PDA

View Full Version : Question about Memes...

Orange_Crush
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
So I was in the General Discussions forum the other day and there was a thread that had some dedicated Tebow "memes" in it. So my question is, how does one create a meme? What kind of software do you have to have? Just curious...some of the ones that were posted were FUN-NAY!! Kinda interested in playing around with it.

Jay3
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
So I was in the General Discussions forum the other day and there was a thread that had some dedicated Tebow "memes" in it. So my question is, how does one create a meme? What kind of software do you have to have? Just curious...some of the ones that were posted were FUN-NAY!! Kinda interested in playing around with it.

To truly be a meme, it has to catch on and be widely circulated. Many of them start on 4chan or on other discussion boards with high traffic and lots of funny and crazy people. Reddit is another place things spread rapidly.

The point of that thread was adapting existing memes to Tebow. Just about everyone of those pictures and sayings didn't really apply to Tebow.

So basically, to "create a meme," get yourself Photoshop or some other program and make a picture and put something funny on it.

Or, if you meant you want to take an existing meme and put your own spin on it, try http://memegenerator.net/

Orange_Crush
12-01-2011, 07:16 PM
To truly be a meme, it has to catch on and be widely circulated. Many of them start on 4chan or on other discussion boards with high traffic and lots of funny and crazy people. Reddit is another place things spread rapidly.

The point of that thread was adapting existing memes to Tebow. Just about everyone of those pictures and sayings didn't really apply to Tebow.

So basically, to "create a meme," get yourself Photoshop or some other program and make a picture and put something funny on it.

Or, if you meant you want to take an existing meme and put your own spin on it, try http://memegenerator.net/

I just tried posting this, so if it posts again...I'm sorry. Thanks for the info!! To be perfectly honest, I never heard of a meme until the other day. Of course I've seen them all over the place, but didn't know there was an actual name for them, lol! :D

Jay3
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I just tried posting this, so if it posts again...I'm sorry. Thanks for the info!! To be perfectly honest, I never heard of a meme until the other day. Of course I've seen them all over the place, but didn't know there was an actual name for them, lol! :D

It's a pretty fascinating phenomenon. By the way, the concept of internet memes also applies to phrases used exclusively on the internet, like "pwned" and "LOL" and "FAIL."