of 5 year old. Hopefully still matures but doubt it sad though talent top 3 WR in league all that talent goes to waste....

How is punting the ball and acting like a petulant child in practice not a locker room cancer?

Did you not here his whole whining about how it's Chad Henne's fault they lost?

Locker room cancer bro.

-Rod-
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Marshall not a cancer like TO is in locker room but Marshall has off field problems so hurts team either way.

I think Marshall is the same cancer in the locker room as TO. Exactly the same. Some people will say he is a good teammate, but he creates problems with his QBs. Marshall went after Orton on the sideline when he was not getting the ball. He is a pain in the ass. Same thing happened to Chad Henne. Marshall and Henne don't get along because the diva WR starts complaining when he does not get the ball. Marshall also clashed with his WRs coach and complained about the offense. That's what TO does, he makes noise when his amount of receptions are not pleasing him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/brandon-marshall-continues-to-bag-on-chad-henne-coaches/

One day after Ricky Williams went off about the coaching staff, Brandon Marshall continued to express his displeasure for certain aspects of the team’s offense. Marshall said he wasn’t on the same page as Chad Henne all year.

“Tyler [Thigpen] gets it a little more,” Marshall said on Michael Irvin’s radio show on WQAM via the Palm Beach Post.

By “get it,” Marshall means throw the ball to Marshall in single coverage.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/01/1995845/henne-marshall-not-on-same-page.html

After throwing the game's final interception on a mishap that occurred when his intended wide receiver slipped on a route, Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne was met on the sideline Sunday by an unpleasant earful from teammate Brandon Marshall.

This type of sideline exchange is nothing new. It is a scenario that has played out often enough this season for most to chalk it up as the expected emotion from Miami's energetic star. Unfortunately, it's not all that simple.

Marshall and Henne will have plenty of work to do in the coming months to repair a relationship that has deteriorated over the course of the season, a reality that became especially clear after Marshall's public advice for Henne on Thursday.

It must be extremely hard to work with someone like Marshall. Carson Palmer also went through hell last year, playing with TO and Chad Johnson, two guys yelling "gimme the ball". The result was a lot of forced throws and interceptions. In the last game of the season, without these diva WRs on the field, Palmer played really well.

Chillez
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
How is punting the ball and acting like a petulant child in practice not a locker room cancer?

Did you not here his whole whining about how it's Chad Henne's fault they lost?

Locker room cancer bro.

I haven't followed his career since he left Denver I didn't know those things....

ebsoria
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
What a train wreck.... :facepalm:

Hadez
05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
The entire way in which Denver handled Marshall was ideal. I was so happy when we sent him to Miama for 2 2nd round picks.

Even Miami was smart by putting a clause in his contract that they could release him this year if they wanted and save allot of money. They gave up 2 2nd rounders so they probably can not release him but considering the money if I was them I would think about it.

roushmartin6
05-13-2011, 12:42 PM
We schooled Miami with that trade thats for sure. Its too bad he can't grow up, he has a ton of talent and is gonna be out of the league soon.

underrated29
05-13-2011, 12:48 PM
so lets count...

offseason 1- DWILL tragedy
offseason 2- arrest for speeding on 470 and driving in utility lane, and incident with his crazy ass ex GF
offseason 3- Slips on mcdonalds bag wrestling with brother and lacerates his arm
offseason 4- punts footballs, screws around in practice at TC
offseason 5- gets stabbed by new wife

Did I get that right or am I missing something?

JaysusCutler
05-13-2011, 01:07 PM
That sucks. I've really been rooting for him.

xX-Bronco-Xx
05-13-2011, 01:15 PM
This guy has potential to be the greatest WR in the league but his head is still up his ass so that is such a pity.

Frenchy180
05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
so lets count...

offseason 1- DWILL tragedy
offseason 2- arrest for speeding on 470 and driving in utility lane, and incident with his crazy ass ex GF
offseason 3- Slips on mcdonalds bag wrestling with brother and lacerates his arm
offseason 4- punts footballs, screws around in practice at TC
offseason 5- gets stabbed by new wife

Did I get that right or am I missing something?

Missing a large amount, but we'll call that good :thumb:

beastlyskronk
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I think Marshall is the same cancer in the locker room as TO. Exactly the same. Some people will say he is a good teammate, but he creates problems with his QBs. Marshall went after Orton on the sideline when he was not getting the ball. He is a pain in the ass. Same thing happened to Chad Henne. Marshall and Henne don't get along because the diva WR starts complaining when he does not get the ball. Marshall also clashed with his WRs coach and complained about the offense. That's what TO does, he makes noise when his amount of receptions are not pleasing him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/brandon-marshall-continues-to-bag-on-chad-henne-coaches/

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/01/1995845/henne-marshall-not-on-same-page.html

It must be extremely hard to work with someone like Marshall. Carson Palmer also went through hell last year, playing with TO and Chad Johnson, two guys yelling "gimme the ball". The result was a lot of forced throws and interceptions. In the last game of the season, without these diva WRs on the field, Palmer played really well.

Well Chad Henne isn't exactly a good QB though, so Marshall doesn't respect him. Henne was actually one of the worst QBs last year and why would he avoid throwing to Marshall one on one anyway? I believe Thigpen should have been the starter last year regardless. Now I'm not really sticking up for Marshall, he is a diva and can be a very cancerous player but Henne plays scared and you can't be a very good QB like that. If the Dolphins were winning last year, I doubt he would have complained as much. Everyone expected them to be a legit playoff team, Marshall bought into that hype and when they weren't performing like they should have he got mad and took it out on his own teammates instead of the opponents.

Also a question for everyone, do you people still think he slipped on a bag? After he lied about his wife stabbing him, I started to think that maybe his crazy ex gf stabbed him, or at least pushed him and made him fall into the t.v. Or he could have punched the t.v. after getting mad or something. I really doubt that he slipped

Gideon333
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.thephinsider.com/2011/4/25/2131154/miami-dolphins-the-fallout-from-the-brandon-marshall-stabbing

Marshall could be on his way out of miami already. The receivers coach couldnt handle his attitude so they moved him to qb coach. Marshall lied to police about the events that took place in his wife's stabbing him. It says 1 more misconduct and the nfl will suspend marshall for 16 games. Not suprising why we got rid of him but already after 1 year in miami they cant take him. Is anyone suprised by this ? If he keeps this up his career could be over in a few years.

Can we all at least agree that letting go of Marshall was not a mistake?

JUST PAY THE MAN ..... :doh:

bears6385
05-14-2011, 02:40 PM

It must be extremely hard to work with someone like Marshall. Carson Palmer also went through hell last year, playing with TO and Chad Johnson, two guys yelling "gimme the ball". The result was a lot of forced throws and interceptions. In the last game of the season, without these diva WRs on the field, Palmer played really well.OK Marshall is hard to work with, so the question I have is how did he and Cutler work so well together here in 2007 and 2008.

After having Cutler here in Chicago for the last two years I can't see Marshall going after him on the sidelines.

beastlyskronk
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
OK Marshall is hard to work with, so the question I have is how did he and Cutler work so well together here in 2007 and 2008.

After having Cutler here in Chicago for the last two years I can't see Marshall going after him on the sidelines.

He used to go after Cutler on the sidelines here too. Although he worked best with Cutler, Marshall still didn't get along with him all the time.

Chillez
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
This guy has potential to be the greatest WR in the league but his head is still up his ass so that is such a pity.

Yeah it's sad but it's his own doing not anyone else.

Portia11
05-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Bound for trouble unless he gets some major help. He (apparently) changed his wrapper story to horse play with family. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/brandon-marshall-is-in-no-imminent-danger/

Saw a bit in Miami paper that his arm wound appeared very similar to a knife cut.

nyuk nyuk
05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Interesting piece in the Miami Herald about him...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/24/2182514/miami-dolphins-are-worried-about.html

muse
05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
OK Marshall is hard to work with, so the question I have is how did he and Cutler work so well together here in 2007 and 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR758cg90Ww&feature=related