PDA

View Full Version : Created my first sig

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
This is my first sig that I have ever made entireally by myself. Well, what do you think of it? I'm pretty excited so yah.... thoughts? I haven't done too much to it at the moment.

JakeNbake
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Good job. Good job.

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-09-2011, 07:20 PM
The biggest problem in your sig and avatar is the image distortion from you not enlarging/decreasing your image properly.

Make sure when you are doing that to hold down shift so the image is still proportioned right. Other than that it isn't bad. :thumb:

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
The biggest problem in your sig and avatar is the image distortion from you not enlarging/decreasing your image properly.

Make sure when you are doing that to hold down shift so the image is still proportioned right. Other than that it isn't bad. :thumb:

Oh. :( I used 450-150 I think for the sig. What are the proportions normally for sig size? I can resize it easily.

Thank you for the compliment though! :)

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh. :( I used 450-150 I think for the sig. What are the proportions normally for sig size? I can resize it easily.

That's not what I'm talking about. The sig size is perfectly fine but I can see when you put the wolverine image into your sig you stretched out the image which makes it look disportioned.

It's a little more apparent in your avatar though.

12and4
06-09-2011, 07:35 PM

no. Hes sayin when you stretched out the wolverine pic... you didn't resize it proportionally.

You stretched him out.

so you hold shift and resize so it can constrain proportions.

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
no. Hes sayin when you stretched out the wolverine pic... you didn't resize it proportionally.

You stretched him out.

so you hold shift and resize so it can constrain proportions.

I'm playing around with it a bit right now. What do you think? 350X205?

12and4
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm playing around with it a bit right now. What do you think? 350X205?

It all depends on what the dimensions of the originals were.

If you have an image thats 50x50... and you stretch it to 100x200... its gonna look funky.... So when stretching, stretch Proportionally so that it doesn't look funky. The sig image can still be 500x150... but the image used for wolverine should not be.

edit: look in my sig... I didn't make keith stone fit in the box as a square... because his image wasn't squaretastic... and if I did, he woulda looked pudgy...

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=368435&dateline=1307413257

I hope you don't mind but I googled Wolverine and found the exact image you used. Do you see the difference from your avatar compared to this one in terms of it being proportioned right? (don't mind the border)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8720/wolverinegc.jpg

So basically when you drag your image into your sig or avatar and you want it to shrink or enlarge you would just grab a corner of the image while holding down shift so the image doesn't get uneven.

jetrazor74
06-09-2011, 07:52 PM

I hope you don't mind but I googled Wolverine and found the exact image you used. Do you see the difference from your avatar compared to this one in terms of it being proportioned right? (don't mind the border)

So basically when you drag your image into your sig or avatar and you want it to shrink or enlarge you would just grab a corner of the image while holding down shift so the image doesn't get uneven.

I didn't know you could do that with the shift key. I'm not a graphics guy, but I play around with it sometimes. This is exactly why I like to read in here. You guys often drop some nice tips!!

Pretend I CP'd you... :laugh:

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 07:56 PM
It all depends on what the dimensions of the originals were.

If you have an image thats 50x50... and you stretch it to 100x200... its gonna look funky.... So when stretching, stretch Proportionally so that it doesn't look funky. The sig image can still be 500x150... but the image used for wolverine should not be.

edit: look in my sig... I didn't make keith stone fit in the box as a square... because his image wasn't squaretastic... and if I did, he woulda looked pudgy...

Ohhh okay. I see what you're saying. I'll go back, find the original picture, & resize it proportionally to that picture. And don't make Wolverine try and fit a certain way. Make the sig fit wolverine. :D

I don't mind at all. In fact it looks a lot better now and I stole it from you. :P
I'm using picnik so I can't exactly just grab and shrink. I have to find the exact proportions otherwise it will look strange.

There's a huge difference. Thank you for showing it to me otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it probablly lol.

12and4
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM
yeah and in photoshop you can hold space to move around selections, ctrl to add to a selection, and alt to subtract from a selection. That way you don't have to select the whole bit you are selecting at once.

Lots of keyboard shortcuts in photoshop. Those are must reads. I hardly click on the tools as I know most of their hotkeys by heart.

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 07:59 PM
yeah and in photoshop you can hold space to move around selections, ctrl to add to a selection, and alt to subtract from a selection. That way you don't have to select the whole bit you are selecting at once.

Lots of keyboard shortcuts in photoshop. Those are must reads. I hardly click on the tools as I know most of their hotkeys by heart.

How much is Photoshop? I like Picnik but it is only a shadow of Photshop.

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Ohhh okay. I see what you're saying. I'll go back, find the original picture, & resize it proportionally to that picture. And don't make Wolverine try and fit a certain way. Make the sig fit wolverine. :D

I don't mind at all. In fact it looks a lot better now and I stole it from you. :P
I'm using picnik so I can't exactly just grab and shrink. I have to find the exact proportions otherwise it will look strange.

There's a huge difference. Thank you for showing it to me otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it probablly lol.

Never heard of picnik. The program looks more like a basic image editing software but if you wanted to really try getting into making sigs just go here

http://www.gimp.org/

And download their program. It's a very basic version of Adobe Photoshop but it gets the job done well. It's going to take some time getting use to everything but it's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

And Photoshop is like +$600 if you don't go to a university or someplace that is partnered with them so use GIMP. :laugh:

jetrazor74
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
How much is Photoshop? I like Picnik but it is only a shadow of Photshop.

Never heard of picnik. The program looks more like a basic image editing software but if you wanted to really try getting into making sigs just go here

And download their program. It's a very basic version of Adobe Photoshop but it gets the job done well. It's going to take some time getting use to everything but it's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

I was just going to suggest GIMP. Pretty good for a free program.

broncoFan!
06-09-2011, 08:03 PM

And Photoshop is like +$600 if you don't go to a university or someplace that is partnered with them so use GIMP. :laugh:

Well I'm saving up for an iMac pretty soon so I may be able to download it then but for now my dad doesn't like me downloading things onto his computer & my laptop doesn't have enough space for it currently.

Picnik is good enough for me.

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Well I'm saving up for an iMac pretty soon so I may be able to download it then but for now my dad doesn't like me downloading things onto his computer & my laptop doesn't have enough space for it currently.

Picnik is good enough for me.

Well if you change your mind I'm pretty sure GIMP is a fairly small sized program.

12and4
06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
I tried to get used to gimp but couldn't... but yeah its a viable option for sure.

broncoFan!
06-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I tried to get used to gimp but couldn't... but yeah its a viable option for sure.

That's part of the problem too yah. I had a problem with the whole set up.