PDA

View Full Version : Sean Salisbury talks with Denver Radio and wants to work with Tebow

soloking
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=737&f=381201

http://www.1043thefan.com/EvansandKlatt.aspx

Sean was on with Evens and Klatt from 104.3 the fan and Les and JoJo from 102.3 espn today stating that he wants to work with Tim this off season and will do it for free! Said he can have Tim at a 60% completion rate by next season. He has some good insight on Tebow's problem areas.

Take a listen

bronc_fan23
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
No, thanks.

BroncoBryce
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Did he ever complete 60?

Bernie24
01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Who dat

Ten

THEdraftnik
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
I really hope that ever QB mechanics guy doesn't start coming out of the woodwork saying that they can fix Tebow to promote themselves.

OhBehave30
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Sean Salisbury? Is he an actor?
Never heard of him

-Rod-
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Did he ever complete 60?

At least he was an NFL quarterback. George Whitfield, the famous coach that worked with Roethlisberger and Cam Newton, was just an Arena Football League quarterback. Salisbury completed 55% of his passes in the NFL, playing in the John Elway era. Elway completed 57% of his passes. Salisbury probably knows more about the quarterback position than Adam Gase.

EDIT: And Tebow definetely needs a personal coach this offseason. He will not be able to work with Gase, McCoy or Elway until the OTAs begin. Tom Martinez said he disagrees with the mechanics given to Tebow, and now Sean Salisbury said the same thing.

jarbronco
01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Salisbury was pretty good back in the day. This will be a big decision for Tebow. The right guy could make his career. Sooner rather than later.

shawinkerpoppin
01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Who has he worked with so far?

-Rod-
01-31-2012, 05:35 PM

Adam Sandler. :td:

Butler By'Note
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Salisbury should stick to what he does best, sending coworkers cell phone pictures of his junk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6129589-504083.html

But it is clear that Tebow needs to work with someone between now and when he's allowed to work with the coaches in OTA's. I wouldn't mind him working with Rich Gannon or Steve Young (if either would be interested in working with him) both were mobile QB's who had to majorly refine their passing skills in order to ultimately succeed.

gods6monkeys
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Is this the guy who was txt'ing ladies his junk while working at ESPN?

Southtown
01-31-2012, 05:40 PM

IIRC, a few years back when he was with ESPN, he was offered the QB coach position w/ the Arizona Cardinals under Dennis Green.

He was supposed to take it, then turned it down at the last minute to stay at ESPN.

Bad move. He then got caught showing pictures of "Shaun Jr." to co-workers at a party or something & was fired.

I think Salisbury really knows the position. He was not nearly as talented as his peers in the 90's and had a moderate level of success due to his hard work & dedication to the position.

Tim could do worse.

broncos SB2010
01-31-2012, 05:41 PM

he was an analyst for the Lingerie Football league........and got fired.

Atwnbroncfan
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Elway>>>>>>>>Sallisbury. The guy is a clown, there is a reason he got fired from ESPN

OrangeandBlue88
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Salisbury should stick to what he does best, sending coworkers cell phone pictures of his junk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6129589-504083.html

But it is clear that Tebow needs to work with someone between now and when he's allowed to work with the coaches in OTA's. I wouldn't mind him working with Rich Gannon or Steve Young (if either would be interested in working with him) both were mobile QB's who had to majorly refine their passing skills in order to ultimately succeed.

Steve Young told Jim Rome last week he would love to work with Tim.

http://www.jimrome.com/junglehighlights?uri=channels/465575/1591163

samparnell
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM

Southpaws unite!

Portia11
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow, Steve Young would be great!!! Mostly Tim has to have just ONE person correcting/changing his mechanic/footwork. He tries to do what each coach tells him=mess.

Or do what Aaron Rodgers did, go off by yourself and figure out what works for you.

theognj
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Steve Young would be great, go with that Tim.

Butler By'Note
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM

That would be huge for Tebow, cause Steve Young already went through everything he's currently going through.

EDIT: I tried to give you a CP but I need to spread it around before I can hit you again, so I owe you one!

OrangeandBlue88
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
That would be huge for Tebow, cause Steve Young already went through everything he's currently going through.

Yeah, I really hope they get together and soon. To me, it was telling that Steve said he saw a lot of improvement in Tim from the beginning of the season til now but that he thinks he can teach Tim something that would make his motion really click. He sounds really excited like he wanted to give Tim a call right then lol.

EDIT: I tried to give you a CP but I need to spread it around before I can hit you again, so I owe you one!

No prob.

soloking
01-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Sean knows his QBing. Listen to the interview, he breaks down most of what is wrong with Tim. Sean has been one of the biggest Tebow supporters from day 1.

JerseyAdam
01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Interesting. Listened to both SS and SY interview. SS always rubbed me the wrong way and I have to question his ego here...he's kinda irrelevant and idk that would be a huge feather in his cap. SY on the other hand, seems to be the best suited for a number of reasons and he seems totally for the good of TT as a QB.

I hope Tebow does something in the offseason, finding a QB coach that is. I would assume so. I have a feeling it is not going to be with any ex QB name that is at least somewhat recent. I do know, Tebow has done it his way and he is here, he has gotten the chance. Why doubt his move from this point on? I wouldn't bet against him..

Jay3
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm dying for some actual details about who Tebow is going to work with.

I think Timmy's kind of a loyal type, and in the past he worked with old-timer Zeke Bratkowski. I think needs to call Timmy and give him his blessing on working with someone else.

neckbeard
01-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Sean knows his QBing. Listen to the interview, he breaks down most of what is wrong with Tim. Sean has been one of the biggest Tebow supporters from day 1.
Yeah, Sean knows his QBing. He managed to throw 19 TDs in an eleven year NFL career.

Along with 19 picks.

Yeah, that's who you want helping out Tebow.... :eek:

LSIGRAD09
01-31-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry, who?

soloking
01-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Sean knows his QBing. He managed to throw 19 TDs in an eleven year NFL career.

Along with 19 picks.

Yeah, that's who you want helping out Tebow.... :eek:

How many TDs has Tom Brady's qb coach throwen? Answer 0

broncolassiter
01-31-2012, 07:40 PM
If Elway is going to work with him, then why does he need someone else to work with him? Young would be good, but only cause he to is a lefty. Elway would be much better, as he is the one in charge of the team, he knows what he wants to see and can instruct Tebow on that from the beginning. Someone else would coach Tebow on what they done well, but that might not be what EFX are trying to build the team into. No two systems are alike.

Jay3
01-31-2012, 07:46 PM
If Elway is going to work with him, then why does he need someone else to work with him? Young would be good, but only cause he to is a lefty. Elway would be much better, as he is the one in charge of the team, he knows what he wants to see and can instruct Tebow on that from the beginning. Someone else would coach Tebow on what they done well, but that might not be what EFX are trying to build the team into. No two systems are alike.

#1 -- I don't think Elway can work with him until OTA's under the collective bargaining agreement.

#2 -- Who's to say who's the best coach. Elway has no experience coaching, and I don't know if Young would be any good either. Tebow could benefit from some pure mechanics coaching from an expert in helping quarterbacks improve footwork and mechanics. Then he takes that improvement into his sessions with Elway and the team.

Broncoboy6
01-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Hmmm.... Salisbury or Elway ???

Luckyshot
01-31-2012, 08:09 PM
I honestly believe that anybody whose last name is can refer to delicious frozen dinners should be given a chance to QB coach Tebow

LarryDean
01-31-2012, 08:09 PM
60 % and for free

deal

:D

Broncoboy6
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
60 % and for free

deal

:D

It sounds enticing, but... Nothing is for free, what's the angle?. Maybe if it were 2 years ago.

neckbeard
01-31-2012, 08:17 PM
You mean Bill O'Brien who just landed the Head Coach gig at Penn State? Maybe you'd have a point if Sean Salisbury had any coaching bona fides, but you can only hang his expertise on his playing experience.

Unless you want to call Salisbury's consultant role for the remake of "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler.

broncolee
01-31-2012, 08:25 PM
How many great coaches were great players?

Salisbury wasn't a great player but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great coach.

If he can help Tebow(and I'm not saying that he can) then Tebow would be smart to take that help.

PhoenixDread
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Salisbury and Young can help Tim NOW. He'd have to wait awhile for Elway. For now, he has the opportunity to learn from 2 proven QBs. I don't understand why some of you guys are against this.

jetdrumz
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Steve Young would be cool.

one5beast
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Hmmm.... Salisbury or Elway ???

Doesn't matter who had a better career. Some guys are just better coaches than players.

premier-ace55
01-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Elway>>>>>>>>Sallisbury. The guy is a clown, there is a reason he got fired from ESPN

Agreed but don't you think he should work with someone before OTA's even if Elway reccomended the tutor.

premier-ace55
01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
By the way can anybody get this to Tims page for something so that he knows that some good people want to work with him. I basically mean people like Steve Young and Tom Brady's coach.

Butler By'Note
01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Under the CBA Elway, McCoy and Gase aren't allowed to work with Tebow until OTA's start in mid April (I think the DP said April 15th) so now you have 10 or 11 weeks, take away another week or two for Tebow to heal and then two more weeks for a vacation of some sort and that leaves 6 or 7 weeks where he should be working with someone who can help him improve his game. If it's not either of the two former QB's it could be Jim Fassel or someone who knows how to coach QB's, the point is it's a long time to have off and Tebow would be enhancing himself and the team if he were to find a suitable coach to work with for even part of the time.

Pruke
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
What's with this guy - he pops up in places you would hope you'd never see him

soloking
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Hmmm.... Elway has a job as the GM!

dizzolve
02-01-2012, 12:52 AM
The organization he was talking about (which he is a spokesperson for)

P.A.S.T. (http://www.pastpain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=160&Itemid=198)

is quite a story. If you have a minute there is a video on the front page produced but Gumbel's HBO show. It's good to know there are people like this in the world. That group of Dr's deserve a lot of credit.

I thought Sean was brave to talk about his illness and for using his platform to get the word out to other struggling former players and even non players that help is out there for them.

shawinkerpoppin
02-01-2012, 04:44 AM
I hate to sound like this but this sounds like a desperate attempt to jump start his career. At least Tom Brady's QB coach works with Tom Brady. This guy hasn't worked with anyone. If tebow wasted his time with this guy I would be disappointed. Yes the worst players end up being the best coaches and vice versa but if he was good he would be doing something by now.

LordOfChaos
02-01-2012, 04:52 AM

That is a pretty good point. Then again who has Salisbury coached? Tom Bradys coach has coached TOM-FREAKIN-BRADY.

Bradshaw3001
02-01-2012, 06:46 AM
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=737&f=381201

http://www.1043thefan.com/EvansandKlatt.aspx

Sean was on with Evens and Klatt from 104.3 the fan and Les and JoJo from 102.3 espn today stating that he wants to work with Tim this off season and will do it for free! Said he can have Tim at a 60% completion rate by next season. He has some good insight on Tebow's problem areas.

Take a listen

Hey Tim, don't open that picture text... trust me. (http://deadspin.com/226599/if-sean-salisbury-asks-you-to-look-at-his-phone-dont-do-it?tag=sportsseansalisbury)

tzinc
02-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Who? They shouldn't let that hack within a 100 miles of Tebow.

vcooper3
02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
He's just trying to get back in the press.

It used to be quite comical when Salisbury and John Clayton would go at it on ESPN.

jetdrumz
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
He should stick to making steak. /lame joke

shawinkerpoppin
02-01-2012, 08:58 AM
He should stick to making steak. /lame joke

is it bad that I laughed at this?

Like the time I laughed at "your mama is so fat when she gets road rage she flips a chicken finger" lamest joke ever that i find hysterical.

jetdrumz
02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
is it bad that I laughed at this?

Like the time I laughed at "your mama is so fat when she gets road rage she flips a chicken finger" lamest joke ever that i find hysterical.

I've never heard the fat joke until now. I actually did laugh out loud. :P

soloking
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
You mean Bill O'Brien who just landed the Head Coach gig at Penn State? Maybe you'd have a point if Sean Salisbury had any coaching bona fides, but you can only hang his expertise on his playing experience.

Unless you want to call Salisbury's consultant role for the remake of "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler.

Bill O'Brien is not Tom Brady private QB coach. He is the offensive coordinator for the Pats. Nice try,

OrangeCrushem
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
If Tim Tebow is serious about being an NFL quality QB who can throw the ball, he won't rely on other people to find someone to help him. He KNOWS he has deficiencies, and it's up to him to do something about it. Tom Brady's QB coach!? Call the man! He offered to help, and his time on this earth is very limited. DO IT. If Tim Tebow doesn't call Brady's coach, he is out of his mind, IMHO. Steve Young?! CALL HIM NOW...

As stated earlier, John Elway has a job, and being Tebow's personal QB coach is NOT it. Yes, Elway can help him out here and there, but expecting John Elway to be Tebow's own personal guru is asking too much. There are now legit coaches and former players who have offered to help Tebow out, and now it's up to TEBOW to DO IT if he wants to go to the next level. We'll all know how badly he wants it if he declines offers from legit coaches/former players OTHER than his boss in lieu of going overseas or on book tours.

Brohemoth
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
:laugh: imagine aliens watching us and they find out humans can have their careers pillaged just for showing part of their natural anatomy.

People and their fabricated rights and wrongs... :nono:

soloking
02-01-2012, 10:46 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/02/01/tebow-has-big-fan-in-sean-salisbury/12024/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Posted February 1, 2012, 10:40 am MT
Tebow has big fan in Sean Salisbury
By Mike Klis

INDIANAPOLIS _ Finally, I found him. A person qualified to critique NFL quarterback play who thinks Tim Tebow has what it takes to become a bona fide NFL quarterback.

“”Tim Tebow has got what I can’t teach: A winner and leader,” said former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Sean Salisbury. “”We’ve got enough buttheads in this league who don’t know how to grab somebody by the throat and tell him to play. This kid does. Now, his mechanics are awful. Whoever taught him to yank his (front) arm through _ I know it wasn’t Denver _ did him a great disservice. It’s like trying to swim upstream. But I can promise you this: Give me four months with that kid and he’ll complete 60 percent of his passes next year. Because he wants to work. He’s one of those guys who stays the course.’’

Salisbury has been working Radio Row here to promote a pro bono concussion program for retired NFL players. Although extremely personable, Salisbury had suffered from depression.

“”I went through a dark period for about three years there,” he said. “”But I’m back. This is going to be a great year.”

He’s serious about wanting to work with Tebow. Salisbury admires the way Tebow gets beat up by critics, and will bring some unsightly passing numbers into the final minutes of a game, and win anyway.

“”You want to go 1-6 and throw for 300 yards a game?” Salisbury said. “”Everybody says, Oh, you’re a pretty passer.’ You can’t win. Now we’ve got a guy who wins ugly. Grinds his way through it. Finds a way to get it done. I can fix mechanics. I can’t fix your heart and your mind. I can find a bunch of guys who can out throw him. But there’s a bunch of guys who couldn’t lead or win to save their life.”

Why does Salisbury think Tebow plays so well late in games?

“”I think when you cut him open, there’s a DNA button you push and it says “It’’ on it. I think when the temperature rises in the game, I think his blood pressure stays the same. I think there’s certain guys who have that. Now, if you can get him to complete 58 to 60 percent of his passes, that’s three more wins for the Denver Broncos.’’

Tebow ranked last in the NFL this season with a 46.1 completion percentage but he also won eight of his 13 starts.

neckbeard
02-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Bill O'Brien is not Tom Brady private QB coach. He is the offensive coordinator for the Pats. Nice try,
Bill O'Brien has been the QB coach for the Pats for the last 3 seasons. In 2011 he was ALSO the Offensive Coordinator while he also remained the QB coach.

If you mean Tom Martinez, I don't think he's up to coaching right now. In June of 2011 he was given one month to live (diabetes and cancer) and is desperately seeking an organ transplant...

soloking
02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Bill O'Brien has been the QB coach for the Pats for the last 3 seasons. In 2011 he was ALSO the Offensive Coordinator while he also remained the QB coach.

If you mean Tom Martinez, I don't think he's up to coaching right now. In June of 2011 he was given one month to live (diabetes and cancer) and is desperately seeking an organ transplant...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826616a0/article/bradys-coach-sees-similarities-between-tebow-and-pats-qb?module=HP11_headline_stack

JerseyAdam
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
listening to wfan in ny. SS and tebow ran into eachother in indy. the guys were on the air (the hosts). didnt interview either TT or SS but just reported it. funny because these guys wouldnt know about the SS comments to TT, but they were like "ss and tt are having a convo over there..wow tebow has a huge follwoing on ppl w him.."

anyway no real news per se just saying..

TheThreeAmigos
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Trade Tebow to New England for their 31st or 32nd pick. Everyone gets what they wanted 2 years ago.

Crazy8
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Did he ever complete 60?

Sure he did. When he played for Indy, he completed 66% of his passes. The problem is he only threw 12 passes that year for 68 yards. And he also completed 2 of 12 passes to the other team. :doh:

But in years he threw for more than 12 passe? Well? He has a career completion percentage of 55.1% We'll just leave it at that.

Oilersfan34
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Trade Tebow to New England for their 31st or 32nd pick. Everyone gets what they wanted 2 years ago.

NE wasn't picking him in the first round 2 years ago. Besides they have Ryan Mallett who they believe in. Tebow wont go where he can't play QB.

J-Ville is the best bet to get a high pick for him.

Oilersfan34
02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Sure he did. When he played for Indy, he completed 66% of his passes. The problem is he only threw 12 passes that year for 68 yards. And he also completed 2 of 12 passes to the other team. :doh:

But in years he threw for more than 12 passe? Well? He has a career completion percentage of 55.1% We'll just leave it at that.

Im old enough to remember him playing. I wouldn't let him near Tebow. He looked like a deer in the headlights.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Fickle fan attack again. A few bad games and it's TRADE HIM!!!

Compare his stats this far on to Elway's and kindly stifle it.