PDA

View Full Version : What the heck are the raiders doing????

derence84
07-26-2011, 07:49 AM
All the teams have been busy signing udfa except them....they haven't done squat! What the heck are they thinking??*&%$#@?? Do they think they already have a superbowl caliber team that they don't need to add anymore players??? That their team is set and ready for the season???!!??? I am just so puzzled at them and just wanna see how are they gonna perform this year....what a joke!!!

DenBroFan22
07-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Al Davis took a catnap when the lockout began and hasn't woken up since.

BroncoNation818
07-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Al davis. nuff said.

jetdrumz
07-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Who cares? Let them fail!

InsaneBlaze23
07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
This should be in the smack section, not GD.

Anyways, maybe they didn't see any UFDA's they wanted or the ones they wanted got signed before they could make a offer.

cvnorton

lol wasn't he the only owner not to vote at some point for the owners......they probably couldn't awaken him from his nap lol

the0rangecrush
they have no money

flosstein
07-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Who cares? Let them fail!

Right! I hope they fail on every level and in every way!!!

the0rangecrush
07-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Raiders just got Sterling Moore take that OP lol

underrated29
07-26-2011, 07:54 AM
They made a lot of moves before the lockout began

Louich
07-26-2011, 07:55 AM

no no no, defreezing the thing takes time my friend!

On a serious note the are probably looking at the salary cap (seems they are above) and how to sign their rookies first

KWHIT97
They got all of their "projects" in the first couple rounds of the draft. Al figures instead of messing around with undrafted free agents he'd rather get the track stars and workout warriors in the draft. He has a plan damnit!

FL BRONCO
Its not al davis fault, no one actually wants to go their, oh wait maybe it is:D

Hoserman117
07-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Al Davis has been asleep. Remember how the Raiders "abstained" their CBA vote? Well it's just because he was asleep, and he still is.

DevilSpawn
07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
All the teams have been busy signing udfa except them....they haven't done squat! What the heck are they thinking??*&%$#@?? Do they think they already have a superbowl caliber team that they don't need to add anymore players??? That their team is set and ready for the season???!!??? I am just so puzzled at them and just wanna see how are they gonna perform this year....what a joke!!!
59-14. That's a joke. You guys should worry about your own team since you're currently the worst in the division.

Brakshow
07-26-2011, 08:32 AM
59-14. That's a joke. You guys should worry about your own team since you're currently the worst in the division.

/thread :(.....

Sync
07-26-2011, 08:35 AM
59-14. That's all you really had to say.

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2011, 08:35 AM
LOL everyone knows it's Al Davis. GOD I love that guy. He keeps plunging the Raiders further into the ground. Go, Al, go!!!!

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM

lol... We aren't currently anything. This is a new season. Please, don't cling to the past. Worry about the present. Looks like you have more Al-strikes-again FO screwups out in Oakland.

VERaider
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
We have signed a couple UDFA's. Look harder

EDIT: We've signed Sterling Moore, Bani Gbadyu, Alan Pelc, Derrick Jones, and Chris Williams.

VERaider
07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
LOL everyone knows it's Al Davis. GOD I love that guy. He keeps plunging the Raiders further into the ground. Go, Al, go!!!!

Yep further into the ground. That's why the Raiders are better than the Broncos and absolutely torched you guys last year.

Louich
07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Yep further into the ground. That's why the Raiders are better than the Broncos and absolutely torched you guys last year.

hopefully you'll still remember this when all thign get back to normal lol (oh yeah this aint the trash talking section of the forum....)

VERaider
07-26-2011, 08:51 AM
hopefully you'll still remember this when all thign get back to normal lol (oh yeah this aint the trash talking section of the forum....)

Depends what you call normal. You probably think the last seven years are what's normal. But the real AFC West is the Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos killing each other for the top spot in the division while the Chargers get shat on at the bottom.

Freyaka
07-26-2011, 08:54 AM
They haven't done anything because they've overspent so bad in the past that the new cap puts them WAY over cap and they have no money to spend without cutting some fat first.

Louich
07-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Depends what you call normal. You probably think the last seven years are what's normal. But the real AFC West is the Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos killing each other for the top spot in the division while the Chargers get shat on at the bottom.

normal would be not being considered the bills or the lions when talking about the dangerousity of the team

VERaider
07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
They haven't done anything because they've overspent so bad in the past that the new cap puts them WAY over cap and they have no money to spend without cutting some fat first.

A lot of sources say we are way under the cap. The ESPN report is wrong. Without dead money counting we are under the cap. Many sources are reporting about 20 million under the cap. I hear you guys are five million over the cap. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

If you read the rest of the thread you would know that we have sign Free Agents because you would have seen my other post.

VERaider
07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
normal would be not being considered the bills or the lions when talking about the dangerousity of the team

The Lions are a very dangerous team. Definitely not to be overlooked this year.

12and4
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Illinois WR/QB Eddie McGee is now an Oakland Raider

Louich
07-26-2011, 09:02 AM
The Lions are a very dangerous team. Definitely not to be overlooked this year.

what about the 3 last decades ? lol

on an other note, we seem to be near or a little over our salary cap, there are conflicting reports and analysis about that..

Some memebre tried to get to the bottom of the thing but it's kinda impossible considering the post lockout situation...

DevilSpawn
07-26-2011, 09:06 AM
lol... We aren't currently anything. This is a new season. Please, don't cling to the past. Worry about the present. Looks like you have more Al-strikes-again FO screwups out in Oakland.

Clinging to the past? Is that your excuse for ignoring one of the worst beatings in the last 40 years? :laugh: Ok, I’ll let that game go if you never watch a Superbowl XXXII or XXXIII moment.

This thread was smack laden regarding a bunch of guys not good enough to be Mr. Irrelevant… as if they’ll make a team relevant. Be real, we’re in the ultimate crap shoot stage right now. The Raiders biggest concerns are their own free agents more than undraftees. An offensive line that rookies can’t solve overnight. The best free agent on the market that they may or may not keep. Lowering their cap number to make room for these guys.

And how to drop 60 on the Broncos next time.

VERaider
07-26-2011, 09:06 AM
what about the 3 last decades ? lol

on an other note, we seem to be near or a little over our salary cap, there are conflicting reports and analysis about that..

Some memebre tried to get to the bottom of the thing but it's kinda impossible considering the post lockout situation...

Haha, true.

And the only figure I've heard in regards to the Broncos is that they are five million over. As for the Raiders, even if we were over I still would worry. In 2003 we we're supposedly 50-60 million dollars over and Al worked sum magic and we were still able to sign free agents. Al may not always make the right decisions but he know how to manipulate the cap.

InsaneBlaze23
07-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Raiders beat Denver 59-14, the game that silenced the fan base, and added more fuel and oxygen to the flames of firing McD.

But the Broncos is still better than the Raiders, and saying either team is on the bottom is kinda dumb since each team is 0-0.

Also, if Denver sweeps Oakland or wins a game by a blowout or shout out, erase the point of bringing up the 59-14 game.

BarkdogRX7
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM

Haha, typical - living in the past. We were a team who fired it's HC during the year and our D was just terrible and hurt in key spots all year, not making excuses...we got...beat down, but that was 2010, this is 2011 - catch up please :smug:

Bronco_Armada
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Al Davis has not had his apple sauce with crushed up pills yet. :peace:

Cyrend
07-26-2011, 10:13 AM
A lot of sources say we are way under the cap. The ESPN report is wrong. Without dead money counting we are under the cap. Many sources are reporting about 20 million under the cap. I hear you guys are five million over the cap. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

If you read the rest of the thread you would know that we have sign Free Agents because you would have seen my other post.

I'm not hearing from any places that we are over the cap. I have heard reports we may not be as under the cap as we would like to be. But then I hear reports that we are like 18 mill under the cap.

That may be after projected cap "massaging", though. The Raiders I think are about 10 mill over right now as well.

BroncoABQ
07-26-2011, 10:16 AM
You guys should worry about your own team

Who cares what the Raiders do. regardless of what the record is no one really cares about the Raiders.

thenewera44
07-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I DID IT MYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Al+Davis+Oakland+Raiders+Promote+Hue+Jackson+bd3rc TBnwVZl.jpg

DevilSpawn
07-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Haha, typical - living in the past. We were a team who fired it's HC during the year and our D was just terrible and hurt in key spots all year, not making excuses...we got...beat down, but that was 2010, this is 2011 - catch up please :smug:
I will. CP bet that ESPN will live in the past talk about that game, throughout the game. :smug:

VERaider
I'm not hearing from any places that we are over the cap. I have heard reports we may not be as under the cap as we would like to be. But then I hear reports that we are like 18 mill under the cap.

That may be after projected cap "massaging", though. The Raiders I think are about 10 mill over right now as well.

NFL Network and PFT have both reported that we are 20 million under the cap. Frankly I've quit trying to figure out exactly where the Raiders are at in regards to the cap. I'll just sit and watch and see how it plays out. Like I said before, even if we are 10 million over it doesn't matter. Davis always manipulates the cap and signs who he wants to sign.

BroncoSexyDaddy
59-14. That's a joke. You guys should worry about your own team since you're currently the worst in the division.If i was a Raiders fan i would CP you for that post lol Good Stuff.:laugh:

roushmartin6
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
None of the undrafted guys are fast enough for Al

BarkdogRX7
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I will. CP bet that ESPN will live in the past talk about that game, throughout the game. :smug:

I'll CP you bet that, I dont care either way, the 2011 Broncos are going to be different than than the 2010 squad...so if we lose, this squad loses, has nothing to do with the 2010 roster

Garywolf001
07-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Saving up money to resign Asamagoa Nigomaha, how ever you spell that LOL!

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-26-2011, 12:30 PM
It looks like Todd Heap the Ravens TE is on the Raiders list of free agents.He has connections to Hue Jackson in Baltimore,it could be a possible landing spot for him.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#727561

Ashmedai
07-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Oh? And the 41-14 game wasn't a burn? Raiders are a joke. Long live Al Davis!

OTF
07-26-2011, 12:44 PM
they have no money

Salary cap info for 2011 (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures)
Oakland $85.8 million
Denver $125 million

beastlyskronk
07-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Because UDFAs are going to push them over the top right?

daspeedster
07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
they're 14 mill over the cap.

#24 Next Champ
07-26-2011, 02:07 PM

Hahaha true that ...although i think it's fair to now count the Chargers in