PDA

View Full Version : Tough loss Oakland

ebsoria
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow, tough loss there. I seriously had higher hopes for Oakland. I hope that Jason going down doesn't kill the season for you guys.

And, I'm hoping this Palmer trade doesn't set you back at all. But hey.. 2 weeks to get ready for Tebow. Do what you want to and with him.. but stop him the last 5 minutes is what you need to do. ;)

pipes
10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I read somewhere that Jason found out about the Palmer trade while resting and watching tv with his lady.

I would think that he was torn about the results from this game:
1. As a competitor and captain, that sucks
2. Oh, Hue ur boy didn't look so good with that pick 6, did he?

Jason seems to me to be a very professional guy and also extremely undervalued. Now I don't blame Oakland for obtaining another QB..I mean they have a good team and a good season going, no need to throw it away.

However, with that trade they have mortgaged their future and have basically severed their ties with Campbell.
Both of which are risky decisions!

DevilSpawn
10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
I read somewhere that Jason found out about the Palmer trade while resting and watching tv with his lady.

I would think that he was torn about the results from this game:
1. As a competitor and captain, that sucks
2. Oh, Hue ur boy didn't look so good with that pick 6, did he?

Jason seems to me to be a very professional guy and also extremely undervalued. Now I don't blame Oakland for obtaining another QB..I mean they have a good team and a good season going, no need to throw it away.

However, with that trade they have mortgaged their future and have basically severed their ties with Campbell.
Both of which are risky decisions!
People say we mortgaged the future, but about 2/3 of our starters are under 30. In fact, the only old position is defensive tackle, and that can be improved on in free agency. It doesn't set the Raiders back due to them having two solid drafts. Not an ideal situation but nothing that sets the team back 5-10 years.

What kills me is Hue outthinks himself sometimes. The trick plays, man they are a beauty when they work but a killer when they fail.

Campbell was out and McFadden left in the first quarter. Combined with Boller and a rusty Palmer, the blowout isn't too shocking. Even the Dolphins could've won today. Maybe.

The bye week came just in time.

pipes
10-23-2011, 05:22 PM
It just seems to me that they had something really good with Campbell.
And now they've basically handed the team over to Palmer.

I say that because Campbell is a free agent at the end of the year..and u don't give up what Oakland gave up not to turn it into Carson's team. There is a chance for some sour grapes IF Palmer ends up sucking-technically Jason didn't get beat out for his spot...some guys may not like the fact that the organization turned their backs on him.

Then again, Carson may regain his form and be the best QB Oakland's ever had!

I just find the trade so interesting!!

vLordChronicv
10-23-2011, 05:23 PM
If oakland wanted more interceptions they could have gotten Orton for much cheaper.

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Campbell was out and McFadden left in the first quarter.

The bye week came just in time.I was wondering the extent of McFaddens injury,will he be back for the broncos game in 2 weeks? It seemed once McFadden went down the Chiefs defense guarded against the pass,it was almost like they knew which plays were being called.I have to give them credit for having a good game plan against the Raiders.

As for Campbell,he is very professional.I seen him on the sideline supporting the team even though his season is over and his likely replacement was on the field,he hung in their with his team.I respect him for doing that!

jwhitt1
10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I like JC but he was/is a game manager at best. He was getting a little worse each week and still was never a good sideline thrower. He`s missed WR`s all year on those sideline tosses. Just prior to his injury he fumbled untouched and looked horrible. Maybe JC can lead a great running team to the playoffs but not the Super Bowl. A healthy Palmer should be much better than JC but Palmer is going to need the rest of the season before he really gets a decent grasp of the playbook. Yesterdays game was severly dumbed down for Boller and more so for Palmer. Add the fact that McF goes down early and it was just plain ugly. Again penalties killed us as well. What an ugly day against the team I hate the most...the *****s.

jwhitt1
10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I was wondering the extent of McFaddens injury,will he be back for the broncos game in 2 weeks? It seemed once McFadden went down the Chiefs defense guarded against the pass,it was almost like they knew which plays were being called.I have to give them credit for having a good game plan against the Raiders.

As for Campbell,he is very professional.I seen him on the sideline supporting the team even though his season is over and his likely replacement was on the field,he hung in their with his team.I respect him for doing that!

McFadden apparently has a sprained foot but he stayed suited up yesterday and watched the rest of the game. My impression is it isn`t too serious and should be fine in 2 weeks although we will hear more about it later this week.

ebsoria
10-24-2011, 05:20 PM
McFadden apparently has a sprained foot but he stayed suited up yesterday and watched the rest of the game. My impression is it isn`t too serious and should be fine in 2 weeks although we will hear more about it later this week.

Of course he'll be fine by the time we come to town. Then he'll carve us up!!!!

And I'll be there watching it live!!!!

jwhitt1
10-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Local beat writer tweeted today that doctors found nothing structurally wrong with McF foot. Good news for Raider fans. Also heard entire Raider offense is staying in Oakland during bye to work with Palmer. Palmer apparently looked pretty good and showed good zip on the ball. Also huge is that Marcelle Reese is practicing again after missing last 4 games...

PAINTERDAVE
10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
If oakland wanted more interceptions they could have gotten Orton for much cheaper.

Classic!............