PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld Report: Chiefs nearly fired Haley last week

jetdrumz
10-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Multiple Chiefs personnel sources tell Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City that GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire coach Todd Haley had the team lost last week.
Wright's sources have been reliable in the past -- he broke the Jonathan Baldwin fight story. We have no reason to be skeptical, in large part due to the multiple reports of a rift between Pioli and Haley. The Chiefs' furious second-half comeback saved Haley's job for one week, but it sounds like he's going to be on the hot seat the rest of the way. Defensive boss and ex-Browns HC Romeo Crennel would be a candidate to take over in-season.

Alastor
10-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I do not want Romeo Crennel to be a head coach in our division. I really don't.

the0rangecrush
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM

It's ok rumors say if Haley gets the boot, McD is next in line for the job

Cahill
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
It's ok rumors say if Haley gets the boot, McD is next in line for the job

Hopefully once he's done destroying the Chiefs, he can make his way over to California and finish up the rest of the AFC West.

Freyaka
10-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Hopefully once he's done destroying the Chiefs, he can make his way over to California and finish up the rest of the AFC West.

How can you smash up what isn't there to smash? I think it's safe to say the chiefs are in such a state of disaray the only way to go is up even for McD. I can't imagine a possible way he could make that team worse than it already is. (not smack just calling it how I see it the chiefs are to quote Charles B. turrible, just turrible)

ebsoria
10-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Im just hoping that if it is McD, then we don't suffer the Shanahan effect Oakland suffered with us.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Why is that? Wide angle lens?

Alastor
10-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Why is that? Wide angle lens?

He's a better coach than people think he is. Much better.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2011, 10:08 PM

You might be right. I honestly don't know that much about him, other than he was only given one season to fix a bad team.

12and4
10-16-2011, 12:49 AM
You might be right. I honestly don't know that much about him, other than he was only given one season to fix a bad team.

hw2RQNnXmvA

Cahill
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM

He was actually the HC of the Browns for three seasons. Just another failed Belichick disciple. He should go back to New England, their defense isn't too great these days but they did play decent today.

Freyaka
10-28-2011, 06:22 AM
He was actually the HC of the Browns for three seasons. Just another failed Belichick disciple. He should go back to New England, their defense isn't too great these days but they did play decent today.

Belichick himself failed before finding Tom Brady.....Just sayin...

Charlie Brown
10-28-2011, 08:55 AM

*Ahem*

Mangini, yes.

Crennel, no.

The Experience
10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
*Ahem*

Mangini, yes.

Crennel, no.

At least Crennel took your pathetic team to a double digit win season. Mangini is god awful and should be no where near an HC position again.

Charlie Brown
10-28-2011, 08:10 PM
At least Crennel took your pathetic team to a double digit win season. Mangini is god awful and should be no where near an HC position again.

Crennel took the Browns to double digit wins?

Wow, that is so improessive. He did that during a fluke season with Derek Anderson at QB. Mangini was god awful by bringing in talented coaches that actually contributed to the improvement of the team. Rob Ryan as defensive coordinator? Amazing.

Peyton Hillis at running back? Amazing. What did Crennel give to the team that was lasting? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But, have no fear, he may flip a coin to decide who the Broncos would face at QB, which is a whole lot better than making a logical decision as a coach.

Also, Crennel had his ten win season three years into his head coaching stint.

Crennel went:

6-10
4-12
10-6
4-12

Mangini?
5-11
5-11

(time to fire that coach, he is god-awful)

Well, if 10 wins and 22 losses in two seasons is god-awful. Guess what Crennel's record was after two seasons? 10 wins and 22 losses.

Crennel was god-awful. Mangini had the team in the right direction, but nobody will ever see how great the 2011 Browns could have been because Holmgren "knows" better. As "horrible" as Mangini is, Crennel has something Mangini didn't have. Two 4-12 seasons as a head coach.

Also, that double digit win season. What did Crennel accomplish that Mangini didn't? Oh yea, wins for the sake of wins rather than actually being in the playoffs, right? Because that is what is relaly imprortant, having a fluke season in which you can smell the playoffs rather than actually being in the playoffs.

Crennel was an absolutely dispicable coach that the players loved. Why did they love him? He didn't care if you talked to the media. He didn't care if you badmouthed your teammates. Because, as Crennel "knows" at the end of the day all that really matters is making the players like you, right?