PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Josh McDaniels' interview

dizzolve
05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Just thought some of you would be interested to hear this even though it's not really current

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-lounge/videos/Offensive-Coordinator-Josh-McDaniels-Interview-/cd454aa6-82ad-4771-88c1-cb7cc3b72a78

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-lounge/videos/Conference-Call---OC-Josh-McDaniels-Audio/acaf4e92-65d2-46cf-a697-1f1a313eed0e

He probably is back in his optimal occupation and should help Sam Bradford develop. Just watching that interview though makes me not miss him much

Best of luck just the same

dsmith275
05-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Josh McDaniels Offensive cordinator of the St. Louis Rams music to my ears! I lol @ them asking if he would bring his brother in to be QB coach his response I don't make those decisions. It has to be awkward for him going from making all those decisions as a head coach to now being an offensive cordinator!! Im sorry but I just do not like josh don't wish any harm to him but at the same time so.t loose sleep if doesn't work it for him in St Louis however with Bradford and Jackson there is lots of potential!

jcdavey
05-25-2011, 01:11 AM
i thought his OC gameplan for the pats vs giants in the superbowl was pretty bad

it was apparent that they could just try and use the slot to pick apart the giants great pass rush, but they just kept trying to dial up deep passes

they finally go to the dink and dunk to get the lead late, but in the process giving the giants too much time to answer it.

it was a cocky gameplan, thinking they could just go deep at will because they did all season

(even when it was apparent that the deep ball was being covered via a superb pass rush),

theMileHighGuy
05-25-2011, 01:25 AM
i thought his OC gameplan for the pats vs giants in the superbowl was pretty bad

it was apparent that they could just try and use the slot to pick apart the giants great pass rush, but they just kept trying to dial up deep passes

they finally go to the dink and dunk to get the lead late, but in the process giving the giants too much time to answer it.

it was a cocky gameplan, thinking they could just go deep at will because they did all season

(even when it was apparent that the deep ball was being covered via a superb pass rush),

Word. That's the kind of stubbornness and "my plan is the end all be all" that sent him packing. A little bit of power deteriorates some people. There is no reason that that Patriots team didn't crush the Giants. Tyree's ridiculous lucky catch didn't help.

jcdavey
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Word. That's the kind of stubbornness and "my plan is the end all be all" that sent him packing. A little bit of power deteriorates some people. There is no reason that that Patriots team didn't crush the Giants. Tyree's ridiculous lucky catch didn't help.

best catch i've ever seen lol

#24 Next Champ
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Seconded...that catch was something else

-Rod-
05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Not hiring Ben McDaniels was a very good deal for the Rams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas says he "wouldn't dispute the conspiracy" that Ben McDaniels -- OC Josh's younger brother -- is teaching Sam Bradford the Rams' offense during the lockout.
Neither would we. Ben was Josh's quarterbacks coach in Denver, and is currently considered "unemployed." Danario Alexander recently described Bradford as already knowing the McDaniels' offensive scheme "like the back of his hand."

Apoc13
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Josh McDaniels Offensive cordinator of the St. Louis Rams music to my ears! I lol @ them asking if he would bring his brother in to be QB coach his response I don't make those decisions. It has to be awkward for him going from making all those decisions as a head coach to now being an offensive cordinator! Im sorry but I just do not like josh don't wish any harm to him but at the same time so.t loose sleep if doesn't work it for him in St Louis however with Bradford and Jackson there is lots of potential!

the above is exactly why mcdaniels said that about his brother....because he knew his brother was with bradford getting him up to speed

is it really shocking that mcdaniels is somewhat involved with, um, circumventing the rules?

ebsoria
05-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I actually think McD will make a very good OC in St. Louis. I'd have loved to have found a way to keep him in the OC capacity in Denver. Especially with how he opened up Orton and because he was the guy who drafter Tebow. It'd have been interesting.

jcdavey
05-25-2011, 05:55 PM
the above is exactly why mcdaniels said that about his brother....because he knew his brother was with bradford getting him up to speed

is it really shocking that mcdaniels is somewhat involved with, um, circumventing the rules?

not circumventing the rules at all as far as i can see

just an out of work coach working with a player, one would say as a freelance consultant

dsmith275
05-25-2011, 06:44 PM

I didn't think of that! Ben can legally be in contact with Bradford. You know he is teaching Bradford Josh's system.

Apoc13
05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
not circumventing the rules at all as far as i can see

just an out of work coach working with a player, one would say as a freelance consultant

who will likely be on the rams payroll as soon as the lockout is lifted....not cheating....but as close as you can get without it being officially cheating

Jay3
05-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I think the family relationship renders it questionable.

SoundsOfSuccess
05-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Fantasy players out there--

Do anything and everything you can do to get Bradford. I wouldn't be shocked if he's MVP next year.

jcdavey
05-25-2011, 07:21 PM
who will likely be on the rams payroll as soon as the lockout is lifted....not cheating....but as close as you can get without it being officially cheating

i don't know, it's all assumption at this point, like you say officially there's nothing at all wrong with it

Peerless
05-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Look at that loser coach.

Bronco_Armada
05-25-2011, 11:49 PM

He went to Syracuse too, so he gets extra bonus points! :peace:

dsmith275
05-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Look at that loser coach.

Yeah who would hire THAT guy?? His resume is blank from January 2009-January 2011 I wonder if he was unemployed or he had a job where he can't get a good reference??