PDA

View Full Version : Tebow working out with a QB coach in LA

soloking
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Tebow is working out with QB coach Noel Mazzone in LA this week.

COBronc78
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Tebow is working out with QB coach Noel Mazzone in LA this week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39901/tim-tebow-working-with-qb-guru

A key to the Denver Broncos' offseason will be improving Tim Tebow’s game.

The Broncos cannot work with him yet, but Tebow has gotten a jump on his improvement plan. Bruce Feldman of CBS tweeted that Tebow is in Los Angles this week to work with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone on his mechanics.

Mazzone is considered one of the premier quarterback coaches in the college ranks.

Once the Broncos can work with Tebow in the spring, Tebow is going to work closely with the coaching staff and John Elway. He has said several times he will work with Tebow, concentrating on his foot work.

Tebow will go to training camp as Denver’s starter and he will keep the job in the season if he makes strides. His work with Mazzone shows Tebow is not wasting much time in trying to improve his game.

iLands
02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
So far, this offseason has been nothing but good news.

WHOEVER you are, this is what you hope to see.

Broncos fans UNITE

soloking
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Mazzone

Louich
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
and I tought he had no time because of all his endorsement and the rest?

(insert sarcasm here)

BeardedWonder
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Clearly hes just in LA to film his new movie... this is just a cover

LSIGRAD09
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I'll admit, I'm very glad to see this.

InElwayWeTrust
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I heard Paris Hilton will be in the stands watching the workouts though.

Someone call TMZ!?!?!? :laugh:

Pruke
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't know much about Mazzone - anyone know why he's one of the best?

Does he correct mechanics or simply help you deal w/ bad ones? (ref: Rivers @ NC State)

Oilersfan34
02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Mazzone

Guy cant seem to hold a job for very long at the OC spot.

Other than Rivers who else has he coached to success in the Pros?

Matymaddog
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Probably just foot work when you consider both rivers and osweiler still had/have unconventional throwing motions after they left him for the pros

stuckinjax
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Im confused.. we were upset that he wasnt working with a QB coach..now he is working with a QB coach but not the right QB coach?

HavoK471
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Im confused.. we were upset that he wasnt working with a QB coach..now he is working with a QB coach but not the right QB coach?
Well it does make sense, just because he's trying to improve doesn't necessarily mean he's doing it correctly

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect

I personally don't have a problem with this though. He really helped Rivers with his footwork and that should help Tebow a ton.

Matymaddog
02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Skip offered to pay his way with Martinez. Should have taken the offer

Oilersfan34
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM

I think it comes down to what he is working on SIJ. If he's working on feet then I think you have a winner, Rivers has great feet for a big guy and they are usually in a good spot when he throws even under duress.

The problem I think some are seeing is his QB's arent exactly know for sound throwing mechanics. So if he's trying to help him there...well that maybe an issue.

stuckinjax
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM

I would assume he got some advice from Elway or Fox on who would fit in with thier expectations

Oilersfan34
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Well it does make sense, just because he's trying to improve doesn't necessarily mean he's doing it correctly

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect

I personally don't have a problem with this though. He really helped Rivers with his footwork and that should help Tebow a ton.

Exactly, practicing bad habits only makes them worse. You have to practice good habits to improve.

Potzer01
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Nope, you don't seem confused at all. You've got it just right.

At this point it seems like Timmy is headed one of 2 directions.

Either he is going to get "Fixed"

Or he's going to spend so much time working on mechanics that he'll be irreparably damaged.

Get your popcorn ready.:coffee:

stuckinjax
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Nope, you don't seem confused at all. You've got it just right.

At this point it seems like Timmy is headed one of 2 directions.

Either he is going to get "Fixed"

Or he's going to spend so much time working on mechanics that he'll be irreparably damaged.

Get your popcorn ready.:coffee:

it just seems like he cant do anything right. Guess you really cant make everyone happy. My hope is this offseason is a well coordinated effort ..what this guy teaches him flows into what Elway will be working with him on later in the spring (whatever spring is..we dont get that season here)

tacmale
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
All him and the coaching staff have talked about is his footwork. Even Elway said they will not change his throwing motion but work with Tim on his foot work and reading Defenses.

So my guess is he is working on his footwork and if this guy turned Rivers into the kind of passer he is I don't see the problem.

teetdogs
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah minus the pesky needing a kidney transplant and everything.

HUMCALC
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I didn't think he'd have time with his other committments

samparnell
02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Go Lobos! :thumb: :rockon:

BroncosPWNn00bs
02-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Good news. Hope he continues to work hard and we see Tebow take the starting job and run with it this year. Would be great to see him come out week 1 and have 290 yards passing, 30 yards rushing. 3 Total Td's and a completion percentage above 60. And most importantly a win. Cant wait. :salute:

theMileHighGuy
02-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah minus the pesky needing a kidney transplant and everything.

Tebow should give Martinez a kidney as payment. Martinez will live to be 137.

good new about the other thing I guess. I hope the whole team is going to go back to work harder.

broncolee
02-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Considering that people who know what they're talking about have pretty much written off "correcting" Tebow's throwing motion, I would say that fixing his footwork is the way to go. So, if that's all that happens, it's all that is necessary because the throwing motion isn't the problem, at least not the biggest one.

The only thing that is likely to improve his throwing motion is him learning to read defenses and making faster decisions. The faster he makes a decision the faster the ball is going to have to come out.

:goz::helmet::logo::thumb:

broncolassiter
02-15-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm sure that Tebow was advised by Elway and Fox on who to work with and on what to work on.

Broncosinindy
02-15-2012, 06:55 AM
If you ask me... Working with him is way to ose to bill bilicbik ...I know conspiracy

Southtown
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Same coach he worked with for his pro day. Good. Also, he says that he worked w/ Tim last off-season which I had never read before. This article is from March 2011.

For those who are interested here is a quote from Mazzone about working w/ Tim previously:

You worked with Denver quarterback Tim Tebow this off-season. How did your relationship with him start?

"His agent is a very good friend of mine. Two years ago, Tim had gone to the Senior Bowl and looked bad. So the next day (his agent) called me and said, 'If I fly you in, can you just see if there’s something you can do for him?' So I flew in to Nashville, where Tim was working out. And it was just one of those deals where we just hit it off. The things I talked about – playing the position, throwing the football – he just kind of got it. And Taylor, my son, was there and they kind of hit it off, so right away it was like all of a sudden I had known the guy for a long time. So I spent time there getting him ready for his Pro Day. I always kid him. I say, ‘You were at best a fourth-round (draft) pick until I started working with you, and then you became a first-round pick.’ So we’ve kept in touch since then. You know, these kids don’t call anymore, everybody texts. So he hit me with a text here and there and we’d talk back and forth. And then when last season was over, he was like, ‘I want to come to (Arizona) and start working.’ So he and his brother came down and spent a couple weeks here. … So basically I’m kind of like his (golf) swing coach."

Rest of interview, which is pretty good football talk, here - http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DouglasHaller/122591

catsigater
02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Good news. Hope he continues to work hard and we see Tebow take the starting job and run with it this year. Would be great to see him come out week 1 and have 290 yards passing, 30 yards rushing. 3 Total Td's and a completion percentage above 60. And most importantly a win. Cant wait. :salute:

I'd settle for mid-50s at that point.

Considering that people who know what they're talking about have pretty much written off "correcting" Tebow's throwing motion, I would say that fixing his footwork is the way to go. So, if that's all that happens, it's all that is necessary because the throwing motion isn't the problem, at least not the biggest one.

The only thing that is likely to improve his throwing motion is him learning to read defenses and making faster decisions. The faster he makes a decision the faster the ball is going to have to come out.

:goz::helmet::logo::thumb:
Agreed. In my uninformed opinion, his throwing motion *pretty much* is what it is, but a big improvement in his footwork and reading Ds would be huge for his overall game and the team's overall chances next year.

xOrangeCrushx
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

This just shivers down my spine. Is that you Coach???? Let me go vomit my brains out before I do it again for 1,000,000,000th time.

Hoserman117
02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Sounds like good news to me! IMO much better than not working with a QB coach at all.

suldier13
02-15-2012, 07:41 PM
throwing motion in L.A. with Mazzone, Rivers and Ponder expected to join them.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 07:44 PM
"Philip is right down the road and he's always itching to throw a football," said Mazzone, who was Osweiler's offensive coordinator the last two seasons at Arizona State. "He might shoot up and throw the ball around a little bit. That would be a good guy for both Brock and Tim to be around also."

good guy!!!!!!

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
see THIS is the fraternity of football

you guys probably don't know this, but after drew brees bad 2003 season, peyton manning called him offering words of encouragment , and in 2004 brees went off

brees went on to beat peyton in a superbowl with new orleans years later, but this isn't about competition, this is a good story about helping your fellow man

i love this ****!

THEdraftnik
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM

you guys probably don't know this, but after drew brees bad 2003 season, peyton manning called him offering words of encouragment , and in 2004 brees went off

brees went on to beat peyton in a superbowl with new orleans years later, but this isn't about competition, this is a good story about helping your fellow man

i love this ****!

As much as I don't like Rivers, he really is a good guy. If he was on the Broncos I probably would cheer for him just as much as I do Tebow. Class act through and through.

Atwnbroncfan
Interesting, I'd figure he would work on his footwork more than his motion.

Potzer01
That musta been some kinda bet for that god awful sig.

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
As much as I don't like Rivers, he really is a good guy. If he was on the Broncos I probably would cheer for him just as much as I do Tebow. Class act through and through.

he's one of those guys people are just going to love to hate because of his emotion on the field, and the way he talks smack , or at least used to talk smack to defensive players (he used to be a LB )

people see that and they think he's a jerk, which is farthest from the truth

i mean you see how alot of people hate tebow, and you know it's not all because of some poor stats/consistency, it's because of other intangibles like his beliefs and his commercial, and whatever

the hatred bestowed upon guys like tebow and rivers, usually has nothing to do with how they are as human beings

these guys are the goods of the human race

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
That musta been some kinda bet for that god awful sig.

yes lol , i obviously lost a bet

but hey, kish did a good job on the sig lol

-Rod-
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
After the week 12 game between Broncos and Chargers, I remember listening to Rivers inviting Tebow to work out with him during the offseason. He said something like "hey, let's get together during the offseason" when he was shaking Tebow's hands. I would guess Jay Cutler will not join them.

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 07:59 PM
After the week 12 game between Broncos and Chargers, I remember listening to Rivers inviting Tebow to work out with him during the offseason. He said something like "hey, let's get together during the offseason" when he was shaking Tebow's hands. I would guess Jay Cutler will not join them.

lol it's fun to see the qbs of two division teams working together in the offseason

i'd guess the old guys are rolling over in their graves, but forget them, this is just a nice story that goes beyond competition

Jay3
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Rivers is a good model for Tebow, or at least the coaching Rivers received, the drills and techniques he used.

Yes, there are many differences between their styles of play, and their strengths and weaknesses as players. But as for mechanics, there are some basic similarities from coaching standpoint. They are:

1. Rivers does not have an "over the top" style with heavy spin (a la Tom Brady or Kyle Orton). Rivers has more of a three-quarter chuck style. His release point was unconventional, and Mazzone coached him without changing that. He tightened it up, sped it up, but the shotput was retained. And similarly, Tebow will probably retain a somewhat 3/4 release point and not get a total rebuild.

2. In college, Rivers had a tendency to loop it low when he wanted to load up velocity. And Tebow did as well. Mazzone can continue to drill on holding it high and elminating a pre-action load up. When Rivers debuted in the NFL (I watched his first start), his motion looked much more compact.

3. Rivers has strong, tree-trunk legs. He is not quick, but he has an extremely strong lower body base. Tebow needs to learn to better engage the strength of his lower body. To use his explosive leg power to generate throwing power (it's like a golf swing in that respect). Perhaps Mazzone is a good choice for that reason.

Freyaka
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm actually super excited about not only the choice of QB mentor and that Rivers is hanging around him too. I hate rivers because he's a charger but he really is a class act.

Rarelyoffended
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Rivers has a ugly throwing motion till this day....LMAO. Good QB though had a tough season.

broncos SB2010
02-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm actually super excited about not only the choice of QB mentor and that Rivers is hanging around him too. I hate rivers because he's a charger but he really is a class act.

I'm not very excited about this mentor. It's the same guy he worked with before the draft and last offseason...it didn't really seem to help much.

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
yeah but ya toss rivers into the mix, a guy who will be a coach some day like his dad was, and maybe that extra set of eyes and insight will help your guy

hell, they should get philip's dad and his bro stephen out there as well

have a big ole football camp

All the Orange
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
"Philip is right down the road and he's always itching to throw a football," said Mazzone, who was Osweiler's offensive coordinator the last two seasons at Arizona State. "He might shoot up and throw the ball around a little bit. That would be a good guy for both Brock and Tim to be around also."

good guy!!!!!!
Hmm he is 'itching' is he?
Is he going to be throwing at imaginary dragons? Didn't anyone tell him you never catch the dragon?

:D

All the Orange
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
This quote sure made me laugh too:

"Obviously I wouldn't do anything that would go against what their beliefs are," Mazzone said. "I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they're like girlfriends. You don't like other guys messing with them."

BroncoooJohnson
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
I used to think of Rivers as an a$$ in the Cutler days, but when Tebow was drafted I recall Rivers praising his game, and after recalling many interviews i really started to respect him more.

It more than likely that Cutler was the one provoking the talk between he and Rivers, looking back.

jcdavey
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Hmm he is 'itching' is he?
Is he going to be throwing at imaginary dragons? Didn't anyone tell him you never catch the dragon?

:D

lol good catch

Potzer01
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm not very excited about this mentor. It's the same guy he worked with before the draft and last offseason...it didn't really seem to help much.

I disagree.

There has been a fair amount of improvement in the spin and I'd imagine velocity(as a side effect) since Timmy's college days. They're still not confused with Brady's throws. However they're shot-putted far less then before.

ESPN's sports science bit did an interesting piece on the last play of the Steelers game. (from memory so pardon me if my numbers are off) However they timed Timmy pre-draft and his release was something like .67 seconds. On the OT throw Timmy was down to .503 or something. They postulated that the release time speed up gave DT time to get off the stiff arm to extend for the win.

Think they said Rodgers had a release of like .4 something.

PAINTERDAVE
02-16-2012, 08:05 AM

All reports are that Tim worked with Mazzone before the draft.

That's it.

I have NOWHERE read any reports of him working with Tim last off season.
I followed it closely last of season..
and I dont believe Tim worked with Mazzone during the lockout.

Your posts are consistantly negative about our starting QB...
and in this instance it seems to me you are making stuff up
to be extra negative and dismissive of
what is seen by the rest of us as good news.

PAINTERDAVE
02-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Tebow works on throwing motion in L.A.

Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2012, 11:06 PM EST

Two years ago, as Tim Tebow tried to get himself in position to be taken in the first round of the draft, he embarked on an effort to change his throwing motion.

Today, the effort continues. According to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Tebow is working on his mechanics with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

“He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he’s doing,” Mazzone said. “Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks.”

Mazzone said that Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder are expected to join the workouts soon. Mazzone was Rivers’ offensive coordinator at North Carolina State.

“Obviously I wouldn’t do anything that would go against what their beliefs are,” Mazzone said in reference to the Broncos’ plans for Tebow, adding that Mazzone regularly talks with Denver’s quarterbacks coach, Adam Gase. “I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they’re like girlfriends. You don’t like other guys messing with them.”

Tebow completed 46.5 percent of his throws during the regular season, and only 40.4 percent in two playoff games. If he can improve his accuracy, he can become a dangerous dual-purpose weapon.

__________________________________________________ ___

TWO YEARS AGO..... NOT last off season.

ERoyal248
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Tim Tebow is working on shortening his throwing motion and delivery with UCLA OC Noel Mazzone.
"He's trying to shorten that motion," Schefter said. "... He's doing what it takes to get it tigher, get it more compact, shorter. Less time with the football." Tebow's decision to work with someone outside the Broncos' organization may have raised some eyebrows. But players can only rehab -- not work out -- at their team's facilities until mid-April, according to the new CBA.

Freyaka
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I used to think of Rivers as an a$$ in the Cutler days, but when Tebow was drafted I recall Rivers praising his game, and after recalling many interviews i really started to respect him more.

It more than likely that Cutler was the one provoking the talk between he and Rivers, looking back.

Looking back at the Cutler/Marshall days I suspect they were no less to blame in the matter.

xOrangeCrushx
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Osweiler is the guy Mazzone was working with that needs to be on our roster.

DarkHorse26
02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Mazzone and Gase are communicating through this entire process which is exactly what I wanted to hear. I can guarantee that Adam gave him a laundry list of items to work on with Tebow.

CoryWinget81
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
He's always going to regress and dip his shoulder while throwing. He's always going to have a wind-up. I'm more concerned about his ability to read a defense and his footwork.

stuckinjax
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
yes lol , i obviously lost a bet

but hey, kish did a good job on the sig lol

If I knew how to do a sig yours would be my choice .. most of those pics have been my wallpaper at some point and 1 went on the cruise with me ..the maid kept telling me how gorgeous my husbands picture was ..and no I did not correct her

PAINTERDAVE
02-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Mazzone and Gase are communicating through this entire process which is exactly what I wanted to hear. I can guarantee that Adam gave him a laundry list of items to work on with Tebow.

I had not seen this tidbit..
I am pleased to know that it is so.

Thanks for the info.

broncos SB2010
02-16-2012, 03:35 PM
All reports are that Tim worked with Mazzone before the draft.

That's it.

I have NOWHERE read any reports of him working with Tim last off season.
I followed it closely last of season..
and I dont believe Tim worked with Mazzone during the lockout.

Your posts are consistantly negative about our starting QB...
and in this instance it seems to me you are making stuff up
to be extra negative and dismissive of
what is seen by the rest of us as good news.

I will accept your apology any time you want to give it....

The Mazzones previously worked with Tebow (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone) when the Heisman Trophy winner was coming out of Florida and helped him become a first-round pick in 2010. They also worked with him last offseason.

Freyaka
02-16-2012, 04:58 PM

The Mazzones previously worked with Tebow (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone) when the Heisman Trophy winner was coming out of Florida and helped him become a first-round pick in 2010. They also worked with him last offseason.

SMH.....I hate this haha I told you so crap the members of this board feel so much like doing.

Good for you that you were right. Regardless I think it's good for him to work with rivers/ponder and Mazzone expecially since Mazzone is keeping in contact with gase.

You talk about the lack of improvement last off season, Mazzone wouldn't have been in contact with Gase last season because of the lockout he is this season, they can focus on what the organization wants them to focus on and then there is going to be a full offseason of workouts after that...

It's pointless to look at last offseason and say "yea there was no improvement" considering the shortened offseason and the lack of ability to communicate last offseason.

Key West Bronc
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Probably took 2 or 3 emails to get it all in.

elway93
02-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Honestly I think the best thing for him to do would be to sit down and review a bunch of film with a quarterback coach and learn more about reading defenses. I feel like if he could anticipate what a defense was going to do a little quicker it would go a long way towards helping him play a lot better.

Pura Vida
02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
But then he is at a movie premiere, hob nobbing with hollywood and getting pictures with Arnold Schwarziniger.

I'll give Tim the benefit of the doubt.....but I sure hope he doesnt do another media tour through April and May like he did last year. My ideal off season would be not to see tebow or hear his name unless it is a report about how hard he is working to improve.

super_boltz
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Probably just foot work when you consider both rivers and osweiler still had/have unconventional throwing motions after they left him for the pros

The guy is good for telling you the best throws for your motion rather than trying to change a guys throwing motion. He more so is about timing throw selection and crispness in your motion.

demosthenes9
02-17-2012, 12:28 AM
But then he is at a movie premiere, hob nobbing with hollywood and getting pictures with Arnold Schwarziniger.

Yeah, he should be working on nothing but football 24/7/365 !!!!

/sarcasm

It's downtime, something that EVERYONE needs, even Tim Tebow.

Freyaka
02-17-2012, 01:17 AM

I'll give Tim the benefit of the doubt.....but I sure hope he doesnt do another media tour through April and May like he did last year. My ideal off season would be not to see tebow or hear his name unless it is a report about how hard he is working to improve.

I love how in the eyes of fans if Tebow has any sort of a life outside of football he's not working hard enough......If he doesn't eat, sleep, breath and drink football every second of every day well...just how dare he.....

AND THEN! When he does spend time working on football with a QB coach he's using the wrong coach so how dare he again.....dude can't freaking win for losing.

roushmartin6
02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Glad he is working on getting better, hopefully he lights it up in OTAs and training camp. If he can make the tough throws consistently, he will be unstopable.

one5beast
02-17-2012, 06:16 AM

Not gonna happen. And it's not Tebows fault. The more tebow on tv the more people watch

PAINTERDAVE
02-17-2012, 08:35 AM

That is the first I ever heard of that.

I will happily apologize for getting it wrong...
though the information seemed not available before.

You were right.. I was wrong. Happy to apologize...

Happy Tim is working with theses guys. Happy that I am in Denver.
Happy that life is so sweet. Happy that things look so good for Tim and my Broncos.

Positive energy attracts positive outcomes.

Have a GREAT day! :D

#Broncosfan
02-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Hey I've got an idea if your so sick of hearing about Tebow quit reading threads specifically about him and then commenting on it. It's like having a sore spot on your leg, and saying, "every time I touch my leg on this sore spot it hurts". Here is a clue stop freaking touching your leg then. In case you didn't catch on this is a metaphor for your Tebow dilemma.

PAINTERDAVE
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Not gonna happen. And it's not Tebows fault. The more tebow on tv the more people watch

This is America in the 21st century. It will be what it will be.
I dont watch a lot of TV.

If I dont come here... I dont hardly ever hear of or see Tim Tebow mentioned...
and I LIVE in Denver.

He is a US celebrity... and a dang fine role model for kids.

Grandmothers like him. Dads like him.

For a change.. we have a celebrity who is one of the good guys.

Must suck to hate that..
for those who watch a lot of tv looking for
trashy celebrity behaviour to vicariously live through.

CoryWinget81
02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I love how in the eyes of fans if Tebow has any sort of a life outside of football he's not working hard enough......If he doesn't eat, sleep, breath and drink football every second of every day well...just how dare he.....

AND THEN! When he does spend time working on football with a QB coach he's using the wrong coach so how dare he again.....dude can't freaking win for losing.

I haven't seen anyone saying he shouldn't have any downtime. Quite the opposite, I've seen most say that everyone deserves a break.

Like I pointed out before, I don't think it's the wrong coach. I just think what's "wrong" with him isn't going to be fixed in one offseason, regardless of who's coaching him.

Here on the radio people are saying "You know what? Tebow should work with Steve Young!" which makes me laugh.

demosthenes9
02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I haven't seen anyone saying he shouldn't have any downtime.

Not real sure how you missed it, especially since Freyaka quoted the post and highlighted the pertinent part with BOLD TEXT.

But, here it is again, since apparently, you did miss it.

CoryWinget81
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Not real sure how you missed it, especially since Freyaka quoted the post and highlighted the pertinent part with BOLD TEXT.

But, here it is again, since apparently, you did miss it.

I'll give Tim the benefit of the doubt.....

I'll say this. The members of this board are absolute MASTERS of taking things out of context.

Freyaka
02-17-2012, 09:14 AM
I haven't seen anyone saying he shouldn't have any downtime. Quite the opposite, I've seen most say that everyone deserves a break.

Like I pointed out before, I don't think it's the wrong coach. I just think what's "wrong" with him isn't going to be fixed in one offseason, regardless of who's coaching him.

Here on the radio people are saying "You know what? Tebow should work with Steve Young!" which makes me laugh.

Anytime he does anything in the media (such as the post I replied to complaining about a movie premiere) people complain about it as if it's taking away from time he should be spending working on football.

Your probably right that it can't be fixed in one offseason (hopefully greatly improved upon but probably not fixed)

But my comments were more directed at the fact that if he does anything at all that's not working on football every second of his day people complain about it (like the freaking book signings last year) I have no doubt that at the same time he was doing those signings he was working as well (granted we didn't see a lot of improvment last year but that's another matter) but people were acting like since we didn't hear about it, it didn't happen and he just didn't work out nearly enough because of the signings.....

They guy has obligations outside of football (most players do) people need to just get over it.

As far as your comments on the part about him using the wrong coach, nothing in my comments were directed at you, more the fact that people complained that he didn't have a coach and then those same people turned around and said "that's a bad choice for a QB coach what has he done..."

demosthenes9
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I'll say this. The members of this board are absolute MASTERS of taking things out of context.

What was taken out of context ? He said he'll give Tebow the benefit of the doubt, RIGHT AFTER he complained about Tebow doing things other than learning how to be a better QB.

Oilersfan34
02-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Doesn't it bother anybody that Mazzone is the same guy he worked with before the Combine and last year as well? Also, I thought it was footwork, reading defenses that he was supposed to be working on not throwing motion.

You cant fix throwing motion but you can fix the feet and what he sees.

As far as the nightlife thing... so what? Let the kid have some fun for crimany sakes he cant do FB related stuff 16 hours a day..it will burn him out.

If I were a big supporter I would be worried the the throwing motion thing will hamper his progress. Leave the kids arm alone and work on his feet, his timing and his ablity to read pre and post snap. Thats how you get him from what you saw last year to a better version this year.

Tim's ceiling ( IMHO) is about that of Alex Smith. Tebow doesn't have 7 years to get there so he has to reach it in year 3.

#Broncosfan
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Doesn't it bother anybody that Mazzone is the same guy he worked with before the Combine and last year as well? Also, I thought it was footwork, reading defenses that he was supposed to be working on not throwing motion.

You cant fix throwing motion but you can fix the feet and what he sees.

As far as the nightlife thing... so what? Let the kid have some fun for crimany sakes he cant do FB related stuff 16 hours a day..it will burn him out.

If I were a big supporter I would be worried the the throwing motion thing will hamper his progress. Leave the kids arm alone and work on his feet, his timing and his ablity to read pre and post snap. Thats how you get him from what you saw last year to a better version this year.

Tim's ceiling ( IMHO) is about that of Alex Smith. Tebow doesn't have 7 years to get there so he has to reach it in year 3.

I don't think anyone knows all the details of what he is working on. For all we know he is focusing on his footwork. I think it's silly to be concerned. He will either improve or he won't. I am so sick of all this analyst jargon of his ceiling being too low or his this being too that. It's all nonsense. You do realize they talk about this stuff because they get paid to, and the reason why it's stupid stuff is because they run out of things of substance to say. What's even more annoying is when fans talk about it as if it's important. Noone knows his future, his ceiling, his whatever. I just wish people would stop pretending they can predict these things.

Why is it so hard to wish him well as the starting QB of the Broncos. I know your not a fan, but just speaking in general.

-Rod-
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM

I think Tebow has a higher ceiling than Alex Smith. Tebow has a better arm and more ability as a runner.

Alex Smith produced 19 touchdowns for the 49ers in 2011, starting 16 games in his 7th season. Tebow produced 18 touchdowns for the Broncos in 2011.

Tebow still has some years of development ahead of him. Maybe the Broncos will not be as patient as the 49ers. They probably won't. If the Broncos trade or release Tebow next year, he will continue his development with another team.

Tebow will not disappear from the NFL in 2013.

The 49ers gave no continuity to Alex Smith, constantly changing his head coach and coordinator. But even in this lack of continuity, they were extremely patient with Smith. He's been there for 7 seasons and they kept waiting for him to improve.

And the 49ers also surrounded Smith with an army of 1st round picks on offense. Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Joe Staley and Vernon Davis. They also made a trade for Ted Ginn and signed Braylon Edwards.

Oilersfan34
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't think anyone knows all the details of what he is working on. For all we know he is focusing on his footwork. I think it's silly to be concerned. He will either improve or he won't. I am so sick of all this analyst jargon of his ceiling being too low or his this being too that. It's all nonsense. You do realize they talk about this stuff because they get paid to, and the reason why it's stupid stuff is because they run out of things of substance to say. What's even more annoying is when fans talk about it as if it's important. Noone knows his future, his ceiling, his whatever. I just wish people would stop pretending they can predict these things.

Why is it so hard to wish him well as the starting QB of the Broncos. I know your not a fan, but just speaking in general.

If tebow becomes a good / great QB I would be fine. I don't wish anyone to fail. I do however have eyes and form an opinion based upon what I see. I have never said he won't improve, I just see his ceiling being lower than others. You get hyperbole on both sides, some say he can't or won't improve, I don't believe that for a second, on the other side you get he will become the greatest weapon in NFL history and so on. I don't believe that either. I think he can become a serviceable QB. However, serviceable QB's don't win SUper Bowls.

He has the drive and heart not sure that's enough in the NFL,

#Broncosfan
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
If tebow becomes a good / great QB I would be fine. I don't wish anyone to fail. I do however have eyes and form an opinion based upon what I see. I have never said he won't improve, I just see his ceiling being lower than others. You get hyperbole on both sides, some say he can't or won't improve, I don't believe that for a second, on the other side you get he will become the greatest weapon in NFL history and so on. I don't believe that either. I think he can become a serviceable QB. However, serviceable QB's don't win SUper Bowls.

He has the drive and heart not sure that's enough in the NFL,

I think it's more likely he can be a big asset, assuming he can improve in the passing game. The thing that I think sets him apart is, when used properly he is a fantastic red zone threat. You could have a QB that throws for 300 yards and completes 60%, but if you can't convert in the red one none of those stats matter, this is exactly what we had with Orton.

With Tebow we just need to work on getting into the red zone more often. Which means improved passing game. I have high hopes he'll do better next season, but we shall see.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
He's always going to regress and dip his shoulder while throwing. He's always going to have a wind-up. I'm more concerned about his ability to read a defense and his footwork.

I tend to agree. However, when some former QB comes out and says he could fix Tebow's throwing motion in two weeks, I tend to be interested. Can't remember who said that the week before the Super Bowl, but it got me thinking that 2 weeks trying, couldn't hurt.

ERoyal248
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I tend to agree. However, when some former QB comes out and says he could fix Tebow's throwing motion in two weeks, I tend to be interested. Can't remember who said that the week before the Super Bowl, but it got me thinking that 2 weeks trying, couldn't hurt.

I think it was Tom Martinez, Brady's QB coach or one he works out with in the offseason.

samparnell
02-17-2012, 12:21 PM

i love this ****!

I always like the view of the field after an NFL game with players and coaches mixing and mingling. Good sportsmanship actually is very important in spite of how often it is forgotten and how much the bad kind is tolerated.

broncos SB2010
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
That is the first I ever heard of that.

I will happily apologize for getting it wrong...
though the information seemed not available before.

You were right.. I was wrong. Happy to apologize...

Happy Tim is working with theses guys. Happy that I am in Denver.
Happy that life is so sweet. Happy that things look so good for Tim and my Broncos.

Positive energy attracts positive outcomes.

Have a GREAT day! :D

It's not about who is right/wrong. It's more about calling someone a liar for no other reason than they disagree with you or you disagree with something they wrote. I posted something that I had read. You called me a liar and said I made it up because I disagree with you about Tebow's abilities. You could have asked where I saw that info at, instead, you chose to attack the poster. That's lame and far from the supportive, positive way you claim you treat people.

RustyGator
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Have y'all noticed how far Tim has come with his mechanics? Sure he's still far from perfect but he's come a long way, imo. Maybe you guys don't agree and that's fine. But in a recent article they pointed out that Tim's release was over 15% faster on that 80 yard toss and run to Thomas against Pitt than it had been a couple years ago. That's a pretty significant speed-up, right? And he has even more room to grow. That's encouraging I think.

Let's just be patient and give some time. This team was supposed to have a top-5 pick in this year's draft and instead won a playoff game last year. This team has a lot to rally around. They have more confidence now and are probably a lot more hungry to prove they can go even further.

The one thing you don't want to do is bet against Timmy-boy. Just sayin.

CoryWinget81
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
It's not about who is right/wrong. It's more about calling someone a liar for no other reason than they disagree with you or you disagree with something they wrote. I posted something that I had read. You called me a liar and said I made it up because I disagree with you about Tebow's abilities. You could have asked where I saw that info at, instead, you chose to attack the poster. That's lame and far from the supportive, positive way you claim you treat people.

Pretty much what I was saying/thinking.

Oilersfan34
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Have y'all noticed how far Tim has come with his mechanics? Sure he's still far from perfect but he's come a long way, imo. Maybe you guys don't agree and that's fine. But in a recent article they pointed out that Tim's release was over 15% faster on that 80 yard toss and run to Thomas against Pitt than it had been a couple years ago. That's a pretty significant speed-up, right? And he has even more room to grow. That's encouraging I think.

Let's just be patient and give some time. This team was supposed to have a top-5 pick in this year's draft and instead won a playoff game last year. This team has a lot to rally around. They have more confidence now and are probably a lot more hungry to prove they can go even further.

The one thing you don't want to do is bet against Timmy-boy. Just sayin.

15% FASTER on one pass? I think you would have to calculate every single pass this year to understand if there has been a marked improvement. I had a double eagle once... I aint the next tiger woods.

broncoFan!
02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
You know I'm beginning to think that Tebow could win a Super Bowl next year and throw 3 TD's and some people would still not be convinced that he can be a starting QB in the NFL.... :(

CoryWinget81
02-17-2012, 03:31 PM
You know I'm beginning to think that Tebow could win a Super Bowl next year and throw 3 TD's and some people would still not be convinced that he can be a starting QB in the NFL.... :(

Nearly every Super Bowl has been won from the pocket. If Tebow wins the super bowl and throws 3 TDs I don't think anyone would doubt him.

Also, very few QB's throw 3 TDs in a Super Bowl.

broncoFan!
02-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Nearly every Super Bowl has been won from the pocket. If Tebow wins the super bowl and throws 3 TDs I don't think anyone would doubt him.

Also, very few QB's throw 3 TDs in a Super Bowl.

Exactly my point. He could do what people told him he could never do, and I personally still think there would be the doubters out there. I think he is that controversial as a sports figure.

demosthenes9
02-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Nearly every Super Bowl has been won from the pocket.

How are you defining "won from the pocket" ?

jarbronco
02-17-2012, 11:39 PM

I seem to remember some qb who got it done with his legs. This John Elway guy. He might have thrown from the pocket like a maniac, but his signature play was the helicopter play, and his style over the years was all about getting it done , no matter what it takes. Elway was great from the pocket, but without his running ability and hard nosed plain baddassedness he was just another pocket passer.

the0rangecrush
02-18-2012, 01:43 AM

I think he's implying one phenomenal defensive effort supported by a QB from the pocket

Gator Wheel
02-18-2012, 07:08 AM
The cool thing about message boards is that ignorant people can try and pick apart experts with adopted media soundbytes to try and further their agendas. Fat, beer-drinking, Sunday football watchers who sat the bench in pee-wee football and run a 10.2 forty (downhill) know far more than this QB coach, the Broncos coaching staff, TT, Phillip Rivers and, probably, the rest of the NFL.

"Practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." Hey man, thanks for the soundbyte I heard at 7 years old. Perhaps Elway should resign so you can take over the team and spew worthless cliches all day on the way to the Super Bowl.

red19
02-18-2012, 08:02 AM
15% FASTER on one pass? I think you would have to calculate every single pass this year to understand if there has been a marked improvement. I had a double eagle once... I aint the next tiger woods.

Whats wrong with using that one specific pass? We dont have a seasons worth of plays timed out for comparison, so that one specific pass was the most important one up to that point in Tebows career. If Tebow showed a quicker release on the most important pass he had yet to attempt, whats wrong with using it as a comparison. Truth is, I really dont care how fast his average speed is over 300 passing attempts. I want to see how much (if any) improvement there is when its needed most. Do I care if he was faster on his 3rd pass against the Dolphins in the 2nd qtr or his 4th pass against the Vikings in the 3rd? No.

This was a great example of a situation where we hope Tebow doesnt fall back on bad habits, and he didnt. There will be times when he does, but this wasnt one of them.

At that moment, we didnt need an elongated throwing motion, a bad read, bad footwork or bad timing.......we didnt need it and we didnt get it. You may think its just some fluke situation, an abberation, but results are reality and the reality was the result......a nicely thrown ball to DT for a playoff game winner.

Your 1 double eagle isnt getting you on the tour, just like Tebows "one pass" didnt get him in the NFL as a starting QB. Tim Tebow worked his way up to the NFL level as a starting QB no less, you hit a nice long iron shot once.

samparnell
02-18-2012, 08:22 AM
I seem to remember some qb who got it done with his legs. This John Elway guy. He might have thrown from the pocket like a maniac, but his signature play was the helicopter play, and his style over the years was all about getting it done , no matter what it takes. Elway was great from the pocket, but without his running ability and hard nosed plain baddassedness he was just another pocket passer.

John Elway had the strongest arm I have seen in over fifty years of watching football games. He could throw a fifteen yard out ... from the opposite sideline. :eek: I guess he was out of the pocket. :duh:

Tebow doesn't need to be a pocket passer. Like Elway, he will sometimes throw from the pocket. I would like to see run heavy with PAP/Boot. Eventually, I think he will gain more yards scrambling and on Boot than on called run plays ... just like John. :D

broncolee
02-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Tebow doesn't need to be a pocket passer.

Except that, the Broncos, led by John Elway as VP of Football Operations, are operating on the theory that the quarterback has to be able to play from the pocket in order for the team to contend for a championship.

Tebow needs to be able to operate predominantly from the pocket because that's what the Broncos want because thats what they believe is necessary for the Broncos to win a championship.

Whether we agree with that philosophy or not is irrelevant because they're not going to believe in Tebow if they don't think he can play the way they think he needs to play in order for the team to win a championship.

It's kinda hard to argue with their philosophy though. Teams that have won or at least gotten to the Super Bowl in the last 10 or so years have had quarterbacks that can play predominantly from the pocket. That doesn't mean the Broncos need a statue but they need a guy who can drop back and let it rip and not have to rely solely on his mobility.

samparnell
02-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Except that, the Broncos, led by John Elway as VP of Football Operations, are operating on the theory that the quarterback has to be able to play from the pocket in order for the team to contend for a championship.

Tebow needs to be able to operate predominantly from the pocket because that's what the Broncos want because thats what they believe is necessary for the Broncos to win a championship.

Whether we agree with that philosophy or not is irrelevant because they're not going to believe in Tebow if they don't think he can play the way they think he needs to play in order for the team to win a championship.

It's kinda hard to argue with their philosophy though. Teams that have won or at least gotten to the Super Bowl in the last 10 or so years have had quarterbacks that can play predominantly from the pocket. That doesn't mean the Broncos need a statue but they need a guy who can drop back and let it rip and not have to rely solely on his mobility.

I did not know that you know what the Broncos want. Silly me. I should have checked with you before speaking since you obviously have a pipeline inside the Broncos' organization. And, your job title is ... ? :confused:

broncolee
02-18-2012, 10:05 AM
I did not know that you know what the Broncos want. Silly me. I should have checked with you before speaking since you obviously have a pipeline inside the Broncos' organization. And, your job title is ... ?

It's not my fault you haven't paid attention to things that Elway has said publicly.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Nimrod
02-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I did not know that you know what the Broncos want. Silly me. I should have checked with you before speaking since you obviously have a pipeline inside the Broncos' organization. And, your job title is ... ? :confused:

Sam - He has clearly been talking to Fox about his preferred offensive game plan.

;)

samparnell
02-18-2012, 11:07 AM
It's not my fault you haven't paid attention to things that Elway has said publicly.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

... I did not know I was speaking to a representative of the school of thought which learns what the Broncos will do by microanalyzing every audio and printed interview and each facial expression and tone of voice of John Elway in order to determine exactly what the Broncos will do.

A better question about how much pocket passing John Fox and Mike McCoy expect from Tim Tebow revolves around how run heavy they intend to be in 2012. Being run heavy means PAP/Boot.

Is it possible to have PAP from the pocket when under center? Yes. Is it possible to boot out of play action from under center? Absolutely. Is it possible to do effective PAP from direct snap/shotgun formations? Only if run is a viable threat established by Double (zone read) Option.

John Fox is the HC and Mike McCoy is the OC. John Elway is not on the coaching staff. I seriously doubt if Fox and McCoy intend to squeeze Tim Tebow into a box which will limit his chances to succeed. I expect some pocket passing; I also expect a lot of PAP including Boot.

Eventually, Tebow will have more yards rushing from scrambling and from Boot than on designed Single Wing style or Option run plays. Defenses are so paranoid about Tebow running they put a spy on him. Play action draws defenders to the fake POA and spy is not in coverage. Someone will will be open for + yardage.

You may continue to psychanalyze and microinterpret every utterance of Elway if you wish. Personally, I like to base expectations on real football considerations based on past history.

Have a nice day. :wave:

PS You might have a better understanding of these things if you studied some football. It's not my fault that you prefer not to.

ebsoria
02-18-2012, 11:37 AM

:hammer:

Okay, folks.. back on topic, please. :thumb:

BoltNut
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I just hope that Philip Rivers spends a little time improving his own throwing. We don't want another season like the last one....... sheesh!

Freyaka
02-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I just hope that Philip Rivers spends a little time improving his own throwing. We don't want another season like the last one....... sheesh!

I personally hope Tebows bad mechanics wear off on him :D

153fishes
02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
short footage of Tebow working out at UCLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4i0cpURBWI&sns=tw

#24 Next Champ
02-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Thx for the vid, looks sharp, but had even last season when bullets weren't flying ...it's a matter of it becoming second nature so he doesn't revert in games

N We should give those guys catching for Tim a workout ...after all they are catching his passes :D

Jay3
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM

Looking good! :thumb:

NVBroncfan
02-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Once his footwork gets solid Tebow is going to be amazing

jetdrumz
02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Release is definetly quicker. I hope it sticks in live play.

OrangeandBlue88
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM

T4P.

He looks good. Glad he's balancing getting better with still having a life.

And he's still huge. I thought he had lost a lot of weight over the season from looking at pics but he's still pretty massive.:peace:

Oilersfan34
02-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Release is definetly quicker. I hope it sticks in live play.

Therein lies the whole kit-n-kaboodle. No rush, no pressure and nothing to lose. As someone said its when the bullets start flying that people revert to their natural style... he has to become what you see on this film WHILE having someone trying to tear his head off.

Freyaka
02-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Therein lies the whole kit-n-kaboodle. No rush, no pressure and nothing to lose. As someone said its when the bullets start flying that people revert to their natural style... he has to become what you see on this film WHILE having someone trying to tear his head off.

No matter how much people would like that to come overnight it doesn't come overnight. If you spend 5-10 years doing it one way 2-3 years of doing it another isn't always going to be natural. These things take time, he'll likely always have situation's he'll revert in but if he can get to a point where he's doing the right thing in the majority of situations it'll be a good start for this season.

Oilersfan34
02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
No matter how much people would like that to come overnight it doesn't come overnight. If you spend 5-10 years doing it one way 2-3 years of doing it another isn't always going to be natural. These things take time, he'll likely always have situation's he'll revert in but if he can get to a point where he's doing the right thing in the majority of situations it'll be a good start for this season.

Agreed! That's why I am so MEH on his getting to elite status. So many of the QB's that fail have the "right tools" and training and work ethic and all the other stuff that QB's need. Yet the failure rate at the position is very high. Tebow was never asked to get better because he didn't need to.. he won on sheer physical ability. Now that he can no longer out athelete or out care the teams he's playing. All those years of creating bad habits are hurting his growth as an NFL QB.

I will continue to say that I think there is no chance he doesn't improve this off-season and next..but to me his ceiling isnt anywhere near say that of a Brees or Rodgers more of a Smith or Garcia.

Freyaka
02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Agreed! That's why I am so MEH on his getting to elite status. So many of the QB's that fail have the "right tools" and training and work ethic and all the other stuff that QB's need. Yet the failure rate at the position is very high. Tebow was never asked to get better because he didn't need to.. he won on sheer physical ability. Now that he can no longer out athelete or out care the teams he's playing. All those years of creating bad habits are hurting his growth as an NFL QB.

I will continue to say that I think there is no chance he doesn't improve this off-season and next..but to me his ceiling isnt anywhere near say that of a Brees or Rodgers more of a Smith or Garcia.

This team is in the process of building what I feel will be an elite defense here soon, he doesn't need to be brees or rodgers, just average will be enough and I think he's more than capable with a full season of being an average QB.

153fishes
02-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Tweet from Cecil Lammey.
A 2nd hand quote, so take it for what it's worth. His other tweets seem gossipy. Meh, news is slow... :goz:

http://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey

Scouts close to Mazzone says #Tebow is going to surprise people with his improvement in 2012 - anticipation already improved in short time

Scout says Tim Tebow is not wired to be a drop back passer - but can be successful with better system geared to his strength

-Rod-
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
sFbq_YZGDq8

WXob01SaJvA

kingelway7
03-01-2012, 10:37 AM
He's looking good thus far. Hopefully he keeps it up and can stick with it in a game.

RustyGator
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
sFbq_YZGDq8

WXob01SaJvA

Looks good to me. Anyone who has a better eye for the nuances of footwork and release have an opinion? Obviously though, the main question is whether he can translate his hard work to the actual games. Only Tebow can prove that.

flosstein
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Looks good to me. Anyone who has a better eye for the nuances of footwork and release have an opinion? Obviously though, the main question is whether he can translate his hard work to the actual games. Only Tebow can prove that.

These look more like footwork drills than release point drills. Because the speed of everything is kinda slowed down. Looks like escape, turn, plant, pass in the the first vid and normal drop, read, plant, pass in the second. With all that said, his feet don't look as happy as I've seen in other drill footage of him. How it translates to the actual game is another story.

BF_forever
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM

The release looks a little bit faster. His footwork looks good. He is pointing his front toe at his target and his back foot is perpendicular to that which is what its supposed to be.

I cant really tell what they are trying to fix, but there's got to be a reason for him waiting on his back foot for so long on some of the throws. Its really weird and mechanical looking.

jetdrumz
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Dang man, creeper angle.

jetdrumz
03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Is it against the CBA if someone tweets those links to Elway? lmao.

hobiecat
03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Did anyone notice how he didn't check down and hit the open lawnmower on the crossing route in the second vid.

tebowgirl15
03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Does anyone think that the QB coach is working with him on film study and helping him understand reads.

Coach9
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Didn't like the fact that most of the time, on the second video, he had to wait on receiver. When he hits that 3rd step ball needs to be coming out. Too many reps with a pause at top of drop. Angle wasn't wide enough to see if he needed to pause as much as he was or if he could have just thrown the guys open.

InElwayWeTrust
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
:eek: Lol that was kinda creepy.

teetdogs
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I happen to know that Tebow is making a trip to Montana starting on Monday, so it cant be all passing drills till OTAs

Jay3
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Is the Montana trip football workout related?

teetdogs
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Is the Montana trip football workout related?

not that I know of, the event I know he is going for is to be a speaker at a charity event for my former high school to raise money for something or the other where tickets are like 500 bucks a pop.

All the Orange
03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Man poor Tebow. That video is really weird. I can't imagine living the way he must, the guy can't even walk down the street.

-Rod-
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Man poor Tebow. That video is really weird. I can't imagine living the way he must, the guy can't even walk down the street.

Poor Tebow? He just signed a deal with an agency from Hollywood. He is a self-promoter seeking attention to spread his message. He is not a quiet guy running from the public eye. It's his fault if he can't even walk down the street.

All the Orange
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Poor Tebow? He just signed a deal with an agency from Hollywood. He is a self-promoter seeking attention to spread his message. He is not a quiet guy running from the public eye. It's his fault if he can't even walk down the street.

Meh. He's not a self-promoter. He has just used the opportunity he was given to promote a message, which certainly isn't about him. I think you are confusing him promoting a message with self-promotion. It's his fault he can't walk down the street because of the way he lives, works, and plays football. I guess you're right though, if he was a high-school dropout he wouldn't get mobbed. Maybe we should all aim for that? By that logic, anyone who is successful should be ready to have the rest of society follow them around like confused little dogs, hoping to get some scraps. I guess I just can't see myself as one of the confused little dogs, but maybe that's because I have my own life.

I mean look at the video. Some creep (stalker) is videoing him while hiding. Tebow is just trying to throw the football around.

DarkHorse26
03-02-2012, 09:25 PM

That's interesting because I don't recall him trying to sell me anything. If you mean spreading his message of kindness and giving to children in need, then sign me up.

-Rod-
03-02-2012, 09:54 PM
That's interesting because I don't recall him trying to sell me anything.

Then you forgot about his TV commercials, because he is trying to sell Jockey, FRS...

http://adage.com/article/news/broncos-tim-tebow-worth-10-million-endorsements/232000/

"As a marketer, you want somebody like that," added Mr. David. "He doesn't have the same kind of negative backlash as other players. He is just so newsworthy right now that you would want to capitalize on that."

And he also released a book, an autobiography, that you can buy here:

http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eyes-Tim-Tebow/dp/0062007289

He even appeared on TV shows to promote his book.

You can also buy his book at http://www.timtebow.com/ his official website.

Tebow allowed ESPN to record his draft journey to produce a documentary about... Tebow. I think he is only helping his fame by doing something like this.

Tebow worked with Focus on the Family to produce a controversial anti-abortion commercial. He was not selling any product there, but he was selling a political view (issue-oriented advertising) to the audience.

And now Tebow has a talent agency from Hollywood taking care of this stuff.

DarkHorse26
03-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Then you forgot about his TV commercials, because he is trying to sell Jockey, FRS...

http://adage.com/article/news/broncos-tim-tebow-worth-10-million-endorsements/232000/

And he also released a book, an autobiography, that you can buy here:

http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eyes-Tim-Tebow/dp/0062007289

He even appeared on TV shows to promote his book.

You can also buy his book at http://www.timtebow.com/ his official website.

Tebow allowed ESPN to record his draft journey to produce a documentary about... Tebow. I think he is only helping his fame by doing something like this.

Tebow worked with Focus on the Family to produce a controversial anti-abortion commercial. He was not selling any product there, but he was selling a political view (issue-oriented advertising) to the audience.

And now Tebow has a talent agency from Hollywood taking care of this stuff.

Lol bad choice of words as yes he is literally trying to sell me those things. I was referring to "seeking attention to spread his message". I know that he thanks Jesus Christ for giving him the ability to compete but that's about it.

Jay3
03-03-2012, 05:13 AM

It was actually a friend named Chase Heavener. At the time he agreed to it, Tebow had no way of knowing how the story would end (first round draft pick, third round, whatever).

ESPN jumped on the bandwagon and picked it up for broadcast. But it was produced on a shoestring budget by a small group of friends and funded almost like student movie.

You can really see them clowning around in the extras on the DVD.

Just that one clarification of interest. Your point is still well-taken.

Portia11
03-05-2012, 12:44 AM
TT loves the game of football, everything about it. But, he would probably be preaching/running an orphanage in a rural area of the Philippines if he couldn't gain a bigger platform/make money by playing football. It is what it is.

These are pics of various people 'Tebowing'. (some I hadn't seen before)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/tebowing-tim-tebow-Athletes-Celebrities-011112#photo-title=College%20memory&photo=30551398

flosstein
03-05-2012, 04:42 AM

In a way I do see your point. Being a high profile QB regardless of the "extra" stuff is hard enough as they are generally the guys most people recognize first and most. But I even see the spin by his marketing agents on working out in LA. What better place for a celebrity to be seen at almost every moment that the paparazzi capital of the world!

They could have done the workouts silently, but he endorses products that need to be sold. In Indy during SB week, he was the talk of the town. Basically no one cared about any other celeb or sports celeb other than Timmy. His agents are working every bit of his celeb power and pushing his face on the camera as much as possible. Think about it, we had like 3-4 threads on who he should or shouldn't date!

Is it all Timmy's fault, no some is the nature of the beast of being a phenomenal college QB and a starting NFL QB. But as of late much of it is. He flies that coach 3 times a week to say, somewhere in Nevada that's not Las Vegas, no one cares! But in LA the cameras are everywhere as we saw by the creeper vid and his "date" with Swift. Clearly self-promotion IMHO.

PowderAddict
03-05-2012, 06:03 AM
The Broncos of the late 90's were the kings of product placement and promotion.

For example, I don't remember anyone giving any of the several players any problems for all the EAS stuff they were doing. Eddie didn't get constantly criticized for making and promoting his mustard.

For some reason Tebow gets a ton of criticism for his product promotions. I've never seen another NFL (or any sport for that matter) receive so much flack for promoting a few products that Tebow does.

johnlimburg
03-05-2012, 06:13 AM
The Broncos of the late 90's were the kings of product placement and promotion.

For example, I don't remember anyone giving any of the several players any problems for all the EAS stuff they were doing. Eddie didn't get constantly criticized for making and promoting his mustard.

For some reason Tebow gets a ton of criticism for his product promotions. I've never seen another NFL (or any sport for that matter) receive so much flack for promoting a few products that Tebow does.

Exactly. I don't see a problem with a guy trying to get as much money as possible while they can. There careers are limited and if he doesn't succeed I do not think he will be in high demand for his product promotion and what not.

I think you could look at some guys who have personal preference on not doing it until they have actually performed and succeeded at the level they want to but either way.

Brady Quinn done it. A lot of guys do it. Everyone loves money and I am sure if I was in that situation like 99.9% of people they would to do it.

However I do think some people and this is just my personal opinion that some people beleive Tebow is not interested in the money at all. I think that is very naive and just because he is such a great guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about money. Chrisitan role models and leaders can like money.

Jay3
03-05-2012, 06:39 AM
IHis agents are working every bit of his celeb power and pushing his face on the camera as much as possible.

I don't think it's nearly that -- I think they could get him on shows 10x more than he is if they wanted to. I think they're managing it a "bare minimum" levels to respond to all the requests, and do what the NFL office wants.

I know it's exhausting, and I think he would prefer to relax and concentrate on football, doing only the charity work he chooses.

flosstein
03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't think it's nearly that -- I think they could get him on shows 10x more than he is if they wanted to. I think they're managing it a "bare minimum" levels to respond to all the requests, and do what the NFL office wants.

I know it's exhausting, and I think he would prefer to relax and concentrate on football, doing only the charity work he chooses.

That's the beauty of Tim Tebow. He doesn't need to do a million talk shows. Celebs that do that are just trying to build their star power. MJ didn't do a ton of talk shows on off seasons. His star power was enough to market anything with his logo on it. That's what they're doing with Tebow. Just using his image to drive the marketing. Only difference is he doesn't have a "universal product". If they made a Nike Foamposite Tebow edition, I'd bet dollars to donuts it'd be one of the top 5 selling sneakers of all time in a matter of 2-3 weeks. And the marketing for that, Tebow on a 2nd date with Swift wearing the sneakers. OMG!!!! The fire storm would be insane. America's sweethearts and Nike in the same photo op! Simplistic genius. Low budget, actually no budget and all that's being used is the image of 2 wholesome young people that the world loves. Less is always more when u have that type of power.

PowderAddict
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Exactly. I don't see a problem with a guy trying to get as much money as possible while they can. There careers are limited and if he doesn't succeed I do not think he will be in high demand for his product promotion and what not.

I think you could look at some guys who have personal preference on not doing it until they have actually performed and succeeded at the level they want to but either way.

Brady Quinn done it. A lot of guys do it. Everyone loves money and I am sure if I was in that situation like 99.9% of people they would to do it.

However I do think some people and this is just my personal opinion that some people beleive Tebow is not interested in the money at all. I think that is very naive and just because he is such a great guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about money. Chrisitan role models and leaders can like money.

Especially when he's using that money to build children's hospitals :laugh:

Let the man make some money. He'll either succeed or fail as a football player on the field, not becuase of his endorsements.