PDA

View Full Version : Damn Colt McCoy looks good

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I really liked this guy a ton coming out of college and couldn't understand for the life of me why everyone wanted to stay away from him, he was great in college and it looks like it's translating very well ...NICE throws against GB

jetdrumz
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah I just made this thread here. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=3892832#post3892832

Dang it if I didn't have the wrong window open and put it in the wrong section though.

Jay3
He is good. I love Colt.

I think the only question I have about Colt is his overall size and strength. His physicality.

Not tall, small hands. He could do it. Brees did. But that would be the concern.

jetdrumz
He had great protection.

jetdrumz
08-13-2011, 04:52 PM
There are a few games tonight featuring some young QB's. It pains me to see Colt McCoy doing well as I type this. I say pains me because he's in the right situation. He's on a team that is all in with him (currently) and in a system that fits his abilities. Ready to see what Newton, Bradford, Ponder, and Locker do tonight also.

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Almost thinkin we should've taken him over Tebow...uh-ohhhhh here it goes! Haha

Just wish we had someone who could beat Orton not only on gamedays but in practice cuz it pisses me off so much that he's our starter

-Rod-
08-13-2011, 05:24 PM
If people had their say, the Broncos would have drafted Jimmy Clausen over Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy.

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 05:45 PM
If people had their say, the Broncos would have drafted Jimmy Clausen over Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy.

Ah hell no not me, I never liked Clausen, I did like McCoy and you can even find a thread I started hoping we'd draft him back in '09

Bronco_Armada
08-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I really liked this guy a ton coming out of college and couldn't understand for the life of me why everyone wanted to stay away from him, he was great in college and it looks like it's translating very well ...NICE throws against GB

I actually wanted Colt .45 MCcoy, water under the bridge.

Although I wanted Steve Spags and not McDaniels.

So..... yeah.

Charlie Brown
08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
It is one thing to be 9/10 with a touchdown in the preseason.

It is quite another to be 9/10 with a touchdown in a regular season game.

It is week one of the preseason, not week one of the regular season.

Southtown
08-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Anybody watching Locker tonight? He's made some really NICE plays. He'll be pushing Hass this year for sure. McCoy looked great....very decisive & nice touch.

Hoserman117
08-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Some of it is my Texas homer-ness, but McCoy was the QB I wanted the most out of that draft. We could have had him in the 2nd/3rd round too.

RealBronco
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Colt was the #2 QB i wanted in that draft if we hadn't gotten Tebow. I didn't want anything to do with Clausen and he continued to prove why this evening.

johnlimburg
08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
We should have drafted him instead of Tebow and kept all of our draft picks.

-Rod-
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
We should have drafted Josh Freeman instead of Knowshon Moreno

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-13-2011, 09:04 PM
We should have drafted him instead of Tebow and kept all of our draft picks.

I'd pass on that one. He's a poor man's Jake Plummer.

AznBroncoFan
08-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Nah, at best backup qb.

Houdini
08-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I like Colt alot but there is something to learn here.

He was declared the starter and he has shown why. The team decided to make a real commitment with their QB. The offense has been built to his strengths. Damn, who would of thought. I guess we know why Mike Holgrem is a boss.

Guess we should take a lesson from one of the better minds in football. I have a bad feeling about our offense this year.

johnlimburg
08-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd pass on that one. He's a poor man's Jake Plummer.

In your opinion. It is far to early to tell. But right now I would take him over Tebow.

BroncoFanBoy
08-13-2011, 09:18 PM

We should've drafted Clay Matthews instead of Ayers.

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 09:55 PM

Lol what is wrong wit fans like you ...you didn't say one positive thing along with all that ...it's one thing to be real, it's another to be super pessimistic, tell you what, since you don't think McCoy is all that I'll give ya Orton for em ...then you'll see what a real practice player at qb looks like

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Anybody watching Locker tonight? He's made some really NICE plays. He'll be pushing Hass this year for sure. McCoy looked great....very decisive & nice touch.

Ya he definitely looked sharp........anyone but Orton!!!!! Lol

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM

Actually ... true that!!!

Bernie24
08-13-2011, 10:00 PM
We should have drafted haloti ngata instead of Cutler

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 10:09 PM
We should have drafted haloti ngata instead of Cutler

Well, that means we'd have to be somewhere else at qb tho cuz Plummer was just a mobile Orton

Bernie24
08-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Plummer was much better imo

I liked Plummer alright i cant stand 8

#24 Next Champ
08-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Plummer was much better imo

I liked Plummer alright i cant stand 8

Well it aint saying much to be much better than Orton, but Plummer wasn't the answer either

johnlimburg
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Lol what is wrong wit fans like you ...you didn't say one positive thing along with all that ...it's one thing to be real, it's another to be super pessimistic, tell you what, since you don't think McCoy is all that I'll give ya Orton for em ...then you'll see what a real practice player at qb looks like

Charlie is right. It happens every year. There is at least double digit amount of QB's who have amazing stats in the pre season but everyone knows they are not starters.

Charlie Brown
08-13-2011, 10:47 PM

I saw Charlie Frye complete several preseason games with a near perfect QB rating. What did that tremendous play in the preseason lead to? It led to him being cut after a bad game against the Steelers. It is the preseason. It is one thing to sit here and sing praises and try to get everyone's hopes up because a QB played very well in a preseason game - a game that is as worthless as having 5 million dollars when you are stranded on an uninhabited island.

It is one thing to light up the Packers defense in a game where their starters on defense played one series than lighting them up in a regular season where the starters play the entire game. This was not a regular season game. Everyone gets excited because a QB looks awesome against backups. Did you know Carolina has a great QB that was near perfect today as well? Maybe Denver should trade everything for him. His name is Derek Anderson. He is on the Panther's third team. He was amazing today. But, everyone knows how "great" he is in a real game. Nobody would sit here and sing his praises because everyone knows how horrible of a QB he is. This is the PRESEASON not the REGULAR SEASON. There is no "Preseason Bowl" where they declare the champions of the NFL. These are completely worthless games.

AuroraAli
08-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Charlie is right. It happens every year. There is at least double digit amount of QB's who have amazing stats in the pre season but everyone knows they are not starters.

Brady Quinn comes to mind

AuroraAli
08-14-2011, 12:02 AM
I saw Charlie Frye complete several preseason games with a near perfect QB rating. What did that tremendous play in the preseason lead to? It led to him being cut after a bad game against the Steelers. It is the preseason. It is one thing to sit here and sing praises and try to get everyone's hopes up because a QB played very well in a preseason game - a game that is as worthless as having 5 million dollars when you are stranded on an uninhabited island.

It is one thing to light up the Packers defense in a game where their starters on defense played one series than lighting them up in a regular season where the starters play the entire game. This was not a regular season game. Everyone gets excited because a QB looks awesome against backups. Did you know Carolina has a great QB that was near perfect today as well? Maybe Denver should trade everything for him. His name is Derek Anderson. He is on the Panther's third team. He was amazing today. But, everyone knows how "great" he is in a real game. Nobody would sit here and sing his praises because everyone knows how horrible of a QB he is. This is the PRESEASON not the REGULAR SEASON. There is no "Preseason Bowl" where they declare the champions of the NFL. These are completely worthless games.

Yeah the Packers starting DB's didn't play even one series. Shields and Woodson didn't even dress if I recall correctly.

I think Colt is solid however. After reading that yahoo article a couple days ago, I'm even more impressed that he was able to even look halfway competent starting last year the way Mangina gave him the cold shoulder, didn't give him play books until 2 days after the other QBs and didn't tell him he was starting until minutes before a game in one instance.

Southtown
08-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I like Colt alot but there is something to learn here.

He was declared the starter and he has shown why. The team decided to make a real commitment with their QB. The offense has been built to his strengths. Damn, who would of thought. I guess we know why Mike Holgrem is a boss.

Guess we should take a lesson from one of the better minds in football. I have a bad feeling about our offense this year.

I totally agree w/ this.

underrated29
08-14-2011, 09:32 AM
I think colt mccoy sucks. I see him being like most all of the past browns qbs.....not very good.

Spice 1
08-14-2011, 02:05 PM
This version of the West Coast does Colt a lot of favors. He looks much better than last year, and he looked solid last year. The play action boot works so good because they have Hillis.

BarkdogRX7
08-16-2011, 03:10 PM

LMAO - It's sad when I knew i could scroll through KNOWING Charlie would not like his QB. He is like Tebow in the sense he got some PT last year and will be better the more he touches the ball this year - I really like him, he took a beating against the Steelers and still played well in the eys of the league last year. I like the kid, he has moxy...and will get better, but still...Charlie hates him, I'm starting to think he isn't even a Browns fan LOL

Charlie Brown
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM
LMAO - It's sad when I knew i could scroll through KNOWING Charlie would not like his QB. He is like Tebow in the sense he got some PT last year and will be better the more he touches the ball this year - I really like him, he took a beating against the Steelers and still played well in the eys of the league last year. I like the kid, he has moxy...and will get better, but still...Charlie hates him, I'm starting to think he isn't even a Browns fan LOL

Where did I say that I hate him?

Please, do point out where i said that I hate him. It is a preseason game. PRESEASON GAME.

Let me know, Barkdog, when they declare the Preseason MVP and Champions. Because I'd really like to know when hey do. /SARCASM

As I said earlier, it is the PRESEASON. PRE not POST not REGULAR, PRE.

A player playing well in the preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING. Just like a player playing bad doesn't mean ANYTHING. The only time in the preseason that their play matters is if they are a BUBBLE player. That is, a player that may or may not be cut. In which case, he better hope he plays well. McCoy isn't a bubble player. He is going to be the starter at QB for the Browns this year. He is safe (unless he and the Browns play poorly this season).

Colt McCoy sure played well against the backups of the Packers. I'm so impressed that he owned the Packers backups. Good thing he only plays backups in the regular season too, huh?

BarkdogRX7
08-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Please, do point out where i said that I hate him. It is a preseason game. PRESEASON GAME.

Let me know, Barkdog, when they declare the Preseason MVP and Champions. Because I'd really like to know when hey do. /SARCASM

A player playing well in the preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING. Just like a player playing bad doesn't mean ANYTHING. The only time in the preseason that their play matters is if they are a BUBBLE player. That is, a player that may or may not be cut. In which case, he better hope he plays well. McCoy isn't a bubble player. He is going to be the starter at QB for the Browns this year. He is safe (unless he and the Browns play poorly this season).

Colt McCoy sure played well against the backups of the Packers. I'm so impressed that he owned the Packers backups. Good thing he only plays backups in the regular season too, huh?

Oh man, someone is throwing a pissy tantrum on here, I don't need you to state that you HATE him, just the overall attitude you display on here towards "your" players and your history of posts, 2nd string to me is worth talking about because a lot of those guys come in in certain situations and a lot of those "2nd stringers" for the Pack ended up as the starters for them in the playoffs due to injuries so it is something to be proud of. He's a good QB and a lot better than Seneca Wallace lol...

Charlie Brown
08-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh man, someone is throwing a pissy tantrum on here, I don't need you to state that you HATE him, just the overall attitude you display on here towards "your" players and your history of posts, 2nd string to me is worth talking about because a lot of those guys come in in certain situations and a lot of those "2nd stringers" for the Pack ended up as the starters for them in the playoffs due to injuries so it is something to be proud of. He's a good QB and a lot better than Seneca Wallace lol...

lol, that is funny.

Hate? What hate? I simply say when a player is extremely overrated - like Cribbs. I don't hate them.

Also, everyone is better than Seneca Wallace.

#24 Next Champ
08-16-2011, 07:14 PM

Yo let's get this straight ..he didn't play against all their backups...last I checked Sam Shields and Charles Woodson don't account for the entire Packers defense ...damn just give some credit where it's due why the hell am I defending your teams quarterback

Charlie Brown
08-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Yo let's get this straight ..he didn't play against all their backups...last I checked Sam Shields and Charles Woodson don't account for the entire Packers defense ...damn just give some credit where it's due why the hell am I defending your teams quarterback

It allowed him the chance to play against their backups in the secondary. The main individuals that would cover the Browns recievers. That allowed them to be open because not only did they not face Shields and Woodson, but also the other players on the team did not give their all because it is a preseason game and they know full well that their positions are secure.

This is the first preseason game. This isn't game one of the regular season.

BarkdogRX7
08-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I remember the Browns beating the Saints & Pats last year and Colt started 8 games last year, just saying you should have some faith in this guy, he's your version of Tebow there in Cle

shawinkerpoppin
08-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah the Packers starting DB's didn't play even one series. Shields and Woodson didn't even dress if I recall correctly.

I think Colt is solid however. After reading that yahoo article a couple days ago, I'm even more impressed that he was able to even look halfway competent starting last year the way Mangina gave him the cold shoulder, didn't give him play books until 2 days after the other QBs and didn't tell him he was starting until minutes before a game in one instance.

lol mangina.

Anyways its not who he did it against but its more so how he looked doing it how were his throws and things of that nature.

Charlie Brown
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I remember the Browns beating the Saints & Pats last year and Colt started 8 games last year, just saying you should have some faith in this guy, he's your version of Tebow there in Cle

The Browns beat those teams, sure. But Colt didn't have much to do with it. He put up Trent Dilfer-like numbers.

In both those games, he threw zero touchdown passes and zero interceptions combined. He did run for a touchdown against the Patriots. But, in a game where they beat them by more than a single score that wasn't much of a deciding factor.

Now, in those games, Hillis ran for 69 yards (and a touchdown) against the Saints and for 184 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Patriots. So, is it because of McCoy that the Browns won those games? Hardly. It was Hillis' performances that allowed those games to be won. Against the Saints, McCoy threw for 74 yards. Then, against the Patriots he threw for 174 yards.

Hardly "earth shattering" performances.

Andyy_47
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41576_41449119338_4662_n.jpg

Pretty much how important I think the preseason is.

BarkdogRX7
08-17-2011, 07:11 PM
The Browns beat those teams, sure. But Colt didn't have much to do with it. He put up Trent Dilfer-like numbers.

In both those games, he threw zero touchdown passes and zero interceptions combined. He did run for a touchdown against the Patriots. But, in a game where they beat them by more than a single score that wasn't much of a deciding factor.

Now, in those games, Hillis ran for 69 yards (and a touchdown) against the Saints and for 184 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Patriots. So, is it because of McCoy that the Browns won those games? Hardly. It was Hillis' performances that allowed those games to be won. Against the Saints, McCoy threw for 74 yards. Then, against the Patriots he threw for 174 yards.

Hardly "earth shattering" performances.

Hahaha only you would take praise and turn it into grief for your QB, he played well, basically a "Don't wreck the car" scenario against SB caliber teams, I think he did well, if u dont want him u can have Orton for em

Charlie Brown
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Hahaha only you would take praise and turn it into grief for your QB, he played well, basically a "Don't wreck the car" scenario against SB caliber teams, I think he did well, if u dont want him u can have Orton for em

This same time last year, you and everyone else on this board was going off about how "McCoy played horrible in the preseason and might be cut from the Browns". That is what this board was filled with.

I'm not going to sit here and throw a big party and declare Colt McCoy a great QB, or even an average QB just because he was near perfect in a preseason game. The final preseason game of last year, he was 13/13.

LSIGRAD09
08-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Looks Farvelous!

BarkdogRX7
08-18-2011, 02:44 PM
This same time last year, you and everyone else on this board was going off about how "McCoy played horrible in the preseason and might be cut from the Browns". That is what this board was filled with.

I'm not going to sit here and throw a big party and declare Colt McCoy a great QB, or even an average QB just because he was near perfect in a preseason game. The final preseason game of last year, he was 13/13.

I never bashed Colt, I have liked the kid. He played well for a crappy team last year, he'll be better this year

Charlie Brown
08-18-2011, 02:57 PM
I never bashed Colt, I have liked the kid. He played well for a crappy team last year, he'll be better this year

You may not have, but others did.

Colt McCoy on the Bubble because of poor preseason? (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=171275&highlight=Browns+McCoy)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
You may not have, but others did.

Colt McCoy on the Bubble because of poor preseason? (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=171275&highlight=Browns+McCoy)

Charlie, you have a memory like an elephant. :D

BroncoFanBoy
08-19-2011, 06:22 PM
He's still looking really good! He has 3 touchdown passes in the first half of today's game.

Setsuna00
08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah he does look comfortable. I wish the Jags got him to be honest.

FlyByU
08-19-2011, 07:38 PM
We should've drafted Clay Matthews instead of Ayers.

That is a real good choice I wanted Mathews here and wish they would of got him.

JRDinstons
08-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm usually pretty good at predicting college QBs that will be good in the NFL, but I completely missed on McCoy. I think he looks fantastic for an NFL QB that is still learning, it's not like he sat on the bench at all to learn ..... he's way better then I expected.