PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels to coach the Chiefs?

Remedy
09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
http://nfl.si.com/2011/09/19/cruel-twist-of-fate-awaiting-todd-haley/

Would be nice to have McDoofus dismantle another team in the division

HavoK471
09-23-2011, 09:14 PM
That's not good for us

McDaniels is very good at making the Broncos look bad

Kyousukeneko
09-24-2011, 12:29 AM
doubt it, if the cheifs hire anything it will start with the demoting of Pioli.

Safety
09-24-2011, 12:42 AM
they're not gonna demote Pioli. He's pretty new there, only in his 3rd season.

but I'm afraid if Haley doesn't get things turned around in a hurry, he won't get the chance to fulfill the 4th year of his contract.

It's not Pioli's fault that Jamal Charles, Eric Berry and Moeaki are out for the season with torn ACL's.

Cassell is a big question mark, not sure he's the guy to lead them where they want to go.

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Who would be crazy enough to hire McD?

SoundsOfSuccess
09-24-2011, 07:02 PM
How bad would it be if he were successful there...

johnlimburg
09-24-2011, 07:46 PM
I hope he does for two reasons.

I would love to see Mcdaniels get back at Coach Todd Hayley.

I would love to see him ruin that football team. He has a 100% strike rate at doing that as a head coach so hopefully he can keep up that success rate in Kansas City.

shawinkerpoppin
09-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I dont see anyone getting fired after this season for the chiefs. I could see Cassel getting cut. The chiefs won the division last year and it could be said that this year is a "fluke" due to injuries. In my opinion they just flat out suck. Even with the injuries I would still expect them to put up a fight. And im not sure what cassel's reason for being trash is but a 3rd poor performance in a row and he will be on the bench.

baphamet
09-24-2011, 11:47 PM
i have been hearing about this all week here in chief country. at least in KC josh wouldn't have total control like he did in Denver, it could work and think it is likely to happen if KC doesn't get it turned around soon.

baphamet
09-24-2011, 11:53 PM
I dont see anyone getting fired after this season for the chiefs. I could see Cassel getting cut. The chiefs won the division last year and it could be said that this year is a "fluke" due to injuries. In my opinion they just flat out suck. Even with the injuries I would still expect them to put up a fight. And im not sure what cassel's reason for being trash is but a 3rd poor performance in a row and he will be on the bench.

what the writer of that article failed to mention is the rumors of pioli and Haley no longer on speaking terms, there is friction between the two.

so if true, i can definitely see them making a move if this turns into a horrid season. especially if they did draft luck, MCD would be a great guy to bring in to work with a guy like luck.

and yeah that wouldn't be good for either of our teams IMO. :sad:

jetrazor74
09-25-2011, 12:03 AM
I agree with baph.

McDaniels wasn't a bad coach, he was a rookie coach who had too much power and he made mistakes. It was bound to happen.

I've always felt that he would make a great HC somewhere in the NFL someday. Denver was just not his time.

If the Chiefs hire him, AND they win the Suck for Luck race (which they are my favorite to win by a long shot) then the AFCW could be in trouble for a long time.

johnlimburg
09-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Mcdaniels is a control freak but on a different level then other control freak coaches. He is a bully who surrounded himself with yes men. His staff. He would probably come in and rid of all of his experienced coaches on that staff. Mcdaniels was not a good coach at all. Nor was he a good general manager. He didn't let his coaches coach and failed to recognize and adjust his schemes to fit players. He took players confidence away from them and just flat out was terrible all around.

There is no evidence what so ever from the Denver experiment to suggest he can be a good coach. None what so ever.

I would love for him to go to KC.

GridironChamp
09-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Mcdaniels is a control freak but on a different level then other control freak coaches. He is a bully who surrounded himself with yes men. His staff. He would probably come in and rid of all of his experienced coaches on that staff. Mcdaniels was not a good coach at all. Nor was he a good general manager. He didn't let his coaches coach and failed to recognize and adjust his schemes to fit players. He took players confidence away from them and just flat out was terrible all around.

There is no evidence what so ever from the Denver experiment to suggest he can be a good coach. None what so ever.

I would love for him to go to KC.

You're right, there is no evidence of it, but I feel he could be a solid HC. If he
were to come here, I would think Pioli wouldn't let him have near as much power
he did in Den and that would really help.

I'm not for McD being in KC, but I'm not 100% against it either.

BarkdogRX7
09-25-2011, 03:06 PM
That would work out in Denver's fashion, I would see him trading away that TEAM to us for the nobodies he loved here in Denver. Bowe for Brady Quinn or something lol, Derrick Johnson for Joe Mays lol

InsaneBlaze23
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
If the Chiefs hired McD, it would probably be the start if his "road to being a great coach".

He would probably make em great just to beat Denver.

Safety
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I hope he does for two reasons.

I would love to see Mcdaniels get back at Coach Todd Hayley.

I would love to see him ruin that football team. He has a 100% strike rate at doing that as a head coach so hopefully he can keep up that success rate in Kansas City.

don't think you can ruin the Chiefs worse than what ole Herm Edwards did. that's a pretty tough feat to beat.

JayJack
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
The Rams are 0-3 right now. If this trend continues, Spags might get the axe and McD may take over as HC.

KCLadyFan
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
http://nfl.si.com/2011/09/19/cruel-twist-of-fate-awaiting-todd-haley/

Would be nice to have McDoofus dismantle another team in the division

Yeah get rid of one idiot just to bring in another one..makes perfect sense and I wouldn't put it past the Chiefs to make a boneheaded move like this.

johnlimburg
09-27-2011, 04:48 AM
don't think you can ruin the Chiefs worse than what ole Herm Edwards did. that's a pretty tough feat to beat.

DId you see what he done in Denver.

You're right, there is no evidence of it, but I feel he could be a solid HC. If he
were to come here, I would think Pioli wouldn't let him have near as much power
he did in Den and that would really help.

I'm not for McD being in KC, but I'm not 100% against it either.

Yeah well sure he had to much responsibility and has no head for scouting or making personnel moves but he shown zip as a coach. Play calling, adjustments, scheme selection, player management, staff management. He failed in every aspect

He was just overall awful.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't think 1 year is enough time for Mcdaniels to grow enough to be successful as a head coach, and I don't see the appeal right now; just look at his 'great offense' in St.Louis. Two things were constant during all of those years where the Patriots were a powerhouse: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Just my :2cents:

fightinglee
09-29-2011, 09:06 PM
If he does take over, we have real shot at picking up a few of their better players when he ships them out.

Passepartout
10-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Plus heard that Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt, doesn't like him at all. So that could be very interesting just IF McDaniels does go there!

johnlimburg
10-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Plus heard that Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt, doesn't like him at all. So that could be very interesting just IF McDaniels does go there!

Mcdaniels has no problem getting rid of good players so I could imagine he would just cut him.

marcus_miller
10-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't think 1 year is enough time for Mcdaniels to grow enough to be successful as a head coach, and I don't see the appeal right now; just look at his 'great offense' in St.Louis. Two things were constant during all of those years where the Patriots were a powerhouse: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Just my :2cents:

I don't think McD is doing much cheating in St. Louis!............................yet

kcvet
10-06-2011, 06:58 AM
after the a** flaming Haley took from Casel we don't need no f'n Mcdaniels.

you'll now get an over dose of Battle. he's been moved up to starting RB.

looks like the rookie Baldwin will start sun

Chiefs added running back Shaun Draughn to their practice squad Wednesday morning and released offensive lineman Butch Lewis to make room.

its rumored Haley and Casel have scheduled an a** flaming argument in sundays game plan

bjoli198
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM
If the Chiefs hired McD, it would probably be the start if his "road to being a great coach".

He would probably make em great just to beat Denver.

Kinda what Mike Shanahan did in Denver, just to beat the Raiders? :)