PDA

View Full Version : Just met Jamaal Charles!

Hoserman117
05-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I live in Austin and I just ran into him at the gym I go to! It was pretty sweet. I said hi and asked him to stop beating up on the Broncos... He was nervous as hell about the season not starting cause the way his contract sets up he loses a crap ton of money if he misses game 1 of the season or something like that.

He was also working out with former Texas WR Limas Sweed, but I didn't think that was as cool and I didn't get to talk to him...

Chillez
05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I live in Austin and I just ran into him at the gym I go to! It was pretty sweet. I said hi and asked him to stop beating up on the Broncos... He was nervous as hell about the season not starting cause the way his contract sets up he loses a crap ton of money if he misses game 1 of the season or something like that.

He was also working out with former Texas WR Limas Sweed, but I didn't think that was as cool and I didn't get to talk to him...

Very cool man I bet that was cool experience even him being AFCW division rival and all.

You should told him Broncos were going sweep Chiefs this year... :D

Congrats! :salute:

InsaneBlaze23
05-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Pretty cool, you should have dropped a weight on his knee, so he can't beat up on us.lol(just joking)

You run into athletes at random, I run into them by force...somewhat.lol

Other than my grandfather, the first pro athlete I met was Lions WR Harmon Moore, when I was 7, met him and Luther Elis every year(football camp).

In 06 I met Troy Brown and 4 other players, he was a really nice guy.

I've also met a few of the lions players, but not Suh,CJ, or Matt. But I will.

Hoserman117
05-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah I was pretty psyched. I wasn't totally sure if it was him or not at first so I was kinda worried when I asked but it was cool when I knew it was him :D

johnlimburg
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
You should have taken something heavy and used it on his knee. That would make sure he stopped beating us up. :D

Cool story.

Hoserman117
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
You should have taken something heavy and used it on his knee. That would make sure he stopped beating us up. :D

Cool story.

Maybe I should have drugged him and hypnotized him so he's convinced he plays for Denver...

johnlimburg
05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Maybe I should have drugged him and hypnotized him so he's convinced he plays for Denver...

Haha. Or make him sign here for dirt cheap.

SBboundBRONCOS
05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
ive seen hanseworth a few times in good ole knoxville, and peyton manning but i dont remember that at all

Frankenpost
05-28-2011, 11:55 AM
ive seen hanseworth a few times in good ole knoxville, and peyton manning but i dont remember that at all

How could you not remember seeing Peyton's Potatoe Head? It should be one of the 7 Wonders of the World. I would remember seeing that. :coffee:

That and Brian Baldinger's right pinky, unforgettable.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/baldingerpinky-499x374.jpg

#24 Next Champ
05-28-2011, 06:19 PM
That's cool bro...Charles is sickk

Before he broke out i said id trade him for Knowshon in a sec n everyone thought i was trippin lol...how do scouts miss so bad that we draft Knowshon at 12 but the Chiefs steal this guy?

nyuk nyuk
05-28-2011, 07:24 PM
That and Brian Baldinger's right pinky, unforgettable.

Uh that has to be photoshopped.

Thors Hammer
05-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Uh that has to be photoshopped.

That's what happens when a finger is broken multiple times. Check out Torry Holt's fingers. :sick:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/Torry%20Holt.jpg

Thors Hammer
05-28-2011, 08:35 PM
When teams play the Packers, they stay at the Radisson Hotel here in downtown Appleton. When I was 16 and taking drivers ed, my instructor had me working on parallel parking in front of the hotel.

Well that week the Chiefs were in town for a preseason game, and a group of players were standing out in front of the hotel. As I'm backing up, I can hear the players start to cheer me on and give me directions. Needless to say, I was a little nervous with all the added attention, but I back the driver's ed car into the parking spot, and get out to change drivers. As I'm walking around the car, Christian Okoye comes over, pats me on the back, and tells me "Good job man, good job."

That's my encounter with an NFL star, Christian Okoye helped teach me to parallel park. :D

jetrazor74
05-28-2011, 08:47 PM
When teams play the Packers, they stay at the Radisson Hotel here in downtown Appleton. When I was 16 and taking drivers ed, my instructor had me working on parallel parking in front of the hotel.

Well that week the Chiefs were in town for a preseason game, and a group of players were standing out in front of the hotel. As I'm backing up, I can hear the players start to cheer me on and give me directions. Needless to say, I was a little nervous with all the added attention, but I back the driver's ed car into the parking spot, and get out to change drivers. As I'm walking around the car, Christian Okoye comes over, pats me on the back, and tells me "Good job man, good job."

That's my encounter with an NFL star, Christian Okoye helped teach me to parallel park. :D

That's awesome, man!!!

ebsoria
06-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Very cool. He seems like a decent dude.

Safety
06-20-2011, 12:10 AM
how do scouts miss so bad that we draft Knowshon at 12 but the Chiefs steal this guy?

well when you have a knucklehead for a head coach who thinks he's knows it all and trades away 3/4th of the best players on team for no reason....wha do you expect?

knowshon was a terrible pick, especially at number 12. we had much more pressing needs, and not to mention, knowshon just cant carry a full workload. hopefully Fox will dump him or trade him when the season gets going.

all knowshon is, is the next Greg Hill. flashes of brilliance, but no real consistency.

JayJack
06-20-2011, 04:18 AM
That's cool bro...Charles is sickk

Before he broke out i said id trade him for Knowshon in a sec n everyone thought i was trippin lol...how do scouts miss so bad that we draft Knowshon at 12 but the Chiefs steal this guy?

Lighten up some bruh! The Broncos are not the only team that has missed on good talent. I'm 100% positive that all 32 teams have missed on some good players.

Charles was drafted in the 3rd rd, which means that all 32 teams passed on him twice. It happens all the time. Knowshon biggest problem was the injury bug. But when he's healthy and going, he's good. I know people are going to look at his stats and think otherwise, but i'm pretty sure if anybody has contributed in the GameDay Thread, then you will see plenty of comments about "Why did we stop running Knowshon?"

I think Knowshon will have a great season this year because we have a HC that will not abandon the run.