PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Pryor vs Jason Campbell

Kyousukeneko
10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
i would not be surprised to see Pryor as the starting QB in Oakland by the end of this season. campbell has not looked good this season. he is throwing things inaccurately. with a better throw the raiders would have a chance to score more then jankowski.

SoundsOfSuccess
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
I actually like what I've seen from Campbell this year.

If I'm them, I don't think a change should be warranted, especially since Pryor is still new to the system.

shawinkerpoppin
10-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Well now that al Davis is out of the picture idk. How much input did hue Jackson have with the Pryor pickup does anyone know?

Kyousukeneko
10-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I actually like what I've seen from Campbell this year.

If I'm them, I don't think a change should be warranted, especially since Pryor is still new to the system.

campbell doesn't have the deep accuracy to throw. alot of his ball that would have extended drives, or been big plays lead the WR out of bounds. they should have easily won this game.

RaiderFanSD
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
He's gonna need a LOT of coaching. I don't think Campbell is the answer, but I'm fine with Pryor on the bench for a couple of years.

Raiderfan76
10-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Campbell has terrible long ball accuracy, too indecisive and makes bone headed plays. I will say this though, he does excellent on play action.

I don't know anything about Pryor and I can't imagine him getting any playing time this year especially considering the Raiders chances at making the playoffs this year.
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/jsu/files/2010/11/playoffs.jpg

Yeah I said it lol....

demonicbroncos
10-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Pryor needs a offseason. Campbell is doing enough for the Raiders to move forward with for now.

Amari24
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Pryor would get demolished if he came in now. I honestly think he's more of a project than Tebow.

I don't even know what the Raiders drafted him for. Was it to be a WR/TE, or was Al thinking franchise QB?

If the Raiders want Pryor as their QB, he probably shouldn't start until next year, that way he'll have OTA's, Training Camp, and the pre season.

LarryDean
10-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Terrelle Pryor needs time to develop his mechanics and timing like most rookie QB's coming into the NFL ... He is far from a polished passer but has enough to decisively throw the 15 yard out ...

A big test for Pryor will be learning how to read defenses and going through his progressions wo locking on .. At this time he is not mature enough to be a leader of men and having to earn his role will go a long way for him ... Placed with the right coach and system he could turn the corner ... I think there is more then enough there to warrant investing time on him ...

His athletic ability is freakish and will translate into the NFL he can make things happen with his legs and once in the open field his strides and the amount turf he covers is insane ....He was a one of a kind athlete at Ohio St that you can't replace because of his freak of nature size and speed at the QB position ..

I would be real happy if I was Raider fan to have him on the roster ... Especially if he is giving time to grow into the position ... In comparison to the QB's that have been drafted the last couple of years ... The Raiders got a steal ..

EulYKdokw48

His ability athletic ability 1:08

His throwing ability 3:08 he is hitting the WR in full stride ...

One of the best passes I seen him throw was not in that highlight video but was against the U last year ... in this video ...

@ 1:22
BBognMAW9Es

One of biggest questions I had about Tebow coming out of college was would his athletic ability be great enough to translate into the NFL ... I have no doubt in Pryor's athletic ability in NFL.. His running and ability to make people miss will be similar even though the game is played at a much higher speed and ability in the NFL..His athletic ability will still show ...

milehighireland
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
could be seeing pryor before too long now

shawinkerpoppin
10-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Im still not sure if Pryor was al Davis guy or hue Jackson's guy.

DevilSpawn
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Pryor is way too raw. Boller is way too sucks. Lechler is way too swagger, but not a QB.

John Madden is apparently whispering into the ears of the front office, so if the Frank Caliendo skits are true, Brett Favre will start next Sunday lol.

Raiderfan76
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Pryor please, no more Boller.

I don't care how raw he is, Boller is terrible.

Cam Newton 2.0

garzjoe
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I got this tweet earlier:

@AdamSchefter: RT @jaycatcdcr: David Garrard in Silver and Black? your thoughts? ... I'd already have arranged for him to be in Oakland on Monday.

So it looks like Garrard is going to be in Silver & Black. The Raiders run game is really good so the team just needs a QB that won't make mistakes and manages the game well enough to keep the opposing defenses honest. However with a running game that good along with a good defense usually allows a team the opportunity to throw a young RAW QB out there. The style off offense could mask Pryor's issues throwing the ball, and give the kid valuable on field experience. However signing a Vet like Garrard is a good move short term.

Thx,
Joe