PDA

View Full Version : Hue Jackson

Puddleglum
10-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I know I have been critical of the Raiders, I thought they would take a step backwards without Cable. That all changed when I saw this post game press conference (http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d822c64e0/Raiders-postgame-press-conference) after the Patriots game.

I like a lot of what he said, especially when I compare it to what Norv said after playing the Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-chargers/09000d5d8225d7da/Chargers-postgame-press-conference).

I'm curious as to how others would appraise the HC of the Raiders these days.

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I wanted to see the big bully Hue Jackson said he was building up.He said in his last couple of press conferences he was building a bully to bully on teams,it seems he got bullied on against the Patriots.New England gave other teams the recipe to beat the Raiders.

Start out running the ball,then pass the ball.

They ran the ball 50 percent and passed the ball 50 percent :paper:

I want to watch the Raiders play Green Bay and the Bears this season,it will be a real challenge for them.

RaiderFanSD
10-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I wanted to see the big bully Hue Jackson said he was building up.He said in his last couple of press conferences he was building a bully to bully on teams,it seems he got bullied on against the Patriots.New England gave other teams the recipe to be the Raiders.

Start out running the ball,then pass the ball.

They ran the ball 50 percent and passed the ball 50 percent :paper:

I want to watch the Raiders play Green Bay and the Bears this season,it will be a real challenge for them.

Our O-line bully's teams, that's about it.

Our D-line is very inconsistent, and basically ineffective with the Al Davis scheme we run. Every a couple of years we get a new DC, and every year it's the same scheme.

New England gave other teams the recipe to be the Raiders.

Good thing for the Raiders is that not every team has as good of an O-line, & QB as the Patriots. Besides, they sure didn't stop us on O, we had like 500+ yards.

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Our O-line bully's teams, that's about it.

Our D-line is very inconsistent, and basically ineffective with the Al Davis scheme we run. Every a couple of years we get a new DC, and every year it's the same scheme.

Good thing for the Raiders is that not every team has as good of an O-line, & QB as the Patriots. Besides, they sure didn't stop us on O, we had like 500+ yards. I agree.It was said Rolando McClain was very inconsistent in this game.He is a very solid MLB against the pass and not so consistent against the run.They need better play out of him if the Raiders move forward toward the playoffs.

Also Jason Campbell had his chance to put himself in the class of greatness and came up short against Brady and the Patriots throwing 2 ints,one in which was in the redzone and could have been a scoring drive.

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Hue hasn't lost any confidence since losing to the Patriots.He still thinks the Raiders will win the AFC West.Hopefully,the broncos are up to the challenge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/hue-jackson-we-are-going-to-win-the-afc-west/

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/26/SPDE1LM85G.DTL

Vittorio Tafur,

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Marcel Reese was injured a month ago. He's ready to come back, but at the same time, he's glad his coach has his back.

Raiders offense has 2 weeks to get on same page

Though Raiders head coach Hue Jackson loves to roll the dice on the field, one thing he doesn't gamble with is his players' health. He will wait and wait until the walking wounded - especially if they are quick-twitch offensive players - are close to 100 percent before letting them have their helmet back.

Take fullback Marcel Reece, who rolled his ankle in the game against the Jets on Sept. 25 and hasn't been heard from since then. The injury was more severe than originally thought and Jackson pretty much had to lock him in the locker room when practice started every day.

"I always feel like I'm ready, but like coach Jackson says, he has to save me from myself often," said Reece, who returned to the field Tuesday and hopes to play after the bye when the Raiders (4-3) host Denver (2-4) on Nov. 6.

Reece said he and his teammates appreciate Jackson's handling of injuries.

"Absolutely," Reece said. "You never want to go out there and have a setback. I'm trying to learn that right now. I tend to think I know everything at times, and I'm always ready and I'm always 100 percent.

"But, you know, he sat me down and talked to me one night and he was like, just stay calm and patient and he's going to get me back as soon as I'm ready."

McFadden update: Jackson said tests on running back Darren McFadden's sprained right foot revealed no structural damage. So now it's just rest and see.

"Yeah, I think all that's fine," Jackson said. "And I think what we'll do is just move forward and see exactly where he is. Can he run? Can he not run? What's going to be the diagnosis for his mid-foot sprain and let's go from there."

Kicker cashes in: Jackson expects kicker Sebastian Janikowsi (hamstring) back after the bye, and the Raiders therefore waived kicker Dave Rayner on Tuesday. He made roughly $45,000 for the opening kickoff Sunday, as he wasn't called on again all day. Nice work if you can get it. (The Raiders won't be re-signing cornerback Ron Parker, whom they cut for Rayner. Parker was claimed off waivers by the Seahawks.)

Preseason stats don't count: Carson Palmer, who threw three interceptions in his Raiders debut Sunday, said he felt as if he were playing in a preseason game.

"Just to get my feet wet, call a play in the huddle, throw a ball in live action and make errors and make mistakes," Palmer said. "It's much easier to learn from a mistake or an error than it is to learn from doing it right."

Nobody wants to lose 28-0 but ...

"I think there's a lot more good than people outside this building would recognize that we'll learn from and improve on and move on from," Palmer said.

New position: Backup Bruce Campbell is moving from guard to tackle, Jackson said. The coach said Campbell has been behind since coming to training camp with a knee injury.

BroncoSexyDaddy
11-07-2011, 01:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/

Hue’s honeymoon is over

Posted by Mike Florio on November 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EST

Apart from the obvious implications of a pair of ugly home losses in a division the Raiders dominated last year, there are clear signs that Oakland coach Hue Jackson has entered the post-honeymoon phase of his career as a head coach.

We’ve been hearing increasing chatter via our network of sources regarding a growing perception among players that Jackson’s power in the wake of the passing of owner Al Davis has gone to Jackson’s head. It’s believed within the locker room that Jackson is running the show; as one league source explained it, some players believe Jackson isn’t qualified to have that much power.

Punctuating the quietly growing sense of resentment was a team meeting from Saturday night in which Jackson warned players that he’s already looking at free agents and that he won’t hesitate to cut current members of the team and replace them. Whatever Jackson did to push the right buttons before the game against the Broncos didn’t work; Oakland lost by 14 points to a team that extensively used the kind of college-style read-option offense that isn’t supposed to work at the NFL level.

Winning, as we’ve seen elsewhere, can quickly quiet the complainers. Jackson gets a chance to get things under control come Thursday night, when the Raiders travel to San Diego for a game against the Chargers.

DevilSpawn
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/
We need a GM badly. Hue is a coach, a damn good coach, but he has too much GM stuff on his plate. We'll be fine next year, not so sure about the rest of the year.

BroncoSexyDaddy
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
We need a GM badly. Hue is a coach, a damn good coach, but he has too much GM stuff on his plate. We'll be fine next year, not so sure about the rest of the year.Sounds like another Josh McDaniels in the works to me ;)

The Experience
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Sounds like another Josh McDaniels in the works to me ;)

Hue doesn't have the ego that McD did. And he is a lot better coach.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-16-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19566814

Hue Jackson leaves himself open to some good-natured ridicule from his players

By Jerry McDonald

Posted: 12/16/2011 08:45:59 PM PST
Updated: 12/16/2011 10:00:58 PM PST

Part of Raiders coach Hue Jackson's plan to build a bully has apparently included regular visits to a Bay Area salon to have a manicure and pedicure.

A feature in ESPN The Magazine included a photo of Jackson relaxing in a recliner, his left foot submerged in a warm bath, his right foot being worked on by a nail care professional.

Jackson wears a look of contentment and has a gossip magazine on his lap, while two women receiving pedicures are chatting in chairs nearby.

Another photo shows Jackson getting the fingernails on his right hand manicured, his left hand soaking in a bowl.

The magazine went on newsstands Friday, but players and media members had already found Internet versions before practice started.

One player wanted to know if this was any way to build a bully, which has been Jackson's mantra since training camp in his attempt to build a physical team.

"I have taken it today," Jackson said when a reporter asked to see his nails. "That got out pretty fast."

The magazine article described Jackson's manicures and pedicures as part of his regular routine, as well as reading the gossip magazines, and something he does to relax. Jackson joked that it was a "team building" exercise.

As part of the Raiders' routine in the weekly Saturday meeting, Jackson often singles out a player for some good-natured ridicule, whether it is through relaying a story or finding an old picture or video.

"He busts us all the time, so don't think we're not going to take our shot," punter Shane Lechler said.

Chances are good wide receiver Denarius Moore will play against Detroit on Sunday, although it's yet to be determined if he'll start or how many snaps he'll get. He practiced for the third straight day but wasn't sure of his role and was listed as questionable. Moore has missed three games with a foot injury.

"There's no telling, that's something we're taking day by day," Moore said. "I think (Jackson is) going to test me, see where I am, see how far I can really just go out there and play. (It's) just something to get a feel for first."

Moore's presence as a playmaker could bring an extra man out of the box, as opponents have loaded up on running back Michael Bush over the past three games, limiting him to 2.9 yards per carry.

"To have him back in the lineup gives you an added tool, hopefully to play at a more successful level," offensive coordinator Al Saunders said of Moore. "He's a special young man, and we're real glad to have him back."

Moore did not return punts in practice, although Jackson didn't rule out using him in that role depending on the situation.

Saunders and Detroit defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham have been friends for more than 30 years, working together for the first time in the late 1970s at Cal and working on the same staffs with the San Diego Chargers in the mid- to late-'80s and the Kansas City Chiefs in the '90s and early 2000s.

Saunders hired Cunningham as his defensive line coach in San Diego when Saunders replaced Don Coryell as head coach and recommended him to Marty Schottenheimer when he was with the Chiefs.

"We've had a long history together," Saunders said. "Our wives are the closest of friends. Our children grew up together. I know when you compete against a Gunther-coached defense, you're going to compete against players that will play for 60 minutes in a very violent fashion and a very emotional fashion. That's the way he coaches, and that's the way his players play."

Listed as questionable along with Moore were free safety Michael Huff (hamstring) and defensive tackle John Henderson (knee). Running back Darren McFadden (foot), wide receiver Jacoby Ford (foot), quarterback Jason Campbell (collarbone) and cornerback Chris Johnson (personal matter) are out.

Those who are probable are wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (heel), wide receiver Louis Murphy (hip), center Samson Satele (shoulder), defensive tackle Tommy Kelly (toe) and defensive end Jarvis Moss (shoulder).

jwhitt1
12-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Really? What`s the point of this thread? Holy Fk....go count your Teblow bibles...

LordOfChaos
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
...and... fired...

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Raiders fired Hue Jackson. More on ESPN.

RaiderFanSD
01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
holy #@@#$@!!!!!!

things are different in Raider land that's for sure

ERoyal248
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd like him as OC..

Puddleglum
01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd like him as OC..

No kidding, I like the guy and he'll land on his feet. I don't think this is so much a statement on Jackson as it is just the new Raider GM (Reggie McKenzie?) tearing down and building from the ground up.

HavoK471
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hmm I think the Raiders made a mistake

But yeah I agree I think the new GM is going to restart the franchise