PDA

View Full Version : High School Football Superstitions?

West
10-05-2004, 09:37 PM
did you have any while you played?

heres mine this year

i always were my blue underarmour boxers with a white under armour shirt...i wear the exact same red socks every game on the right feet...at an hour before gametime i try to not say anything to get me in the 'zone'...and before i head up to the school to get ready at home i watch the exact same movie (RTT remember the titans) and i eat the exact same meal before the game

what were yours?

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-06-2004, 12:14 PM
I wear my orange and blue recieving gloves... Also, I get in the middle of the huddle before the game and get every wild. But I do the same thing as you. Only I go up to the field house with my CB coach and do nothing but study film. After practice, I study film. I must put at least 15 hours of film in a week. And when I come down, I don't talk till i'm in the middle of that huddle.

LCA534
10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
We used to go take a break and relax;)

Jared
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LCA534
We used to go take a break and relax;)

Boy, I played up until 8th grade, so I can't say that I was superstitious. I was just trying to learn the game and make a play.

I did try to keep my streching routine the same no matter what, just out of habit. And I didn't eat junk food on game days. But I did that win or lose in any sport.

dandaman23
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
None, I try not to get them because then if I break them I feel anything I do wrong was because I didnt do the certain "thing" that I was supposed to do before the game and stuff like that..

I just think before every game I am going to go out and give all that I can give, and kick some ass!

dandaman23
10-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
Great outlook, b/c if one starts doing these weird rituals, then the next thing you know, they're dubbed as an OCD case!

OCD?

dandaman23
10-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
Obbsessive Compulsive Disorder. Where someone becomes so worried about losing or doing something wrong, that they start doing weird habits/rituals/superstions.

Ohhhh...Ok..Gotcha..I got a friend who is Bi-Polar..Is that kind of what it is?:confused: LOL...

West
10-06-2004, 06:11 PM
crazy person:duh: