jlhawkins9
07-28-2011, 03:27 AM
per ADAM S!!

and we get a no name for GAFFNEY >(

johnlimburg
For a 5th Round Pick in 2013.

Bill has a brain by the looks of it. Too bad he is a bad character :yawn:

Should have made that deal Denver. Pretty disapointed.

milehighireland
Schefter has him going for a 5th rounder, good move by Belichick
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

InsaneBlaze23
07-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Haha and people wanted to give up Orton or Kuper for him, when we could have giving a 5th.

I didn't want the guy, but it's funny to see how much the Skins thought he was worth.

johnlimburg
07-28-2011, 03:30 AM
I wanted to give up Orton and get a 3rd Round Pick. Not straight up.

Denver should have made this deal

Disapointed

johnlimburg
07-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I was first :)

Caliraiderhater
07-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah I just saw that too. I will say as nice as it would have been to have his talent on the Dline I'm glad we don't have to worry about potential issues. The Pats are definitely in a better position to try out a high character risk player than a young rebuilding team.

MEBANE OR BUST!!!!!!!!!

milehighireland
07-28-2011, 03:39 AM
I was first :)

by about 30 seconds :P

johnlimburg
07-28-2011, 03:44 AM
Well the Pats actually have a very young defense.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 04:18 AM
this is the kind of trade that usually only works for NE

because NE is one of the few places in the nfl that can instill discipline and focus in a player who has so clearly lost his way

they did it with moss for a time, i wouldn't doubt they can do it with big Al

again, i wouldn't be scared of him going anywhere BUT NE

dammit lol

themadfanatic
07-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Fox is one of those guys too. Denver dropped the ball on this one, NE's chances to win it all just dramatically increased and ours decreased. I'm dissappointed. Now who's left mebane?? Cullen? They aren't on haynesworths level when he plays his a game.

DevilSpawn
07-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Let me put it this way. I'm glad he's not on my team, but the one team he could be the beast he SHOULD be, is with the Pats.

jcdavey
07-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Let me put it this way. I'm glad he's not on my team, but the one team he could be the beast he SHOULD be, is with the Pats.

exactly

on a team who isn't a contender, he would have stunk it up IMO

and i'll go farther and say that even on a contender the odds are he's still a headcase /slug

but NE, it's like a place where broken gets fixed sometimes

theMileHighGuy
07-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Really disappointing the Broncos didn't make this move. The Pats just became impossible to run the ball on. Wilfork and Haynesworth together is gonna be ugly. But, like people have said, if he's gonna bust NE is the perfect place for us to find out.

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Really disappointing the Broncos didn't make this move. The Pats just became impossible to run the ball on. Wilfork and Haynesworth together is gonna be ugly. But, like people have said, if he's gonna bust NE is the perfect place for us to find out.I agree with this post,and i agree we should had taken the chance on him with a 5th rounder if thats all they wanted for him.With Wikfork and Haynesworth i see super champians this season for the Patriots.

Amari24
07-28-2011, 07:08 AM
As long as he's not playing for us. I'm not even that convinced he'll show up for the Pats.

Mount-n-Groan
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Was it ever more than a rumor that we were pursuing him? I remember almost 3 months ago there was some buzz about an Orton for Haynesworth deal, but I don't remember it ever being more than fan/hack speculation.

We have to remember that while teams can and do trade without considering the player's wishes it's much easier to swing a deal if the player himself is a willing participant. That said, it's quite possible that there was a short list of where Haynesworth wanted to go, and that the Broncos were not on that list.

For all we know the Broncos were never in pursuit of Haynesworth OR Washington didn't want/like what we were offering OR per Haynesworth's wishes his agent never listened to any offer from us because his client didn't want to play here.

I guess my point is that you can't blame this all on the FO. There are other factors involved that we are not privy to, and I'm not so sure any of us really know what's going on anyway. Something tells me that IF we wanted him and IF he wanted to go here then he would be on a plane to Denver.

Sure, we need some help at DT, but my concern here isn't that we "missed out" on him; it's that the Pats just got that much better should Fat Albert decide he really wants to play.

Peerless
07-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Don't the Pats run the 3-4? And hasn't big Albert said he refuses or hates playing in that scheme?

Still though; good trade for the Pats. When Albert isn't acting like a drama queen, he's one of the best DT's in the game.

theMileHighGuy
07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Was it ever more than a rumor that we were pursuing him? I remember almost 3 months ago there was some buzz about an Orton for Haynesworth deal, but I don't remember it ever being more than fan/hack speculation.

We have to remember that while teams can and do trade without considering the player's wishes it's much easier to swing a deal if the player himself is a willing participant. That said, it's quite possible that there was a short list of where Haynesworth wanted to go, and that the Broncos were not on that list.

For all we know the Broncos were never in pursuit of Haynesworth OR Washington didn't want/like what we were offering OR per Haynesworth's wishes his agent never listened to any offer from us because his client didn't want to play here.

I guess my point is that you can't blame this all on the FO. There are other factors involved that we are not privy to, and I'm not so sure any of us really know what's going on anyway. Something tells me that IF we wanted him and IF he wanted to go here then he would be on a plane to Denver.

Sure, we need some help at DT, but my concern here isn't that we "missed out" on him; it's that the Pats just got that much better should Fat Albert decide he really wants to play.

No, I don't think there was ever even a rumor that we were pursuing him. What we were doing though was having a DT list full of scrubs, and blank spaces, and he was at one time the best in the league at that position, and they got him for change.

I would bet money he dominates again in New England. Rich get richer, and we're still stuck holding our asses as usual.:cross:

AC1
07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Don't the Pats run the 3-4? And hasn't big Albert said he refuses or hates playing in that scheme?

Still though; good trade for the Pats. When Albert isn't acting like a drama queen, he's one of the best DT's in the game.

I find this very surprising because of the high regard that Belichick holds Shanahan in. I doubt he said to himself, "Mike couldn't fix this guy, but I can". Belichick has often gone after players Shanahan has released, especially the lesser known guys, but AH is the first big name Shanahan dumped that Belchick picked up. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

-Rod-
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
The Redskins will get a 5th round pick in 2013. They did not want Haynesworth to join his former DL coach in Philadelphia. What if the Patriots trade Haynesworth to the Eagles? They could get a 4th or 5th round pick in 2012.

EDIT: How the media works:

Patriots trade 5th round pick for Haynesworth: Belichick is a genius, another great move by this master of the draft and free agency.

Broncos trade 5th round pick for Haynesworth: What are they thinking?? $12 million in 2 years for a lazy DT that will cause problems in the organization, that's not how you build a team.

BroncoFanBoy
07-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Last I checked, the Patriots also play a 3-4, so why get Haynesworth? He's a terrible fit as a 3-4 nose tackle. Idk, maybe Bellichick knows something I don't.

theMileHighGuy
07-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Last I checked, the Patriots also play a 3-4, so why get Haynesworth? He's a terrible fit as a 3-4 nose tackle. Idk, maybe Bellichick knows something I don't.

They hybrid a lot. Haynesworth will not be playing NT, which was all he really cared about. He's there to dominate double teams on 3rd down.