PDA

View Full Version : Official Game day thread: Week 5 2004 Broncos vs Panthers



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Cat_Attack
10-04-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm really looking forward to our upcoming game!! This is, unfortunately, a "must win" game for the Panthers... ya don't wanna mess with a Panther with it's back against a wall. They'll hurt ya! :fight:

I'm looking forward to a great game, in all seriousness.... I hope both teams play well, with no injuries especially!! Good luck with the game-planning this week, and good luck this sunday. :D

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Good luck to you also... Bell will be starting so hopefully we can see his true talent.

BlueDevilsDB
10-04-2004, 03:53 PM
You better hope Delhomme stops throwing TD passes to the wrong team. If Warfield can do it, Champ can! This will probably be another one of those ugly games.

Cat_Attack
10-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Man, yall have some serious ponies in your stable!! Griffin goes out... in comes Bell... how long is Anderson out for?

The Dark Knight
10-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Jeez, I'm really getting tired of us playing all these tough defenses!!

Cat_Attack
10-04-2004, 03:55 PM
You better hope Delhomme stops throwing TD passes to the wrong team. If Warfield can do it, Champ can! This will probably be another one of those ugly games..

I don't think that'll happen as easily this week, simply because Denver doesn't have the D line that ATL has, nor the pass rush they applied.... but, you do have a good point... Jake needs to settle down, and throw it away if there's nothing happening...

Fat Joe
10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
andersons done for the season, so q and bell need to pick it up somethin serious.

diesel51
10-04-2004, 04:02 PM
No offense, but people need to quit assuming that Bell is starting against Carolina. I gaurantee Q isn't hurt that bad. If he isn't hurt that Bad, he'll start.

brighton_larry
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
I don't think that'll happen as easily this week, simply because Denver doesn't have the D line that ATL has, nor the pass rush they applied.... but, you do have a good point... Jake needs to settle down, and throw it away if there's nothing happening...

lol..our Jake has the same problem!! Plummer (or "Lefty" as I like to call him) has been doing better the last couple weeks. His #'s wern't great against the bucs but he had a few drops and at least we got a "w".:goofy:

mattos
10-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
ya don't wanna mess with a Panther with it's back against a wall. They'll hurt ya!

oh yeah! well . . . you don't want to mess with a bronco when their having a decent season cause they'll . . . . jump over you. or something like that. :fight:

AZ Snake Fan
10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
remember you are coming to our House --- we're not playing in your litter box --- and then before you have a chance to lick your wounds, "y'all" have to go to Philly's House --- rough road ahead for you poor little kitty cats. "a panther is like a leopard except he isn't peppered" ---ogden nash

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
bell isnt starting dumb asses

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
bell isnt starting dumb asses

And you know this how?

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
and how do you know bell is starting???

mike shanahan isnt going to change the line up yet.he still believes in the little man

Krugan
10-04-2004, 07:46 PM
If Q cant go it will be Droughns sholdering the work load. Trust me when I say Bell is not ready yet.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2004, 07:51 PM
WHy does anyone think that Bell is starting this week against the Panthers? WHy would that happen after he just gave the game ball to Q?? Think. He's been supporting Q over and over again. Q hung onto the ball this week, and Mike kept feeding him the ball in crunch time. Mike believes in Q...(I don't)..so why do you people think that Bell is starting??? WHere do you get these ideas?

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
i agree with mike .q sucks.i mean he is the man! go q

Panther Goddess
10-05-2004, 05:36 AM
Hey all you BroncoManiacs....I just wanted to say that I come in peace and would like to invite you all over to where the majority of the Panthers Fans hang out and talk football, smack and other things. http://www.panthersplanet.net

I look forward to a good game this week. It's going to be difficult for our players in your elevation especially coming off of that devastating loss at home. But hopefully that will motivate our players to whip some Bronco tail.

May this game be one of excitement, may the calls be fair and just on both sides for both teams, and may this be an injury free, but hard fought game for both teams leaving a lack of excuses for either.

Good luck to you all, hope to see ya on our board this week, but if not, enjoy the game and be safe.

BroncFanInPA
10-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Classy post, and thanks for the invite!

Even with the setbacks the Panthers have had this year, still a very good team.

Welcome to Broncomania :D

TheGlue Factory
10-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Classy post so we'll give the site a try...

Click on link and...




"This page cannot be displayed"??? :cheeky: Would you mind doublechecking the link to make sure there's not a typo or something? I wanna see what youse guyses (and galses) are saying about us guyses and galses. :p


Another thought comes to mind... copy and paste...


Copied... Pasted... it works! :confused:...

Here's the problem... Link just goes to the web address: Panthers Planet. Might need to repair the link.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by brighton_larry
lol..our Jake has the same problem!! Plummer (or "Lefty" as I like to call him) has been doing better the last couple weeks. His #'s wern't great against the bucs but he had a few drops and at least we got a "w".:goofy:

Two of a kind, I tell ya! It really made me lmao last season when Chris Collinsworth was interviewing Delhomme, and Collinsworth comes out with, "I'm officially naming you Jake "The Snake" Delhomme." Collinsworth is such a chode. :cheeky:

Plummer's really shown himself to be a good QB since coming over from the Cardinals... Great pickup, that one.

So, there seems to be some disagreement as to who's getting the running load this weekend? Q or Bell? I know Q had a case of fumblitis earlier, but he did ok this past week? Is he hurt/injured/gimpy?

RunByDesign
10-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
Two of a kind, I tell ya! It really made me lmao last season when Chris Collinsworth was interviewing Delhomme, and Collinsworth comes out with, "I'm officially naming you Jake "The Snake" Delhomme." Collinsworth is such a chode. :cheeky:

Plummer's really shown himself to be a good QB since coming over from the Cardinals... Great pickup, that one.

So, there seems to be some disagreement as to who's getting the running load this weekend? Q or Bell? I know Q had a case of fumblitis earlier, but he did ok this past week? Is he hurt/injured/gimpy?

IMO, Q will get the load and Shanny will probably try to work in the others, (situationally.)

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Hmm... never heard of the site, but I'll check it out! :D

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by RunByDesign
IMO, Q will get the load and Shanny will probably try to work in the others, (situationally.)

From what you've (I'm assuming) seen thus far from each back including training camp and preseason, a)who do you like better b)think should be starting c)think will be the eventual fulltime, no questions asked, #1 RB?

Sorry for all the questions... I just don't get to see many Broncos games.

LDB
10-05-2004, 07:31 AM
I just got tickets to the game. Woohoo! Should be a good game to see.

I expect that if Q can't play, then Droughns will be the starter. Bell will see some action though. It all depends on how bad Q is hurting.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 07:40 AM
is the battle that'll be between the Broncos O line and the Panthers D line. Two top notch lines going at it. That'll be something to see!

This week needs to hurry up and get over with.

Jared
10-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
Classy post so we'll give the site a try...

Click on link and...




"This page cannot be displayed"??? :cheeky: Would you mind doublechecking the link to make sure there's not a typo or something? I wanna see what youse guyses (and galses) are saying about us guyses and galses. :p


Another thought comes to mind... copy and paste...


Copied... Pasted... it works! :confused:...

Here's the problem... Link just goes to the web address: Panthers Planet. Might need to repair the link.


Link worked for me?

Jared
10-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
is the battle that'll be between the Broncos O line and the Panthers D line. Two top notch lines going at it. That'll be something to see!

This week needs to hurry up and get over with.

Welcome to BroncoMania.

Please read the Code of Conduct and familiarize yourself with what we expect from members, Bronco fans and non-Bronco fans alike.
If you have any questions, or feel that you are being unduly abused or flamed, please feel free to send a PM to myself or any of the other Mods.

Happy Posting.

Jared
10-05-2004, 07:47 AM
Pre-game analysis, game-time discussions, post game analysis, et. al, please post here.


Please take smack over to the Smack forum.

Arab Bronco
10-05-2004, 07:54 AM
i think they key to this game would be to blitz all day. We have to pressure jake delhome from all areas like GB did against them in the season opener. and we better keep an eye on deshaun foster, he's a great back, he could have been a 1500 yard rusher had he not been hurt in his first pre-seasonn and the panthers signing s. davis. he was drafted in the second round with portis.

blackcat
10-05-2004, 08:01 AM
It's a shame Steve Smith can't play in this game. Last year, when Bailey was with Washington he mirrored Smith. He did a good job shutting him down (4 catches, 50 yards) but all Jake did was hit everybody else. With Smith out, it takes away our deep threat. The problem with our offense is that we haven't run the ball well enough. Through 3 games last year, Stephen Davis had 406 yards. He's going to practice tomorrow and will likely play Sunday.

bklynbronco
10-05-2004, 08:01 AM
no matter what happens after this game I still think the panthers will be in the thick of things in the nfc. welcome to the board and thanks for the invite.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Stephen Davis will be back in the lineup this week, so that's another weapon we'll have back. :cool:

champ'sbroncos
10-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Q sprained his ankle the last play of our game against the Bucs.

champ'sbroncos
10-05-2004, 08:03 AM
I meant to put that as the quote, not the title

LCA534
10-05-2004, 08:05 AM
I think the key for us is we need to run the ball to keep some of the heat off of Plummer.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Wow, this thread just became a cluster**** of posts. :confused:

Jared
10-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
Wow, this thread just became a cluster**** of posts. :confused:

Please do not intentionally misspell words to go around our profanity filters. We still do consider it an infraction. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

PokeysLittleDog
10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm going with the team who has Jake as their QB ;)

Panther Goddess
10-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by PokeysLittleDog
I'm going with the team who has Jake as their QB ;)


LOL A bit indecisive are we?



To all yall, thanks. Hope to see ya over there. Our member base is not as "controversial" as some other Panther Site's member bases are. We talk smack but are respectful of the rules where ever we go.

And to the one that said it's the Panther D against Your O. Babes ya could not have said it more correctly. That's what it boils down to. And it's going to be a tough match up all the way around.

Now if only our blasted O-Coordinator/Coach (Henning) would stop running short pass plays on long yard needed plays or running it on 3rd and 13 and telegraphic our play calling to other teams we might just have a half a chance on offense.

Spice 1
10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
This ought to be a good test for both teams. Carolina is almost at a must win, and Denver is at a crossroads of prooving themselves. Sucks that you guys have those injuries. I had Smith on my fantasy team too. lol.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
This is definitely a must win for the Panthers... We can't go 1-4 with ATL playing how they are and N'Awlins getting better each week.

Panther Goddess
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Not to mention us going to Phili the following week.

Injuries, as well as us having the toughest schedule in the NFL does present some challenges. But honestly we are the ones that continue to mess ourselves up.

I think the players on our team have boght into all the media hype and have become laxidasical in their work ethic and passion for the wins. That's the core of why we've struggled AND LOST the games we've lost.

Javalon
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Cat_Attack
This is definitely a must win for the Panthers... We can't go 1-4 with ATL playing how they are and N'Awlins getting better each week.
Well, the Saints sure didn't get better last week in getting dominated by the Cardinals. But you're right, 1-4 would be tough to overcome. That's two weeks in a row the Broncos are having to take on a fairly desperate team.

antd700
10-05-2004, 10:13 AM
True it is another fairly desperate team but it also is a surprisingly good team. There are teams such as the chiefs this year and the raiders/chargers last year whose record really does reflect how they are playing. They were horrible i gotta say that i think chiefs really are a 1-3 side not 0-4 but they seem to lack direction. Panthers however, I think are fundamentally a good side, you have quite good corners, riki manning jr is it? and your linbackers aint too shabby. Then theres your DL which is certainly an excelent one, so you have a good defense. Jake Delhomme is a QB probably similar in ability to Jake Plummer and Musin can still get things done. However, i think it may be foolish to start Davis this week cause his injury if i am not mistaken was a lower body one right? therefore, he would not be able to do any running, at least when Tatum broke his finger he could still do fitness training so i would probably go with Deshaun this week. but at the mo i dont have much faith in our DL so he could have a reletivly big game if our LBs dont pound him for only short gains.

Cat_Attack
10-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
Well, the Saints sure didn't get better last week in getting dominated by the Cardinals. But you're right, 1-4 would be tough to overcome. That's two weeks in a row the Broncos are having to take on a fairly desperate team.

In all fairness, the Cardinals played the Falcons 6-3 in ATL the week before.... so give them some credit.

JHoward
10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
error

Panther Goddess
10-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by antd700
True it is another fairly desperate team but it also is a surprisingly good team. There are teams such as the chiefs this year and the raiders/chargers last year whose record really does reflect how they are playing. They were horrible i gotta say that i think chiefs really are a 1-3 side not 0-4 but they seem to lack direction. Panthers however, I think are fundamentally a good side, you have quite good corners, riki manning jr is it? and your linbackers aint too shabby. Then theres your DL which is certainly an excelent one, so you have a good defense. Jake Delhomme is a QB probably similar in ability to Jake Plummer and Musin can still get things done. However, i think it may be foolish to start Davis this week cause his injury if i am not mistaken was a lower body one right? therefore, he would not be able to do any running, at least when Tatum broke his finger he could still do fitness training so i would probably go with Deshaun this week. but at the mo i dont have much faith in our DL so he could have a reletivly big game if our LBs dont pound him for only short gains.

Our desperation of the situation will play a small factor in the game but not as much as many might think.
The Panthers are strong in as much as we have the talent. We just need to use them correctly and regain that same fire and passion we had last year. Manning jr. is a beast, also watch out for Jake to Proehl.
As for Davis, I will have to agree with you there, however, Davis is the center-piece to our O and we've pretty much let that be known by our play recently. Still....I'll take Davis at 85% over many of his counter-parts at 100% That guy is grade A BEAST for us.

Besides, Davis's short gains will open up the passing game for us as well as Foster's ability to get outside the corners.

BroncoholicGBC
10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I hope bell gets the start i gurantee whats shanny sees what bell can do he WILL start tatum over q. q has had one good game against the chiefs come on guys.
Geoff

powder
10-05-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty confident Q will be the starter as long as his ankle isn't a problem.

Peerless
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Should be a good game. Tough D, mediocre O.

Panther Goddess
10-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by B4Bronco16
Should be a good game. Tough D, mediocre O.

I'll agree with that assessment!

blackcat
10-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by B4Bronco16
Should be a good game. Tough D, mediocre O.

Actually, the Panthers have more yards per game than the Broncos (only 3) A virtual toss up. We're something like -5 on the turnover ratio and we only have the ball an average of 28 minutes per game, vs. 32 for Denver. That's why the Panthers are 1-2, not enough running plays hogging up the ball and too many turnovers.

AsianOrange
10-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by blackcat
Actually, the Panthers have more yards per game than the Broncos (only 3) A virtual toss up. We're something like -5 on the turnover ratio and we only have the ball an average of 28 minutes per game, vs. 32 for Denver. That's why the Panthers are 1-2, not enough running plays hogging up the ball and too many turnovers.

Well...should be close but Denver is tough at home.....

Average score:

28 to 18

communist
10-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Well another tough one for Denver. We all saw from KC that when a team is desperate, they can make the impossible happen... the impossible was that KC's defense stepped up and their offense conquered the Ravens D... not to mention on the road... desperate measures, but it worked, they did the unexpected...

Thats what will make Carolina a tough team to play even in Denver. They are desperate, they must win, and they are a pretty good team... As for the players I think its an even match...

I really believe in Plummer, even though his numbers might not be great, he leads the team in a good way and most of the times comes with a Win... I think thats what is important in the end...

Denver has shown the league that their D is solid, then again so has Carolina...

Good luck to both teams! Should be a very interesting game... might go down to the wire.

Jerome Woods#21
10-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Well I think this will be a good .... perhaps one of the best this weekend. I look for a tough defensive battle.... It will be interesting to see if QG can get going again.

Broncos 13
Panthers 10



BTW.... Chiefs will beat the Jags in 2 weeks! :laugh:

Elway
10-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I think the score will be higher, and hope we win of course, the Panthers have a good D, but Jake seems to be a much better passer at home as far as yards go, so I think we will have a few tds on the board.

If we can stop the Panthers running game we should win...

24-17 Broncos win.

willynowei2
10-05-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll call the score...

1st Quarter - Denver scores 13, Panthers - 7

2nd & 3rd Q- no scoring

4th quarter - Panthers score mid 4th quarter go up 14-13, Jake scrambles everywhere and a few lucky plays and Homefield edge out Denver to a touchdown with less than 2 minutes left.... Carolina gets a 4 and out at Denver's 48.

Final Score: Denver 20 Carolina 14

I think both teams score early trying to force the other to throw instead of run... And then there will be a scoring lull.. between the 2nd and 3rd quarter where the game is terribly ugly. And in the 4th when both defenses are tired is when the scoring comes back.... Ultimately Denvers Homefield advantage and the abscence of Steve Smith will give denver the win.

GIVEME6
10-05-2004, 06:53 PM
IMO, this line is alot more talented than the Jags D-line. Not only do they play the run extremely well, they can also wreak havoc on QBs. They also have some pretty talented linebackers to go along with them.

After the debacle that was the Jags game(I won't mention the SD game...crap) can we run the ball effectively to set up the passing game? This game has got me worried. What do you all think?

bleedbluorange
10-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
IMO, this line is alot more talented than the Jags D-line. Not only do they play the run extremely well, they can also wreak havoc on QBs. They also have some pretty talented linebackers to go along with them.

After the debacle that was the Jags game(I won't mention the SD game...crap) can we run the ball effectively to set up the passing game? This game has got me worried. What do you all think? Well Atlanta and Dunn ran all over them. I guess that gives us hope. But nothing I've seen indicates we will have success.

Fat Joe
10-05-2004, 07:00 PM
We need a good solid week of practice and some excellent game preperation. Not much else we can do. The talent is there, just gotta find a way to utilize it.

Elway62860
10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
There is too much talent on the Broncos O-line for this lack of a runnning game to continue.

Yes, I'ts the line...Not the back. They are not opening holes.

Once they get it together, The league is in trouble.

Don't feed me this Gibbs is gone stuff....Guys like Neil, Nalen, Hamilton don't just forget what they where taught...

I left Lepsis and Foster out, I am cutting them a bit of slack...Allthough they have played well.

Javalon
10-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
Well Atlanta and Dunn ran all over them. I guess that gives us hope.
Yeah, but the Falcons now have Alex Gibbs coaching their offensive line and we don't. Hmm...

Javalon
10-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Elway62860
Don't feed me this Gibbs is gone stuff....Guys like Neil, Nalen, Hamilton don't just forget what they where taught...
I'm not saying the loss of Gibbs is definitely why we're struggling. But the loss of his week-to-week game planning and his fiery motivation skills could be part of our troubles.

Elway62860
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I'm not saying the loss of Gibbs is definitely why we're struggling. But the loss of his week-to-week game planning and his fiery motivation skills could be part of our troubles.



Never said you did...I just figured someone would say that.

I have a lot of respect for Dennison, But you make a valid point there.

urinal_cake
10-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I'm not saying the loss of Gibbs is definitely why we're struggling. But the loss of his week-to-week game planning and his fiery motivation skills could be part of our troubles.

Thats whats missing. Gibbs isn't on the sidelines to rip the O-line for doing a crappy job. Dennison's too soft-spoken to light a fire under their butts.

WildHorse
10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I would prefer that the broncos demonstrate the ability to run the ball down any team's throat, but absent that ability I will gladly settle for a W by any other means. It appears to me that Plummer and Co. do have the ability to move/score through the air if the D focuses on the running game. I suspect the broncos will have the ability to run the ball if a D focuses on taking the air away. I'm not sure I've seen that many teams that do a fantastic job of both at the same time.

GIVEME6
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
One thing that really worries me is the FOSTER vs. PEPPERS battle that will be taking place Sunday. George hasn't seen a rusher like Peppers this season since the Panther use their DEs differently than what most NFL teams do, meaning that the speed rusher is usually lined up on LT which would be a right handed QB's blindside. I hope Foster can handle it, and I hope we bootleg all game long.

Elway62860
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by urinal_cake
Thats whats missing. Gibbs isn't on the sidelines to rip the O-line for doing a crappy job. Dennison's too soft-spoken to light a fire under their butts.

That may be the case, If it is, They need to get new linemen.

One of the very few intelligent things ever to come out of Dan Reeves mouth was "If I have to motivate my players, I need new players" I agree with that.

I don't think guys like Neil, or Nalen need to be yelled to to know they are sucking wind.

If thats what they need (some yelling), I would be happy do that job for free.

I would stack up our interior 3 against any other team. (based on previous perfomances, Not this year...yet).

WildHorse
10-05-2004, 07:52 PM
I suspect that if Denver can control Carolina's running game, the game result will be pretty inevitable. I don't believe the Cats passing game can dominate the broncos second-ranked (still?) passing D. Whether the broncos can score a LOT on Carolina might not be much of an issue if Carolina can't run on Denver. I wonder if Coyer is game-planning it this way??

I'm wild-guessing Denver over Carolina, 13-6.

WildHorse
10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Can we run against the Panthers?

Probably.

Do we HAVE to?

No. We could probably win through the air.

However, the Panthers DO have to establish a strong running game or they are likely in very tough shape.

CONative2291984
10-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by WildHorse
Can we run against the Panthers?

Probably.

Do we HAVE to?

No. We could probably win through the air.

However, the Panthers DO have to establish a strong running game or they are likely in very tough shape.

i totally agree, its like you took the words right outta my mouth.

BroncoManiac_69
10-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by CONative2291984
i totally agree, its like you took the words right outta my mouth.

Ditto.

I think Jake will have another big day in the air. And why not? The key will be using the air game to establish the running game??? :goofy:

blackcat
10-05-2004, 08:40 PM
A quick recap on the Panthers D vs. other teams rushing thus far.

Green Bay ran lining up 6 on the line of scrimmage (making a tackle an eligible receiver) and with Ahman Green did ok running. Their key was they made over 60% of their 3rd downs but their average was only 3.2 yards per carry, last year GB had 3 backs that averaged 5 yards per carry.

Vs. KC, Holmes was held to around 60 yards.

Vs. Atlanta, Duckett and Dunn had good days running but we also had to contend with stopping Vick. We stopped Vick (held to 35 yards rushing) but not the other two. Atlanta got over 30% of their first downs on penalties. That probably won't repeat itself. This allowed Atlanta to keep the ball and wear out the D.

The Panthers don't blitz as often as other teams, instead preferring to pressure the QB with just their front 4. The pressure from the front 4 is often good enough. With Mark Fields back from cancer this year, his game adds another element to the defense. His last year playing, he had 7.5 sacks and led the team in tackles.

OrangeCrush5280
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
We will run the ball fine if Tatum, Garrison, or Reuben is in. That type of power is what we need against these pro-bowl defensive linemen. A back to fit the system...

communist
10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Guys dont forget that Denver aint that bad through the air. We have some good receivers, and Jake has proved to us in the last few weeks that if the running game is not going good, he can throw it for some distance. Lelie has also made some significant plays in the last few weeks, and Rod Smith is always his pro self.

I dont think that the run will be very successfull, but if we can mix it up a little, we can get the Carolina D second guess all the time.

GO BRONCOS! Make it 4-1 next week.

dred
10-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Carolina is rated #29 against the run.

:goofy:

Guys, Panthers are NOT the same team as they were last season.
Both their offense and defense is in tatters right now.

I predict Q to break over 150 yards on them.

Dred has spoken.

:D

JRWIZ
10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
From CBS sportsline

October 5, 2004 11:04 AM ET
Broncos: Griffin expected to play
The News
Broncos coach Mike Shanahan suggested that Quentin Griffin's ankle injury would not jeopardize his availability for Sunday's game against the Panthers. "It's not something that it's a big question if he'll play," Shanahan told the Rocky Mountain News. "He'll play, but with those ankles, you never know."
Our View
So basically Griffin is one tweak away from the sideline on Sunday and may even get vultured in short-yardage and goal line situations. However, the Panthers rank fourth from the bottom of the league in rushing yards allowed per game (142) and second to last in running back rushing scores per game (1.7). Griffin is worth the gamble this week.

Javalon
10-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Just thought I'd post this snippet from SI.com for anybody who's interested:

Quoted from SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/10/06/bc.fbn.broncosnotebook.ap/index.html)

DENVER (AP) -- Running back Tatum Bell has been a spectator more than a participant in his first three months with the Denver Broncos. That should change this weekend when Denver hosts the Carolina Panthers.

"I think he's ready," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday. "He should be at full speed."

A rib injury kept Bell inactive for Game 3 against San Diego. He was used on special teams last week at Tampa Bay.

Bell missed almost all of training camp with a broken finger. This after a short contract holdout caused a late arrival to camp.

"The ribs are fine and the pins are out of my broken finger," Bell said. "I'm chomping at the bit now."

Bell saw limited action in games against Kansas City and Jacksonville. He combined for 27 yards on six carries playing behind Quentin Griffin.

"I still have a lot to show this team and I want to show them this week," Bell said. "I could have gone last week, but the coaches held me out."

Jim
10-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Plus this from the homepage

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=3365

Perry1977
10-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I hope Bell develops into a great runner for us!

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-06-2004, 05:45 PM
LETS GO TATUM!

theshiverman
10-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
So they are assuming Bell is gonna be the starter this week? Well it dont matter, but hope he does, Im really anxious to see our running game get back to normal. Im not dissing Q, I'd luv to see him put some pretty moves on these defenders but its almost like theyve learned his running style and are stuffing him at the line of scrimmage every down. Plus Ive always said that Bell will be starting by game 5 and it looks an awful lot like thats about to happen! YEAHAAAA BABY! Even if he doesnt start this week, all he needs to do is break one for a TD and then he will start the next week.

Helderht_
10-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I would like to Say LETS GO RB's cuz' all of our RB must do a good job... I like Q so bad but It's time to give the chance to another RB so anyone that will step in our backfield must play well

EMCF
10-06-2004, 07:15 PM
First thing we need to do is Bomb it out, we have to let them know we intend to go deep. They should loosen up and give whoever is running more room to operate. If they put 8 guys up there again I think my head will explode.

bleedbluorange
10-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Well isnt this ironic? Portis started the fifth game as well. Well I dont know if Bell will start, but everything looks in place. He is 100%. I like what Lynch had to say. GO BRONCOS .... Good Luck Tatum

OrangeCrush5280
10-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
So they are assuming Bell is gonna be the starter this week? Well it dont matter, but hope he does, Im really anxious to see our running game get back to normal. Im not dissing Q, I'd luv to see him put some pretty moves on these defenders but its almost like theyve learned his running style and are stuffing him at the line of scrimmage every down. Plus Ive always said that Bell will be starting by game 5 and it looks an awful lot like thats about to happen! YEAHAAAA BABY!
True, I remember you calling it! Week 5, nice call & GO TATUM!

CONative2291984
10-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Just thought I'd post this snippet from SI.com for anybody who's interested:

Yo Jav that last part when Bell said "I wanted to go, but the coaches held me out" makes my Bell injury statement TRUE. I said that Shanahan made up an injury for Bell last week to hold him out so other teams cant get film on him. Thats exactly what happened. Shanny is a shady dude guys, we should all know that by now with all the "circumventing the cap" stuff. Plus he just looks like a shady guy to me anyway. Hes been fined in the past for lying about injuries btw.

communist
10-06-2004, 09:11 PM
out of curiosity, does anyone remember Portis' stats for the game 5 in which he started? Lets compare them to Bell's after sunday... if Bell gets better stats, well isnt the world in for a surprise then...

Javalon
10-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Portis started against the Chargers in game 5 of the 2002 season.

He had 20 carries for 102 yards, 2 receptions for 17 yards and a TD.

Now, I still haven't heard anything official about Bell starting this weekend. Isn't Griffin still expected to start despite his ankle?

bleedbluorange
10-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Portis started against the Chargers in game 5 of the 2002 season.

He had 20 carries for 102 yards, 2 receptions for 17 yards and a TD.

Now, I still haven't heard anything official about Bell starting this weekend. Isn't Griffin still expected to start despite his ankle? Yeah, I think so. I cant see Bell starting if Q can go. BTW How many carries did Portis have in the first 4 games before he actually started?

Javalon
10-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
BTW How many carries did Portis have in the first 4 games before he actually started?
Ask and ye shall receive. :) He had 35 carries for 204 yards total over his first 4 games.

bleedbluorange
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Ask and ye shall receive. :) He had 35 carries for 204 yards total over his first 4 games. Thanks........From the looks of those stats Portis was alot surer bet than Bell is now. I remember seeing Portis that year before he was the starter. You could tell he was eventually gonna start. With Bell it's more wishful thinking than anything I've seen. Although the little bit Ive seen of him during the season shows promise

Javalon
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
Thanks........From the looks of those stats Portis was alot surer bet than Bell is now. I remember seeing Portis that year before he was the starter. You could tell he was eventually gonna start. With Bell it's more wishful thinking than anything I've seen. Although the little bit Ive seen of him during the season shows promise
Yeah, Bell is tougher to judge since we haven't seen all that much of him thanks to his various injuries. I think the offensive line was also playing better for Portis back then than they are right now. I'm still not giving up on Quentin but I'd like to see if Bell does any better with our current offensive line.

caveatemptor
10-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Man I really hope Bell gets the start. I think he's one of the most talented backs coming out of college in recent years. I didn't think the Broncos were even looking at him too seriously so when he got drafted, I was extremely pleasantly surprised. I made a big stink with all my friends, I'm in Houston so many of em' aren't Broncos fans, that if we drafted Tatum Bell, he'd carry us to a Superbowl within three years. Bold, I know, but now just the thought of him getting a start makes me really excited.

bleedbluorange
10-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Yeah, Bell is tougher to judge since we haven't seen all that much of him thanks to his various injuries. I think the offensive line was also playing better for Portis back then than they are right now. I'm still not giving up on Quentin but I'd like to see if Bell does any better with our current offensive line. I really dont think the O-line is as bad as ppl make it out to be. I think it is a matter of reading running lanes and hitting them with authority. I think Hearst and Droughns have done just that. But both have limited speed and burst. Obviously Q has more talent, but he may rely on it too much.

Imagine how Bell is gonna come through the lanes that Droughns had in the first half of the Tampa Game.

JHoward
10-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Well guys it seems that everyone is talkin loud about how Steven Davis might play Sunday. I am seeing all the hype and I think to myself "so what, we're shutting down all the big time runners thus far so bring it!" Which one will we really need to shutdown, Davis or the back up Foster? What do you guys think?

BroncFanInPA
10-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Both :D

BossBruce
10-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
Both :D

I think the question is...will we stop either one?

Priest runs all over us week 1...
We shut down Fred Taylor week 2...
We shut down LT week 3...
Michael Pittman (his first game all season) runs all over us week 4...

Which run D shows up for us? I hope its the one from the San Diego/Jacksonville games...

JHoward
10-07-2004, 07:54 AM
I think the question is...will we stop either one?

Youre right, what was the deal with Pittman? Why couldnt we stop that guy?

mattos
10-07-2004, 07:59 AM
perhaps we were playing a bit softer figuring that tampa couldn't beat us w/ the run. that is just a guess though b/c i was only watching the game on gamecenter.

DenverFan07
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Well after looking at the past 4 weeks. We give a lot of yards Week # 1, Week's #2 & # 3 we shut down the run. Then Week # 4 we give up yards again.

Only thing I can take out of this is...The next 2 weeks we will shut down the run again! :D :goofy:

WildHorse
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Most of Pittman's yards came AFTER the long pass play to Clayton. The bronco D loosened up a bit after that.

When debating all this Q vs Tatum vs Portis stuff regarding who should be the main horse, remember back to Portis' first training camp? Remember all the buzz about how this guy was the next great RB, how TD said he'd break all his records, all the players being amazed by him, etc. I haven't heard anything remotely like that out of 2004 training camp, preseason, or currently regarding Bell.

Not saying Q or Bell is or isn't "the man", I'm just saying the hype level (out of the Broncos) isn't remotely the same as in 2002 about Portis.

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Okay.. here it is... a few minutes before game time, so lets get ready to kick this thing off. :D

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Hopefully Droughns carries the load, and maybe we will get to see Bell break off a few nice runs?

Forever_Elway
10-10-2004, 01:04 PM
is droughns the starting back?

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Broncos85
is droughns the starting back?

Yes. See homepage

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Q is out, Davis is out for the Panthers

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
The Charger game has already started and this FOX crew is still blabbing.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:15 PM
alright here we go! no mistakes fellas.

Gbt31
10-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Jim who is that girl in your sig pic???

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:17 PM
check out droughns breaking tackles and fighting for yards. nice to see.

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mattos
check out droughns breaking tackles and fighting for yards. nice to see.

i'm lovin' him!!

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:19 PM
HOLY COW!!!! oh my!!! REUBEN ROCKS!!!!

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
i'm lovin' him!!

woohoo big run! me too. its great to see a back carry defenders.

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Gbt31
Hey Jim who is that girl in your sig pic???

Miko Lee I *think*. :rockon:

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:20 PM
hoy **** droughns!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by #1 Griffin Fan
hoy **** droughns!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Theres the running game!

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:21 PM
oh ...my hou came all the way back and tied minn........cmon guys tell us whats going on....I can't bring myself to watch the rams/hawks:sad:

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:21 PM
champ! oh man you gotta hold on to that! i would never have expected him to drop that.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Booher
oh ...my hou came all the way back and tied minn........cmon guys tell us whats going on....I can't bring myself to watch the rams/hawks:sad:

FG good.

great running by droughns. plummer's passes were OK but he missed a guy. bailey dropped the first down catch - hit him right in his hands and no one was on him.

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:24 PM
(Sigh) 3 is better than nothing... Jason is my MVP

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Can anyone recap what happened? Link at KOA doesn't seem to work(got a blank rectangular box)

powder
10-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Same here Booher! :( :(

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Cats better get their points early....denver gives up nothing in the 4th quarter

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Aol is working... koa is working too

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
yay! 32 yard completion, but who is kyle johnson?

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
jaaaaaaaaaake yeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by mattos
yay! 32 yard completion, but who is kyle johnson?

Droughns backup at FB

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
12 yard pickup by droughns to the outside

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
yes! nice catch Johnson!! - 32 yards! Wooo, and now Droughns with another first down!

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
K. Johnson?

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by mattos
yay! 32 yard completion, but who is kyle johnson?

the guy who just caught the pass:confused: :D

EddyMac87
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
god damn texan game is in overtime.....i can't watch it till thats over...ugh:mad:

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:29 PM
watts just FLEW over some guy. heehee.

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Kyle Johnson is our backup Fullback...

Starter today

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:29 PM
get the td this time:fight:

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Booher
get the td this time:fight:

Yes, we need to ******* score TD's!

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Booher
the guy who just caught the pass:confused: :D

you will die! :)

Ohio Broncos
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by EddyMac87
god damn texan game is in overtime.....i can't watch it till thats over...ugh:mad:

I wish I had that problem......:rolleyes:

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Elway, how did you get to the link for the game? I used the search box?

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
watts just FLEW over some guy. heehee.

yeah, good thing he's fast and can jump - otherwise that would have gone nowhere.

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Offense is moving the ball pretty good so far.

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by mattos
you will die! :)

eventually you are correct:D

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
we need a td :(

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Damn I wish I could watch the game... :cheeky:

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
my beer would taste better w/ a broncos td:)

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
damn...another FG attempt

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
Elway, how did you get to the link for the game? I used the search box?

Koa you have to register otherwise the box doesn't work, even though you clicked listen

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
ahhhh man.... well, a FG....

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
4th down again. smith dropped the 3rd down pass. before that plummer threw one behind watts.

FG good.

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Jim
Damn I wish I could watch the game... :cheeky:

I keep telling myself every week I am going to hooters to watch the game and here I am at home chatting to see the results....ugh

ImaBroncosFan
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Can somebody give me a link to the broncos game on 850KOA. I cant find it.

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
another fg :(
god dam it, just use run the ball with droughns when we're close to the end zone!

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Damn, what is wrong with us in the red zone...

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Same as preseason.. we start to move the ball but have a hard time putting 7 on the board.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by ImaBroncosFan
Can somebody give me a link to the broncos game on 850KOA. I cant find it.

http://www.850koa.com/listen/live.html

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Man oh man, I just got out of the shower, Droughns is kicking ass.

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Booher
I keep telling myself every week I am going to hooters to watch the game and here I am at home chatting to see the results....ugh

Haha! My ass would be at Hooters fo' sho!

DSD2256
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
god damn, we were running it very well, why keep passing! lol

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Thank god for Elam

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:35 PM
holy san diego! 14-0!

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:36 PM
we're gona kill the cats today. I can feel it, Droughns with a 150 yard performance or so :)

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:36 PM
I knew it.......they are good.....jax is soooooooo overrated

ImaBroncosFan
10-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks :)

charel5
10-10-2004, 01:36 PM
What's wrong with the offense ???

Only 6 points ...

I want TD, no FG !!!!

No more FG. We really need to do a better job in the red zone !

charel5
10-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by #1 Griffin Fan
we're gona kill the cats today. I can feel it, Droughns with a 150 yard performance or so :)

Yeah baby !!!!

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by charel5
What's wrong with the offense ???

Only 6 points ...

I want TD, no FG !!!!

No more FG. We really need to do a better job in the red zone !

the problem so far has been dropped passes. both smith and bailey dropped a 3rd down completion.

GriffinRB22
10-10-2004, 01:37 PM
oh man Bell is so good


ha ha he cant do nutin we should just let RD run the ball but when Q gets back next week were going to have an awesome running game

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Rueben has been impressive so far.

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Man our secondary is sick, no team can pass on us!

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by #1 Griffin Fan
Man our secondary is sick, no team can pass on us!

Yes that is the difference this year

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GriffinRB22
oh man Bell is so good


ha ha he cant do nutin we should just let RD run the ball but when Q gets back next week were going to have an awesome running game

q?.........q?........droughns baby...heck yea.........q who?

DSD2256
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
we are complaining about field goals, but our defense keeps teams out of the endzone, and we should be happy we arent miami, we can actually move the ball, just some minor tweaks and we are putting up 7 every time down, just be happy we are putting points up.

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GriffinRB22
oh man Bell is so good


ha ha he cant do nutin we should just let RD run the ball but when Q gets back next week were going to have an awesome running game

Bell has had to rushes, give him time. So far Droughns looks awesome though.

PatrickdaDookie
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Beautiful play by Bailey.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Booher
Yes that is the difference this year

quite the turnaround eh?

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Platooning Bell and Reuben is enough. Putting Q in there too will make it hard for anyone to gain a rhythm.

charel5
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Bell's not really in the game yet. He will need some time to show what he can do.

He need to work his way up into the field !!!!

let's wait and see !!!

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DSD2256
we are complaining about field goals, but our defense keeps teams out of the endzone, and we should be happy we arent miami, we can actually move the ball, just some minor tweaks and we are putting up 7 every time down, just be happy we are putting points up.

yea when coaches forget the 3 and go for the 7 it usually bites them in the ass

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Im lovin the D!!!!1

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
NICE TACKLE CHAMP!

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Panthers punting...lets get 6!

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Champ may not catch that well, but he sure tackles good.

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Against a low scoring team 3's are okay

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:42 PM
and shuts down the #1 receiver.errrrrrrr is there one of those on the cats anymore?......:laugh:

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Booher
and shuts down the #1 receiver.errrrrrrr is there one of those on the cats anymore?......:laugh:

hey, then we'll shut down the #3

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Delhomme is 3/5 for 6 yards. :laugh:

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
LETS GET A DAMN TOUCHDOWN!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
We still need to be putting 7 on the board, enough of the 3's.

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Jake for eight.

EddyMac87
10-10-2004, 01:45 PM
YES!!!

the effin texan game is finally over

Mat'hir Uth Gan
10-10-2004, 01:45 PM
What the hell is going on in San Diego? Drew Brees is gonna make the Pro Bowl at this rate. /boggle

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:45 PM
we're gona win this game, our defense is unstoppable

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:45 PM
End of the first.

SkyVortex
10-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Being a Broncos fan a few states away without a dish hurts my feelings.
Seriously.

These posts help more than you guys know.

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:47 PM
PA to Droughns, then bomb it to Lelie. C'mon...

JLesSPE
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SkyVortex
Being a Broncos fan a few states away without a dish hurts my feelings.
Seriously.

These posts help more than you guys know.

I'm in the same boat, i hate missouri during football season!!!!

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
ugh, i dont like the call to throw on 3rd and 1. common, droughns can get that.

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SkyVortex
Being a Broncos fan a few states away without a dish hurts my feelings.
Seriously.

These posts help more than you guys know.

Go here: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041010_CAR@DEN.shtml


WHY DID WE PASS ON 3 and 1?

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mattos
ugh, i dont like the call to throw on 3rd and 1. common, droughns can get that.

I agree...we don't need to get cute with these guys.

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by EMCF
Go here: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041010_CAR@DEN.shtml


WHY DID WE PASS ON 3 and 1?
we shoulda ran the ball :sad:

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:49 PM
again we have a hard time converting on 3rd down. :sad:

welderhead
10-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Sounds like Jake's using vaseline on the ball...

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 01:49 PM
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 01:51 PM
HOLDING! back em up!

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Stupid central iowa TV...I get the rams vs s'hawks game :(

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Damn you radio delay!

SkyVortex
10-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by EMCF
Go here: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041010_CAR@DEN.shtml


WHY DID WE PASS ON 3 and 1?
I've got both up at 8 a.m. Sunday mornings. :p

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:52 PM
San Diego looks like bloody New England out there...

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:53 PM
D-fense D-fense

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:53 PM
3rd and 6! stuff em!

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:54 PM
damnit

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:54 PM
darn!!! stupid keary colbert.

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:54 PM
dam.........

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Who does Delhomer think he is making that play? LOL

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
what is the rule on blocking from behind on offense. on that pass just then, one of our linemen was shoved down from behind. is that against the rules?

DSD2256
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
gamecenter is SO damn slow today, pissing me offf....

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
We can't give up the big pass!!! Come on D! :mad:

welderhead
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Don't blame Iowa, Broncocy, I got the same problem here in Colorado.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
lol. announcer "here's Goings. and he's goings nowhere."

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
3rd and 12....stuff em NOW!

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
bailey :)

Booher
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
bend but don't break

orang/blu in LA
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mattos
lol. announcer "here's Goings. and he's goings nowhere."

i know, i heard that and laughed/groaned. :)

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
3rd and 12....


YES, 4TH DOWN!

PatrickdaDookie
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Bailey looks outstanding.

mattos
10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
3rd and 12....stuff em NOW!

bailey w/ the big open field tackle for a loss.

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Two Jakes enter.. one Jake leaves!!

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Way to go Champ! YOU DA MAN!

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Atta way CHAMP!

Forever_Elway
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Champ is rackin up some tackles out there:fight:

Elway
10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Call him Nick Goings No-Where!! :D

The Dark Knight
10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Elway
Two Jakes enter.. one Jake leaves!!


LOL!!!!!


Holy ***** that's funny.

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Sauerbrun is their MVP...

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Damn fair catches, I want to see Luke take it all the way.

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Carolina is down to their 2nd string FB for their RB...I like that.

Jim
10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
So...do we get a TD here? :rolleyes:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
San Diego another passing TD....Brees for MVP, this is ridiculous.

Jax is destroying Tomlinson though. Looks like SD is our main competition this year...im not sure exactly how...

EMCF
10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
21 - 0 for the chargers!

:goofy:

#1 Griffin Fan
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
SD 21- 0 Jax

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Nice run Rueben... Holding... GRRRRRRR

mattos
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
21 yard run by droughns brought back by a hold.

BroncosZBlitz
10-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Bailey must have felt bored not having anything ball thrown his way, so he decided to change his task

welderhead
10-10-2004, 02:02 PM
So who's covering Smith? Where are the slants?

EMCF
10-10-2004, 02:02 PM
3 and 12....


GAH, incomplete.

BroncoManiac_69
10-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Stalling in the 2nd qtr again. What is going on here? :confused:

BroncoCy
10-10-2004, 02:02 PM
we are punting....must we let them stay in the game like this...i dont like this battle of field position...

SkyVortex
10-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Who got the holding call?