PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn on Tebow (out of context)

Pages : [1] 2

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Edited by staff:

This thread was started earlier this morning in response to a Michael Silver article that Brady Quinn has subsequently stated he was very displeased with because his remarks were taken so wildly out of context.

Michael Silver has stated that he will write a Yahoo sports column clarifying that Brady Quinn did not intend to take swipes at Tebow later this week.

That's right, in a thoroughly reported feature by Yahoo! Sports NFL writer Michael Silver in the March issue of GQ, one of the Tebow critics is actually fellow Denver Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn.

And it's not just one subtle jab, either. Early in his piece, Silver gets Quinn talking about how Tebow got promoted to starte

"Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice."

Silver continues on with an oral history of the season, sprinkling in choice quotes from the likes of Kurt Warner (who compares Tebow to a character in the Bible) and Suggs (who calls Tebow "terrible").

Then it's back to Quinn, who demystifies Tebow's late-game prowess:

"The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown."

To be sure, others in the story feel similarly. Merriman, of the Bills, tells Silver, "His teammates are making him look a lot better than he is." Suggs, of the Ravens, says, "No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, it’s 'He’s great.' I'll never understand it."

But the most glaring quotes -- though not the most hard-hitting -- come from Quinn.

In one passage, Broncos star linebacker Von Miller gives credit to the team -- "I mean, you could just see our team's resiliency in action. Nobody was giving up" -- and then Quinn offers a different reason for the Broncos' surge: "We’ve had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply."

Now, Quinn isn't saying anything that hasn't been thought by pretty much everyone. Tebow didn't win football games with dominance or cunning. It's hard to pin his leadership on anything other than his all-world will and, as Warner suggests, "divine intervention." But in this story we have everyone in the Broncos organization, from coach John Fox to president John Elway to Miller, saying all the right things. Then there's the backup quarterback, Brady Quinn.

And not everything Quinn says is about football. The former Notre Dame star also questions how Tebow prays.

"If you look at it as a whole," he tells Silver, "there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

Will Quinn get that opportunity? Fox says he wants two new quarterbacks to contend for the top job in Denver in the fall. So despite leading his team to a playoff victory, Tebow will have plenty of headwinds when training camp opens.

And it's likely not all of the doubters will be outside the Broncos complex.

Well hello Brady Quinn. Didn't really expect that from you

kingelway7
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
So Brady, you're saying Tebow is trying to purposely draw attention to himself by purposely kneeling right infront of a camera?

What an --- Quinn is...

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Tebow prays on the sidelines and the camera runs to him to film him.

How is that praying in front of the camera on purpose, Brady? Seriously?

I honestly always liked BQ. I understand being upset that fans clamored for Tebow, that's fine. Blast the way he plays, that's fine. Calling him out for praying when he's on your own team and Quinn himself is a devout christian? That's dumb.

Denver Mike
02-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Well.....

Okay... :coffee:

kingelway7
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM

I honestly always liked BQ. I understand being upset that fans clamored for Tebow, that's fine. Blast the way he plays, that's fine. Calling him out for praying when he's on your own team and Quinn himself is a devout christian? That's dumb.

I agree. Maybe Quinn is just a little jealous that Tebow is getting a ton of attention and he isnt getting any.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Someone got bit by the green-eyed monster...

jetdrumz
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/1/3c0298f1-469f-465c-8c00-92fab121b3d6.jpg

Nimrod
02-21-2012, 09:04 AM
So Miller attributes the success to the resilience of the team and Quinn to luck. I think in his attempt to throw Tebow under the bus he just pitched the whole team under the bus.

jetdrumz
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Quinn knows he's not coming back, so it's ok to fire shots in his mind. He stayed quiet before on the off chance he could be put in a game.

Oilersfan34
02-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Can we all agree that:

1. Quinn knows more about playing football than anyone on the board.
2. Quinn actually was on the field watching the games unfold.
3. Quinn has the right to have an opinion and express it.

Whether he is jealous or not..only he knows that.

I just don't understand the few people on here that get so upset anytime anyone doesn't fawn all over Tebow.

I tell you right now LUCK had a lot to do with the season. LUCK has a lot to do with everyones season. Patriots were lucky (maybe) that the Ravens kicker shanked the ball. The Giants were lucky Gronkowski wasnt 6 inches closer to the final ball thrown in the SB. The broncos were lucky when whats his name from chicago didnt just fall down in bounds.

You need some luck to win sometimes. Dropped INT's, onside kick recoveries etc...

jetdrumz
02-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Barber was knocked out of bounds fwiw, but yes luck plays a big part in every game of every season.

RunYouOver
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Can we all agree that:

I just don't understand the few people on here that get so upset anytime anyone doesn't fawn all over Tebow.

I tell you right now LUCK had a lot to do with the season. LUCK has a lot to do with everyones season. Patriots were lucky (maybe) that the Ravens kicker shanked the ball. The Giants were lucky Gronkowski wasnt 6 inches closer to the final ball thrown in the SB. The broncos were lucky when whats his name from chicago didnt just fall down in bounds.

You need some luck to win sometimes. Dropped INT's, onside kick recoveries etc...

It's not as much that as the fact that Quinn would actually say that publicly. That's pretty bad of a teammate to say and shows just how selfish he was...

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm not religious, but I think it's pretty low to go after someone on that level. The poster above said people will write this off as jealousy or sour grapes, in a way that suggested its not. Funny though you say it, because it obviously is jealousy. It doesn't take a shrink to figure that out. If I were Quinn I'd be jealous too. People expected a lot from Quinn when he came out, and sadly for him things didn't work out. He's only human I really don't blame him for having sour grapes. That being said he would've been wise not to say any of this. While I sympathize with why he feels that way, it doesn't show him in the best light.

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Quinn is right about most of this .... but Tebow homers will not even attempt to see it. He got the chance to start stolen out of his hands for two years in a row because of how popular Tebow is. The whole camera thing is overblown, but a lot of what Quinn said is the truth.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Can we all agree that:

You could say the same 3 things about Von Miller, and he had a completely different take.

Quinn has every right to say those things, and we have every right to feel he is being a whiny you know what for doing so.

And Luck plays a part in every game. You don't get to the divisional round of the playoffs purely off of luck. If "luck" consitently keeps going your way, then it's not just "luck".

No one has to "Fawn" all over Tebow. But sour grapes are rarely well received.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
so how come in the last 3 years we have only been lucky when Tebow played?

When Tebow plays, we ALL get lucky :D

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Barber was knocked out of bounds fwiw, but yes luck plays a big part in every game of every season.

Thank you!!! Luck isn't unique to the Denver Broncos. I'm so sick of people acting like we deserve no credit for our season because of, "luck". It's called football people, and that is why every coach in this league teaches players to play the full 60 min. Because anything can happen. Honestly if you go back and assess each game most of our, "luck" were plays made by various Broncos, and Tebow making the necessary throws or runs in the final minutes.

Nimrod
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Quinn is right about most of this .... but Tebow homers will not even attempt to see it. He got the chance to start stolen out of his hands for two years in a row because of how popular Tebow is. The whole camera thing is overblown, but a lot of what Quinn said is the truth.

I believe Quinn when he says he was the backup to Orton. I also believe he was ready to go in then Orton got dinged up. Problem is all that when out the window when Orton was benched. They were not planning at that point to continue the same plan only replacing Orton with Quinn. They ditched the season to see what they could find out about the young guys. Specifically, Tebow and DT. It was a different direction and different game plan with some different players after 1-4. Llloyd and Orton were traded. I think what happened after the 1-4 start probably shocked everyone on the team.

I have maintained since the change of direction that it was team when we won and it was team when we lost. But going 8-4 after starting 1-4 changes things. Of course luck plays into the equation and I think Oilerfan summed that up well. There was a quote by a coach once that they would rather be lucky than good.

But this is just my opinion.

Freyaka
02-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow bitter much Brady? Best of luck to you where ever you land don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All the Orange
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
haha, Quinn must be a poster on these boards! Honestly, I'm amazed Tebow still throws at all when he is constantly pulling knives out of his back.

Some of the stuff in there is true, but the praying bit was way over the top. Most of Tim's other teammates testify to his character. In general, these are just the rantings of a green-eyed gym rat.

JerryD3430
02-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Now I do not support the platform he chose to speak on or the remarks about him being #2 then all of a sudden Tebow was playing because it just sounds like whining. However, Quinn is not far off in his assessment of the Broncos season and Tebow's play in general. The Broncos did have an awful lot of luck during their winning streak, i.e. Barber going out of bounds, Sanchez finding Andre Goodman wide open for a pick six, SD missing 2 FGs, Ponder again finding Andre Goodman wide open for a pick, all of these were crucial in the Broncos winning the division this year. And they all seemed to happen when all hope was lost in those games so yes it can seem like luck was with us in 2011.

But where Quinn goes wrong is in his critical remarks of Tebow's play and not acknowledging the defense's effort during that winning streak. Now i am not going to sit here and say Tebow doesn't have flaws cause he has plenty, but to critic him as if he was in his 3rd or 4th year when he was really experiencing his rookie season on the field is absurd. Not too many defenses respect a 1st year QB no matter what his throwing motion or capabilities are. And the luck he is referring to was able to happen by the defense playing its butt off and keeping this team in these games.

Finally, his comment about it only takes one play when the defense falls asleep is pathetic and moronic given it only takes one play at any point to win the game. This, in my opinion, was a cheap shot at Tebow by a jealous backup. I mean did anyone rag on Ben Rothlisberger when the Steelers ran the same type of offense and waited right to the end of the game for the one play that put them over the top? Or for that matter how about the Dan Reeves Broncos who waited for Elway to make the one play at the end to win it. Plus anyone who thinks Ike Taylor wasn't dialed in during OT of that playoff game after watching Tebow and DT burn him all game is insane and the play was still made.

muse
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Quinn had two seasons to out-practise Kyle Orton. He did not. Yeah, he has been a bit unlucky, but in the end he simply wasn't good enough to start.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Come on guys put yourself in Brady's shoes. If someone at your work, who you thought was less talented, got the promotion over you and you wouldn't react the same way? This is human nature plan and simple. I have no problem with his comments. He is just venting, to the wrong people probably. But none the less nothing is wrong with it.

#87Birdman
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Now I do not support the platform he chose to speak on or the remarks about him being #2 then all of a sudden Tebow was playing because it just sounds like whining. However, Quinn is not far off in his assessment of the Broncos season and Tebow's play in general. The Broncos did have an awful lot of luck during their winning streak, i.e. Barber going out of bounds, Sanchez finding Andre Goodman wide open for a pick six, SD missing 2 FGs, Ponder again finding Andre Goodman wide open for a pick, all of these were crucial in the Broncos winning the division this year. And they all seemed to happen when all hope was lost in those games so yes it can seem like luck was with us in 2011.

I love how all those are luck, because you know saying they are luck and not great plays by other players is so hard. Barber going out of bounds so he was fighting for extra yards to get a first and I don't remember who made him pay by hitting him out of bounds. But were the bears lucky DT let a pass go through his hands???

Sanchez throwing to andre goodman, was that not a great jump by goodman, if it was just lucky that Sanchez threw a pass to goodman than the jets were equally lucky goodman let Plexico abuse him on that drive that lead to their score.

SD kicker missing 2 FG, because you know every kicker in the NFL is a perfect kicker any miss is considered lucky.. Really??

And the Ponder pick, so if that was lucky than our great D letting them get that many yards through the air and on the ground was lucky to, and that safety was lucky because the punter's ball didn't go into the endzone.

As you can see "luck" is in everygame going both ways, it is what you do when you get the bounce to go your way. Do you capitalize or do you waste it. This luck speak is rediculous because every team gets bounces.

orangecrushtime
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
What I see is a distraught quarterback who is upset with his nfl career. I feel bad for the guy but sitting around pointing fingers isn't going to save his career. Luck is a word that losers like to use

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Come on guys put yourself in Brady's shoes. If someone at your work, who you thought was less talented, got the promotion over you and you wouldn't react the same way? This is human nature plan and simple. I have no problem with his comments. He is just venting, to the wrong people probably. But none the less nothing is wrong with it.

Actually, having been in that position, I just did my best to prove to the decision makers that I would be the right guy.

Then the next time the opportunity came up, I got it. I worked hard to correct the things that kept me from getting the position, and showed why I deserved it. If I had whined about how they made a bad decision, how I was more deserving, etc etc etc I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity once it became available.

And I still don't really understand the difference between "luck" and "making a play". At the end of 60 (or almost 75 in some cases) our team made more plays than their team did, as reflected on the scoreboard.

calabose
02-21-2012, 10:16 AM

WHAT SHE SAID.......!:peace:

Denver Mike
02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
What I see is a distraught quarterback who is upset with his nfl career. I feel bad for the guy but sitting around pointing fingers isn't going to save his career. Luck is a word that losers like to use

So... The Colts? :D

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Actually, having been in that position, I just did my best to prove to the decision makers that I would be the right guy.

Then the next time the opportunity came up, I got it. I worked hard to correct the things that kept me from getting the position, and showed why I deserved it. If I had whined about how they made a bad decision, how I was more deserving, etc etc etc I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity once it became available.

And I still don't really understand the difference between "luck" and "making a play". At the end of 60 (or almost 75 in some cases) our team made more plays than their team did, as reflected on the scoreboard.

So your saying Brady Quinn didn't work hard? He just quit when Tebow got the gig? I think not. And I'm talking about when you leave a company. You didn't see Brady say those things when he was still on the team. When someone leaves a company and had a bad experience people don't give them glowing reviews. If there is any animosity when you feel you weren't treated the same or fairly, your going to not recommend it to others.

And of course we were lucky. Luck is apart of the game. Barber falling out of bounds? Barber fumbling the ball? Novak missing multiple field goals? How about week 17? Those plays we're lucky, but we were good enough to capitalize on the luck we had.

Eddiemac730
02-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Brady Quinn's sister is hot... :coffee:

#87Birdman
02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
So your saying Brady Quinn didn't work hard? He just quit when Tebow got the gig? I think not. And I'm talking about when you leave a company. You didn't see Brady say those things when he was still on the team. When someone leaves a company and had a bad experience people don't give them glowing reviews. If there is any animosity when you feel you weren't treated the same or fairly, your going to not recommend it to others.

And of course we for lucky. Luck is apart of the game. Barber falling out of bounds? Barber fumbling the ball? Novak missing multiple field goals? Those plays we're lucky, but we were good enough to capitalize on the luck we had.

Never understood this one because from what I remember Woodyard made a great play and got his hand on Barber's hand and ripped it off of the ball. But like I said the bears had lucky plays and the Chargers had lucky plays also, so luck is a moot point.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM

And of course we were lucky. Luck is apart of the game. Barber falling out of bounds? Barber fumbling the ball? Novak missing multiple field goals? How about week 17? Those plays we're lucky, but we were good enough to capitalize on the luck we had.

False. Would you really leave a company and whine to future employers about how you didn't get your shot and got screwed over? It comes across as childish.

That's essentially what BQ. He whined to the media which future teams will see. You don't whine when you don't get your way, especially when you're looking for a job

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Never understood this one because from what I remember Woodyard made a great play and got his hand on Barber's hand and ripped it off of the ball. But like I said the bears had lucky plays and the Chargers had lucky plays also, so luck is a moot point.

Woodard made a play no doubt, but then again 9 times out of 10 that wouldn't be a strong enough bunch to knock that ball lose. He was fully extended. And of course both sides get lucky, we were good enough to capitalize when we got our lucky plays. In that same charger game when fells fumbled and it looked like it was an easy recovery for the chargers. A few lucky bounces back downfield and a hustling Franklin an we get a TD the next play. I don't consider saying a team got lucky plays as a put down. Because its how you capitalize on the lucky plays that every teams gets. We were just a bit better than most about get timely plays.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 10:29 AM

And of course we for lucky. Luck is apart of the game. Barber falling out of bounds? Barber fumbling the ball? Novak missing multiple field goals? Those plays we're lucky, but we were good enough to capitalize on the luck we had.

The problem is, at the end of the day, the person still comes off sounding like a whiny little B**** and people will remember that.

It's one thing if Quinn just wanted to take issue with how he was supposedly jumped over by Tebow, that he should have been the one to replace Orton. That would have been fine.

Where he crossed the line was in attacking the guy who was put in, in this case, Tebow.

As for the luck, as has been noted, Barber was KNOCKED out of bounds, it was a good play. He was also STRIPPED of the ball, another good play. SD's last field goal was from 4-5 yards further back than their kicker's comfort zone, due to a great play from Von iirc (SD ran the ball and the runner got dropped for a 4 yard loss).

If you are going to go down that road, then you'd have to say that every TD scored in the NFL and every team's wins were because of "luck".

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't consider saying a team got lucky plays as a put down. Because its how you capitalize on the lucky plays that every teams gets. We were just a bit better than most about get timely plays.

Of course saying "it was because of luck" is a put down. It's saying that effort and talent didn't lead to the win, but rather blind luck did.

orangecrushtime
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling if Brady Quinn somehow gets resigned in Denver Von Miller would 'accidentally' sack him in training campc

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
False. Would you really leave a company and whine to future employers about how you didn't get your shot and got screwed over? It comes across as childish.

That's essentially what BQ. He whined to the media which future teams will see. You don't whine when you don't get your way, especially when you're looking for a job

Please, its human nature. Plus he didn't "whine" (if that's what you really want to call it) until he left the organization. And sure people do that, but they spin it into a positive tone when interviewing at future employers. As fox would say its not rocket science.

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Finding 100 dollar bill on the ground is lucky. Players using their skills to create opportunities to win the game is their job. We shouldn't take that away from our guys.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Please, its human nature. Plus he didn't "whine" (if that's what you really want to call it) until he left the organization. And sure people do that, but they spin it into a positive tone when interviewing at future employers. As fox would say its not rocket science.

Leave a company and bash the old company and coworkers in your next job interview. Let me know how that goes. Oh yeah, mention how one of your coworkers prays the incorrect way.

Private venting is human nature, venting to a large audience over your past employer is childish. I don't care that BQ said this, cause he wont be on our team. I just think it was dumb to broadcast it, no matter how you spin it it comes off as having sour grapes

153fishes
02-21-2012, 10:36 AM

I like Tebow but I agree with you. BQ is clearly frustrated and venting. But I wonder if he realize the repercussions of his comments before he made them. He basically gave the press what they're hungry for. Oh well, at least the board is interesting again. :thumb:

And regarding "tebowing", Tim's been doing that forever, since his Nease days I believe.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Leave a company and bash the old company and coworkers in your next job interview. Let me know how that goes. Oh yeah, mention how one of your coworkers prays the incorrect way.

Private venting is human nature, venting to a large audience over your past employer is childish. I don't care that BQ said this, cause he wont be on our team. I just think it was dumb to broadcast it, no matter how you spin it it comes off as having sour grapes

I never said bashing, I said people put positive spins on it. It happens all the time.

And we don't have word for word questions on the interview. So when articles like this pop up, we need to be careful and realize that we are probably getting a quote or 2 out of context.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Of course saying "it was because of luck" is a put down. It's saying that effort and talent didn't lead to the win, but rather blind luck did.

Maybe to you, but I don't. I'll take a lucky play any day of the week. And again as I have said, well not really said but implied, their skill put them in the situation to get a lucky play or bounce.

JerryD3430
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I love how all those are luck, because you know saying they are luck and not great plays by other players is so hard. Barber going out of bounds so he was fighting for extra yards to get a first and I don't remember who made him pay by hitting him out of bounds. But were the bears lucky DT let a pass go through his hands???

Sanchez throwing to andre goodman, was that not a great jump by goodman, if it was just lucky that Sanchez threw a pass to goodman than the jets were equally lucky goodman let Plexico abuse him on that drive that lead to their score.

SD kicker missing 2 FG, because you know every kicker in the NFL is a perfect kicker any miss is considered lucky.. Really??

And the Ponder pick, so if that was lucky than our great D letting them get that many yards through the air and on the ground was lucky to, and that safety was lucky because the punter's ball didn't go into the endzone.

As you can see "luck" is in everygame going both ways, it is what you do when you get the bounce to go your way. Do you capitalize or do you waste it. This luck speak is rediculous because every team gets bounces.

Well I am glad you see the glass as half full and keep your blinders on. The Barber play was very lucky because at any point he could have just fallen down and we are very lucky Raheem Moore is a horrible tackler because the only reason Barber got close to the sideline is because Moore whiffed big time.

As far as a kicker missing a FG not being considered lucky is absurd. In today's NFL if the kick is inside of 60 yards it is considered fortunate/lucky if the kicker doesn't make it. These kickers are extremely good now of days and are going to make most of their kicks or they won't have jobs. So you cannot tell me both times Novak lined up you weren't praying for him to just miss it, which is acknowledging that he has a better chance of making the kick the missing it.

Finally, in regards to the INTs by Sanchez and Ponder yes those are luck. There is a lot of chance and variables involved in throwing those INTs and we were fortunate that they all broke our way on those plays. So sitting here and not acknowledging that luck didn't play a huge part in our season is absurd. Why is it so hard to admit that we had some good luck this year. It doesn't diminish our division championship at all because every time needs luck to win in this league.

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I never said bashing, I said people put positive spins on it. It happens all the time.

And we don't have word for word questions on the interview. So when articles like this pop up, we need to be careful and realize that we are probably getting a quote or 2 out of context.

At the very least it was incredibly naive of Quinn to grant the interview. While I agree that it's human nature to be jealous, it's really stupid to say this stuff on the record. Especially considering most people have just as many doubts about him being a viable QB in the NFL. It's always a bad idea to talk bad about fellow NFL players, but it's downright idiotic to do it about Tebow who is so heavily publicized. It makes Quinn look bad. IMO

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
At the very least it was incredibly naive of Quinn to grant the interview. While I agree that it's human nature to be jealous, it's really stupid to say this stuff on the record. Especially considering most people have just as many doubts about him being a viable QB in the NFL. It's always a bad idea to talk bad about fellow NFL players, but it's downright idiotic to do it about Tebow who is so heavily publicized. It makes Quinn look bad. IMO

I never said it was smart on Brady's part. But then again when have you ever heard of Quinn being a problem on a team? Never, it won't deter teams from signing him. His play in Cleveland will do that for him.

BroncoFanNC
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
So, by saying they are bringing in competition at QB, they must mean clear cut career backups, because as it looks now, Tebowmania alienates anyone who thinks they can start.

I just couldn't see guys like Vince Young, or Garrard saying much different things if they came here.

JerryD3430
02-21-2012, 10:56 AM
You know if John Elway can have competition in the form of a 1st round draft pick (Tommy Maddox) brought in on him then Tim Tebow can absolutely have competition brought in on him.

#87Birdman
02-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Well I am glad you see the glass as half full and keep your blinders on. The Barber play was very lucky because at any point he could have just fallen down and we are very lucky Raheem Moore is a horrible tackler because the only reason Barber got close to the sideline is because Moore whiffed big time.

As far as a kicker missing a FG not being considered lucky is absurd. In today's NFL if the kick is inside of 60 yards it is considered fortunate/lucky if the kicker doesn't make it. These kickers are extremely good now of days and are going to make most of their kicks or they won't have jobs. So you cannot tell me both times Novak lined up you weren't praying for him to just miss it, which is acknowledging that he has a better chance of making the kick the missing it.

Finally, in regards to the INTs by Sanchez and Ponder yes those are luck. There is a lot of chance and variables involved in throwing those INTs and we were fortunate that they all broke our way on those plays. So sitting here and not acknowledging that luck didn't play a huge part in our season is absurd. Why is it so hard to admit that we had some good luck this year. It doesn't diminish our division championship at all because every time needs luck to win in this league.

I'm not saying luck didn't play a part I'm just saying luck happens every where for every team. The bears were lucky DT couldnt catch a wide open pass that went through his hands. The jets were lucky goodman let Plex torch him down the field (which set up the pick). Ponder was lucky we didn't show up on D that day, and their TE made that great catch over harris. So according to how it looks like luck is for you it happens so often it is a moot point to use. That is all I am saying.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 11:00 AM

Yup.

I might mention it to some close friends, but I'm not going to loudly proclaim it to potential employers. Who wants to hire a malcontent?

broncojuan
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with anything Quinn said. In fact I agree with almost everything he said. The truth is I didn’t see anything tangible that makes me think this team was any better than the team that started the 2009 season 6-0, and I never thought that was anything more luck either.

I also have no problem with him calling Tebow out for his touchdown dance. I just don’t see how what he does is any different than what knuckleheads like Chad Johnson do.

the0rangecrush
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Tebow is the biggest troll in the NFL look how mad he makes everyone

elecshoc
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Meh, nothing new here about the team. Every team needs a little luch every now and then.

Quinn is most likely an ex Bronco anyhow.

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
You know if John Elway can have competition in the form of a 1st round draft pick (Tommy Maddox) brought in on him then Tim Tebow can absolutely have competition brought in on him.

Good point. I was watching, "A Football Life", about Kurt Warner and Mike Martz was saying he was especially hard on Warner to see if Kurt could handle the pressure. He'd make comments that if the starting QB went down they would be screwed, right in front of Kurt. Sounds familiar doesn't it. It's just a only the strong shall survive mentality, and great competitors thrive in those conditions. IMO

Mantheyman
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM

Great point! Just like how GB drafted Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn the off-season before Rodgers was supposed to take over for Favre as the starter.

fightinglee
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM

Right on! I have been in the same situation too and I did not go to the newspapers to vent about why I didnt get what I thought I deserved. No, i talked to my boss directly about what I do at work, how i perform in comparison to the other individual. In the end, they agreed and I got a pretty nice incentive to stay.

Brady should be talking to his coaches about why he didnt succeed with the Browns and why he hasnt been able to outplay Kyle Orton or get the start. He should be mad at himself for being a bust out of college or mad at his coaches if he thinks he is being unfairly dealt with, but not the guy that led the team to the playoffs. I wanted Quinn to be better. Its not Tebows fault he hasnt been successful since college. "I want a billboard!" come on Quinn. Grow up.

DenBroFan22
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Who would actually take time to interview Brady Quinn? :coffee:

#Broncosfan
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Someone who wants to ask about Tebow, of course.

fightinglee
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Or someone compiling a list of 1st round QB busts out of college.

Jay3
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Tebow is the biggest troll in the NFL look how mad he makes everyone

Ahhh, another offseason with the Broncos. Thanks, Michael Sliver and Brady Quinn! :thumb:

JerryD3430
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm not saying luck didn't play a part I'm just saying luck happens every where for every team. The bears were lucky DT couldnt catch a wide open pass that went through his hands. The jets were lucky goodman let Plex torch him down the field (which set up the pick). Ponder was lucky we didn't show up on D that day, and their TE made that great catch over harris. So according to how it looks like luck is for you it happens so often it is a moot point to use. That is all I am saying.

I totally agree that luck happens often in the NFL. I mean you can honestly say it is one of the biggest determining factors in deciding games in the NFL. These teams are only separated by the thinnest of margins anyway that luck is usually what tips the scale. Which direction does the ball bounce, which team is healthier, which team plays better in the weather conditions, which team has someone on a hot/cold streak. I mean if the NFL was such an exact science and luck wasn't involved then it wouldn't be gambling it would just be called winning on NFL games.

What I was stating was that Quinn was correct in saying we did get lucky during the season because we obviously did. I didn't say other teams didn't get lucky too. I mean the Super Bowl Champion Giants sure as heck had luck on their side too. The fact is if you are going to make it to the playoffs you probably have had luck on your side more often then other teams.

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Brady just wishes he could have some of Tebows "luck". Sounds like a career bust to me, and another failed experiment by Mcd.

CoryWinget81
02-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Is it just me or does every teammate QB Tebow ever has alienate himself from the guy?

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Brady just wishes he could have some of Tebows "luck". Sounds like a career bust to me, and another failed experiment by Mcd.

It's a failed experiment I guess. But only because we didn't use him. Word is he looked great in TC. We'll see how it goes for him. But I don't think he's a bust yet.

JerryD3430
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Ahhh, another offseason with the Broncos. Thanks, Michael Sliver and Brady Quinn! :thumb:

Very true! how does this scum bag keep coming up with these stories!?! I mean did Tebow stand him up on a date or something because he has a sick obsession with trying to trash Tebow. I am still waiting to see that depth chart with Adam Weber in front of Tebow, oh that's right it never came out and Weber was in street clothes all season.

Start the fire Michael Sliver petition to send to Yahoo now!

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I dont think so. His college teammates are still faithful to him and Von and Champ seem to like him just fine. There are a lot of guys from other teams that seem to hae a problem with him but other than Orton I can think of any other Broncos til now

ORTON lol. why do you say that?

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Can we all agree that:

Ehhh...we need to fix that.

1. Quinn knows more about playing football poorly than anyone on the board
2. Brady Quinn has won 3 more games in the NFL than any one of us who hasn't played in the NFL.
3. Quinn actually was ON THE BENCH watching the games unfold.
4. Quinn has the right to have an opinion and express it.
5. We have the right to have an opinion of what Brady Quinn expressed and dump all over it. ;)

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM

I know, he (Michael Silver) seems to have a knack for finding the malcontents (Lloyd "Allegedly" and now Quinn).

Most of the guys that have played with him seem to really like him. Look at Percy Harvin for example, he was complimentary. Bailey, Miller, Dawkins, they've all gone out of their way to compliment him. The "me first" guys (who I'd never really put Quinn in that group, but definately would put Lloyd) don't seem to like him, but that could be because Tebow cares more about wins than stats.

I will say that the fact that Orton doesn't like him makes him golden in my book!

Freyaka
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I dont think so. His college teammates are still faithful to him and Von and Champ seem to like him just fine. There are a lot of guys from other teams that seem to hae a problem with him but other than Orton I can think of any other Broncos til now

I think Cory was talking about QB's not teamates in general, most QB's who have been on the same team do have a history of distancing themselves (Scam Newton, Kyle Orton now Brady Quinn)

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Ehhh...we need to fix that.

1. Quinn knows more about playing football poorly than anyone on the board
2. Brady Quinn has won 3 more games in the NFL than any one of us who hasn't played in the NFL.
3. Quinn actually was ON THE BENCH watching the games unfold.
4. Quinn has the right to have an opinion and express it.
5. We have the right to have an opinion of what Brady Quinn expressed and dump all over it. ;)

1. He's also better than everyone on the board.... so your statement sucks.
2. That's 3 more than you'll ever have the chance at.
3. He was standing most of the time.
4. Yes
5. I have the right to dump on your opinion of Brady Quinn.

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I dont think it was any secret they didnt get along and I cant really fault Orton given he was in a bad situation, He did however have enough class not to air any dirty laundry while he was here or after he left

You don't think it's a secret? How can something that can't be proved be a secret?

People assume a lot of things.

CoryWinget81
02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I dont think it was any secret they didnt get along and I cant really fault Orton given he was in a bad situation, He did however have enough class not to air any dirty laundry while he was here or after he left

The last two QB's that Tebow's played with have alienated themselves from him, and you can tell they don't like him.

Probably has a lot to do with how competitive Tebow is, and I'm sure he viewed the other QB's he had to fight for the position with as the enemy. In a sports setting that stuff really comes to a head.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe to you, but I don't. I'll take a lucky play any day of the week. And again as I have said, well not really said but implied, their skill put them in the situation to get a lucky play or bounce.

What you said about "luck" really doesn't apply as we are talking about Brady Quinn's comments. To say that those games were won because of "luck" is to take away from the team's effort and accomplishments.

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/twocents/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.twocents/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/47609.6a00d83451b05569e2013484bafbc6970c-300wi.jpg
What happened to the good times?

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Hmm who broke the image tag?

Also

@VicLombardi Close
I've now read this article twice. Nothing new here. @BQ9 says nothing we haven't heard before. Must be February.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
What you said about "luck" really doesn't apply as we are talking about Brady Quinn's comments. To say that those games were won because of "luck" is to take away from the team's effort and accomplishments.

I don't think he using luck to discredit what we did. And even if he did who cares? He won't be a bronco anymore. Not sure why this message board thinks it has to back Tebow of every ill word of him. I garauntee you he doesn't care. I remember these boards when there were people criticizing cutler for trying to be above scrutiny and the organization during the McD saga. But now for some reason Tebow does get that pass. It's mind boggling.

There is nothing wrong with what Quinn said.

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
1. He's also better than everyone on the board.... so your statement sucks.
2. That's 3 more than you'll ever have the chance at.
3. He was standing most of the time.
4. Yes
5. I have the right to dump on your opinion of Brady Quinn.

1. I don't know who is on the board and who isn't. There could be better QBs on this message board for all I know. So you can say that, but you can't intelligently say that.
2. You never know. Maybe I'll run into a wide receiver and his coach and they'll ask me to throw passes, and then when they see my laser-rocket arm, they'll invite me to camp. Since you don't know me or anything about me, you can't intelligently say that either.
3. You may have me there. So, do you watch Brady Quinn instead of the games? That's why I say you may have me there. I'm too busy watching the game to know what Brady Quinn is doing.
4. Yes.
5. Sure you do. And you also have the right to have uninformed and unintelligent opinions which you seem to have exercised greatly in your above post.

Good day, sir. :coffee:

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
1. I don't know who is on the board and who isn't. There could be better QBs on this message board for all I know. So you can say that, but you can't intelligently say that.
2. You never know. Maybe I'll run into a wide receiver and his coach and they'll ask me to throw passes, and then when they see my laser-rocket arm, they'll invite me to camp. Since you don't know me or anything about me, you can't intelligently say that either.
3. You may have me there. So, do you watch Brady Quinn instead of the games? That's why I say you may have me there. I'm too busy watching the game to know what Brady Quinn is doing.
4. Yes.
5. Sure you do. And you also have the right to have uninformed and unintelligent opinions which you seem to have exercised greatly in this post.

Good day, sir. :coffee:
5. So you agree that you really know nothing.

jetdrumz
02-21-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/twocents/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.twocents/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/47609.6a00d83451b05569e2013484bafbc6970c-300wi.jpg
What happened to the good times?

Clearly Tim is bullying Brady.

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
5. So you agree that you really know nothing.

1. Off topic :off-topic:
2. Check the edit. Which was apparently put in before your post. So I could just say that I don't understand what you mean...

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
1. Off topic :off-topic:
2. Check the edit.

You're :off-topic: Your whole life is :off-topic:

Check that edit.

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 12:29 PM
perhaps that is true. The QBs he played with in college (even scam) havent had anything bad to say so maybe it is a competetive issue.

Brady's got legitimate beef, but it's not with Tebow. That's the problem I have here. Tebow didn't put himself in. The coaches put Tebow in. So, it makes me wonder if Quinn is projecting his feelings about the situation onto Tebow.

I wonder if the whole time Brady Quinn was sitting (or standing) on the sidelines saying "This is my play-off run!" :mad:

After this article, I think it's safe to say Quinn is out of Denver.

Pruke
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
LOL@BQ

Pathetic Passive Aggressive Irish - tough to call him 'fighting'

Remedy
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh boy... here we go again....

EddieMac
02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Looks like the little bickerfest here has slowed down, and we are back on topic. Excellent.

Jay3
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Statline when Brady Quinn got the "start" in preseason against the Cardinals:

4-12, 26 yards passing, one interception. QB Rating of 7.6. Broncos down 20-0.

Tebow in second half: 7-11 for 116 yards and a touchdown.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't think he using luck to discredit what we did. And even if he did who cares? He won't be a bronco anymore. Not sure why this message board thinks it has to back Tebow of every ill word of him. I garauntee you he doesn't care. I remember these boards when there were people criticizing cutler for trying to be above scrutiny and the organization during the McD saga. But now for some reason Tebow does get that pass. It's mind boggling.

There is nothing wrong with what Quinn said.

Oh, let me guess, this thread was started just because someone was so interested in what Quinn had to say about his time with the Broncos, right ? Had nothing to do with him making disparaging comments ? I mean, it's not like those comments were the ones that were highlighted and quoted in the OP, right ??

Of course Quinn was discrediting the wins with his comments about luck to say otherwise is to have one's head buried up their rear end.

jgod654
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I like the luck part.

I think we can all agree that luck is NOT:

- Great defence
- Executing well in crunch time
- relevant when the Broncos lost anyway

If that is true, then lets look at Tebows victories:

1. Win over Miami: Ill chalk this one up to luck purely because of the onside kick. The rest of those magic 5 minutes was just great execution. Inexplicable that Tebow suddenly played well, after having played so bad? Sure.

2. Win over Oakland: Great game. Great defence. Nothing lucky about this one.

3. Win over KC: Great running game, a great defence, and a great long bomb to Decker won this one. Again nothing lucky about it.

4. Win over Jets: Tebow shows up in the end and executes flawlessly on the last series to win the game. I fail to see the luck part.

5. Defence and Praters incredible clutchness won this one. Its not luck when he does it consistently from that range in my book.

6. Win over Minnesota. Probably Tebow best game of the year. He executed really well here. Fail to see the luck.

7. Win over Chicago: Now THIS was plain luck. Barber stepping out of bounds and then fumbling was unreal.

8. Win over Steelers: Tebow keeps punishing the Steelers deep, and we win the game. Great game by him. Not luck.

Two lucky wins out of eight? Is that really so abnormal?

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Plenty of rookies haven't had winning success their first year, this season was Tebow's second. Try again.

Tebow played 3 games his rookie year, had no offseason and was made starting QB 5 weeks into the season and still made the playoffs and won a playoff game. Try again.

Sync
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Of course he's bitter. I would be too, if I sucked at my job.

Beckles19
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
So Miller attributes the success to the resilience of the team and Quinn to luck. I think in his attempt to throw Tebow under the bus he just pitched the whole team under the bus.

This. If he's saying the team only won because they got lucky...I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if I were one of his teammates.

jgod654
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Of course he's bitter. I would be too, if I sucked at my job.

Haha! yeah.

I should try this at work.

"That great jobyou did, that got you promoted...that was....LUCK! I should have had that job! Because i'm....eh...less lucky?...wait....eh..."

Beckles19
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Same here. He always seemed so supportive of Tebow on the sidelines, too. And the camera thing is just ridiculous, if you ask me...the cameras are the ones finding HIM.

Blackanblue
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Tebow played 3 games his rookie year, had no offseason and was made starting QB 5 weeks into the season and still made the playoffs and won a playoff game. Try again.

Tebow still had more experience and Cam did put up really good numbers, too bad he didn't have a defense ya know.

jgod654
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I actually heard about a boss once (real story) who got a truck load of applications for an open position. He the threw all the application in the air, and then only read the ones that landed face up.

Because he didn't like the "unlucky ones"

:-)

Nimrod
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Scam isnt a Bronco so I doubt many here care

They will care in Carolina when laptops start coming up missing.

:P

jetdrumz
02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi
Brady Quinn is not some spiteful, bitter, back-stabbing jerk. He's one of the classiest athletes I've ever met. So is Tim Tebow. #nonstory

the0rangecrush
02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Tebow still had more experience and Cam did put up really good numbers, too bad he didn't have a defense ya know.

Oh poor cam had all those offensive weapons, but didn't have the 20th ranked defense for shame

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi Close
I've had multiple - multiple - conversations with Quinn. Not once did he take a swipe at Tebow. Not even off the record. Nothing.

Brady Quinn is not some spiteful, bitter, back-stabbing jerk. He's one of the classiest athletes I've ever met. So is Tim Tebow. #nonstory

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi Close
If you're going to use old quotes, I want to see the specific dates those quotes were taken. Time and place changes everything. #nonstory

Quit hating on BQ9

LSIGRAD09
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Seems like some parting shots, to be honest. He knows he probably won't be here next year, why not?

I'll have more to say later,
but for now, I don't think Tebow purposely gets in front of the camera. I think it is the other way around, lol.

Lovely thing the media can be.

Peanut
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Looks like the little bickerfest here has slowed down, and we are back on topic. Excellent.

The above is a subtle warning.

I'm not so subtle.

Knock it off.

Stop with the personal stuff.

Sync
02-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Quit hating on BQ9

But it's so easy... And we've got nothing else to do until there's some real news to talk about.

:sad:

Nimrod
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
This is my last comment on Cam because it is off topic - but I was very impressed with what he was able to do this year. Other comments were in jest.

shawinkerpoppin
02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
it was only a matter time before he said it. i think he actually held back to some degree how he actually felt.

Tron4JC
Cam also had established veteran pro bowler type weapons around him. All the guys around Tebow got talent but also as green or more than their qb.

12and4

like when we went 6-0?

Jay3
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
7. Win over Chicago: Now THIS was plain luck. Barber stepping out of bounds and then fumbling was unreal.

The thing is, winning involved a lot of luck, but if the point is to evaluate Tebow (as isolated from the rest of the team) he finished by torching them on an 18-24 completion tear. And you know every single moment of it, Chicago's defense was thinking "NO! Not us." You know the defense was giving every extra little bit it had, and Tebow went 18-24 to finish out the game. Sure he started ice cold, but he finished red hot. That part's not luck -- why isn't that the story?

jcdavey
02-21-2012, 01:08 PM
football is a ton of luck

if the ball rolls down phillips back in the sb, gronk catches it and NE wins via luck

if welker doesn't drop a pass right in his hands, that he's caught a million times before, the giants don't get 'lucky'

w/l is often luck + putting yourself in position aka not getting blown out

Jay3
02-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again -- I don't like the Olympic sports where the athlete performs, and the judges hold up a score card rating the performance.

I like football, because there is a clock, and there is a score board. And at the end of the game, you don't have to wonder who did better. There's a winner. And there's a loser.

I enjoyed Tebow and the whole team's performance this year, because they played for all 60+ minutes, never gave up, and came out on top more times than not.

Why would we even be football fans if we wanted to look at wins and say "yeah, but . . . . " It makes it MORE fun, not less, to think that you had some struggles and still won. It gives MORE hope for the future, not less, when you have some rough spots and STILL win. Because it gives you a belief that if you can improve those rough spots, you could win even more.

TheThreeAmigos
02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
I think Cory was talking about QB's not teamates in general, most QB's who have been on the same team do have a history of distancing themselves (Scam Newton, Kyle Orton now Brady Quinn)

That would be accurate unless you throw Chris Leak in there.....he and Tebow were and are very close to this day.

So aside from guys who lost their jobs to Tebow...........

Sync
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Pretty much, something you can attribute to blind luck will happen in every football game every Sunday.
You have to make sure your team is in position to win despite it or because of it. That's football.

shawinkerpoppin
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
and i wouldnt say so much luck but i like to say the broncos faced a seris of fortunate events that made the team appear alot better than it actually was. like playing teams with key starters injured. cutler and forte in chicago would have ripped us a new one no doubt. AP with the vikings would have changed that game. DMC and campbell being hurt when we played oakland the second time was big. i know alot of chargers players were hurt when we played. the chiefs had a bunch of key players missing even though they somehow managed to beat us. just look at the point differential. when we played teams with there starters healthy we got BLOWN OUT!!!!!. plus going on a 3 game losing streak and making the playoffs with an 8-8 record is probably the biggest of all year. i wont call it luck and take away from the effort the players put forth. but i will say you would have to be a fool to deny all the breaks this team cuaght all season long.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
and i wouldnt say so much luck but i like to say the broncos faced a seris of fortunate events that made the team appear alot better than it actually was. like playing teams with key starters injured. cutler and forte in chicago would have ripped us a new one no doubt. AP with the vikings would have changed that game. DMC and campbell being hurt when we played oakland the second time was big. i know alot of chargers players were hurt when we played. the chiefs had a bunch of key players missing even though they somehow managed to beat us. just look at the point differential. when we played teams with there starters healthy we got BLOWN OUT!!!!!. plus going on a 3 game losing streak and making the playoffs with an 8-8 record is probably the biggest of all year. i wont call it luck and take away from the effort the players put forth. but i will say you would have to be a fool to deny all the breaks this team cuaght all season long.

Hmmm, Moreno - out for the season. Lloyd - traded, Kuper - out with an injury, Decker - out with an injury, McGahee - in and out with injuries (and old :) ), Dawkins - out with an injury, Thomas - returning from an injury and took awhile to get into playing shape.

See, you can play those games all day with any team.

Tron4JC
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
The Broncos got a lot of unlucky breaks before getting a bit lucky against the Bears. Dropped potential TD pass. Missed field goal. Otherwise it could have been the Bears playing behind at least two scores.

Louich
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
I'll start by saying there is a difference between luck and grabing an opportunity born out of an error/mistake...

Most of what is defined as 'luck' by BQ or other posters can mostly be included in the opportunity off a mistake folder...

Football is a game of feild position and errors.

Teams play the game to win (suprise) not wait until they get lucky. They play each snap on the offense to actually complete the scheme as planned so they can continue to go foward or score. The defense on the other hand plays the snap to utimately block the offense.
Now blocking an offense is made out of differrent situations:
-3 and out
-Turnovers by the defense (interception, forced fumble, etc)
-and mistakes mabe by a player on the offense (throwing into coverage, not protecting the ball, etc)

While there could be an argument made about being lucky most of the time luck level itself out during the game and is practicly a none factor to a certain point.

To add to that what is luck actually? Some way of saying at that peticular moment I got the best outcome possible? If so that is also the output given when an opportunity has been realised...food for tought

msusc
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Brady Quinn: No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

:coffee: Well Brady, if you want billboards dedicated to you, you better focus on a future in modeling, because your football skills sure aren't going to get you any.

TheThreeAmigos
02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
i think he actually held back to some degree how he actually felt.

Of course you do, dear. You are really disappointed that he didn't have more to say to add fuel to your fire.

Of course, we are talking about Brady Quinn here......he is the opposite of Tim Tebow. He was pushed up the draft boards by the same guys who condemned Tebow. He was drafted foolishly in the first round after a disappointing college career that contained every evidence of being a bust. Then his HOMETOWN team took the bait and even they couldn't stomach his play.

Scorched earth anyone?

shawinkerpoppin
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, Moreno - out for the season. Lloyd - traded, Kuper - out with an injury, Decker - out with an injury, McGahee - in and out with injuries (and old :) ), Dawkins - out with an injury, Thomas - returning from an injury and took awhile to get into playing shape.

See, you can play those games all day with any team.

you can but at the same time your denying the amount of breaks this team caught. Proof is in the puddin as they say.

Oilersfan34
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
You don't see the panthers with a winning record either...

pedantic moment... neither did the broncos.

Freyaka
02-21-2012, 01:40 PM
The whole article reminds me of the fake video of Orton saying goodbye to Denver expecially the part where he's crying like a little girl that he didn't get billboards reminds me of the part of the Orton video "I'm a QB too dad......"

shawinkerpoppin
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Of course you do, dear. You are really disappointed that he didn't have more to say to add fuel to your fire.

Of course, we are talking about Brady Quinn here......he is the opposite of Tim Tebow. He was pushed up the draft boards by the same guys who condemned Tebow. He was drafted foolishly in the first round after a disappointing college career that contained every evidence of being a bust. Then his HOMETOWN team took the bait and even they couldn't stomach his play.

Scorched earth anyone?

Um no. I said I think he held back how he felt to some degree. Doesn't mean Im disappointed or happy i just expected him at some point or time to have a negative opinion of the situation. Lol some people are funny.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh, let me guess, this thread was started just because someone was so interested in what Quinn had to say about his time with the Broncos, right ? Had nothing to do with him making disparaging comments ? I mean, it's not like those comments were the ones that were highlighted and quoted in the OP, right ??

Of course Quinn was discrediting the wins with his comments about luck to say otherwise is to have one's head buried up their rear end.

No he wasnt. Any player on any team will admit to a lucky game or play. That doesn't mean they didn't like that win or think they didn't deserve it. Anyone that has played any sort of competitive sports, which I'm sure you have, would agree to.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Brady responds:

The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos. Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate. That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our Team's or Tim's success this season.

I believe that's all he's writing. Was updating post as he tweeted.

http://twitter.com/#!/bq9

Remedy
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Brady Quinn @BQ9 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos. Tim deserves a

lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate. That interview was

conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment

with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our

Team's or Tim's success this season.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos. Tim deserves a

lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate. That interview was

conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment

Cue the, well that's not what he really meant, and he is just covering is back and all that nonsense.

Anyone who thinks Brady isnt a hard working classy guy, then I don't think they pay attention to anything but Tebow.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
you can but at the same time your denying the amount of breaks this team caught. Proof is in the puddin as they say.

Wrong, I readily admit that the team had some breaks. The thing is, many of those breaks came about BECAUSE OF EFFORT by members of the team.

Barber didn't just head over to the sideline and step out. He was KNOCKED OUT of bounds. Boneheaded for him to even get near the sideline ?> Sure. But it still took a play by the D to drive him out of bounds.

On the fumble, was Barber running down the field and the ball just slipped out of his hands ?? Nope. A Denver player reached in and got a hand on the ball. Funny, they teach that on defense, don't they ? You know, STRIPPING THE BALL ??

Or how about the Jet's game ? Denver got "lucky" that the Jets sent an all out blitz and the safety got in too tight ? Did Denver get lucky on every other play of that 95 yard drive? And why was it "luck" that Tebow recognized the blitz, beat the safety to the corner and then outran everyone to the endzone ?

In the SDd game, was it "luck" that the D tackled the RB for a 4 yard loss when SD was trying to set up for a FG ? Or was that just a damned good play on the part of the D ?

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Cue the, well that's not what he really meant, and he is just covering is back and all that nonsense.

Anyone who thinks Brady isnt a hard working classy guy, then I don't think they pay attention to anything but Tebow.

I had a feeling that some of what he said was taken out of context, seems like something Mike Silver would do. Then again, you have to go off what he said that was printed. We don't have the full context or quotes. Glad Brady said something, if he didn't then I'd lose some respect for him. Glad he acknowledged it, sounds like he's pretty upset by it. I never took BQ as the type of guy to say something to the media.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
No he wasnt. Any player on any team will admit to a lucky game or play. That doesn't mean they didn't like that win or think they didn't deserve it. Anyone that has played any sort of competitive sports, which I'm sure you have, would agree to.

Atwn,

If he had been talking about one specific game, then perhaps I might agree with you. BUT, the quote was in reference to the season, was it not ? I mean "We've had A LOT OF LUCK" isn't about 1 game or even 2.

MileHighHitMan7
02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Quinn had his shot with the Browns. Greeney even had a theme song for him. This is just his way of saying he won't be back.

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm more than willing to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt. :)

demosthenes9
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Quinn had his shot with the Browns. Greeney even had a theme song for him. This is just his way of saying he won't be back.

In fairness, a lot of QBs have had their chances with teh Browns and had their careers ruined :)

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 02:10 PM

Dont go down that road, because Tebow and Quinn have had the same game time experience. So if Tebow "gets" time, wouldn't the same argument have to apply to Quinn?

Peanut
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
so he said these things as a disgruntled back up DURING the season? Really it doesnt matter when he said it, unless the things attributed to him were total fabrications he still said things you shouldnt say about your teammates, not just Tebow but all the other "lucky" guys

I guess that's where this part of the quote comes into play:

the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments.

Tebow15Time
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't be so rushed to judge what Brady Quinn said in this interview as what it seems. Quinn said this interview was conducted 3 months ago and we should all know by now that all we get in quotations is what the response is we don't get the question or the dialogue from the columnist. Mike Ilver is a snake and GQ magazine is a glorified tabloid to me. I think it was cut and altered to insinuate that Brady was/is jealous of Tim's and the teams success. I don't by it but that's just me.

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Well, we did have a good bit of luck, not as much as some think, but we had some balls bounce our way, injuries among other things.

Bernie24
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Lol okay Quinn

I guess you're entire career has just been "unlucky" :laugh:

Luck plays a role in everything in life and every game and every team. Only when Tebow is brought up is it the only factor in our success it seems :rolleyes:

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM

He did not, he played like absolute crap in the final preseason game vs Arizona.

And Fox said Tebow as the #2 QB the whole time, so yeah. And if Tebow faltered, Quinn would of came in, but he didn't.

I do agree we had some really weird games that went our way.

Remedy
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
also why would silver 'sit' on an interview like this for 3 months...

doesn't make sense.

theognj
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Brady just tweeted that the interview is 3 months old and completely inaccurate.
Michael silver is a hack reporter.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM

doesn't make sense.

Because if he reported it 3 months ago how does that differentiate him from any other Tebow report out there at the time? He actually gets readers this time of year.

Jay3
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
That is fantastic to hear from Brady. Coincidentally, I had just read the actual article, and it's more of a timeline hodgepodge of quotes. I can see how it was woven together from interviews taken out of context.

Jay3
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
By the way -- the article doesn't come across as that much of a hitpiece, by Silver standards. Brady Quinn is the most screwed one in the bunch.

Alastor
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM

doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure what Silver's motive is other than to steal the news cycle in a slow month.

Regardless of what others say based on zero evidence and absolute emotional furor, I've got a different take on the story.

I don't get the inside track on everything, but I get the inside track on some things. While Orton's sense of humor and Tebow's are very different just as almost everything else was between those two, my understanding is that they got along just fine. Not BFFs, but they got along and worked together. They obviously have very different belief systems, but they were both professionals as Elway, Fox and others have stated so many teams you have to be trying in order to not hear it.

Frankly, the idea that Orton and Tebow had bad blood is preposterous and juvenile, and has been since day 1. They did fine together. The fans are the only ones that had an issue.

On that topic, I do have it on pretty good authority that Brady Quinn is one of the classiest guys in the organization, and that everyone around him is absolutely positive the quotes are out of context and that Quinn didn't say anything remotely resembling what was portrayed by Mike Silver.

Silver has a flare for dramatic journalism.

Just for the record, Crazy8 kind of hints at the truth. You guys would be surprised who logs in here. No, you're not posting in some super secret society. There is no secret knock and we don't have a secret handshake. Think about this. If your son or daughter was involved in football, wouldn't you check out the team's boards now and then?

If you played for the Broncos, wouldn't you at least browse once in a blue moon?

If you were a writer in Denver and wrote a story about the team, wouldn't you come here to gauge initial reaction and see what came of it all?

I think you'd be pretty surprised by who is on this board.

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Both defenses were ranked about the same.

Both around 20-27ish or so.

:paper::coffee:

153fishes
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20012043

Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn was not pleased with how his comments were portrayed in a GQ article on Tebowmania that was released today.

The article on Tim Tebow's 2011 season, written by Michael Silver, was titled: "The year of Magical Stinking: An Oral History of Tebow Time."

In it, Quinn was quoted as saying, "We've had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply."

"I regret the comments as they appeared in the article and I apologize if the comments that were in the article upset anyone," Quinn said today. "I think they were taken in the wrong tone. Had I known at the time the direction the article was going to go I would not have participated in the interview at all. The interview took place three months ago.
Blog: First-and-Orange

The Denver Post's NFL reporters post analysis, notes and more on this blog dedicated to the Denver Broncos.
However, there's no one to blame but myself. I take full responsibility.

"I've reached out to Tim and he knows what I think of him as a player and a person. I hope my teammates know that I don't this season was based upon luck. I think it was more based upon the fight each of our teammates had to continually battle and win games in the end. And Tim was very much instrumental in our success, especially coming down the stretch in the last minutes of games."

Also in the article, Quinn, a devout Christian, said the way Tebow expresses his faith doesn't "seem very humble to me." Also mentioned was how Quinn believed he was the second-string quarterback to Kyle Orton early in the season. But then after the team decided to make a switch at quarterback in game five, it was Tebow who became the starter.

"I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that," Quinn said in the article. "Just 'cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I don't have any billboards. That would have been nice."

A former Notre Dame star and first-round draft pick of the Cleveland Browns, Quinn spent the past two seasons as the Broncos' backup quarterback, first to Orton, then to Tebow. Although, Quinn will become a free agent when the market opens March 13, he and Broncos front-office boss John Elway have not ruled out the possibility of the veteran re-signing with the team.

Elway and Broncos coach John Fox are not likely to hold Quinn's recent comments about Tebow against him. Elway and Fox also made comments last season that were perceived as unflattering about Tebow.

Quinn, in a series of Tweets on Tuesday, said:

"The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos.

"Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate.

"That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up.

"I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our team's or Tim's success this season."

Alastor
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Both defenses were ranked about the same.

Both around 20-27ish or so.

:paper::coffee:

Yeah, but the reasons why matter.

Also, that ranking is usually based solely on yards given up and no others.

Denver's defense is pretty damned good. It's a hell of a lot better than even 20. I'd put it in the top ten, especially if the offense could put more drives together and score more points.

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Let's break down each win.

Miami- This game as lucky, no doubt. Down 15-0 with 4-5 mins to go, and comeback to win in OT. Getting the onside was lucky.

Oakland- Running game was great, Tebow made some solid throws, defense held Oak to 7 points i think in the 2nd half. Good, team win.

KC- Controlled the clock running the ball, defense was great, and Tebow made a HUGE throw to Decker. Like Oak, good, team win.

Jets- Both defenses were pretty good. The Goodman play was good on his part, you can call it lucky. Nothing lucky about driving 95 yards from the 5-yd line to win the game. Some luck here, but not a lot. IIRC, we had one fumble that they got.

SD- Got down 10-0, Tebow TD pass to Decker before the half. Yes, they missed a FG, we could of won the game before it went to OT. Their kicker did miss a kick to win it, but a 52-yd FG is no chip-shot. Defense played well, good, tough, team win here.

Minn- By far Tebow's best game in the regular season. Defense got shredded apart by Ponder, so can't say the defense carried him this game. Goody comes up with the clutch INT, rest is history. Like the others, good team win.

Chi- This game was lucky, i can't deny it, down 10-0 with less then 3 mins left, and win.

Pitt- Tebow made some big throws to DT, the TD pass to Royal. Defense played alright, not great, not terrible. Redman had a big game. And of course the DT TD to win it in OT.

So you got 2-3 lucky games out of the 8.

If you wanna use other teams weren't healthy, well, neither were we. Dawkins out the last 2-3 games, Moreno out in the KC game, Miller hurt his hand was never the same, Vickerson/Warren 2 of our DT's on IR plus some others i'm probably forgetting. Every team goes through injuries, can't say they had injuries, but we didn't.

:salute:

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah, but the reasons why matter.

Also, that ranking is usually based solely on yards given up and no others.

Denver's defense is pretty damned good. It's a hell of a lot better than even 20. I'd put it in the top ten, especially if the offense could put more drives together and score more points.

Top 10, eh, i think top 12-15, with some re-signings, Bunkley, Haggan, Wood, and a good draft/FA with JDR/Fox with the D, could be a special unit.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Let's break down each win.

Miami- This game as lucky, no doubt. Down 15-0 with 4-5 mins to go, and comeback to win in OT. Getting the onside was lucky.

Oakland- Running game was great, Tebow made some solid throws, defense held Oak to 7 points i think in the 2nd half. Good, team win.

KC- Controlled the clock running the ball, defense was great, and Tebow made a HUGE throw to Decker. Like Oak, good, team win.

Jets- Both defenses were pretty good. The Goodman play was good on his part, you can call it lucky. Nothing lucky about driving 95 yards from the 5-yd line to win the game. Some luck here, but not a lot. IIRC, we had one fumble that they got.

SD- Got down 10-0, Tebow TD pass to Decker before the half. Yes, they missed a FG, we could of won the game before it went to OT. Their kicker did miss a kick to win it, but a 52-yd FG is no chip-shot. Defense played well, good, tough, team win here.

Minn- By far Tebow's best game in the regular season. Defense got shredded apart by Ponder, so can't say the defense carried him this game. Goody comes up with the clutch INT, rest is history. Like the others, good team win.

Chi- This game was lucky, i can't deny it, down 10-0 with less then 3 mins left, and win.

Pitt- Tebow made some big throws to DT, the TD pass to Royal. Defense played alright, not great, not terrible. Redman had a big game. And of course the DT TD to win it in OT.

So you got 2-3 lucky games out of the 8.

If you wanna use other teams weren't healthy, well, neither were we. Dawkins out the last 2-3 games, Moreno out in the KC game, Miller hurt his hand was never the same, Vickerson/Warren 2 of our DT's on IR plus some others i'm probably forgetting. Every team goes through injuries, can't say they had injuries, but we didn't.

:salute:

I wouldn't even say the whole games were lucky. We just got a few lucky bounces to put us in position to win. Miami, the dropped inside kick. Chicago, the barber effect. SD the first touchdown, and multiple missed field goals. Jets, raiders, and chiefs games weren't lucky as you said. We deserved them. The others IMO we deserved too because we were still in a position to make plays. Even if it took 1-3 lucky plays.

JakeNbake
02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't be so rushed to judge what Brady Quinn said in this interview as what it seems. Quinn said this interview was conducted 3 months ago and we should all know by now that all we get in quotations is what the response is we don't get the question or the dialogue from the columnist. Mike Ilver is a snake and GQ magazine is a glorified tabloid to me. I think it was cut and altered to insinuate that Brady was/is jealous of Tim's and the teams success. I don't by it but that's just me.

That makes the most sense to me.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 02:53 PM

with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our

Team's or Tim's success this season.

That makes some sense. If this was say shortly after the Miami game, his comments on being "lucky" would make a lot of sense. When applied to the whole season, that makes him look like a malcontent.

I'm glad Brady clarified this. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

All the Orange
02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
What would the offseason be without some Broncos QB controversy? Enjoy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/brady-quinn-disappointed-with-completely-inaccurate-portrayal/related/

Brady Quinn “disappointed” with “completely inaccurate portrayal”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 21, 2012, 4:34 PM EST

There were a lot of interesting quotes in Mike Silver’s hilariously titled Year of Magical Stinking article about Tim Tebow in the latest GQ. Brady Quinn’s comments about Tebow’s humility have attracted the most attention.

I thought it was refreshing to hear a player speak honestly for once, but Quinn isn’t enjoying the sudden attention. Quinn backpedaled Tuesday on Twitter faster than Blaine Gabbert on a 13-step drop.

“The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos,” Quinn wrote. “Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I’m happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate.

“That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our team’s or Tim’s success this season.”

At least Quinn didn’t say he was misquoted. Because he wasn’t misquoted. He said what he said. Part of what Quinn said pointed out some aspects of Tebow’s leadership style that rubbed him the wrong way. Big deal. Why does it matter if he said the quotes three months ago or last week?

Before Quinn complained publicly, Silver tried to point out that Quinn’s words weren’t supposed to come off as bitter.

“The people ripping [Quinn] 4 his comments in GQ have it wrong. He was honest and not bitter at all. We talked for 50 minutes and he was respectful. . . . He was put in a uniquely weird position that would have rattled most quarterbacks. I thought he handled it well. He’s a standup guy,” Silver wrote.

We didn’t think Quinn’s quotes were that offensive in the first place. He said something about his situation and Tebow’s humility that others have surely thought. There was a time in the NFL when players were far more openly critical of their own teammates, much less players on other teams.

This is what happens when adults speak honestly.

(At least that’s what I hear. I can’t wait to be an adult.)

Remedy
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
That makes some sense. If this was say shortly after the Miami game, his comments on being "lucky" would make a lot of sense. When applied to the whole season, that makes him look like a malcontent.

I'm glad Brady clarified this. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Aye.. add in the fact it was done by mike silver... seems a little 'fishy'

LSIGRAD09
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
You don't see Cam's teammates calling him out.

You're right, Cam calls his teammates out.

OhBehave30
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
If I could choose between never stubbing a toe again or never hearing of Michael Silver again, it would be the latter in a landslide. What a joke.

Nimrod
02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah - Quinn jumped all over this story today. Good for him.

muse
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
If I see anything written by Silver or Lombardi I seriously question it.

Remedy
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
The fact that Brady Quinn dumped on Tebow is not news. The news is that for some reason someone interviewed Brady Quinn.

haha fav 'tweet' so far.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Jeez, some of these "writers" are worse than TMZ.... :rolleyes:

-Rod-
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
The interview happened three months ago. For three months, the author kept Quinn's words away from public view. But those are still Quinn's words. He was not misquoted. Is Quinn a victim? No, he is just a regretful defendant. Once I thought the Broncos should re-sign him, but he will not be back with the team after this kind of attitude. Good luck with the Bills or Jets.

jetdrumz
Demaryius Thomas @DemaryiusT
I'm tired of ppl talking about my QB.. If u ask me there's no such thing as luck.. It's hard work and determination.. That's all..

jetdrumz
I'm tired of ppl talking about my QB.. If u ask me there's no such thing as luck.. It's hard work and determination.. That's all..

jcdavey
02-21-2012, 03:41 PM
there is absolutely such thing as luck

we saw ALOT of it in the sb lol

Remedy
02-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Silver said he was going to do a piece of quinns interview later this week.

Michael Silver @MikeSilver Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I plan to write a Yahoo! column this week that does justice to the original @BQ9 interview. But trust me--he is not bitter toward Tebow

Michael Silver @MikeSilver Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The people ripping @BQ9 4 his comments in GQ have it wrong. He was honest & not bitter at all. We talked for 50 minutes & he was respectful

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Heck yeah. I believe that 100%.

There is random chance, but you create your own "luck".

JayJack
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, BQ confirmed what i've been saying all along. He was the backup and Tebow was 3rd, but Tebow Nation spoke loud and the rest is history.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM

God, I love Demaryius. Really hoping he continues his progress from this year.

broncofan1982
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM

Good for him. Ive said it for awhile but I really hope Tebow, DT, and Von Miller are the corner stones of our team for a long time. They are all young, have great character, and want to be great.

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll start by saying there is a difference between luck and grabing an opportunity born out of an error/mistake...

Most of what is defined as 'luck' by BQ or other posters can mostly be included in the opportunity off a mistake folder...

Football is a game of feild position and errors.

Teams play the game to win (suprise) not wait until they get lucky. They play each snap on the offense to actually complete the scheme as planned so they can continue to go foward or score. The defense on the other hand plays the snap to utimately block the offense.
Now blocking an offense is made out of differrent situations:
-3 and out
-Turnovers by the defense (interception, forced fumble, etc)
-and mistakes mabe by a player on the offense (throwing into coverage, not protecting the ball, etc)

While there could be an argument made about being lucky most of the time luck level itself out during the game and is practicly a none factor to a certain point.

To add to that what is luck actually? Some way of saying at that peticular moment I got the best outcome possible? If so that is also the output given when an opportunity has been realised...food for tought

And that's the thing.

If it happens once or twice, then you can attribute it to luck. If it keeps happening then you have to begin to attribute it to something else.

Elway had a ton of 4th quarter comebacks? Was he lucky? Sure. But a lot of it was raw heart and determination.

Funny how the guys with heart and determination seem to make their own luck isn't it?

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 04:01 PM
The last two QB's that Tebow's played with have alienated themselves from him, and you can tell they don't like him.

Probably has a lot to do with how competitive Tebow is, and I'm sure he viewed the other QB's he had to fight for the position with as the enemy. In a sports setting that stuff really comes to a head.

Cory, it could be argued that because of Tebow, the last 2 QBs got a raw deal. Orton got shipped where if Tebow wasn't there and the fans weren't clamoring for him, Orton probably would've stayed in and we might be talking extension for him.

Brady Quinn said that he was 2nd team QB, and then Tebow bypasses him and starts?

But that's not anything Tebow did. Those were coaching decisions. But that doesn't mean the blame (at least to them) isn't on Tebow.

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 04:03 PM
He did not, he played like absolute crap in the final preseason game vs Arizona.

And Fox said Tebow as the #2 QB the whole time, so yeah. And if Tebow faltered, Quinn would of came in, but he didn't.

Tebow has had some pretty terrible games as well, but we gave him more games after that because of the fanbase. In my opinion Quinn did better then Tebow in preseason overall. Just saying Quinn hasn't really had a real "quarterback battle" the last two years. It seemed pretty rigged both years. Schlereth said Quinn was great in practice, much better then Tebow ... Quinn just never got a chance to start. Im not agreeing or disagreeing just saying I'd be salty if I was Quinn as well.

Crazy8
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah - Quinn jumped all over this story today. Good for him.

Yeah, I have a feeling Quinn got bushwacked here. He probably didn't know who he was talking to. Michael Silver is one of the biggest Tebow haters ever. So, it's interesting. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Mike Silver to take more than a few things (or the whole article) out of context.

If so, Brady Quinn should bring about a lawsuit. Let's see how many clicks that gets, right Mike Silver? :laugh:

I have no reason to believe BQ would say anything bad about Tebow. It seems out of character. I imagine Tim will say it's no big deal if BQ calls him. But BQ should call Tim and let him know man-to-man. He probably already did. If he did, then good on Brady Quinn.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Tebow has had some pretty terrible games as well, but we gave him more games after that because of the fanbase. In my opinion Quinn did better then Tebow in preseason overall. Just saying Quinn hasn't really had a real "quarterback battle" the last two years. It seemed pretty rigged both years. Schlereth said Quinn was great in practice, much better then Tebow ... Quinn just never got a chance to start. Im not agreeing or disagreeing just saying I'd be salty if I was Quinn as well.

That's when you call out the coaching staff, not Tebow.

Bernie24
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Well, BQ confirmed what i've been saying all along. He was the backup and Tebow was 3rd, but Tebow Nation spoke loud and the rest is history.

The fact that people can actually believe this shocks me lol

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM
That's when you call out the coaching staff, not Tebow.

I agree Quinn went about this the wrong way

JayJack
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM

Tebow played like crap most of his 11 games, yet and still people thinks he "Deserves" to be the starter next year.

Fox said that Tebow and Quinn was #2. Cmon E, let's be forreal. When the "OFFICIAL DENVER BRONCOS WEBSITE DEPTH CHART has Tebow and Quinn as the #2, that is "Damage Control at it's best. They know that if Quinn was listed over Tebow, the Tebow Masses would go CRAZY!!!

What reason did they have to list both of them as the #2? It damn sure wasn't because of "Brady Nation" Furthermore, the game that Tebow was our #3 receiver (because of injury) it was reported (and i'm paraphrasing) that Tebow ASKED could he get some reps at receiver vs SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING. Now, ask yourself the question, WHAT BACKUP/#2 DOESN'T GET REPS IN PRACTICE?!?

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 04:20 PM
The fact that people can actually believe this shocks me lol

How? It was rumored to be the case and Quinn who would know more then anyone said the same thing. I say it is very believable.

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
love the optimism Brady… What a dummy!

Maybe you should take your talents back to the South Bend, maybe be a ballboy or help pass out Gatorade at your alma mater.:thumb:

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
love the optimism Brady… What a dummy!

Maybe you should take your talents back to the South Bend, maybe be a ballboy or help pass out Gatorade at your alma mater.:thumb:

Because Tebow is such a finished product right? A superstar talent in fact right? What he said was taken out of context.

153fishes
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Tebow's interviews are usually boring because he never says anything controversial but now ya-all can understand why. A little slip of the tongue no matter how benign the intent could be taken out of context by the media.

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Because Tebow is such a finished product right? A superstar talent in fact right? What he said was taken out of context.

He knocked the whole team by essentially calling this season lucky. We caught a few breaks just like every team does year in and year out, but that was a blanket statement. He knocked the whole team not just one player. If it was taken out of context I'm sure something will arise to the contrary soon anyways.

BroncosPWNn00bs
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd be disappointed as well if I was him. The Media always seems to twist and turn things no matter what. Thats why its best to just not even bother giving them interviews, cause they will do anything for a story, even if they have to twist things up. Glad Brady cleared things up on twitter. :salute:

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
It's a failed experiment I guess. But only because we didn't use him. Word is he looked great in TC. We'll see how it goes for him. But I don't think he's a bust yet.

I'm trying to find that preseason game where Brady Quinn had a passer rating of 7 against the Cardinals. That was his last game where we saw him take a snap for Denver.

I think that tells me all I need to know about Quinn.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
He knocked the whole team by essentially calling this season lucky. We caught a few breaks just like every team does year in and year out, but that was a blanket statement. He knocked the whole team not just one player. If it was taken out of context I'm sure something will arise to the contrary soon anyways.

Get back to me when you actually read what Brady said today.

COBronc78
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to find that preseason game where Brady Quinn had a passer rating of 7 against the Cardinals. That was his last game where we saw him take a snap for Denver.

4-12 CMP: 33.3 YDS: 26 TD:0 INT:1 Rating: 7.6

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Get back to me when you actually read what Brady said today.

Get back to me when you read DT's response via twitter. Apparently other people picked up on that too.

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
4-12 CMP: 33.3 YDS: 26 TD:0 INT:1 Rating: 7.6

:laugh: What a boss, this guy is definitely a legit starter in the NFL. :laugh:

And some people want THIS guy to replace Tebow? Lmao....

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Get back to me when you read DT's response via twitter. Apparently other people picked up on that too.

Ive read it multiple times and just responded to it. But yea, everything that happened last year was all skill. We never had a lucky roll or bounce from the ball, because apparently Tebow can use the force to manipulate gravity to make it bounce our way.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 04:42 PM
:laugh: What a boss, this guy is definitely a legit starter in the NFL. :laugh:

And some people want THIS guy to replace Tebow? Lmao....

I don't think anyone has said that in this thread.

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think anyone has said that in this thread.

Not in THIS thread but I no posters IN This thread who have advocated for it. ;)

Freyaka
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM

WwEihRd7fKA

:) good for DT standing up for Tim though.

Buckin' Bronco
Ive read it multiple times and just responded to it. But yea, everything that happened last year was all skill. We never had a lucky roll or bounce from the ball, because apparently Tebow can use the force to manipulate gravity to make it bounce our way.

the very first post I made in this thread said the exact same thing. Everyone gets lucky breaks, but you can't label an entire season "lucky". Nice bait though good try.:D:goz:

HavoK471

One game in the preseason tells you all you need to know about Quinn? You can't fairly asses a QB after a single game

Hell you can even say that you can't fairly asses a QB after an entire 16 games

I'm not even saying that Quinn is better or even good

BroncosFanInPA
Ahh yes, you've got to love off-seasons when it comes to our broncos, seems like there hasn't been a dull moment in the off-season for at least 5 years or more. :peace:

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
WwEihRd7fKA

:) good for DT standing up for Tim though.

I knew somebody would find that. Good stuff, that was comedy gold.:goz:

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
One game in the preseason tells you all you need to know about Quinn? You can't fairly asses a QB after a single game

Go talk to Charlie Brown if you want to know how good Quinn is as a starter. He's a bust in the NFL who is a backup for a reason. If anyone in the NFL thought he was a legitimate starter he would be on a team like the NYJ or Oakland would have traded for him instead of picking up Carson Palmer.

But there is a REASON why they didn't. Teams view him as a bust.

tacmale
02-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd be disappointed as well if I was him. The Media always seems to twist and turn things no matter what. Thats why its best to just not even bother giving them interviews, cause they will do anything for a story, even if they have to twist things up. Glad Brady cleared things up on twitter. :salute:

The problem is the NFL requires players to talk to the media I believe. If they weren't such hacks the players wouldn't have quotes being taken out of context all the time.

Especially Silver this guy needs to be fired I am actually going to send an email to Yahoo and tell them that.

SoundsOfSuccess
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Goodbye, Brady.

*closes thread

JayJack
02-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Well, if one game is all it took for you to form your opinion about BQ, then I definately know I have the right to feel the way I do about Tebow after seeing him the past 13 games.

PowderAddict
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM

If Tebow is just a Mr Magoo who blindly and "luckily" stumbles his way into success and Brady Quinn can't even beat him out, that tells you all you need to know about Quinn.

That, or the Broncos staff felt they had enough information on Quinn to know they didn't really want to invest to much into him and would rather see what they have in Tebow.

BroncosPWNn00bs
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM
The problem is the NFL requires players to talk to the media I believe. If they weren't such hacks the players wouldn't have quotes being taken out of context all the time.

Especially Silver this guy needs to be fired I am actually going to send an email to Yahoo and tell them that.

Yea, it sucks that they have to talk to the media and get taken out of context all the time. But I bet sending an email saying someone should get fired doesn't do much. Otherwise Pete Prisco probably would have been fired a long time ago :laugh:

ERoyal248
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM

Tebow had a 100+ passer rating in the preseason, so no.

FL BRONCO
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
football is a ton of luck

if the ball rolls down phillips back in the sb, gronk catches it and NE wins via luck

if welker doesn't drop a pass right in his hands, that he's caught a million times before, the giants don't get 'lucky'

w/l is often luck + putting yourself in position aka not getting blown out

I have to disa gree with part of this. Welkers noncatch was failure at the ultimate time in a clutch situation. No luck involved. It would have been luch if Gronk had caught it. New England failed when it mattered most and the Giants produced. Both teams played well enough to keep themselves in the game but the one produced in the clutch and the other failed. That is football.

While I do agree that sometimes luck plays a part (onside kick at Miami) Good teams play well enough to be ahead or atleast in the game and produce in clutch situations. That to me is when they become their best.

This of course has frustrated me the last few years and it is nice to be on the other side of it this year.

IMO did luck play a part, at some points yes, but this team put itself in the position and produced when it did to take advantage of it and they produced in clutch situations without it. This team produced in the clutch and they deserve the credit for every one of those games imo. I like having a team that can produce when it counts and proud of all of them.

Beckles19
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
It's nice to see Quinn respond like that...I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Also it's awesome of DT to stick up for Tebow! :salute:

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Well, if one game is all it took for you to form your opinion about BQ, then I definately know I have the right to feel the way I do about Tebow after seeing him the past 13 games.

You have the right to feel however you want lol. Quinn has failed consistently wherever he's gone. It's not just off of one game. There is a reason why nobody picked him up in FA. It's because they do not view him as a legitimate starter in the NFL.

Sorry to disappoint you but that is the case. The Jets would give anything to have someone better than Sanchez and they STILL didn't take Brady Quinn. The Cardinals think they are better off with John Skelton than Brady Quinn.

The Browns sucked for years with Quinn. I do find it funny though that you aren't willing to judge Quinn after years of failure and yet you judge Tebow as a failure after one successful season where we won a playoff game for the first time since 2005.

Double standards smh..... :rolleyes:

Alastor
02-21-2012, 06:06 PM

I kind of thought that was directed at Mike Silver more than Quinn, personally.

In response for him cherry picking some quotes and portraying Tebow as unsupported and a beneficiary of massive luck.

Granted, we did get lucky quite a few times this season, but unlike others I consistently count luck. I counted it with the Holy Stokely, and I count it with Barber.

It does kind of annoy me how many in this thread discounted such "good fortune" when it was another quarterback that had it happen, but that's really neither here nor there.

Anyway, our team certainly did get very lucky at times this year, but I think Silver goes out of his way to try to paint the team - including Quinn - as thinking that Tebow is nothing but a fortunate series of events.

I don't believe that's what Quinn or anyone else on the team would say, and I think DT was responding to that assertion by Silver more than responding to Quinn.

JayJack
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
You have the right to feel however you want lol. Quinn has failed consistently wherever he's gone. It's not just off of one game. There is a reason why nobody picked him up in FA. It's because they do not view him as a legitimate starter in the NFL.

How has Quinn failed where ever he's gone, and he's only been with the Browns and Broncos? The reason why nobody pick him up in Free Agency is because HE WAS NEVER A FREE AGENT. We TRADED for him.

Sorry to disappoint you but that is the case. The Jets would give anything to have someone better than Sanchez and they STILL didn't take Brady Quinn. The Cardinals think they are better off with John Skelton than Brady Quinn.

As I stated above, BQ was NEVER a FA. So this statement FAILS.

The Browns sucked for years with Quinn. I do find it funny though that you aren't willing to judge Quinn after years of failure and yet you judge Tebow as a failure after one successful season where we won a playoff game for the first time since 2005.

The Browns sucked for years with ANY QB. Something in the milk isn't clean over there. Jeff Garcia SUCKED with the Browns, yet and still, he leaves and leads the Eagles, and I believe Tampa Bay to the Playoffs.

BQ didn't suck for years. If I remember correctly, him and Tebow may have the same amount of starts right now. IMO, Quinn was in a weird situation. The Brown didn't allow him to work through his growing pains, which is strange when you draft a QB to be your "Franchise". But to be fair to BQ, he got MURDERED in Cleveland. That line was bad, and his weapons wasn't that good. Yeah, a successful season with an unimpressive QB...We got LUCKY!!!

Check the bold

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh I completely agree, we definitely caught some breaks this year. The Bears game was absolutely nuts. We took advantage of it, but we definitely had some fortunate circumstances transpire. I also completely agree that the media are vultures and will pick at every sentence to start controversy. Quinn needs to learn the phrase "no comment" or practice canned answers. That pisses the media off royally and it's so darn effective too.

Atwnbroncfan

You do realize that Quinn and Tebow have the same amount of game experience right? You act as if Quinn had mulitple starting seasons when he has yet to even start 16.

broncoFan!
Check the bold

My bad I don't know why I thought he was a free agent. My point still stands though. The Jets could have traded for him and they did not.

The Cardinals could have traded for him but they went with Kobb and then later Skelton.

Nobody wanted him. That is why Cleveland wanted so badly to get rid of him, and later he went on to Denver where he disappeared and was never heard form again until today. Just my :2cents: though.

It doesn't matter if we won through luck or not with Tebow. Tebow has a winning record. Quinn does not. Quinn has plenty of NFL video tape to show coaches that he is clearly not capable of being an NFL starter.

If you want though we could come back to this discussion in about 200 days or so and see if Quinn is even a backup for us anymore. ;)

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
You do realize that Quinn and Tebow have the same amount of game experience right? You act as if Quinn had mulitple starting seasons when he has yet to even start 16.

You do realize that Quinn has a losing record in the NFL right? There is a reason why he's not a starter anymore and that the Browns got McCoy?

He has had sporadic starts with the Browns because of his losing record. He played the entire 2007 or most of it anyway if I am correct and he has NOTHING to show for it.

There IS a reason why he was picked up by Mcdaniels and promptly moved to 2nd string QB. I do not want this guy anywhere near starting position with my team.

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Check the bold

Considering Brady Quinn was groomed under Charlie Weis at Notre Dame in a Pro style system, I find it hard to believe the only reason he hasn't made it is because no one has given him an opportunity. Quinn got his shot in Cleveland and was benched in favor of Derek Anderson. He couldn't beat out Orton, and he didn't get the nod over Tim after Orton was yanked. I've got nothing against the kid personally, but he just hasn't produced. If Charlie Weis grooms you for a pro style system and you can't hack it after a few years of working through the learning curve, then there are obviously bigger issues than a lack of opportunity. Just saying.

#24 Next Champ
02-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Don't agree in him trying to say Tebow doesn't have skill but can understand bitterness if he was truly #2 guy and that happened exactly the way he said then that had to be a bit frustrating

I honestly would've been okay with Quinn getting a shot first ...if he plays well cool, if not Tebow time waited another week or 2... I was just anything > Orton, hell even Weber

Would've been interesting ...love Tebow n what he brings on the field though ... if he can sharpen his throws (however need be) and learn to read the field faster...watch out

Underrated part of Tim's game imo - How many sacks he'll shrug off even when in the pocket (granted he holds on to the ball n is the cause at times but if the passing game gets better that obviously stops) but he can often turn sacks into good gains and that makes a QB a complete pain, especially one Tebow's size

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
You do realize that Quinn has a losing record in the NFL right? There is a reason why he's not a starter anymore and that the Browns got McCoy?

He has had sporadic starts with the Browns because of his losing record. He played the entire 2007 or most of it anyway if I am correct and he has NOTHING to show for it.

There IS a reason why he was picked up by Mcdaniels and promptly moved to 2nd string QB. I do not want this guy anywhere near starting position with my team.

When did Quinn have anything close to resembling a good team. It's Cleveland. I'm not saying Quinn is good, but to say he has been given ample opportunity is foolish.

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
When did Quinn have anything close to resembling a good team. It's Cleveland. I'm not saying Quinn is good, but to say he has been given ample opportunity is foolish.

Mccoy did more with the Cleveland Browns in one season that Quinn did in his entire career.

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM

This is a fair point no doubt, but at least with Tebow there have been flashes or signs of huge potential and output. What flashes has Quinn shown? I can't remember many plays of Brady Quinn as a quarterback where I said "wow that was a great play". In fact the only memorable thing about Quinn that comes to mind for me is when Cutler hit a 90 yard pass to Royal during a Thursday night game against Cleveland.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Mccoy did more with the Cleveland Browns in one season that Quinn did in his entire career.

The browns have not been relevant with either QB.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 06:49 PM
This is a fair point no doubt, but at least with Tebow there have been flashes or signs of huge potential and output. What flashes as Quinn shown? I can't remember many plays of Brady Quinn as a quarterback where I said "wow that was a great play". In fact the only memorable thing about Quinn that comes to mind for me is when Cutler hit a 90 yard pass to Royal during a Thursday night game against Cleveland.

The Thursday night game against the Broncos (his first start), I remember him doing well there. Not much since. I'm not advocating that Quinn is better than Tebow, or should start anywhere. But he was given up on early by the Browns, and to some extent the Broncos. I wouldn't be surprised though if he goes somewhere and turns into a solid starter.

broncoFan!
02-21-2012, 06:50 PM
The browns have not been relevant with either QB.

That's a red herring. The Browns have tons of problems as a team. They are in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

All of those teams made the playoffs except for the Browns. That shows you how tough of a division it is. The Browns have many problems to address but QB is not one of them, and it was when Brady Quinn was there. ;)

Buckin' Bronco
02-21-2012, 06:53 PM
The Thursday night game against the Broncos (his first start), I remember him doing well there. Not much since. I'm not advocating that Quinn is better than Tebow, or should start anywhere. But he was given up on early by the Browns, and to some extent the Broncos. I wouldn't be surprised though if he goes somewhere and turns into a solid starter.

For his sake and his family, I hope he does go somewhere produce like many thought he would have. I was never sold on the guy as the next big thing, but he seems like an okay individual so I wish him the best.

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 07:03 PM
This is a fair point no doubt, but at least with Tebow there have been flashes or signs of huge potential and output. What flashes has Quinn shown? I can't remember many plays of Brady Quinn as a quarterback where I said "wow that was a great play". In fact the only memorable thing about Quinn that comes to mind for me is when Cutler hit a 90 yard pass to Royal during a Thursday night game against Cleveland.

He had 5 Td passes against the Lions, and did really good against us. He also had flashes here and there. I live in Ohio and had to watch that pathetic season of "who is going to start this week" Quinn was on a horrendous team, with no offensive talent besides stone hands Edwards and injury prone Winslow.

Q-niverse
02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Just further evidence that speaking honestly equals hate in the minds of Tebowmaniacs. A lot of people are going to hate you for speaking your mind. It's easy to sit here and crucify Quinn when you can do it anonymously as "internet tough guys" but it takes guts to speak your mind knowing that it will not be popular and will be on record. He is accountable for his words. The posters on this thread (including me) are not. It also means his opinion was more valued than any of ours on the subject.

I hope Brady Quinn does well with another team. He never had a shot with the Broncos or the fans.

MorenoFan27
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Brady Quinn

1. Has only 14 starts under his belt
- 1 start in 2007 (He won 20-7)
- 3 starts in 2008 (When he had that good game against us. went 1-2)
- 10 starts in 2009 (This was the season I was talking about, he never knew if he was going to start next week as the coaches would flip flop him and Anderson. He never got full #1 snaps, and therefore never got to get chemistry with his team. It was also one of the most untalented offenses I have ever seen in the NFL. went 2-8 with some flashes against SD and Detroit ... but obviously not enough)

2. He has never had a good team
3. Never had a good Qb coach ... look at the Browns Qbs. When was the last good one?
4. The playbook was never opened to him
5. He is praised for his work ethic (was said he would come in first and leave last at the Browns)
6. Has never had a team commit to him
7. Never has had a full season

He has a 51% completion percentage with a 67 QBR. Tebow has a 47% completion percentage and a 72 QBR.

Now doesn't those seem like the same excuses people use for Tebow? I am just saying people here act like Tebow is a god and Quinn is trash when in all reality they are not that different. Now am I saying Quinn should start? ... Hell no, but you guys don't ever give him a break

TheFutureIsHere
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Quinn is just jealous that Tebow is already 1000 times better than former Cleveland BUST Brady Quinn.

garzjoe
02-21-2012, 07:40 PM
It sucks that Quinn is getting the business for speaking the truth. *But hey sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! ;)

Thx,
Joe

TheFutureIsHere
02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Funny how Denver with its best WR was 1-4 before Tebow yet Tebow w/o Lloyd lead them to like an 8-4 finish then destroyed Pitt in the playoffs for a playoff win with a dominant passing day.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Funny how Denver with its best WR was 1-4 before Tebow yet Tebow w/o Lloyd lead them to like an 8-4 finish then destroyed Pitt in the playoffs for a playoff win with a dominant passing day.

Stop just stop! That's not what this thread has been about.

TheFutureIsHere
02-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Stop just stop

Yes let's ignore the season and playoff results and believe Quinn's "luck" comment he made out of jealousy.

The entire thread is basically about Quinn vs Tebow yet I make one comment about Tebow doing 1000 times better this season than Quinn has ever done yet it is considered an off topic comment yet the entire Tebow vs Quinn pages on this thread before my comment are ok?

red19
02-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry guys, but Brady Quinn was in a scenario where he could in fact succeed. To say he never had a chance is just not true.
The starter (Orton) played himself out of his position. Brady Quinn would not have got even that opportunity in many places. Our own FO has stated or implied that the QB situation is not neccesarily solved. So Brady Quinn was essentially on a team where the starter got yanked and the project QB picked by the previous regime had not yet impressed the staff. Yet Quinn still didnt get the call.
I mean cmon......hes on a team who reports say are looking for 2 QBs. If Quinn had impressed during his shot in Denver then he would be right in the mix for the QB competition.

I really like him and I think hes a great teammate, but to say he never had a chance is simply not true.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Yes let's ignore the season and playoff results and believe Quinn's "luck" comment he made out of jealousy.

A. It wasn't made out of jealousy
B.if you read what Brady said today it was from an interview 3 MONTHS ago that was taken out of context. Not after the playoffs
C. No one is discrediting what Tebow did. The debate has been whether Tebow was on the end of a couple lucky plays. Some thinks that its wrong to say we got a lucky play, others don't have a problem with it. to me luck isn't a put down, it's good to have the ball bounce your way a play or two.

TheFutureIsHere
02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
B.if you read what Brady said today it was from an interview 3 MONTHS ago that was taken out of context. Not after the playoffs
C. No one is discrediting what Tebow did. The debate has been whether Tebow was on the end of a couple lucky plays. Some thinks that its wrong to say we got a lucky play, others don't have a problem with it. to me luck isn't a put down, it's good to have the ball bounce your way a play or two.

When he is talking about Tebow trying to get attention by preying in front of the camera (an outrageous statement) then it shows he holds a grudge against Tebow.

Regardless of whether there were a few luck plays or not, Tebow was a good QB who turned the team around after taking over for turnover machine Orton....Tebow lead like 5-6 game winning drives in the 4th quarter (clutch, not luck) and he destroyed Pitt in the playoffs.

He had a damn good season for a NFL QB, let alone a young NFL QB.

Quinn was a bust in Cleveland and put up a zero QB rating game in last preseason.

AC1
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Brady Quinn has as much right as anyone to speak his mind. Both he and Michael Silver have said that the quotes were taken out of context. He's been extremely well-behaved throughout the entire time he's been here.

And for those saying Quinn is bitter, put yourself in his shoes. Imagine yourself being in line for a promotion that you wait and worked for. But your rival (who is behind you in the pecking order) gets promoted over you because he's the golden boy (CEO's nephew, manager's golf buddy, etc.). Wouldn't you be pissed? Quinn got shafted badly. With the way the defense came together after the bye, there's a good chance we would have won many of those games had Quinn got the nod at starter. But Tebow got the nod because of his popularity and reasons besides the depth chart. That he played well and made the most of his opportunity doesn't mean Quinn should feel okay about being shafted.

FL BRONCO
02-21-2012, 08:01 PM

I'l say we did have some luck go our way as I have said in previous post but we also played well in the clutch and took advantage of it when we had it and we played well in the clutch when we didn't have it bounce our way.

In some games we even played well enough to win despite bad luck and mistakes like the pitt game. The non fumble call , the fumble that didn't bounce to us, WM fumble that went against us and the face mask call that wasn't, the non interception by champ. We still played well enough in the clutch to win that game. We had 4 overtime wins this year if I remember correctly. When this team is still in the game and it becomes clutch time they seem to rise to it and play some of their best ball and that has to do with credit to the team as a whole. I give the team the credit for pulling out the wins regardless of which way the luck was going, they still made the plays they had to make to win the games.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 08:02 PM
I'l say we did have some luck go our way as I have said in previous post but we also played well in the clutch and took advantage of it when we had it and we played well in the clutch when we didn't have it bounce our way.

In some games we even played well enough to win despite bad luck and mistakes like the pitt game. The non fumble call , the fumble that didn't bounce to us, WM fumble that went against us and the face mask call that wasn't. We still played well enough in the clutch to win that game. We had 4 overtime wins this year if I remember correctly. When this team is still in the game and it becomes clutch time they seem to rise to it and play some of their best ball and that has to do with credit to the team as a whole. I give the team the credit for pulling out the wins regardless of which way the luck was going, they still made the plays they had to make to win the games.

I have no problem with that. In fact I've said that multiple times this thread. Luck isn't bad, you just have to take advantage of it when you get a lucky, good, bounce.

getlynched47
02-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't understand how those words could be taken out of context lol. They're full sentences and the meaning is obvious :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't care about the lucky comments, the part that bothers me is saying Tebow prays for the camera. If he was misquoted I'd like to know the context he meant, I don't see any way that comment could be out if text though..you either said it it you didn't

Question his ability..question why he was put in over you but Tebows beliefs are really above question and that makes the comment seem like sour grapes

Brady is quiet spiritual himself. So what he said could be true. To some it seems Tebow "flaunts" his faith, and rubs other religious players (Kurt Warner) the wrong way. That could be genuine and is Brady's perspective. I dont see a problem with him "critiquing" it.

Remedy
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Brady is quiet spiritual himself. So what he said could be true. To some it seems Tebow "flaunts" his faith, and rubs other religious players (Kurt Warner) the wrong way. That could be genuine and is Brady's perspective. I dont see a problem with him "critiquing" it.

Agreed, just because he believes in what he is doing (tebow) doesn't mean his actions are above reproach. I can see why/how his actions rub some the wrong way. It's not like it is some anti-religion zealot criticizing Tebow here. My understanding is BQ is rather religious(catholic?)

Jay3
02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Brady Quinn

1. Has only 14 starts under his belt
- 1 start in 2007 (He won 20-7)
- 3 starts in 2008 (When he had that good game against us. went 1-2)
- 10 starts in 2009 (This was the season I was talking about, he never knew if he was going to start next week as the coaches would flip flop him and Anderson. He never got full #1 snaps, and therefore never got to get chemistry with his team. It was also one of the most untalented offenses I have ever seen in the NFL. went 2-8 with some flashes against SD and Detroit ... but obviously not enough)

2. He has never had a good team
3. Never had a good Qb coach ... look at the Browns Qbs. When was the last good one?
4. The playbook was never opened to him
5. He is praised for his work ethic (was said he would come in first and leave last at the Browns)
6. Has never had a team commit to him
7. Never has had a full season

He has a 51% completion percentage with a 67 QBR. Tebow has a 47% completion percentage and a 72 QBR.

Now doesn't those seem like the same excuses people use for Tebow? I am just saying people here act like Tebow is a god and Quinn is trash when in all reality they are not that different. Now am I saying Quinn should start? ... Hell no, but you guys don't ever give him a break

Take heart -- Tebow will be gone if he doesn't show drastic improvement next year. He won't last longer than Quinn did. So you can at least be happy about that, if it happens.

If, on the other hand, he improves . . . .then its more sad time, I'm afraid.

FL BRONCO
02-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't care about the lucky comments, the part that bothers me is saying Tebow prays for the camera. If he was misquoted I'd like to know the context he meant, I don't see any way that comment could be out if text though..you either said it it you didn't

Question his ability..question why he was put in over you but Tebows beliefs are really above question and that makes the comment seem like sour grapes

I have a problem with the luck comments in that it sounds like some are attributing the luck for the wins. Luck turned for us sometimes and against us others. The one thing the wins had in common is that this team came together in the clutch and made plays needed to pull the win out. Luck didnt make the 59 yard field goal or make the pass to dt in the pitt game or the sacks on the last drive of the 4th quarter of the pitt game.

As far as BQ and the comments go, I find that hard to actually comment on, I was not there to hear the comments in the full context of the conversation and from what I know of BQ he has been pretty classy during his time in the league. I have the opposite opinion of MS. I trust his reporting about as much as the National Enquirer.

Bernie24
02-21-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't understand how those words could be taken out of context lol. They're full sentences and the meaning is obvious :laugh:

Lol my thoughts exactly

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:13 PM

That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. A lot of people feel Tebow spends way too much time in front of the camera. Plummer, a self-confessed fan of Tebow's play, has also asked him to tone it down.

Tebow himself has confessed to seeking out the public platform. It's quite understandable if some people see that as being less than humble.

Jay3
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
To some it seems Tebow "flaunts" his faith, and rubs other religious players (Kurt Warner) the wrong way. That could be genuine and is Brady's perspective. I dont see a problem with him "critiquing" it.

I'm not understanding Kurt Warner these days.

HxJOhd7k_yk

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a problem with the luck comments in that it sounds like some are attributing the luck for the wins. Luck turned for us sometimes and against us others. The one thing the wins had in common is that this team came together in the clutch and made plays needed to pull the win out. Luck didnt make the 59 yard field goal or make the pass to dt in the pitt game or the sacks on the last drive of the 4th quarter of the pitt game.

As far as BQ and the comments go, I find that hard to actually comment on, I was not there to hear the comments in the full context of the conversation and from what I know of BQ he has been pretty classy during his time in the league. I have the opposite opinion of MS. I trust his reporting about as much as the National Enquirer.

I don't have a problem with him saying we were lucky. The Broncos have had quite a few unlucky seasons and it was about time the ball bounced our way for once.

I remember the 2008 season as being the most amount of bad luck I've seen one team encounter. Besides losing a bunch of important players for various stretches of time, anyone we suited up at the RB position was destined to get hurt.

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM

BTW, Michael Silver has over the course of his career, been quite favorable to the Broncos, especially during the Mike Shanahan years.

FL BRONCO
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't have a problem with him saying we were lucky. The Broncos have had quite a few unlucky seasons and it was about time the ball bounced our way for once.

I remember the 2008 season as being the most amount of bad luck I've seen one team encounter. Besides losing a bunch of important players for various stretches of time, anyone we suited up at the RB position was destined to get hurt.

Yeah that was bad:sad:You just had to remind me didnt ya

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
[/B]

Yeah that was bad:sad:You just had to remind me didnt ya

My apologies! Just trying to point out that we totally deserved a lucky season for once. Considering that the 2008 season gave us Josh Mcdaniels, I daresay we should be in line for another lucky one.

FL BRONCO
02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
BTW, Michael Silver has over the course of his career, been quite favorable to the Broncos, especially during the Mike Shanahan years.

The problem imo is that reporting and objectivity don't always go hand in hand. Imo he is an example of that as is Skip Bayless. While both are at opposite ends of the pendelum neither is very objective and they say things just to get people riled and get ratings. Sometimes reporters do take a couple of comments over a whole conversation and pick them carefully to project an image that they hope will get them responses. I don't know what was actually said but I know I don't know and wasn't their. I am not Judging BQ based on a skewed article that mentions a couple of comments out of an hour long interview from a reporter that imo is no where near objective on the subject.

AllEyezOnZach27
02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. A lot of people feel Tebow spends way too much time in front of the camera. Plummer, a self-confessed fan of Tebow's play, has also asked him to tone it down.

Tebow himself has confessed to seeking out the public platform. It's quite understandable if some people see that as being less than humble.

So Tebow is the one asking for all the pictures and videos to be taken of him when he is on one knee praying????

Tebow is a polarizing figure and the world wants to know what he has to say. They arent asking for BQ to be interviewed because nobody cares what he has to say.

If anyone is to blame for the air time Tebow gets it is the media and the American public.

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
So Tebow is the one asking for all the pictures and videos to be taken of him when he is on one knee praying????

Tebow is a polarizing figure and the world wants to know what he has to say. They arent asking for BQ to be interviewed because nobody cares what he has to say.

If anyone is to blame for the air time Tebow gets it is the media and the American public.

So you're saying Quinn should be okay with Tebow leap-frogging him for non-football reasons?

Tebow is a guy who is all over the news, does a whole bunch of interviews and has written an autobiography in his early 20s. You're saying it's impossible for anyone to think that might be a touch over the top? Tebow's not exactly Zimmerman when it comes to the media.

AC1
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
The problem imo is that reporting and objectivity don't always go hand in hand. Imo he is an example of that as is Skip Bayless. While both are at opposite ends of the pendelum neither is very objective and they say things just to get people riled and get ratings. Sometimes reporters do take a couple of comments over a whole conversation and pick them carefully to project an image that they hope will get them responses. I don't know what was actually said but I know I don't know and wasn't their. I am not Judging BQ based on a skewed article that mentions a couple of comments out of an hour long interview from a reporter that imo is no where near objective on the subject.

That's a valid point in general. There are a lot of sensationalists out there. I don't think Michael Silver is one of them. He's highly regarded by his peers and gets plenty of readership without needing to resort to sensationalism.

The issue with Skip Bayless is different IMO. I think (and this is just my opinion) that he and a whole host of other TV personalities fall victim to the "debate" setup producers like. TV is seemingly more interesting to people when the "experts" are in direct confrontation with strong, undiluted assertions rather than trying to find common ground with guarded, qualified statements. This is quite evident in politics as well.

AllEyezOnZach27
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
So you're saying Quinn should be okay with Tebow leap-frogging him for non-football reasons?

Tebow is a guy who is all over the news, does a whole bunch of interviews and has written an autobiography in his early 20s. You're saying it's impossible for anyone to think that might be a touch over the top? Tebow's not exactly Zimmerman when it comes to the media.

Again that is Tebow's fault how? If Quinn wants to get all pissy then maybe he should talk about the coaches that put in Tebow over him instead of knocking Tebow for the type of person he is.

Its a personal choice to read his book, watch his interviews, and by his jersey. Blame Tebow all you want but its the media and the American public that made Tebow into what he is. If anyone has a problem with it they can just turn off the TV, not buy the book and not purchase anything with Tebow's name on it.

Blame the machine, not the worker!