PDA

View Full Version : How will you celebrate the end of the lockout?!

Shiz
06-18-2011, 06:01 PM
This is a fun thread. So let's hear it!!!:salute:

Canmore
06-18-2011, 06:04 PM
This is a fun thread. So let's hear it!!!:salute:

Assuming it happens this season, I'll call my brother and say "I was wrong, there is a season this year".

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Uhh, just be happy?

Fantasy football for sure.

-Rod-
06-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I won't celebrate. The damage is already done IMO. Fox and the rest of the staff will try to do the best they can to prepare the players before the season starts. But I guess it will be a mess.

#1BRONCSFAN
06-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I won't celebrate. The damage is already done IMO. Fox and the rest of the staff will try to do the best they can to prepare the players before the season starts. But I guess it will be a mess.

Not if its all over before training camp it wont

-Rod-
06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Not if its all over before training camp it wont

1 month to adjust the offense to McCoy's playbook (probably with a new running scheme) and to teach a whole new 4-3 defense. Not to mention the poor rookies, they won't know what hit them when the Raiders get on the field. And apparently the coaching staff still wants to create a QB competiton, which will be a disaster. I think Orton will remain on the roster and start week 1.

Cardoso
06-18-2011, 07:06 PM
1 month to adjust the offense to McCoy's playbook (probably with a new running scheme) and to teach a whole new 4-3 defense. Not to mention the poor rookies, they won't know what hit them when the Raiders get on the field. And apparently the coaching staff still wants to create a QB competiton, which will be a disaster. I think Orton will remain on the roster and start week 1.

I think Orton's days here are done, but I do agree this has already affected our team probably most than most. This was a bad bad year for a lockout to hit the NFL for us Bronco fans.

Chidoze
06-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Huge party, with streamers and those annoying noise makers. Beer.....LOTS of beer, pizza and nacho's with some chicken tacos and football on the bigscreen and probably some streaking going on but that's after the beer. Mmmm and then maybe break dancing. I can see it now.... :thumb:

SoundsOfSuccess
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
I'll still be frustrated and non-celebratory.

Yes, there will be football, but the damage has been done.

Buckin' Bronco
06-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Have a few beers at the beach.
:salute:

Tony
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I'll probably preorder madden 12. :coffee:

Frenchy180
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Damage has been done. OTA's have been missed, free agency delayed, meetings missed. As far as I'm concerned two a day's need to start the day the CBA is signed.

psychobilly
06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I voted 'other'. I will celebrate by opening my Christmas presents - or not at all if I see Orton in the lineup.

nic.zeman24
06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Other ill be celebrating the start of training camp

BroncoooJohnson
06-18-2011, 09:58 PM

don't sound too positive.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I'll go to the bar and do a shot. Then 5 minutes later when Orton is traded, I'll do another, then another, then another, and so on and so forth. Can't wait.

Canmore
06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
:laugh:
I'll go to the bar and do a shot. Then 5 minutes later when Orton is traded, I'll do another, then another, then another, and so on and so forth. Can't wait.

:laugh:

Bernie24
06-18-2011, 11:07 PM

Ill do this just not at a bar

I dont think they'd like that

Frenchy180
06-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Ill do this just not at a bar

I dont think they'd like that
Well, if you were of legal drinking age, they'd love it :laugh:

Bernie24
06-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, if you were of legal drinking age, they'd love it :laugh:

ssssshhhhhhhh

:P

Den615
06-18-2011, 11:15 PM

Shots of JD to remember (or forget) Orton?:D

Canmore
06-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Shots of JD to remember (or forget) Orton?:D

Is there any other kind? :D

marcus_miller
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I've been waiting for the draft hat. Also want a Champ jersey but, takes longer to save that up anyway.

BroncoFanBoy
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, we don't have enough people talking about the Kyle Orton trade talk, so I'm gonna participate in that! :salute:

BluenOrnge4Life
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Shots of JD to remember (or forget) Orton?:DShots of JD & Jameson. I don't think I can do enough to forget. :P

broncoFan!
06-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't know... probablly have a Coke or two. :confused: I just feel sort of glass-half empty sort of attitude around here. Just frustrated with the NFL personally, because the NFL has some great fans from some great teams. Football fans are awesome, and it seems like the NFL is making us wear crocs and shooting us in the foot.

I feel like we need to get the NFL to realize that there is an economic recession out there and that the reality is that people want to have some fun in football. So live and let live. Give a little!!

ERoyal248
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll be happy, but the rookies will have a lot to learn in a short period of time plus learning a new defensive scheme. Add in we may not trade Orton depending on the CBA.

I'll be glad if/when it's over, but won't do nothing that outrageous.

Bernie24
06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Remember everyone

All the other teams new rookies and players have to learn all there ish in just a month as well

Also a month(when in learning overdrive) is enough time to learn just enough

Sync
06-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Sacrifice a goat.

Bernie24
06-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Sacrifice a goat.

Well that obviously

We're talking about what we do after we all sacrifice our respective goats

MH Stampede
06-19-2011, 02:42 AM
By sitting back, drinking a tall one, and watching real football news soak in.

JayJack
06-19-2011, 02:53 AM
I won't be doing any celebration. I'll be to busy praying that we don't make any pressure moves trying to aquire a DT (Overpaying financially or through draft picks) since there won't be alot of time for the FA players to make all of the possible visits with interested teams.

I'll be excited, but like ROD said, the damage is done.

BroncosFanInPA
06-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure there is any need to celebrate because if there is no football this year life goes on. I think a better way to describe it might be i'd be glad that there will be football, but like i said if not then life goes on & i'm not gonna lose no sleep over it because qiute frankly there are alot more important things in life.

I'm not trying to rain on any parade here, but i just don't think that with everything that has gone on that there is anything worthy of celebrating.

Frankenpost
06-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow...Just thinking about Free Agency signings, Rookie signings, trades, and actually hearing Elway and Fox talking about the team on the news again.

The boards here have taken a beating in this lockout, it'll be nice to talk about the actual start of a season rather then typical Teborton Propaganda. :coffee:

FL BRONCO
06-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm gonna hug my wife (for a while) then have a shot, chase it with a beer. Then I'll organize a betting pool based on when Orton will be traded and where he will go ( If he's not already gone)then I'll have some more shots chased by beer and hug my wife a lot more.:D

qbronco
06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I voted for "Other."

I will be relieved, but I won't be celebrating.

I will probably be combing over any material I can find on free agents and trades. I am anxious to see what the final roster and depth chart will look like.

Southstander
06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe a fist pump and that's about it.

RealBronco
06-19-2011, 01:15 PM
definitely WON'T be buying anything football related this season, even if there is a season. both sides need to realize neither of them make the other money. it's US.

BroncoManiac_69
06-19-2011, 01:22 PM
I think we all are going to require some serious patience with our team this season. With a new coach, new ideas and a possible trade of Orton with Tebow getting the keys, we are basically starting all over again on a much shorter time scale.

I will celebrate the end of the lockout with a beverage and look forward to some football. I can only imagine how much of a set back the Broncos would take if there was no play at all this season so ending this mess will at least let us take some steps forward with the rebuilding process.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I won't be doing any celebration. I'll be to busy praying that we don't make any pressure moves trying to aquire a DT (Overpaying financially or through draft picks) since there won't be alot of time for the FA players to make all of the possible visits with interested teams.

I'll be excited, but like ROD said, the damage is done.

I don't know how much 'damage is done.' Training camp i still a little ways off, and most former players will tell you that you don't gain hardly anything from OTAS.

Bronco/Husker
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
At least every other Team in the League is in the same boat. Our exception is getting a new QB ready, and getting a (hopefully) better D off the ground.

EddieMac
06-19-2011, 03:31 PM
There is no need to spike the football. Act like you've been there before.

Life moves on, training camp, pre season, etc.

Dean
06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Sacrifice a goat.

I know what you mean. Virgins have become almost impossible to find.

LSIGRAD09
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Streaking in my yard. Oh yeah.:thumb:

JayJack
06-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know how much 'damage is done.' Training camp i still a little ways off, and most former players will tell you that you don't gain hardly anything from OTAS.

For us, the lockout is the worst thing that could've happened. We have a new HC, we need to install a new defense, and we have atleast 4 rookies that we had high hopes for to be day 1 starters.

So even though most former players would tell you that you don't gain hardly anything from OTA's, we are a 4-12 team that could take advantage of every chance we get to get on the field, the weight room, and in the class room.

If a deal can get done real soon, then all isn't lost, but we could have definately taken advantage of a full offseason.

False Start
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Other: Play wait n' see.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
For us, the lockout is the worst thing that could've happened. We have a new HC, we need to install a new defense, and we have atleast 4 rookies that we had high hopes for to be day 1 starters.

So even though most former players would tell you that you don't gain hardly anything from OTA's, we are a 4-12 team that could take advantage of every chance we get to get on the field, the weight room, and in the class room.

If a deal can get done real soon, then all isn't lost, but we could have definately taken advantage of a full offseason.
I don't believe the damage has been done though. A lot of the rookies got the playbook when the lockout was lifted, and they can give copies to other teammates.

There isn't any on field coaching that's going to be going on right now because we aren't into training camp. If training camp is missed or shortened, I will then agree with you.

-Rod-
06-20-2011, 09:17 PM

I don't believe the damage has been done though. A lot of the rookies got the playbook when the lockout was lifted, and they can give copies to other teammates.

There isn't any on field coaching that's going to be going on right now because we aren't into training camp. If training camp is missed or shortened, I will then agree with you.

Players get coached during OTAs and minicamps. And then the information is passed one more time during training camp.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8203c4f4/Mangini-The-rookies-are-already-behind

Maybe for a veteran cornerback like Champ Bailey, this offseason training is not so important. But for many young players, it is. Especially for a young QB like Tebow, and the rookies that will play defense.

There will be 1 month to pass all information and get the players ready. There won't be much competition, and the coaches will have to be selective. There will be no time to be very specific and coach each player with patience.

For example, look at the players switching from 3-4 LB to 4-3 DE. Ayers, Veikune, possibily Haggan. Hunter is also moving back to DE. Fox, Allen and Nunnely will have to install the playbook, teach the concepts, show film. Not enough time left to patiently help each player with his technique and details of his game, correct the small things.

At QB, in my opinion, it is 100% guaranteed that Orton won't be traded and he will be the starter this season. Elway and Fox made it clear that there will be a wide open competition at QB, which means Orton will not be traded ASAP. He will stay and compete.

And there will be no time for the coaching staff to make any new decision related to the QB position. The repetitions will be very limited, especially with a 3rd QB (Quinn) in the mix. Who's #1 will remain #1, who's #2 will remain #2. Unless the coaches are biased and name Tebow the starter after the first accurate deep pass.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Players get coached during OTAs and minicamps. And then the information is passed one more time during training camp.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8203c4f4/Mangini-The-rookies-are-already-behind

Maybe for a veteran cornerback like Champ Bailey, this offseason training is not so important. But for many young players, it is. Especially for a young QB like Tebow, and the rookies that will play defense.

There will be 1 month to pass all information and get the players ready. There won't be much competition, and the coaches will have to be selective. There will be no time to be very specific and coach each player with patience.

For example, look at the players switching from 3-4 LB to 4-3 DE. Ayers, Veikune, possibily Haggan. Hunter is also moving back to DE. Fox, Allen and Nunnely will have to install the playbook, teach the concepts, show film. Not enough time left to patiently help each player with his technique and details of his game, correct the small things.

At QB, in my opinion, it is 100% guaranteed that Orton won't be traded and he will be the starter this season. Elway and Fox made it clear that there will be a wide open competition at QB, which means Orton will not be traded ASAP. He will stay and compete.

And there will be no time for the coaching staff to make any new decision related to the QB position. The repetitions will be very limited, especially with a 3rd QB (Quinn) in the mix. Who's #1 will remain #1, who's #2 will remain #2. Unless the coaches are biased and name Tebow the starter after the first accurate deep pass.

I understand that. I'm not saying that OTAS aren't at all beneficial to rookies, but I am saying that I don't think there isn't anything they can't make up in camp. I don't think a loss of OTAS is causing irreparable harm to the rookies. These guys are professional athletes who have been playing football their whole lives. I think they can catch up when training camp actually begins.

Training camp is like 6 weeks long? Plus they have 4 preseason games on top of that to get ready for the regular season. That's almost two months of preparation. Sure, more time would be beneficial, but I think they can adapt.

CanDB
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
For over 4 and 1/2 months during the lockout, and even prior to that, I have been ticked off with The Owners and The Players for not getting the CBA done. So when will I forgive them, and how long will it take for me to forget?????

WELL LETS JUST SAY........

I'M ALMOST OVER IT!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ebsoria
07-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I'd say by friday you'll be like most of us and will have forgiven and forgotten.

MightyHorse
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM
I've forgiven them already but had we lost games that would be a different story.

#87Birdman
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
I will in say about negative 3 minutes ago.

PowderAddict
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
As long as the games aren't effected I'm pretty much over it :salute:

DenBroFan22
07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
There is nothing to forgive for me, but I do have to wonder what the heck they were doing all this time.

I mean, everything seems to have been done pretty quick. Like they could have discussed and finalized everything within 2-3 months, but they decided to do it last minute.

Maybe the players and owners just wanted some time off.

Jay3
07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm over it!

DenverBlood
07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm completely over it since no games were missed not even pointless preseason games. I would've even forgiven missing a few of those as long as it was ready to go by week 1.

It's almost better this way because now we get a crazy crampacked couple of weeks of free agency, trade talks and camps with preseason. It's going to be a blast.

#87Birdman
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey I look at it this way this long wait really didn't do anything except take away some of the camps, but you know what this crazy week with the signings is going to be great and make up for missing some camps. LETS GET BACK TO FOOTBALL!!

Hoserman117
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I've never even been mad at them :P

ERoyal248
07-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm over it, i'm somewhat mad it took this long, just glad we didn't lose any games.

Once we sign some FA's, i'm sure all will be forgotten.

CanDB
07-25-2011, 11:40 AM
oh wait.......this is the newly energized, trendy CanDB taking a shot at it...

"I'm so over it!"

:rolleyes:

as if...............
;)

BroncoFanNC
07-25-2011, 11:40 AM
If the on field product has suffered severly you may not get over it this year....

jcdavey
07-25-2011, 12:13 PM
i'm already over it since i already dislike preseason games

oh wow we lost the hof game, boo hoo

technically, nothing was missed in terms of real games

DarkHorse26
07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm just glad to have football back and to put this whole mess behind us... until 2021...

rainmaker
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Remember all the threads about the NFL losing fans and revenue over this?

We all knew they weren't going to lose anything the NFL is just as popular as ever and in fact even more exciting to watch with all the flurry of activity in FA and trades and UDFA rookies signings... the list goes on.

I am so stoked for the next ten days to see whats gonna happen,

Ask yourself , do you know anyone who left their fandom of the NFL over this?

These guys knew all along they were risking very little.

Now taking away the physicality and contact slowly over time is a different story...

RockyMtnConvert
07-25-2011, 12:25 PM
For over 4 and 1/2 months during the lockout, and even prior to that, I have been ticked off with The Owners and The Players for not getting the CBA done. So when will I forgive them, and how long will it take for me to forget?????

I could care less about the lockout honestly. As long as it didn't effect the season it was like it didn't happen. The only casulaty is the HOF game- that was always a nice kick off the NFL season.

86rocco
07-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Forgive and forget for what?

This is the off season. What happened? What did I miss?:D

:goz::smash::thumb::salute:

BroncosFanInPA
07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
What is there to forgive? It's not like any of us know the players personally. It had no effect on my life.

FL BRONCO
07-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I never was really mad especially at the players cause they didn't start the lockout. That said I feel really bad for those people within the organizations who were laid off or had schedules cut because of this. And as it turns out it really looks like it was never necessary. I think it will take them a lil longer to get over it. I would hope the owners would be classy enough to reimburse them since it wasn't their fault and no games will be lost but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

KRich
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
I was over it as soon as I heard the agreement was signed!

Freyaka
07-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Hmm what....there was a lockout? I forgot I was too excited that free agency was about to start!!!!

samparnell
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM

Take the 2011 season off. :D

FL BRONCO
07-25-2011, 01:50 PM
I never was really mad especially at the players cause they didn't start the lockout. That said I feel really bad for those people within the organizations who were laid off or had schedules cut because of this. And as it turns out it really looks like it was never necessary. I think it will take them a lil longer to get over it. I would hope the owners would be classy enough to reimburse them since it wasn't their fault and no games will be lost but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'll call myself out on this one and get the taste of foot out of my mouth.

Per shefter--Dolphins and Jets will reimburse workers who lost money during lockout

Classy move guys--nothin but respect for ya :salute:

CanDB
07-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Take the 2011 season off. :D

Oh no.....now we have to go thru a long season of GD and it's amazing ability to tear down anything sacred......I'm sure we've ripped apple pie, green grass, fresh air, and yes, maybe even motherhood.....GD makes the CBA negotiations look like a tea party.

It's the old......Be careful what you wish for......

;)

BullyBronco
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
as of 7/25/11 they are forgiven.

DishWater
07-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Not long. We didn't miss any football Sundays.

No big deal; we'll have forgotten this lockout by this time next week...

ParkHill-71
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
I was over it as soon as I heard the agreement was signed!

Im with you!!!

samparnell
07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh no.....now we have to go thru a long season of GD and it's amazing ability to tear down anything sacred......I'm sure we've ripped apple pie, green grass, fresh air, and yes, maybe even motherhood.....GD makes the CBA negotiations look like a tea party.

It's the old......Be careful what you wish for......

;)

No tea party. :eek:

CanDB
07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
No tea party. :eek:

sorry Sam.....forgot about the difference (in the US) between a tea party and a political tea party......

Shiz
07-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Cheers! I'm having a brew!:salute:

nyuk nyuk
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I just ate a bowl of corn flakes! :smug:

FL BRONCO
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Cheers! I'm having a brew!:salute:

yep me 2 and right now toasting u and the rest of bronco nation---LET THE MADNESS BEGIN:beer:

LSIGRAD09
07-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey, I forgive them, they are getting stuff done, unlike some other well known "negotiators."

I'll leave that up to imagination.
:thumb:

WOO! FOOTBALL!

Phise
07-25-2011, 04:21 PM
[x] Spend countless hours on the denverbroncos.com forums in pointed debate about valid, worthwhile, and constructive roster maneuvers for the Broncos

(Voted for Orton trade talk option)

samparnell
07-25-2011, 05:17 PM
By paying attention.

JCJE
07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
it's also my b-day so I was already going to celebrate with my favorite beverage.

nickmeyer
07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I won't celebrate until this team is winning agian. Glad the lockout is over but disappointed the Broncos don't have much time to prepare for the start of the season.