PDA

View Full Version : HAHA Remember When Some Ppl Had Faith in This Guy...

Noonskadoodle17
05-08-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Simms.jpg

Not sure what he’s smoking…but the arresting officer of Titans QB Chris Simms says he “He was out of it, like a zombie,” Acosta told jurors. “He was very, very unsteady on his feet.” Simm’s Defense lawyer Harvey Steinberg said the cop got it all wrong and that the football player said his friends had been smoking…I think the mugshot is all the evidence needed…case closed

HAHAHA Our GLORY DAYS...

CoryWinget81
05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Not gonna dig up quotes, but I remember someone saying "Chris Simms is the real deal. He's gonna blow Orton away in training camp!" and when Simms played for Orton against the Chargers, someone predicted a 4TD game and several people agreed with him.

:laugh:

Brohemoth
05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't think anybody was ever pro-Simms aside from a select few. People just wanted Orton off the field and the alternative was either Simms or Brandstater.

Hoserman117
05-08-2011, 05:41 PM
:laugh: I definitely do remember. People fell head over heels in love with him after the 49er's pre-season game.

Morningplastic
05-08-2011, 06:05 PM
HA! That was such a laughable period. The loss to the Chargers angered me but it was almost worth it when people realised how bad Simms was. Fans literally cheered for Orton when he replaced Simms in the Charger game.

-Rod-
05-08-2011, 06:13 PM
It's very easy to understand what happened. Both Orton and Simms were new to the Broncos, both learning a new system. What we had was the preseason to judge their performance.

Then Orton starts with 0 TDs and 3 INTs against the 49ers, 32.6 QB rate. Simms comes in and throws 2 TDs with 8.4 YPA.

Next week, Seahawks. Orton threw that left handed INT. I still don't know what the heck was that. Simms came in and completed 70% of his passes.

At that point, the fans thought there was something weird going on. The starting QB was looking awful. Simms made several good throws, showed some mobility and a very strong arm. I was impressed with his preseason.

But Simms did not play the last 2 preseason games. And during preseason, there was no pass rush coming after Simms, he felt comfortable in the pocket.

Now, think about the article from the Denver Post that mentioned the division of practice reps during the 2010 season. Tebow was getting around 5% of the reps. That's nothing. So, go back to 2009 and Simms was probably suffering from the same problem, being new to a system and getting very few reps as the #2 QB.

When he had to enter the game against the Redskins in week 10, he did not know what he was doing. Looked completely lost out there. And then against the Chargers, he only threw 4 passes. And his career as a Bronco was over.

The guy was never the same after that ruptured spleen, when he almost died. That injury probably made him lose confidence under pressure during a real game, when the pass rush is coming. And his career has been a disaster.

I was one of the people supporting Simms in 2009, I wanted to see him well after that bizarre injury, and the small samples from preseason looked good enough. But it was just an illusion.

broncoFan!
05-08-2011, 06:22 PM
It's very easy to understand what happened. Both Orton and Simms were new to the Broncos, both learning a new system. What we had was the preseason to judge their performance.

Then Orton starts with 0 TDs and 3 INTs against the 49ers, 32.6 QB rate. Simms comes in and throws 2 TDs with 8.4 YPA.

Next week, Seahawks. Orton threw that left handed INT. I still don't know what the heck was that. Simms came in and completed 70% of his passes.

At that point, the fans thought there was something weird going on. The starting QB was looking awful. Simms made several good throws, showed some mobility and a very strong arm. I was impressed with his preseason.

But Simms did not play the last 2 preseason games. And during preseason, there was no pass rush coming after Simms, he felt comfortable in the pocket.

Now, think about the article from the Denver Post that mentioned the division of practice reps during the 2010 season. Tebow was getting around 5% of the reps. That's nothing. So, go back to 2009 and Simms was probably suffering from the same problem, being new to a system and getting very few reps as the #2 QB.

When he had to enter the game against the Redskins in week 10, he did not know what he was doing. Looked completely lost out there. And then against the Chargers, he only threw 4 passes. And his career as a Bronco was over.

The guy was never the same after that ruptured spleen, when he almost died. That injury probably made him lose confidence under pressure during a real game, when the pass rush is coming. And his career has been a disaster.

I was one of the people supporting Simms in 2009, I wanted to see him well after that bizarre injury, and the small samples from preseason looked good enough. But it was just an illusion.

Very well put. Wow. Excellent post. Very intriguing and quite true. :orton: was terrible his very first preseason here.

InsaneBlaze23
05-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I fail to recall anybody ever supporting him, nor liking him being on the team in general.

During the Orton v Simms v Brandstater days, I was all for Brandstater.

Never liked Simms since he entered the NFL, and after his back spasm injury he just never recovered.

To many people was high on him because daddy was Phil Simms.

100%Broncoholic
05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Never liked Simms since he entered the NFL, and after his back spasm injury he just never recovered.
To many people was high on him because daddy was Phil Simms.

High on him... I see what you are saying..

Hey wasn't Simms the one who almost died from the spleen injury in the game? If so a little more serious than back spasms.

JakeNbake
05-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah it was the spleen he could have died.

InsaneBlaze23
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Either way spasm or spleen, he never recovered from the injury, never at 100% not even 75%.

Now he is just doing the only thing is good at doing and thats drugs.

100%Broncoholic
05-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Either way spasm or spleen, he never recovered from the injury, never at 100% not even 75%.

Now he is just doing the only thing is good at doing and thats drugs.

Yeah like I said, Spasm had plenty of those no biggie. Rupturing your spleen without a medical staff to save you, yeah good luck w that.

JaysusCutler
05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
My favorite was all the random Brandstater fans. He was awful at Fresno and was like a 7th rounder but everyone was in love with him for some odd reason.

InsaneBlaze23
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah like I said, Spasm had plenty of those no biggie. Rupturing your spleen without a medical staff to save you, yeah good luck w that.

I'm not saying spleen is not bad nor am I saying anything bad about having the injury. I'm saying based on his skill and play, he can never live up to the hype and is pretty much a failed QB, even if thats not his fault.

12and4
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
My favorite was all the random Brandstater fans. He was awful at Fresno and was like a 7th rounder but everyone was in love with him for some odd reason.

One of the worst qb's fresno state has had in my lifetime... him and colburn are the 2 worst of the past 2 decades...

Jay3
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM

As a Tebow-ite arriving here after the draft, I was truly puzzled to find so many speaking vocally about Brandstater love.

Sometimes I wonder (broadening the point) if people understand that if a guy is good, it shows by effective production of first downs and touchdowns.

Frenchy180
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM

It just goes to show you how bad some of us thought our quarterback situation was...

100%Broncoholic
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
It just goes to show you how bad some of us thought our quarterback situation was...

And to think we had Ingle Martin on our roster...

InsaneBlaze23
05-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Yep, we let that great QB go, for some reason we failed to keep him. We would have for sure won a super bowl with him and he would have been so good, they rename it the Ingle Bowl, for the Vince LimIngle trophy.

Frenchy180
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM

It's a shame the league banned the usage of the Ingle... something about an unfair advantage or something like that.

100%Broncoholic
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
It's a shame the league banned the usage of the Ingle... something about an unfair advantage or something like that.

Sniff, sniff, it just wasn't fair...