PDA

View Full Version : Chargers expected to waive LT Marcus McNeill

ERoyal248
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
The Chargers are expected to waive LT Marcus McNeill to clear $10 million in salary cap space.
McNeill needs medical clearance by March 15 to guarantee his $10.5 million salary, but Chargers doctors won't be giving the green light after neck and back injuries limited him to 20-of-32 games the past two seasons. McNeill will head to free agency, and the Bolts may try to re-sign Jared Gaither as his replacement. Aside from Gaither and Demetrius Bell, the 2012 free agent market is bereft of quality left tackles. San Diego's O-Line is a primary concern this offseason.

broncoFan!
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Maybe we should pick him up, and we could sub him in for Clady sometimes. Depth is incredibly important imo...

SoundsOfSuccess
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
There goes my biggest trading piece in the GM game..

On a serious note though, Gaither is a stud, so left tackle they should be fine at, its just Bell and whoever else they're interested in to play RT that may be the problem..

johnlimburg
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
If we pick him up we pick up his enormous salary. I think that he clears waivers and signs a one year deal to prove his health then if he returns to form and stays healthy he should get a solid deal.

Our Tackle depth is actually pretty decent. Chris Clark and Ryan Harris are decent backups.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2012, 08:45 PM
He'd be an instant upgrade over Franklin. Orlando is a good run blocker, but he might very well be the worst pass blocking tackle in the NFL.

jcdavey
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
he's pretty bad off physically

i expect him to retire

sad deal

Butler By'Note
02-08-2012, 09:46 PM
There goes my biggest trading piece in the GM game..

On a serious note though, Gaither is a stud, so left tackle they should be fine at, its just Bell and whoever else they're interested in to play RT that may be the problem..

Gaither is a free agent so it's not a lock that he'll be back.

No to adding, McNeill, the last thing the Broncos need to do is add another injury prone player hoping he can get healthy, we've done that way too many times in our history. Besides we've already got a tackle with back issues on the roster.

baphamet
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
i don't want us to resign him to be honest, our pass blocking got better after he went down.

with or without him OL will be a focus for the chargers to bolster this off season.

baphamet
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Gaither is a free agent so it's not a lock that he'll be back.

No to adding, McNeill, the last thing the Broncos need to do is add another injury prone player hoping he can get healthy, we've done that way too many times in our history. Besides we've already got a tackle with back issues on the roster.

they wont let both Gaither and mcneil walk, you can bet on that. well, unless they sign a FA veteran LT.

jcdavey
02-08-2012, 11:35 PM
they wont let both Gaither and mcneil walk, you can bet on that. well, unless they sign a FA veteran LT.

i could see them letting gaither go depending on FA, draft thinking

guess we'll see, people actually expect sd to make a splash in FA for a change and sign an actual big name, in their prime FA which they've never done under AJ.

ledboots1956
02-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe we should pick him up, and we could sub him in for Clady sometimes. Depth is incredibly important imo...

Besides, RC has not shown a propensity for injury. Let McNeill walk.