PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Contenders?

West
10-04-2004, 05:25 PM
who do you guys think are some true contenders? i think with the new oklahoma style o i think adrian peterson has as good a shot as any

OrangePeel
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
its kyle orton's to lose right now. and if not him then peterson, brad smith, or maybe leinart if USC goes undefeated.

broncofan303
10-04-2004, 06:02 PM
My pick would be a darn shame, but Jason White... he's a very average QB, but with WR's he have, they make him look great... Clayton, Jones, Peoples, Rankins, Wilson... it's just not fair... but the way Adrian Peterson has been playing, he deserves to be the best player award...

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Jason White, Adrian Peterson, and Braylon Edwards:D

Zanataki
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I am pulling for Brad Smith. He is just a great scrambling QB and can make passes.

thesaint
10-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately for OU fans I think Jason White and Adrian Peterson will cancel each other out.

I think Leinart and Orton are the favorites.

Losing to Troy State ended Brad Smith's hopes.

Bokyong
10-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Timmy Chang from Hawaii. He will break Ty Detmers all time NCAA Passing yards record.

thesaint
10-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bokyong
Timmy Chang from Hawaii. He will break Ty Detmers all time NCAA Passing yards record.

I like Chang but he's not even playing in a BCS conference and they lost to Rice and Florida Atlantic. He wont even get an invite.

Ohio Broncos
10-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I personally like Reggie Bush. I think that Leinart would have already fell out of the Heisman picture if it wasn't for Reggie Bush.

rcsodak
10-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Lienart has looked average this year. Almost losing last week and not having knockout games is killing him. I look for them to lose this week to Cal.
White is probably the best deep passer in the game, but he does get rattled when rushed. I guess having 2 knees blownout can do that to ya. Lets see what he does in the next couple games.
Peterson? I love him, but when was the last time a true freshman won it? And if he doesn't get a little lower when running, he'll end up like Marcus Dupree.....
Bush? Great name but not outstanding games, thus far.
I agree, its Orton's to lose. He's carrying the team and looking great in the process. Will they ever play a good team this year? imo

West
10-04-2004, 09:52 PM
the numbers peterson is putting up its not impossible

okstatebronc
10-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Vernand Morency. 700+ yards in four games. Not biased but this guy is impressive.

rcsodak
10-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by okstatebronc
Vernand Morency. 700+ yards in four games. Not biased but this guy is impressive.

I will give him some credit, seeings how they have zero passing game. But who have they played?

We'll see how he does this month before annointing him.....

caveatemptor
10-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Cedric Benson - and he's on record as saying that's what's most important to him.....

rcsodak
10-04-2004, 11:53 PM
...and I'm sure his teammates really appreciated that remark.....:rolleyes:

ARBroncos
10-05-2004, 12:11 AM
cedric could win if they win the red river shoot out which the won't

Bush will cancel Leinhart out.

looks like Orton has it in hand so far

OrangeShadow
10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Kyle Orton

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 05:23 AM
David Pollack!
No, really though, I think David Greene, Jason White, and Kyle Orton are the frontrunners IMO.
I dont' think anybody even mentinoned David Greene yet?

thesaint
10-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Youre right, should UGA keep winning David Greene will be right there. He performance against LSU (5 TD's) sure doesnt hurt.

Of course he's still got some tough games left....

;)

stavros
10-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Utes QB Alex Smith.

goochster
10-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Honestly AD will not win the heisman as a Freshman. Will never happen. Jason White if he wins out will double win it. Cedric Benson is a joke. His hopes will fall when they lose to Oklahoma..(i hope im not jynxing myself) USC QB Lienart or whatever his name is will fall when they lose to California this weekend. Utah's QB looks impressive. USC RB is good but heisman material? He's had some good games California will be his true test. I just still think Jason White as long as they win out will win the Heisman again. Why wouldn't you give it to him?? He had awesome recievers last year and still won it. Has awesome recievers this year again plus a running game that lowers his stats but you can't deny him another hiesman if Oklahoma wins out. He would have to really just look poor to not win it. The hiesman Honestly is becoming a joke. They are not baseing it on the best overall player its starting to look like who is undefeated....ok now who has the best stats out of them teams...Ok he is the winner. Its all about winning your games. Only reason White won it last year was because they voted before he lost in the Big 12 and National Championship. Will not happen this year they will wait until after the Big 12 Championship to vote if OU goes undeafeated. I see AD possibly winning two hiesmans in his career as long as he can stay healthy and keep up his numbers. Lets hope the Broncos will draft him when he becomes legal.
The person that wins the Hiesman this year will be from a team that is undeafeated. OU only undeafeated team White will win it...Texas Only undeafeated Bensen...Miami only undeafeated i have no clue definately not Berlin. USC will go with QB. if USC and OU both undeafeated i would still have to say Jason White but that probably will be a toss up with Him or USC QB...which could still go to Jason White because USC RB would take away some votes from USC QB. Would AD possibly take away some points from Jason White....NO WAY there will never be a freshman win the hiesman trophy. As much as I would like to see it happen. I just honestly don't think he will even be considered. Maurice Clarett.....did he get any votes when Ohio State was on top??

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by goochster
Lets hope the Broncos will draft him when he becomes legal.

Your kidding me, right?

Peerless
10-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Anthony Davis whoo!

goochster
10-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Ok I will give you David Greene as well as a contender but lets be honest with the whole Heisman process. You honestly think if Jason White keeps his numbers up with the way they are playing and Oklahoma wins out. He will not win the heisman again?? Come on Im not being a Jason White Homer but lets be realistic. The heisman is not based on overall best player in college football. IF it was then players with more than one loss teams would still be contenders. The heisman is not always for players that should be great in the NFL either. AKA Nebraska's QB that won it. Where is he. As well as Jason White. Great college QB but can he make it in the NFL....still a ? in my mind.

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Bro, i'm not doubting that Jason White has as good a chance as anyone else to win the heisman, because he does.
My comment was strictly in relation to you saying let's hope the broncos draft him.
This guy will be lucky to be drafted at all i think. He's not NFL material.

goochster
10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
OH no My remark was not based on us drafting Jason White as a QB. NO way I was talking about Adrian Peterson....AKA AD. Would be nice to be able to see him in a Broncos Uniform but Im sure he will get picked higher as long as he keeps his stats and performance up.

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
my bad

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by goochster
Ok I will give you David Greene as well as a contender but lets be honest with the whole Heisman process. You honestly think if Jason White keeps his numbers up with the way they are playing and Oklahoma wins out. He will not win the heisman again?? Come on Im not being a Jason White Homer but lets be realistic. The heisman is not based on overall best player in college football. IF it was then players with more than one loss teams would still be contenders. The heisman is not always for players that should be great in the NFL either. AKA Nebraska's QB that won it. Where is he. As well as Jason White. Great college QB but can he make it in the NFL....still a ? in my mind.
Yup, the Heisman winner is always going to come from a team that at the very very very worst might lose two games. But that's the case with most MVP awards...they usually are given to the best player on one of the best teams.

Seto
10-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Jason White will easily win it.

Peerless
10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
But Anthony Davis...... lol

Seto
10-05-2004, 06:14 PM
If Ohio State wins the National Championship, will there kicker win the Heisman???

that would be messed up

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by B4Bronco16
But Anthony Davis...... lol
lo...no, but seriously, he's a pretty darn good running back and if wisconsin plays really well....nothing's impossible.

Seto
10-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
who do you guys think are some true contenders? i think with the new oklahoma style o i think adrian peterson has as good a shot as any

if you can name me the last time a freshman #2 RB won the Heisman, i may start to beleive that.

I think Adrian is the best, but he is still our #2 and is not Heisman material YET