PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cable for HC?

broncoFan!
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
There we go now lol. :P What do you Charger fans think?

He swept the AFCW, and worked with Darren McFadden and created a very good Raiders running game and offensive line. He had passion on the sidelines and seems just the thing to fire your team up. You have a pretty good running back in Ryan Mathews who is doing good things behind a terrible offensive line. Cable imo could fix that offensive line for you.

As a Broncos fan I would be kind of nervous if you guys got him as your head coach assuming you fire Norv after this year.

Thoughts? *If you don't want Cable who would you take?*

RaiderFanSD
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Don't you wonder why Cable didn't get any legit HC looks and he immediately joined Seattle in an assistant role? Cuz teams knew the real reason for the Raiders offensive success was Hue Jackson.

Our pass blocking was never good under him, it's much better this year after hiring Bob Wylie, a Denver OL assistant from last years team. The Seahawks have the 3rd most sacks given up, and are 27th in the running game. Raiders are 5th in least sacks given up, and 4th in the running game in which McFadden hasn't played much.

Simply put, he's not a legit candidate. Overrated OL coach & can't call plays so he's not much use to teams other than being a decent motivator.

Raiderfan76
11-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I'd take him in a WWE style AFC West Royal Rumble.

DevilSpawn
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Heard he's being mentioned/discussed as the next UCLA head coach.

He'll do worse than Norv did in San Diego. Plus us sweeping the division last year still doesn't mean anything when we were 2-8 outside of it.

broncoFan!
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Don't you wonder why Cable didn't get any legit HC looks and he immediately joined Seattle in an assistant role? Cuz teams knew the real reason for the Raiders offensive success was Hue Jackson.

Our pass blocking was never good under him, it's much better this year after hiring Bob Wylie, a Denver OL assistant from last years team. The Seahawks have the 3rd most sacks given up, and are 27th in the running game. Raiders are 5th in least sacks given up, and 4th in the running game in which McFadden hasn't played much.

Simply put, he's not a legit candidate. Overrated OL coach & can't call plays so he's not much use to teams other than being a decent motivator.

I'll take your word for it. I guess it WAS more Hue Jackson than Cable. But, you got to give Cable credit, the man did have a certain fire and passion on the sidelines.

I like Hue's calmness though during games. He has football smarts.

baphamet
11-29-2011, 05:05 PM
my guess is jeff fisher or possibly gruden if AJ gets fired too.

if they hire some scrub i will hate life for a few more years until that guy gets fired too.

Puddleglum
11-29-2011, 09:24 PM
my guess is jeff fisher or possibly gruden if AJ gets fired too.

if they hire some scrub i will hate life for a few more years until that guy gets fired too.

I could not agree more.