PDA

View Full Version : Will Farve make amends with Packers/ Rodgers

tebowgirl15
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Well it looks like Brett Farve maybe really done after 20 years of playing football in the NFL. Will he make amends with the Packers and Rodgers if one day they do plan on retiring his number. Also will it was reported that Farve never called Rodgers to offer his congrats on the Packers winning the Superbowl. I think it would be a nice gesture for him to have a relationship with Rodgers like Elway/Tebow do. I think it would be really cool if Farve asks Rodgers to be his sponsor for his Hall in Fame induction weekend in Canton , Ohio because the two of them will be forever linked in Packers history.

dsmith275
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Rodgers will make the Packer fans forget all about Farve. He has allready won one super bowl and has a great chance at another one in the near future. Favre was one of the most overated QBs of all time in my opinion. I do have a moment of Favre's carrer that I love and can watch over and over again however SUPER BOWL XXXII!!!

demonicbroncos
06-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Rodgers will make the Packer fans forget all about Farve. He has allready won one super bowl and has a great chance at another one in the near future. Favre was one of the most overated QBs of all time in my opinion. I do have a moment of Favre's carrer that I love and can watch over and over again however SUPER BOWL XXXII!!!

three time MVP for Farve is nothing to sneeze at. He did more that most quarterbacks would ever do. I'm sure that the Packers organization would make amends with Favre but Favre with Rodgers is a different story.

-Rod-
06-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Some players know when it's time to hang the cleats. John Elway, Jerome Bettis. Okay, they did it right after winning the Super Bowl, making the decision easier. Kurt Warner was classy. He retired and made it clear that he is not coming back. Brett Favre made a bad decision and stained his legacy with the Packers. Even worse, he signed with the division rival (after his second retirement, by the way) to show who was the best man for the job. And he lost.

Despite an epic regular season, his last playoff game will be remembered by that ugly interception when the Vikings were trying to kick a field goal. His latest retirement came after a miserable season. He was known for being the ironman that does not miss games, and his streak ended in 2010. What a sad way to leave the game. And damn, Aaron Rodgers is good. He probably won't play long enough to break Favre's stats, but he might finish his career with more rings.

What Favre did was stupid. He retired in March, returned in July, retired again after 1 season with the Jets, returned once again... Unbelievable. The Packers are doing the right thing, focusing on the present with Rodgers. Forget about retiring Favre's jersey, at least for a while. I hate when a team retires a jersey, but whatever. They will do it. When? I have no idea. Let Favre sink in his own arrogance until he can at least offer some kind of public apology.

I would even like to see the Packers drafting a late round quarterback and let him wear #4. That would be awesome. And yes, it was reported that Favre did not call Rodgers after the Super Bowl. Rodgers also mentioned that once he phoned Favre and he never called back. Rodgers seems to have a strong personality and I think he's more than ready to create his own legacy and let Favre rot.

InsaneBlaze23
06-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Hmm, a lot of hate and dislike on Favre, I guess that's to be expected.

However saying he is the most overrated QB is a little much, he threw allot of INT's, but he pretty much broke almost every QB record, with the closet person to coming close to any of his records is Manning. Favre was good, and he is a legend, and will be a first ballot hall of famer, no matter the dislike and hate for him.

As for his relationship with the Packers, well last month on ESPN they talked about it, and the Packers VP talked about, and he made it clear that the Packers do plan on retiring his jersey sometime between 2012-2014. There is no set date, the VP just said, it will be retired soon, but not this season.

As for any player having there jersey retired, I think it's a honor to have it, but should not be just giving out to anybody that played well on there team. For example, I for one don't like that Detroit retired Dennis Rodman's jersey.

But I do think Brett's jersey should be retired, yeah his ego is large and he is arrogant, but he loved the game, played for the game not the money, he was good, a record breaker, a crowd grabber,etc. So way not.

Now as for him and Rodgers, no one knows. It may never happen, or it could have tomorrow. When it comes to Brett, you just don't know. Aaron would gladly talk him and has tired to in the past, but it's not Aaron's fault, it's Brett's and Brett's only. His dumb ego is getting the best of him.

The only person who has spoken with Brett from the Packers, since the super bowl, has been there VP. So nobody knows what's gonna happen, and nobody has info on Brett other than the VP.

100%Broncoholic
06-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Maybe Favre should call Tebow or Beckham about getting a modeling job...

It would be interesting to hear their fans thoughts. I'm sure this topic is on their boards.

InsaneBlaze23
06-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Maybe Favre should call Tebow or Beckham about getting a modeling job...

It would be interesting to hear their fans thoughts. I'm sure this topic is on their boards.

As someone who is a member of the Packers boards, it is something that is talked about often.

Most of the posters, still love Favre, they have lost respect for him, but still loves him. In of course there is the ones that hate his guts, mainly because he contact Aaron and that he went to the Vikes.

Charlie Brown
06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't like Favre and I never liked Favre.

He was an extremely selfish player and cared nothing for his team.

The Packers should never retire his number.

Southstander
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Who is "Will Favre"?

dsmith275
06-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Its easy to break all the records in the NFL when you play long enough funny how you never hear about him having the int record. He was a tough qb and yeah a good qb but I just don't like him and yes overated! Ill admit most overated of all time is a bit harsh! Add in the fact he is a jerk for me just hard to like the guy.