PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Most Hated QB (NFL.com)

PSUbroncofan
07-25-2011, 04:24 PM
What do Kristen Cavallari and the Chicago Bears have in common? Jay Cutler quit on both of them.

Too soon?

All right, that's enough with the jokes from here on out. There will be no mention of how Cutler treated his engagement like it was the 2010 NFC Championship Game. And certainly, there will be no jokes about Caleb Hanie vying to take over Cutler's role in that engagement.

There will be absolutely no jokes about that.

But it does seem odd -- or at least coincidental -- that Cutler would call off his engagement on the same weekend that Ben Roethlisberger got married. Cutler and Roethlisberger are certainly in contention for the most vilified quarterback in the NFL. (Yes, I see you, Michael Vick haters. But considering the number of endorsements Vick has been getting, combined with the number of fantasy football leagues he won for people last year, he is certainly moving past his unpleasantness.)

So who is currently the more unlikeable quarterback? Is it Roethlisberger or Cutler? Let's break this down scientifically.

Which quarterback do you root against the most?

Jay Cutler
Ben Roethlisberger

How they spent their weekend:
Cutler: Ending his engagement.
Roethlisberger: Entering into holy matrimony.
Disadvantage: Cutler. (Give credit to Roethlisberger. At least one Steeler got a ring this year.)

Disliked by:
Cutler: Bears fans, Broncos fans, Josh McDaniels, Fans of "The Hills".
Roethlisberger: Seahawks fans who still believe he hasn't scored a touchdown in Super Bowl XL, Tommy Maddox, polite society.
Disadvantage: Roethlisberger (because we forget to mention motorists).

Blamed for:
Roethlisberger: Steelers losing Super Bowl XLV.
Cutler: Bears losing the NFC Championship Game.
Disadvantage: Cutler.

What his linebacker says:
Cutler: Brian Urlacher defended Cutler after the NFC Championship Game.
Roethlisberger: James Harrison called him out in a magazine article, though the linebacker quickly offered an apology and showed up for the quarterback's wedding. So in other words, Harrison dissed his quarterback and got a free meal out of him.
Disadvantage: Roethlisberger.

Super Bowls:
Roethlisberger: Won two.
Cutler: Has only watched it on TV like the rest of us.

You can almost hear Roethlisberger's publicist screaming, "Smile Ben, smile!"
How he feels about his public image:
Culter: Clearly doesn't care.
Roethlisberger: Obviously taking PR lessons from somebody, considering that he now carries on like a politician following a damning scandal. He smiles so much now, it looks like his face hurts.

Compared to:
Roethlisberger: Terry Bradshaw.
Cutler: Jeff George.

Nickname:
Cutler: Grumpy.
Roethlisberger: Big Ben, a bunch of stuff we can't print.

Undone by his own:
Roethlisberger: Bad decisions, risk-taking, gun-slinging ways.
Cutler: Bad decisions, risk-taking, blood sugar.

By this breakdown, Cutler is narrowly the most vilified quarterback in the NFL.

Gotta love it!!

Peerless
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
He's still my boy!

Charlie Brown
07-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Unlike the writer of that article, I don't consider Diabetes to be a laughing matter.

My aunt and my father suffer from diabetes and I find it offensive that somebody would openly mock another person that suffers from that disease.

On a related note, Cutler isn't the greatest QB. I wouldn't want him on the Browns and when there was all that hooplah about him "maybe" going to the Browns I was against it from the start. That said, though, I find much of this criticism of him to be ridiculous.

AznBroncoFan
07-26-2011, 12:12 AM
No mention of the the guy getting away with rape..possibly twice if not more. Good job writer.

-Rod-
07-26-2011, 04:36 AM
On a related note, Cutler isn't the greatest QB. I wouldn't want him on the Browns and when there was all that hooplah about him "maybe" going to the Browns I was against it from the start. That said, though, I find much of this criticism of him to be ridiculous.

When was the last time the Browns had a QB who was at least as good as Jay Cutler?

Sync
07-26-2011, 05:22 AM
I choked on my coffee when I read "undone by his own... blood sugar".

ebsoria
07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
"Super Bowls:
Roethlisberger: Won two.
Cutler: Has only watched it on TV like the rest of us.
Disadvantage: Cutler."

Not true. I seem to recall Cutler once saying he doesn't watch football.

BarkdogRX7
07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
When was the last time the Browns had a QB who was at least as good as Jay Cutler?

HAHAHA right! Charlie has a post that says "I was against (Insert name) coming here from the beginning, I hate the guy" he doesn't like anyone nor is ANYONE good enough to play for his beloved squad. He'd be a 7 win team if he had Cutler lol

Charlie Brown
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM

Derek Anderson put up a season that is very Cutler-esque.

Lots of interceptions and a lot of touchdowns. In fact, Anderson shares the same gunslinger attitude that embodies Jay Cutler.

LordTrychon
07-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Lots of interceptions and a lot of touchdowns. In fact, Anderson shares the same gunslinger attitude that embodies Jay Cutler.

He lacks the 'Manage to start in the NFL for more than short stints at a time' that Cutler seems to have.

BluenOrnge4Life
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM

He had one decent season in the NFL. Before & after that season, he's been atrocious. When has he ever played in any meaningful games? Playoffs?

Charlie Brown
07-26-2011, 08:00 PM
He lacks the 'Manage to start in the NFL for more than short stints at a time' that Cutler seems to have.

He asked when was the last time the Browns had a QB play at the same calliber as Cutler. Anderson put up a season that is very similar to Cutler's average season. Before that, the last time the Browns had a QB of Cutler's calliber was ... Vinny Testaverde.

Hoserman117
07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I just heard on the radio in Austin of all places that his fiancee is calling off their wedding cause he was found doing "things" with some interns from ESPN.

Is that true?

Hoserman117
07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
WOAH. Charlie... don't like the new avatar :D Other one was better.

Charlie Brown
07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
WOAH. Charlie... don't like the new avatar :D Other one was better.

The old one was pretty bad.

I just grabbed the old symbol for the Browns when I was growing up and gave the facemask a "grey" tint in Paint.

Looked too fake because ... it was.

Peerless
07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I just heard on the radio in Austin of all places that his fiancee is calling off their wedding cause he was found doing "things" with some interns from ESPN.

Is that true?

I think everything right now is just pure speculation.

I read an article about Kristen's 'friend' who said Jay was "very demanding."

These 'sources' are going to fly all over the place now that the wedding is called off, and they're split up.

Typical hollywood and media-fested BS.