PDA

View Full Version : what happens if davis dies?

baphamet
08-15-2011, 09:59 AM
i was wondering the other day, who would become the new owner of the raiders if AL Davis dies?

does anyone know? or is there a contingency plan?

just curious.

garzjoe
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I have not clue who will become owner...but rest assured as soon as he dies the organization will get better. One thing we can expect is for Al Davis to meddle with his team...if he ain't around to do that they might actually get back to their glory days. For that reason alone I hope Al Davis lives FOREVER! :)

Thx,
Joe

jc13
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
I believe his son(s) are taking over..

LordTrychon
08-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I was pondering this the other day as well. I believe he's been working on the Sith art of Sith Holocrons so his own image can take over for him.

But seriously...

I do think that they're likely to improve after he's left the building... And as much as it can be fun watching a rival struggle for a year or two... in the end I'd prefer to get back to the days of being one of 3 teams contending in our division.

Southstander
08-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought I heard he was already a "minority" owner.

#87Birdman
08-15-2011, 10:52 AM
I thought he was already dead and his zombified body was running the show. Or maybe they just have his picture and no one will ever see him in person as some one else pulls the string under the name of Davis.

All I know is the person he sells it to will probably be able to run a 40 in about 4.2 seconds.

shawinkerpoppin
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
The raiders fans will throw a parade.

RaiderFanSD
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM

^^^^

and his son will supposedly hand the football operations over to a GM. The son doesn't know much about football.

Bernie24
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
He will be revived via Horcrux

Raiderfan76
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Trask) women will take over.

FLBroncFan
08-27-2011, 07:36 PM
You're just so far behind other clubs. You're waiting for (Davis) to wake up and come to work at 2 o'clock in the afternoon to make decisions that the rest of the league is making at 6 o'clock in the morning. You're still running videotapes over to the hotel so he can watch practice at night.

- Lane Kiffin, on the challenge of working for Al Davis.

:smash:

RaiderFanSD
08-28-2011, 11:00 AM
You're just so far behind other clubs. You're waiting for (Davis) to wake up and come to work at 2 o'clock in the afternoon to make decisions that the rest of the league is making at 6 o'clock in the morning. You're still running videotapes over to the hotel so he can watch practice at night.

- Lane Kiffin, on the challenge of working for Al Davis.

:smash:

Word on the street is that he came in at 6PM all week for the @Denver game.

ParkHill-71
08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Word on the street is that he came in at 6PM all week for the @Denver game.

Lol.....nice!!!

LSIGRAD09
08-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I can see the Raiders improving and making better moves, if that's what you mean.

nic.zeman24
08-28-2011, 04:43 PM

How old are they? 65? ;)

nic.zeman24
08-28-2011, 04:44 PM
He will be revived via Horcrux

oh know where did he hide them? Im told one of them is in Shannys soul

16milehigh87
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
They will probably become the L.A. Raiders sgain and the networks will love it. The state will celebrate and we will see him in the new Thriller video.

Raider_Nation
09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
i was wondering the other day, who would become the new owner of the raiders if AL Davis dies?

does anyone know? or is there a contingency plan?

just curious.

This has been discussed for years ad nauseam by Raider fans.

There are (2) possible ways it could play out, both good & bad;

1. Things would get better because we could hire a real GM and get back to normal football operations. Coaches could be left alone to manage and game plan as they see fit.

2. Things could get worse because we could get an owner that is more interested in making money rather than winning football games. He doesn't care about drafting and signing stars to help us succeed. Lets the team deteriorate, etc.

Say what you will about Al Davis and his crazy antics, the man has an eye for talent (usually) and cares deeply about this team, to the point of spending whatever he can to get the right people to come play for us.

kolbywhite28
09-07-2011, 12:58 AM
You sound like you wish for his demise. The cops have some good lead now if ever that happens. =)

rdwachsmann
09-08-2011, 04:36 AM
I believe Al Davis is dead and he is just a prop like weekend at Bernies

kolbywhite28
09-08-2011, 05:35 AM
It would be great :D

Raider_Nation
09-08-2011, 09:06 PM
You sound like you wish for his demise. The cops have some good lead now if ever that happens. =)

Wipe your face, you're drooling.

Cahill
09-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Say what you will about Al Davis and his crazy antics, the man has an eye for talent (usually) and cares deeply about this team, to the point of spending whatever he can to get the right people to come play for us.

No, the man has his eye on stopwatches and other combine measurables. He's made some pretty terrible decisions in the draft in recent years and throws tons of money at overrated players but can't get the checkbook out for the one player actually worth it.

I don't know what will happen with the franchise once he passes away but it will be a sad day for Raiders fans and the NFL as they will be losing one of the great men that helped build the league into what it is today. I can safely say that the Raiders will probably get better once that happens though.

nyuk nyuk
09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
What happens if Davis dies?

Raiders improve, finally?

nyuk nyuk
09-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Oh? He always struck me as a vindictive cheapskate that nobody wants to play for. For Christ's sake, he still owes Mike Shanahan $275,000 from circa 1985.

baphamet
10-09-2011, 06:01 AM
i feel bad about making this thread now, sorry guys. :sad:

Freyaka
10-09-2011, 07:33 AM
i feel bad about making this thread now, sorry guys. :sad:

I wouldn't feel bad about it. Honestly at the time it was a very good question, still a good question. What does happen to the franchise now? Where do they go from here?

baphamet
10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't feel bad about it. Honestly at the time it was a very good question, still a good question. What does happen to the franchise now? Where do they go from here?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822f1af5/article/davis-family-will-keep-ownership-of-raiders-executive-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

broncosfan719
10-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Al davis owned 46% of the team so he is the majority owner and the team is now left under the control of his wife carol, i don't think she will be making major decisions but on paper she takes over for al davis.

broncosfan719
10-09-2011, 10:43 AM
say what you will about al davis but he was a great influence that turned the nfl into what it is today. R.I.P. Al