PDA

View Full Version : Sproles to the Saints

dsmith275
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Darren Sproles has agreed to a new deal with New Orleans and will be leaving San Diego. He was a heck of a returner and it will be nice not to worry about him anymore when we play San Diego twice a year. Wish him luck in NO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8211021c/article/saints-bring-in-sproles-to-fill-rb-void-left-by-bush-trade?module=HP11_headline_stack

Free-agent running back Darren Sproles told The Associated Press that he has decided to sign with the New Orleans Saints, saying in an email that he "can't wait to get started."

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
Sproles agreed to a four-year, $14 million deal with $6 million guaranteed, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Sproles can't sign the deal until Friday.

The Saints added Sproles on the same day they traded Reggie Bush to the Miami Dolphins. Like Bush, Sproles has proven an ability to produce big gains as a runner, receiver and return man. He has two career touchdowns on kickoff returns and two scores on punt returns.

In each of his seasons except 2006, when he was injured, Sproles has surpassed 1,000 yards on kick returns.

jcdavey
07-29-2011, 01:28 AM
it's been known for a while now that he wouldn't be back in sd

so if anyone is surprised by this, they simply haven't been paying attention

Jaws
07-29-2011, 02:12 AM
I always liked him.
Too good to be with the Bolts.
Glad he's been delivered & is now with the Saints!

jcdavey
07-29-2011, 02:25 AM
I always liked him.
Too good to be with the Bolts.
Glad he's been delivered & is now with the Saints!

no one could get roland bailey outta jail though

Skywalker
07-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Definite upgrade from Bush

InsaneBlaze23
07-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Another smart move, by a playoff team.

Seems that the only team making smart moves are the ones who make the playoffs.

The Saints need defense help, but they saw a FA they wanted, and then they signed him.

Teams like the Saints and Patriots get what they say they want, mostly before they get what they need.

Saints didn't need a RB, they could use one, but they didn't need one. Still a smart move.

Patriots didn't need a wide out, but they sure as hell got one. smart move.

baphamet
07-29-2011, 07:32 AM
sorry to see him go, he was a good player for us and wish him luck and success with the saints.

i am sure brees is happy with that move.

Andyy_47
07-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Always scared the heck out of me when we played the Bolts, delighted he's gone.

#24 Next Champ
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Jus glad he's away from us!

Chillez
07-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Happy we won't be seeing him against us 2x a year.

jcdavey
07-29-2011, 06:33 PM
again, we already resigned ourselves to letting him go, so this isn't new that he wouldn't be back in sd

now losing burnett to the dolphins, that sucks....he had 1 good year and wanted to cash in though, so good for him.