PDA

View Full Version : suh a modern day joe greene

Kyousukeneko
06-04-2011, 04:00 PM
i think that the equivalent of Suh to the detriot in the modern day sense as joe Green. both came to s a bad team with a bad history of D and added an identy and asome thing destrctive for the D. i do believe that Suh will be known as the key factor for turning around Detriot such as Greene was in steelers

RaiderFanSD
06-04-2011, 05:10 PM
It all lies on Stafford imo. Hear a lot of hype on the guy, but he's gotta stay healthy first.

bears6385
06-04-2011, 05:45 PM
It all lies on Stafford imo. Hear a lot of hype on the guy, but he's gotta stay healthy first.Yep........."China Doll" Stafford, and the lions never added an OLineman in the draft to help him out. Instead they added a 3tech. DT, the same position Suh plays.

Now as much as it pains me to say it Suh is the best at his position..........and he was only a rookie.

Kyousukeneko
06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Yep........."China Doll" Stafford, and the lions never added an OLineman in the draft to help him out. Instead they added a 3tech. DT, the same position Suh plays.

Now as much as it pains me to say it Suh is the best at his position..........and he was only a rookie.

Suh has the size speed and power to play any where on a 4-3 D-line, UT, Nt and yes both DE spots. so i do not think that it is bad to really say they added a 3 tech, what does did a three tech (tony Brown) do with a dominating NT (Haynesworth). he looked pretty good. getting fairley just added more athletic abillity t a D-line that was showing alot of promise another D-line who can play any where on the line. alot does depend n stafford and i would have pulled the button on soldier over fairley but thats just me.

bears6385
06-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Suh has the size speed and power to play any where on a 4-3 D-line, UT, Nt and yes both DE spots. so i do not think that it is bad to really say they added a 3 tech, what does did a three tech (tony Brown) do with a dominating NT (Haynesworth). he looked pretty good. getting fairley just added more athletic abillity t a D-line that was showing alot of promise another D-line who can play any where on the line. alot does depend n stafford and i would have pulled the button on soldier over fairley but thats just me.I agree the lions should have drafted Solder, but after the year Suh had I would never move him. I would just leave him be and let him become the best there is at that position. From a character standpoint Suh is everything that Fairly is not. To many red flags with Fairly to pass on a LT like Solder. If Stafford goes down again in Chicago like he has the last two years the lions brass is going to regret passing on big Nate on draft day.

baphamet
06-04-2011, 11:07 PM
being the Nebraska homer that i am :P, i knew full well whichever team took him was getting a BEAST of a player who was easily the best player of the draft and should have won the heismen.

samparnell
06-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Suh has the size speed and power to play any where on a 4-3 D-line, UT, Nt and yes both DE spots. so i do not think that it is bad to really say they added a 3 tech, what does did a three tech (tony Brown) do with a dominating NT (Haynesworth). he looked pretty good. getting fairley just added more athletic abillity t a D-line that was showing alot of promise another D-line who can play any where on the line. alot does depend n stafford and i would have pulled the button on soldier over fairley but thats just me.

Does UT mean Under Tackle as in an undershifted (shifted to the weak side) DL?

An undershifted four man/split-front DL puts the strong side DT in a 1 tech, strong side DE/9 tech in a 5/7 and brings SAM Backer into a 9 over the TE, if there is a TE; if not, he is walked.

Is the strong side 1 tech the guy you are calling NT? So, is the UT the 3 tech?

An overshifted four man/split-front DL slides to the strong side and puts the weak side 3 tech in a 1. Do you call that guy NT?

Any DT should be able to stem and play from 0, 1, 2, 3 tech at least for a down or two and be effective depending on the call.

Kyousukeneko
06-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Does UT mean Under Tackle as in an undershifted (shifted to the weak side) DL?

An undershifted four man/split-front DL puts the strong side DT in a 1 tech, strong side DE/9 tech in a 5/7 and brings SAM Backer into a 9 over the TE, if there is a TE; if not, he is walked.

Is the strong side 1 tech the guy you are calling NT? So, is the UT the 3 tech?

An overshifted four man/split-front DL slides to the strong side and puts the weak side 3 tech in a 1. Do you call that guy NT?

Any DT should be able to stem and play from 0, 1, 2, 3 tech at least for a down or two and be effective depending on the call.

Under takle. but really he can play any where on ay down and be very successful.

Hoserman117
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Suh is so good it's stupid. I would trade our entire starting front 7 for him.