PDA

View Full Version : Most Versatile Player In The NFL?

Rollo
09-05-2011, 11:53 PM
My Vote Goes To Brad Smith

Dude Was a Receiver With The Jets. Caught 64 Passes in 5 Years, On Top Of 767 Rushing Yards. Returns Kicks and Punts. Covered Kicks and attained 51 Tackles and Guess What

Hes Listed as 3RD String Quarterback on the Bills Website. Thats Versatile. Can Really Do Anything.

InsaneBlaze23
09-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Does it have to be a today player?
Because everyone in the NFL past time was more versatile than any player today.

Every player on offense, played Defense. So once you was done running down the field, you switch sides and do it again. The center was a lineman, the QB was a LB, the WR's was DB's.

Rollo
09-05-2011, 11:58 PM

Every player on offense, played Defense. So once you was done running down the field, you switch sides and do it again. The center was a lineman, the QB was a LB, the WR's was DB's.

Yeah, Today. Or Extremely Recently

fallforward3y+
09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
nowadays there aren't very many, except Brad Smith...Seneca Wallace could be pretty versitale from what I know, but his teams are afraid to experiment...Troy Brown recently could play DB,KR,WR..and I remember a game where Brandon Jacobs played LB vs atl for a snap and made a good tackle on Crumpler

kolbywhite28
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Brad Smith for me.

Hoserman117
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Any CB could play WR right now, they would just suck.

Standards back then were pretty low for players, I don't think that makes them more versatile. Most DT's right now could learn how to play OC and OG, most DE's could be blocking TE's. I wouldn't really say players from back then qualify.

GridironChamp
09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Wasn't it Branch who played CB for a year or two as well as WR
for NE his first time around, or was that another one of their WRs??

I'd still say Brad Smith though.