PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young: Hasselbeck to the Niners, Orton to the Seahawks

thatkidhunt
07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
This job is Tebow's, its time for some people to eat crow, seriously.

It hasn't happened yet but it will, and I have been saying this for quite a while.

I honestly want to see the Orton advocates who claim that he would be here in 2011 and show face, now, and after the fact............

Man up.

Atwnbroncfan
07-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Orton is gone, but this is nothing more than speculation by Young. I dont think he really calls around like Schefter and Mort do. But maybe, Seattle is a fit.

-Rod-
07-25-2011, 06:36 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=187249

In the end, I think Kyle Orton will be traded to Seattle. Orton and the Broncos had a great game against the Seahwaks. Their staff still remembers that game, believe that. Just like Eric Mangini wanted Peyton Hillis after that 2008 game against the Jets. The NFC West is a weak division. The Seahawks made the playoffs last season. Pete Carroll might like his chances with Orton under center.

:D

thatkidhunt
07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=187249

:D

That thread is closed, and this one has nothing to do with Haynesworth my friend!!!!!!! :D

Amari24
07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Seattle would be a great spot. They'll soon learn that having Kyle Orton as your starting QB in a rebuilding state is the worst alternative ever. But hey, if they want Andrew Luck, it's a good plan for them.

Peerless
07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
If he goes to Seattle, he'll have a big receiver to constantly force the ball too. (ie Brandon Marshall = Mike Williams)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2011, 06:52 PM

It hasn't happened yet but it will, and I have been saying this for quite a while.

I honestly want to see the Orton advocates who claim that he would be here in 2011 and show face, now, and after the fact............

Man up.

So, you heard him say this on a telecast I'm guessing?

Did he say he had sources, or is he saying that he thinks it will happen based on his great wisdom? :D

Gimme' the scoop tkh. :thumb:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Seattle would be a great spot. They'll soon learn that having Kyle Orton as your starting QB in a rebuilding state is the worst alternative ever. But hey, if they want Andrew Luck, it's a good plan for them.

Seattle has a much better defense than we did. If they can generate a pass rush they would be scary. They're really good at stopping the run, have excellent LB's and a decent secondary. Their big problem was poor play at QB on the offensive side of the ball, and on D they didn't generate a pass rush. They're better than we were last year.

ERoyal248
07-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I've been saying for awhile he's gonna get traded, the writing has been on the wall for awhile now, only a matter of time.

Hopefully we get something good for him.

Jay3
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
So, you heard him say this on a telecast I'm guessing?

Did he say he had sources, or is he saying that he thinks it will happen based on his great wisdom? :D

Gimme' the scoop tkh. :thumb:

Great wisdom. I heard it. It wasn't presented as sourced. It was presented as just commentary/analysis/prediction.

CoryWinget81
07-25-2011, 07:08 PM

Man up.

There's no need to be an ass. We're all Broncos fans.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Great wisdom. I heard it. It wasn't presented as sourced. It was presented as just commentary/analysis/prediction.

Well, I personally want to see Orton traded, not because I strongly dislike him, but I just really like Tebow, and I'd like to see us get something for Orton while he's still under contract.

My line of questioning was premised under my level of respect for Steve Young.....or lack thereof. :D

Jay3
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, I personally want to see Orton traded, not because I strongly dislike him, but I just really like Tebow, and I'd like to see us get something for Orton while he's still under contract.

My line of questioning was premised under my level of respect for Steve Young.....or lack thereof. :D

Yep (on Young). But it was at least presented in a correct light -- as speculation.

It was premised on the idea that Hasselbeck is the more solid candidate, and that Orton will backfill him ( either at his own team or a team that can't get him).

But it ignored other possibilities with teams that aren't going for Hasselbeck.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Yep (on Young). But it was at least presented in a correct light -- as speculation.

It was premised on the idea that Hasselbeck is the more solid candidate, and that Orton will backfill him ( either at his own team or a team that can't get him).

But it ignored other possibilities with teams that aren't going for Hasselbeck.

I think Hasselbeck is a really good QB, but he just hasn't been right the last couple of years. I'd be really cautious signing him at his age with his injury history.

BroncosFanInPA
07-25-2011, 07:23 PM

Wow!! Temper Temper. :wave::orton::wave:

Jay3
07-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I think Hasselbeck is a really good QB, but he just hasn't been right the last couple of years. I'd be really cautious signing him at his age with his injury history.

I think so, too. I consider that the major flaw in Young's analysis. But maybe I'm wrong.

CoryWinget81
07-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow!! Temper Temper. :wave::orton::wave:

No temper here. I've known he was most likely gone for awhile now. Just remember whenever you rub someones face in dogcrap, you're face is just as close as the next guy.

BroncosFanInPA
07-25-2011, 07:31 PM
No temper here. I've known he was most likely gone for awhile now. Just remember whenever you rub someones face in dogcrap, you're face is just as close as the next guy.

Ok thx, have a nice day. :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I think so, too. I consider that the major flaw in Young's analysis. But maybe I'm wrong.

Young is probably assuming Matt can be the same guy he was two or three years ago. His athleticism is still there, but his decision making last year was questionable, at best. His TD to INT ratio was simply awful, and he seems to have reoccurring back problems.

CoryWinget81
07-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Ok thx, have a nice day. :salute:

Have a nice day? Why? Were you going somewhere?:D

thatkidhunt
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Who's being an ass? When you are right about something as dramatic as this should you not take pride in it?

I listened to people talk about how "STUPID I AM" to think for a second that not only is Orton gone but even moreso that he will still START for this team, and I told those people that they are outside of their mind, and was right, and I think you would be doing the same my man.

I know we are all Broncos fans, some of us have not been Orton fans and with good reason, I have tried to get behind him and watched him fail for nearly 20 games straight after we went 6-0 in 2009..........

It is what it is I guess, but hey, I still feel those who told me I was "An Idiot" need to man up and admit they were wrong, and also don't feel it makes me an ass, and I realize it hasn't happened yet, but it WILL, very, very soon.

Love ya Cory........

BluenOrnge4Life
07-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Who's being an ass? When you are right about something as dramatic as this should you not take pride in it?

I listened to people talk about how "STUPID I AM" to think for a second that not only is Orton gone but even moreso that he will still START for this team, and I told those people that they are outside of their mind, and was right, and I think you would be doing the same my man.

I know we are all Broncos fans, some of us have not been Orton fans and with good reason, I have tried to get behind him and watched him fail for nearly 20 games straight after we went 6-0 in 2009..........

It is what it is I guess, but hey, I still feel those who told me I was "An Idiot" need to man up and admit they were wrong, and also don't feel it makes me an ass, and I realize it hasn't happened yet, but it WILL, very, very soon.

Love ya Cory........

I'd have to agree. :salute: