PDA

View Full Version : Ironically Tom Brandstater

thenewera44
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Competing with Henne with the Dolphins.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/518738-miami-dolphins-add-quarterbacks-patrick-ramsey-tom-brandstater

samparnell
08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Patrick Ramsey specializes in TD passes to the NT.

#1BRONCSFAN
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
You know how old that article is right?

soloking
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM

November 2010! Nice

DenBroFan22
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
There is a thread in free agency, saying he's back with us. :laugh:

or not. Guess it's gone.

thenewera44
08-02-2011, 01:51 PM

:paper:
Oh my.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/roster

GreasyQtip
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Fresno State yeeeeeeah baby

Safety
08-02-2011, 02:19 PM
its too bad Brandstater can't get a fair shake somewhere, he easily outplayed Orton in 2009 and should have been the starter, but he royally got screwed over by McDaniels, not once but twice. He lit it up in training camp in 09, had a rough pre-season outing against the Seahawks, and then turned it on against Chicago and Arizona, and he got stuck as a backup, when he clearly won the starting job, and then McDaniels screwed him over the following year when he drafted Tebow. Brandstater was something special and he'd have fit in good in our offense, and he picked up our offense really fast. I doubt McD woulda been fired if Brandstater had started in 09 and 10. shame to see those talents are gonna go waste, because it's obvious teams don't see what kind of skills this kid has, he gets in the right offense with the right coach and OC, he's gonna make some noise and make all of the old teams he was with do a double take.

It will be a real bad thing if Belichick picks him up to be a 3rd QB, and he ends up replacing Tom Brady later down the road...

JakeNbake
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
its too bad Brandstater can't get a fair shake somewhere, he easily outplayed Orton in 2009 and should have been the starter, but he royally got screwed over by McDaniels, not once but twice. He lit it up in training camp in 09, had a rough pre-season outing against the Seahawks, and then turned it on against Chicago and Arizona, and he got stuck as a backup, when he clearly won the starting job, and then McDaniels screwed him over the following year when he drafted Tebow. Brandstater was something special and he'd have fit in good in our offense, and he picked up our offense really fast. I doubt McD woulda been fired if Brandstater had started in 09 and 10. shame to see those talents are gonna go waste, because it's obvious teams don't see what kind of skills this kid has, he gets in the right offense with the right coach and OC, he's gonna make some noise and make all of the old teams he was with do a double take.

It will be a real bad thing if Belichick picks him up to be a 3rd QB, and he ends up replacing Tom Brady later down the road...

You're either really funny... or...... let's just hope you were joking.

Safety
08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
You're either really funny... or...... let's just hope you were joking.

being serious.

JakeNbake
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
being serious.

Oh... okay. Did you ever watch him play in College? Or really at any level?

Safety
08-02-2011, 02:50 PM
he was pretty good at Fresno State, has a good strong arm, throws a pretty deep ball. I didn't watch him all the time, but when i did watch him in the Pre-season it was clear as day that he was a few notches above Orton in terms of talent and abilities.

he has confidence too, something Orton doesn't have.

Peerless
08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Never really saw the hype with this guy.

If he was anything special, he wouldn't have been drafted in the sixth round.

Safety
08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Never really saw the hype with this guy.

If he was anything special, he wouldn't have been drafted in the sixth round.

yeah because no QB who was ever drafted in the 6th round cough Tom cough Brady cough turned out to be worth a damn right?

Peerless
08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
yeah because no QB who was ever drafted in the 6th round cough Tom cough Brady cough turned out to be worth a damn right?

I had a feeling a comment like this would come....

JakeNbake
08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I had a feeling a comment like this would come....

I guess Brady is the rule and not the exception... lol

CoryWinget81
08-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Remember kids, use contraceptives and protection.

RealBronco
08-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Brandstater sucked in college.

Broncoholic3233
08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Remember kids, use contraceptives and protection.

Hahahahaha.

12and4
08-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Brandstater sucked in college... Not expected to do much in the pros. He's a cool guy, smart guy too... but.. yeah.

But go fresno state :D

jetrazor74
08-03-2011, 01:23 AM
he was pretty good at Fresno State, has a good strong arm, throws a pretty deep ball. I didn't watch him all the time, but when i did watch him in the Pre-season it was clear as day that he was a few notches above Orton in terms of talent and abilities.

he has confidence too, something Orton doesn't have.

Guy, there's a reason he was cut here, and from the Colts after that. It's not because he's not getting a fair shake.

Heck, he hasn't been able to win the starting job from Chad Henne, and Orton is considered an upgrade to that guy.