PDA

View Full Version : Elway: Tim Tebow Is “Gonna Be The Guy For A Long, Long Time”

soloking
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/24/elway-tim-tebow-is-gonna-be-the-guy-for-a-long-time/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

John Elway provided Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow with his strongest endorsement to date, according to USA Today.

“He added a great spark for us, and we really had some good things happen to us. I was really happy with his progress,” Elway said

“Tim’s gonna be the guy for a long, long time.”

As recently as late November, Elway’s confidence in the second-year quarterback’s ability to play a significant role in the team’s plans were not high. In an interview on Nov. 20 with 102.3 FM in Denver when asked if he saw Tebow as the team’s future starting quarterback,*he simply said, “no.”

“I think obviously [Tim Tebow] is making progress week in and week out,” Elway continued, “When you look at our third down numbers, those have to improve. I mean, that’s the bottom line. We can’t go 3-for-13 and win a world championship. Those are the type of things we have to keep improving.”

Tebow helped the Broncos win six games in a row, and was 7-4 as the team’s starter in the regular season. Through 14 games last season, the 24-year-old threw for a 46.5 completion percentage, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also ran for 660 yards and six touchdowns.

BigDaddyBronco
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
You know what that means....

He's trading him to Jacksonville :P

flosstein
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Thx! I just love all the news that feeds my Bronco appetite!!

Gotta remember to post news links in news wire though.

PowderAddict
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Suck on that Alfred!! :D

I think Tebow at least earned a chance to be the starter until he shows he can't be. When you consider the shape the team was in when he took over, and where the season ended, he at least earned that much.

Go Broncos!!

CoryWinget81
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
He's earned the right to be the starter. He's gotta earn the right to remain the starter.

COBronc78
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Elway didn't say that, but close to it.

I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim’s going to work hard this offseason. We’re hoping that he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/broncos-vp-john-elway-says-he-hopes-tebow-is-denvers-long-term-quarterback/2012/02/24/gIQALNfwXR_story.html

BroncoBreeder
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
As long as he doesn't come out next year and stink up the place. Like always, if he plays good he'll be the guy. If he sucks, he won't be the guy.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/broncos-vp-john-elway-says-he-hopes-tebow-is-denvers-long-term-quarterback/2012/02/24/gIQALNfwXR_story.html

dont you just love how media spins this bull crap.

you take out ONE word and it changes the whole quote. Looking for hits i suppose

these "writers" can go jump off a very talll bridge

i was about to be angry at the wuote because if tim came out and sucked this year and got benched people would/will be calling Elway a "liar"

BeardedWonder
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
clearly another elway Smokescreen. Amirite

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm really glad Elway backed Tim up. Im sure the constant harsh criticisms wear on Tim. Good for the Broncos. We need to be a united team, and I can't wait till the season starts.

CoryWinget81
02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

Hah, good catch.

Makes more sense that THIS quote came in context speaking about 3rd downs and whatnot.

Mantheyman
02-24-2012, 10:58 AM
dont you just love how media spins this bull crap.

you take out ONE word and it changes the whole quote. Looking for hits i suppose

these "writers" can go jump off a very talll bridge

i was about to be angry at the wuote because if tim came out and sucked this year and got benched people would/will be calling Elway a "liar"

Yeah, that's just ridiculous. To take out ONE word and allow that to completely change the tone of your story is a total reach, to say the least. It's amazing the lengths people go to make good stories for Tebow yet when ONE story tries to give constructive criticism or a sense of doubt, they jump on it like the writer's the devil incarnate.

catsigater
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
He's earned the right to be the starter. He's gotta earn the right to remain the starter.
As with every other player in the NFL, this is what all the sound and fury boils down to.

CoryWinget81
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh boy bring out all the biggest haters. They can't stand the thought of Elway saying anything good about Tebow. Regardless of what the quote was I think Tim will be the guy for a long time. I find it funny and slightly satisfying to see the haters squirm at these comments. Omg quickly find the quote that says hopefully so they can sleep at night.

Hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good story, amirite?

:rolleyes:

jarbronco
02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Losers Lose... Winners Win... Either way they want it to look, the media can spin. Tebowmania is a manufactured product. Tim Tebow is pure football player.

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good story, amirite?

:rolleyes:
I have no problem with accurate quotes. Still doesn't change the fact that the reaction by people that hate Tebow is funny.

BroncoooJohnson
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
There were multiple interviews, one with Jason La Canfora, and this one.

broncofan1982
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
The strongest statement to date. We just gotta keep building the team so we are competitive year in and year out.

In another version Elway says he "HOPES" Tebow will be the guy which is makes the quote totally different, so whatever!

Eddiemac730
02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
It's simple if the Broncos win with Tebow and win big he's not going anywhere.

I want a another Lombardi trophy, I don't care if Miles the mascot is the QB.

:goz::goz::goz:

Butler By'Note
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
It's simple if the Broncos win with Tebow and win big he's not going anywhere.

I want a another Lombardi trophy, I don't care if Miles the mascot is the QB.

:goz::goz::goz:

Exactly! I hope Tebow develops and becomes that guy because it's one less piece of the puzzle needed, but if he doesn't then the Broncos need to find that guy. As Cory said Tebow has earned the right to prove he can do it.

The NFL is all about "what have you done for me lately" by the time next season rolls around whatever Tebow did this season (the good and the bad) will be forgotten and it'll be all about what he's doing at the time.

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
lmao are you delusional?

it changes the entire context of the quote, teams (any team) should go around saying how long someone will be their QB

bowlen got crap because he said shanny had a job for life, TONS of idiots here called him a LIAR

misrepresenting a quote to get page/story/ hits and reactions is pretty shady jornalism, not that its anything new

but that one little word "hopefully" changes the entire context of that quote from uncertanty to absolutism

but as cory said why let facts get in the way

Wow obviously what I wrote was a little to much for you to grasp. Here let me explain it again. I found it funny that so many jumped right in here to immediatly say Elway didn't say this. Especially when it's being reported that he actually said both things in two different interviews.

I really don't care what he said, because what will be will be. I will take great pleasure when Tebow does stick around if only to get under people like your skin. I find it amusing that it bothers you so much by the tone of your post.

I simply thought it would be nice for him to back Tebow regardless if he knows the future for the unity of the team. That's just my opinion though. I'm not in kindergarten so I'm not losing sleep over the thought that people might call someone a liar if they end up being wrong. Oh no, don't call me a liar. Please really? That's what your worried about.

jarbronco
02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Exactly! I hope Tebow develops and becomes that guy because it's one less piece of the puzzle needed, but if he doesn't then the Broncos need to find that guy. As Cory said Tebow has earned the right to prove he can do it.

The NFL is all about "what have you done for me lately" by the time next season rolls around whatever Tebow did this season (the good and the bad) will be forgotten and it'll be all about what he's doing at the time.

100% right! I think in all of this Tebow mess, one part of the media spinning that Elway doesn't want Tebow (pure nonsense) and the other part building Tebow up to be something he's not (divinly inspired) what gets lost is the fact that Elway is the man in charge. I have questions about Tebow being able to hold up and keep the team in enough games to win it with his legs at the end, but I do NOT have any questions about Elways guidance and ability to be flexible enough to get Denver back to the big stage. If Timmy ain't that man, Johnny will FIND that man. Either way we win. Tebow may be able to do more good to help change the world if he's not concentrating so much on football, now that he has his platform. I would prefer him to win some trophies for the Broncos first, but it's not on him yet, it's on John.

LSIGRAD09
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
If he comes out and plays well. Yay!
If he stinks it up, Nay!

ERoyal248
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
He said he's hopeful as should EVERY Broncos fan.

He's earned the right to be the starter this year, not like we have any other choice, whether he can keep the job for this year, and many to come is another story.

BroncoFanNC
02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow obviously what I wrote was a little to much for you to grasp. Here let me explain it again. I found it funny that so many jumped right in here to immediatly say Elway didn't say this. Especially when it's being reported that he actually said both things in two different interviews.

I really don't care what he said, because what will be will be. I will take great pleasure when Tebow does stick around if only to get under people like your skin. I find it amusing that it bothers you so much by the tone of your post.

I simply thought it would be nice for him to back Tebow regardless if he knows the future for the unity of the team. That's just my opinion though. I'm not in kindergarten so I'm not losing sleep over the thought that people might call someone a liar if they end up being wrong. Oh no, don't call me a liar. Please really? That's what your worried about.

So if the President said he WILL lower gas prices, but he actually said, he HOPES to lower gas prices, you wouldn't call that media source out?

PowderAddict
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Losers Lose... Winners Win... Either way they want it to look, the media can spin. Tebowmania is a manufactured product. Tim Tebow is pure football player.

That was very well put :clap:

tebowgirl15
02-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Tim working hard will not be a question. I think John Elway helping him in the off season will only help.

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 12:50 PM
So if the President said he WILL lower gas prices, but he actually said, he HOPES to lower gas prices, you wouldn't call that media source out?

The president doesn't solely control gas prices, so not a very good example. I do understand what your saying, but it was reported that he said both quotes in different interviews. Again I'll say it doesn't matter because NOONE knows exactly what will happen. To me it wouldn't matter if he said, He is our guy, in the sense that anything can happen and things change.

I just thought it would be nice for him to say it because I feel the media has been so brutal that we need someone to help unify this team. Especially after seeing DT's tweet. It's an indicator that all the negative stuff does wear on our guys. If Elway said Tim is our guy, but then Tim doesn't work out I would not think Elway is a liar. It's up to Tim to show he is capable.

Junitz23
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Elway did NOT say that, I watched the interview and have it DVR'd. He said and i quote "I was real happy with his progress, we know Tim's gonna work hard this offseason and we are hoping he will be the guy for a long, long time."

jlhawkins9
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
If Elway spends as much time as he talks about qbs on other postions we will be unstoppable!!

SBboundBRONCOS
02-24-2012, 02:28 PM

why would tim sticking around get under my skin??

that would mean hes playing good football, and thats what i want to see, i have no problem with tim other than the sole fact that he isnt a very good qb right now (i know that will probably offend you in some way and make me a "hater")

people are buying into this misinterpreted quote and will probably call Elway a liar if tim ever goes elsewhere

i just dont understand why you think it would bother me in the least if tim turns out to be a good QB

lmao,

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
why would tim sticking around get under my skin??

that would mean hes playing good football, and thats what i want to see, i have no problem with tim other than the sole fact that he isnt a very good qb right now (i know that will probably offend you in some way and make me a "hater")

people are buying into this misinterpreted quote and will probably call Elway a liar if tim ever goes elsewhere

i just dont understand why you think it would bother me in the least if tim turns out to be a good QB

lmao,

Really it comes down to how you define him being a good QB. Is it having a certain completion percentage? Is it throwing for a certain amount of yards? I think this is where it's up for interpretation.

So, yes if we continue to win, but he doesn't have the numbers that some want to see it will likely bother them if he is our QB.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Really it comes down to how you define him being a good QB. Is it having a certain completion percentage? Is it throwing for a certain amount of yards? I think this is where it's up for interpretation.

So, yes if we continue to win, but he doesn't have the numbers that some want to see it will likely bother them if he is our QB.

do you think tebow is better than sanchez and flacco then?

broncos SB2010
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM

I think the problem that many of us have is we don't think the team will continue to win with the same production Tebow had this past season.

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM

Tebow is without a doubt more fun to watch play hands down in my opinion. It's his ability to make something of nothing when the play breaks down that I find exciting to watch. Also I'm not sure if you feel this way, but with Tebow in the game I always think we have a chance when the game is close. So, that's a nice feeling to have after years of Orton, who literally when we were down by a touchdown I knew we were pretty much screwed. That's not something you can measure in stats though. I'm probably biased to our QB, but I don't get either of the above from Sanchez or Flacco in the games I've watched of them.

As far as reading defenses, and going through progressions I would say Tebow is behind both of those guys. Although Sanchez is really bad at making decisions at times.IMO They both throw a prettier ball and having higher completion percentages.

Flacco is just lackluster. I'm not really sure why I feel that way it's just my interpretation when I watch the games. He has been in the league a while and still struggles with very easy throws, but seems to do enough to win.

I would take Tebow simply because I think he will be better when all is said and done. Right now though Tebow is definately going to have to improve throwing the ball. Although I'm not looking to meet any certain completion percentage or yards.

#Broncosfan
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I think the problem that many of us have is we don't think the team will continue to win with the same production Tebow had this past season.

So, if we have a repeat with only slightly improved stats, but are winning would you accept him as our QB of the future? I'm just curious.

RunningWolf
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7611223/john-elway-hopes-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-long-term-quarterback-solution

INDIANAPOLIS -- Denver Broncos vice president John Elway said he hopes Tim Tebow is the team's long-term solution at quarterback.

It was a step beyond Elway's statement at season's end that Tebow would be the starter going into training camp. Tebow completed less than half of his passes last season, but posted a series of dramatic comebacks in leading the Broncos to the playoffs, where he threw an 80-yard TD pass to Demaryius Thomas in overtime to beat Pittsburgh in the first round.

Elway He added a great spark for us, and we really had some good things happen to us. I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim's going to work hard this offseason. We're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time.
” -- Broncos VP John Elway on Tim Tebow

He went 8-5 as the starter, but lost four of his last five games.

"He added a great spark for us, and we really had some good things happen to us," Elway said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim's going to work hard this offseason. We're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time."

Elway said he likes Tebow's physical tools, but he needs to work on his throwing fundamentals.

"I think there's things that we have to get him to do within our offense to be successful as an offense," Elway said. "Tim's strengths are, no question, he's able to run the football, he's a big guy and physical and likes to run it. We also want to see strides in Tim and his ability to throw the football down the field from in the pocket. We feel like that's something we have to do to get better as an offense. To add that threat there makes everything else he does that much better."

Tebow is working on his throwing with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone in Los Angeles.

"One thing I don't have a concern about is that Tim Tebow is going to do everything he can this offseason to get better," Elway said. "If that's working with Mazzone, or whatever he's doing, he's going to do everything he can to get better."

Denver is looking for backups for Tebow. The Broncos have Tebow and Adam Weber under contract and are interested in bringing back free agent Brady Quinn. Elway didn't say what style the possible newcomers would have.

"When I look at Tim and I look at our offense, we can go with either one, whether it be a guy like Tim, or if it's more of a drop-back-type guy," Elway said.

Remedy
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM

lol.. what a difference one word makes.

that being said I certainly hope he develops into the guy long term. One less hole to fill.

jlhawkins9
02-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Does Tebow have the weapons that Sanchez and Flacco have? Hands down he is better then Sanchez and I Flacco could be a decent argument. Only time Bal wins is when Rice gets the rock 20x. Bal loses when Flacco has to throw it. Did any of y'all watch the Bal ve Jack game? Flacco looked worse then a HS qb.

WOnder how good Tebow would be with rice? Mcgahee is not the answer . Old and slOw.. If there wasn't a threat of Tebow running the ball mcgahee wOuld have avg under 3 yards like when orton was qb. He can't take it to the house but can get some tuff yards and has good vision. I want a guy that can bust an 80yrder at any time.

For a young qb in Tebow we haven't surrounded him with any weapons to help him out like the jets have with Sanchez . Heck we traded our best weapon for a 5th rd pick!! Lol

krazy/kz1
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I bet John Elway and John Fox get really tired of answering the same Tebow Questions over and over and over again.

jarbronco
02-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I bet John Elway and John Fox get really tired of answering the same Tebow Questions over and over and over again.

lol You really have to give them both some credit for not going all Parcells on those reporters when they ask. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Mk2_Tebow
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Elway said he "hopes he can be the guy for a long time" ...this is all just spin.
Elway did not say it that way.

Like Bronco Breeder said he will or he won't be the guy ....no use arguing about it anymore.

catsigater
02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I'd rather have Tebow than Sanchez, but I'd probably take Flacco over Tebow right now.

Nimrod
02-24-2012, 06:14 PM

I prefer to let it play out and see where it goes. Team was 4-14 with Tebow on the bench and 9-7 with him starting. That was over two year with Tebow being thrown in as an after thought and watching Orton get all the starter reps. Might be worth seeing where the team can take it. We will know soon enough.

Don't worry - be happy! :)

Holger_Danske
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that's just ridiculous. To take out ONE word and allow that to completely change the tone of your story is a total reach, to say the least. It's amazing the lengths people go to make good stories for Tebow yet when ONE story tries to give constructive criticism or a sense of doubt, they jump on it like the writer's the devil incarnate.

It's a left wing rag that is well known for that, esp in the editorial section. Not sure you should expect better in the sports section.

vLordChronicv
02-24-2012, 06:43 PM

... what kind of question is this?

i hate stupid comparisons that can never really be compared, you sound like ESPN.

broncoFan!
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I think if Elway has his way Tim Tebow will definitely be a 60% passer by the end of this year. Which, is not a bad thing at all, not bad at all. :)

brutledge79
02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Elway said he expects to see strides in Timmy and his ability to get the ball downfield from the pocket. I don't see that happening. His strength is running, he's gonna get lit up one of these times and be done. Not to mention, Timmy has a hard time anticipating open receivers. I think we'll be drafting a QB earlier in the draft than most people think. Tebow has incredible fight, spirit and a will to win. His jersey obviously sells well. However, wanting to win and selling a lot of jerseys doesn't win Super Bowl's. His stock is high, trade him to Jacksonville!

jarbronco
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Elway said he expects to see strides in Timmy and his ability to get the ball downfield from the pocket. I don't see that happening. His strength is running, he's gonna get lit up one of these times and be done. Not to mention, Timmy has a hard time anticipating open receivers. I think we'll be drafting a QB earlier in the draft than most people think. Tebow has incredible fight, spirit and a will to win. His jersey obviously sells well. However, wanting to win and selling a lot of jerseys doesn't win Super Bowl's. His stock is high, trade him to Jacksonville!

It's a good thing we have someone who can post on the forum who knows more about being a qb in the NFL than John Elway, Thank you.

catsigater
02-24-2012, 09:27 PM
No one expects that. I haven't heard anyone say we can consistently win with a 47% passer.

The problem with the far fringe of Tebow Haters, as opposed to Tebow Skeptics, is they not only don't think he can increase his production, some want him gone before he even has a chance to prove whether he can.

broncoFan!
02-24-2012, 10:46 PM
No one expects that. I haven't heard anyone say we can consistently win with a 47% passer.

The problem with the far fringe of Tebow Haters, as opposed to Tebow Skeptics, is they not only don't think he can increase his production, some want him gone before he even has a chance to prove whether he can.

It's always been that way since he got here. Many people were against him from the very start without even wanting to give him a snap under center, and he's still here proving the haters wrong! :D

jetdrumz
02-25-2012, 06:48 AM
I hope this is true.

Cecil Lammey ‏ @cecillammey
Scouts close to Mazzone says #Tebow is going to surprise people with his improvement in 2012 - anticipation already improved in short time

roperdoug
02-25-2012, 07:19 AM
If John does what says and backs up any statement he makes, I think we will see a different Tim Tebow and Offensive Team next year. With the front office, the bottom line is money. A successful season means money. If they don't committe to making Tim a better Quarterback, then they've wasted money...your hard earned money.

BroncoBreeder
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JCp9erPdSQ0/T0j-Ld7wLTI/AAAAAAAAAFo/ldsBIpd_OrQ/s576/tebow-centaur-elway.jpg

JayJack
02-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I hope this is true.

The same thing was said before Tebow's Pro Day, and he still looks like the same QB 2 yrs later. What is he going to do when the bullets are live? If he improves, great. But i'm not holding my breath.

nyuk nyuk
02-25-2012, 08:52 AM
“He added a great spark for us, and we really had some good things happen to us. I was really happy with his progress,” Elway said

“Tim’s gonna be the guy for a long, long time.”

If you go to the original USA Today quote, you'll find out that this quote mentioned on this article excised the word HOPE from that sentence. Elway said nothing other than what he said before...

My dislike for media is only worsening... I'm so tired of the misquotes, the spin, the activism...

broncos SB2010
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
The same thing was said before Tebow's Pro Day, and he still looks like the same QB 2 yrs later. What is he going to do when the bullets are live? If he improves, great. But i'm not holding my breath.

I was thinking the same thing.

improvement in a week? When he hasn't shown much improvement in the past 2 years? I don't think so.

nyuk nyuk
02-25-2012, 10:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

improvement in a week? When he hasn't shown much improvement in the past 2 years? I don't think so.

I think the biggest question mark is that he's still recovering. Just how much can he do? Footwork? Tons.

samparnell
02-25-2012, 10:53 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JCp9erPdSQ0/T0j-Ld7wLTI/AAAAAAAAAFo/ldsBIpd_OrQ/s576/tebow-centaur-elway.jpg

Tebow as a centaur; that's pretty good. :salute:

Personally, I have thought he looks like the 6'10" tall bronze statue of Zeus in the National Museum in Athens. :thumb:

Achilles was tutored by Chiron on Mount Pelion.

flosstein
02-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Epic! Tebow, Elway, rainbows, and centaurs. It's all there:salute:

jarbronco
02-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Personally, I have thought he looks like the 6'10" tall bronze statue of Zeus in the National Museum in Athens. :thumb:

I would think Elway would need to be Zeus, and Tebow more like Uranus , Primordial Being of the Sky.

broncos SB2010
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I would think Elway would need to be Zeus, and Tebow more like Uranus , Primordial Being of the Sky.

I agree. Tebow reminds me a lot of uranus

roperdoug
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM

So most people know more about what it takes to be a good quarterback than John Elway who stands a lot to lose if he's wrong.

roperdoug
02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
John Elway had a lot of doubt when they put Tim as starter last year. I think he probably voted against it. During the year, John must see something we don't.
Let's face it. There is a new generation of players coming in and Pro Football is going to change.

johnlimburg
02-25-2012, 03:16 PM
John Elway had a lot of doubt when they put Tim as starter last year. I think he probably voted against it. During the year, John must see something we don't.
Let's face it. There is a new generation of players coming in and Pro Football is going to change.

A new generation of players ? What does this mean ? Maybe Cam Newton but he is a one in a million athlete with what he can do and there is no one in the NFL with his skill set and there will not be many people with it to come out.

So most people know more about what it takes to be a good quarterback than John Elway who stands a lot to lose if he's wrong.

John Elway will not lose his job if he is wrong. It is just one mess up as a pro decision maker. Every GM makes bad choices. Look at New England as of late. A lot of teams. What ever his decision is with Tebow and if it doesn't work out. Elway will not lose his job due to it. He will take heat for it though.

ERoyal248
02-25-2012, 03:27 PM

So let's say we give Tebow all 16 games, he doesn't show much improvement, we went Tebow somewhere else, would he be wrong. The fans think Elway hates Tebow, when he's said many, many good things about him. And we move on with someone else in 2013.

Would that be fair?

As for being right or wrong, only time will tell, Tebow is the ultimate boom or bust guy, he'll either be very, very good or not so good.

Mk2_Tebow
02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I prefer to let it play out and see where it goes. Team was 4-14 with Tebow on the bench and 9-7 with him starting. That was over two year with Tebow being thrown in as an after thought and watching Orton get all the starter reps. Might be worth seeing where the team can take it. We will know soon enough.

Don't worry - be happy! :)

SB2010 wanted tebow to throw for 79 yards each quarter against the Steelers or else.

His 316 was "not good" according to SB2010 because it was not evenly spaced out between 4 quarters....I know...I can't make this up but just want to make sure you know who you are dealing with.

broncos SB2010
02-25-2012, 06:50 PM
SB2010 wanted tebow to throw for 79 yards each quarter against the Steelers or else.

His 316 was "not good" according to SB2010 because it was not evenly spaced out between 4 quarters....I know...I can't make this up but just want to make sure you know who you are dealing with.

That isn't what I said at all so don't make up things and claim that I said them.

What I said was that Tebow had no production in 3 quarters of play (4 for 10 for 52 yards) and had 1 great quarter (5 for 10 for 184 yards). In those 184 yards he made 178 of those yards on 4 throws. So in the whole he game he really made 4 plays for 78% of his production. Besides those 4 big throws he was 5 /16 for 58 yards. What part of that do you not agree with? Those are terrible numbers. Come on, admit it. I know you can do it. 3 terrible quarters and 1 great quarter does not equal a great game. To me, playing a great game would entail playing very good for most of the game, not just a small segment of it. maybe you think otherwise.

That is what I said. I didn't say 79 yards/quarter. What I want, and expect, is the ability to have sustained production and the ability to move the ball on a consistent basis, not one big play, here and there, and then nothing the rest of the game. Maybe you are ok with zero production for most of the game as long as you make one or two big plays. I am not. Most people are not. You just look at final stats and say WOW...Great game!!!!

From now on, leave me and my ideas out of any posts you make unless you actually want to write what I actually said instead of putting your slanted spin on it.

jarbronco
02-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Your stats have twisted your thinking. You aren't taking the running game into account at all, or with a running offense how your defense is playing is more of a factor dictating your play than anything. Being dedicated to the run will win you games as long your defense isn't giving up points. It's when Brady starts shootiing darts all over the place and all of a sudden you are down 14. Steve Young said it best. "But you let Tim hang around, he'll beat you. He will beat you. There's nobody I can say that more emphatically about than Tim Tebow. If he's around at the end, you're dead."

BroncoBreeder
02-25-2012, 08:50 PM

Tebow throwing lightning bolts around? Frightening. Very Frightening.

japfaff
02-26-2012, 01:07 AM
When I hear Elway say this all I hear is " TT is going to be the GUY of a Long Long time....Unless he blows it the first 8 games of the season"

With everything that Elway has said. Every little thing that he says now I think that he is just trying to keep his quotes off ESPN. I don't think that Elway likes TT as a player, and I don't think that he believes in him either. TT has a long tough road before he is a avg NFL Qb......My money is that he will NEVER truly be the guy here

samparnell
02-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Tebow throwing lightning bolts around? Frightening. Very Frightening.

Thunderbolts and lightning; very, very frightening.

Mamma mia! :doh:

BroncoBreeder
02-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Thunderbolts and lightning; very, very frightening.

Mamma mia! :doh:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sWFZNALmqdA/T0pWkMWCKgI/AAAAAAAAAF4/qACaMyLM_vo/s512/Zeus%2520Vs.%2520Tebow.jpg

BroncoSynapses
02-26-2012, 09:48 AM
That isn't what I said at all so don't make up things and claim that I said them.

What I said was that Tebow had no production in 3 quarters of play (4 for 10 for 52 yards) and had 1 great quarter (5 for 10 for 184 yards). In those 184 yards he made 178 of those yards on 4 throws. So in the whole he game he really made 4 plays for 78% of his production. Besides those 4 big throws he was 5 /16 for 58 yards. What part of that do you not agree with? Those are terrible numbers. Come on, admit it. I know you can do it. 3 terrible quarters and 1 great quarter does not equal a great game. To me, playing a great game would entail playing very good for most of the game, not just a small segment of it. maybe you think otherwise.

That is what I said. I didn't say 79 yards/quarter. What I want, and expect, is the ability to have sustained production and the ability to move the ball on a consistent basis, not one big play, here and there, and then nothing the rest of the game. Maybe you are ok with zero production for most of the game as long as you make one or two big plays. I am not. Most people are not. You just look at final stats and say WOW...Great game!!!!

From now on, leave me and my ideas out of any posts you make unless you actually want to write what I actually said instead of putting your slanted spin on it.

Actually, the quote you responded to did pretty closely sum up your statement. There may be pretty subtle differences, but aside from semantics, the message is the same. Why does it bother you so much? It is, for all intensive purposes, what you said. Maybe your bias is greater than you initially thought?

broncos SB2010
02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Actually, the quote you responded to did pretty closely sum up your statement. There may be pretty subtle differences, but aside from semantics, the message is the same. Why does it bother you so much? It is, for all intensive purposes, what you said. Maybe your bias is greater than you initially thought?

do you think a QB plays a great game when all they do is make 4 or 5plays? 3 for 10 on 3rd down? 1 for 4 in the redzone? 0 for 1 with goal to go?

Was he great in the miami game too? They won. He had 2 TDs. Is that a great game?

Like it or not. Believe it or not. there is more to playing a great game than just the final stat line and the win or lose. You have to look at how the player played the entire game.

jarbronco
02-26-2012, 10:19 AM
When I hear Elway say this all I hear is " TT is going to be the GUY of a Long Long time....Unless he blows it the first 8 games of the season"

With everything that Elway has said. Every little thing that he says now I think that he is just trying to keep his quotes off ESPN. I don't think that Elway likes TT as a player, and I don't think that he believes in him either. TT has a long tough road before he is a avg NFL Qb......My money is that he will NEVER truly be the guy here

When you are just making stuff up, try not to put it in quotes please? It just makes you look stupider than your post, which is hard.

samparnell
02-26-2012, 04:23 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sWFZNALmqdA/T0pWkMWCKgI/AAAAAAAAAF4/qACaMyLM_vo/s512/Zeus%2520Vs.%2520Tebow.jpg

Great observations! Maybe Tim could get Zeus to be his QB coach during the ofseason!?! :salute: :D :thumb: :logo:

plummerwho
03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Elway is a lying scum... he hasn't been honest and upfront with fans... pathetic.

ParkHill-71
03-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Great observations! Maybe Tim could get Zeus to be his QB coach during the ofseason!?! :salute: :D :thumb: :logo:

Wellllll,

Some do think of him to be a God.....:)

ParkHill-71
03-10-2012, 10:48 AM
What's hilarious is all the Choker fans adding to the boards fire to the pro Tebow fans, and the not so much Tebow fans, and the straight up just Bronco fans.
C'mon guys stop falling for it. Plus they truly are afraid if Manning comes here and is healthy..
You guys have to see thru this dont you?

Kazmo
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Elway is a lying scum... he hasn't been honest and upfront with fans... pathetic.

Elway is doing what is best for the Broncos.

jaytea11
03-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Pathetic?? You have the brass to call the greatest Bronco of all time "skum" because he is trying to do what is best for the team and not solely for Tebow... That's what's pathetic..

I have grown to like Tebow a lot and I want him to get the chance to learn from an NFL great like Manning, but Tebow homers like you literally make me sick.

MorenoFan27
03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Pathetic.. you join the forums coincidentally at the same time that Tim Tebow was drafted and then have the brass to call the greatest Bronco of all time "skum" because he is trying to do what is best for the team and not solely for Tebow.

I have grown to like Tebow a lot and I want him to get the chance to learn from an NFL great like Manning, but Tebow homers like you literally make me sick.

Bingo! .....

PAINTERDAVE
03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
What's hilarious is all the Choker fans adding to the boards fire to the pro Tebow fans, and the not so much Tebow fans, and the straight up just Bronco fans.
C'mon guys stop falling for it. Plus they truly are afraid if Manning comes here and is healthy..
You guys have to see thru this dont you?

Hey IF.. a mighty big IF..
manning is healthy..
ande IF...
he actually becomes a bronco..

great.

But IF..

he takes our money and goes down for the count..
leaving us in the lurch..

that will SUCK.

Besides...

With the awesome, powerful Colts... in his prime..

Peyton Manning won 1 superbowl in 2007.

He has a losing record in the playoffs overall.. 9-10..

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.

FL BRONCO
03-10-2012, 12:30 PM
We are a rebuilding team and we have a lot of needs. I don't want to stray from path that we are on, I want to keep getting younger talent through the draft and I would like to use all our money to build the team for long term. Tying up a lot of our cap money into an old Manning who has injury concerns. At best he may come in for a couple years and I don't believe we are 1 player at any position away from the SuperBowl.

That said , I'm SURE that John Elway is doing what he feels is best for the Broncos and has always been a great leader. To say anything else is very shortsighted imo. John Elway is responsible for the whole Denver Broncos team and he will do what he thinks is best for the team as a whole and I will respect that whether I agree or not.

jgod654
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
manning is healthy..
ande IF...

great.

But IF..

that will SUCK.

Besides...

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.

And adding to that, the Colt running game and the Colt defence was actually pretty damn good thise years. He will put us in contention but we kindda already are IMO. I simply don't like throwing our great young QB who outperformed everyone's expectations last year under the bus for an over the hill (yes, he definately is) maybe injured Manning who may only play a year or two for us.

I think it's stupid. It will come back to haunt us. I really really hope manning goes to miami or the cards.

ERoyal248
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM

I'm as big of fan as Tebow as anyone on this board, BUT, getting the chance to get Peyton, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

And Elway is doing what's best for the BRONCOS, getting Peyton is that.

jarbronco
03-10-2012, 12:43 PM

You should not be burned in effigy, just burned... at the 50 yard line in mile high.

krazy/kz1
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM

So go cry in the corner then, already.

itswutz4dinna
03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
We are a rebuilding team and we have a lot of needs. I don't want to stray from path that we are on, I want to keep getting younger talent through the draft and I would like to use all our money to build the team for long term. Tying up a lot of our cap money into an old Manning who has injury concerns. At best he may come in for a couple years and I don't believe we are 1 player at any position away from the SuperBowl.

That said , I'm SURE that John Elway is doing what he feels is best for the Broncos and has always been a great leader. To say anything else is very shortsighted imo. John Elway is responsible for the whole Denver Broncos team and he will do what he thinks is best for the team as a whole and I will respect that whether I agree or not.

I don't think we're one player away but we might be just one coach away. Too bad McCoy's job is safe for now. In 2009 we went from possibly the worst D of all time to top 10, and it took McDaniel's meddling to keep us out of the playoffs (coahes whose names start with Mc haven't been too kind to us). Then Nolan leaves and we produce maybe the 2nd worst D of all time. So clearly if you want one man to make a huge difference it's always a coach. Look at Wade Phillips in Houston.

It seems like OC's are harder to criticize because it's easy to just blame the QB or other players whereas it's harder to fault Champ when he's instructed to give 15 yard cushions. But IMO it's obvious that Fox-McCoy is the equivalent of Shanny-Slowick or McD-Wink on D.

Now getting a Manning is great because he in all likelihood takes over for McCoy, but it's only really good if we dump McCoy and keep Manning or ANYBODY ELSE in the world as OC once Manning retires (I'll take neckbeard as our OC for Christ's sake). My worst fear is that Manning makes McCoy look like an actual human being and we're F'd for years after Manning is gone. Even worse, maybe we dump Tebow because McCoy screws him up and we're left with no QB or OC.

SoundsOfSuccess
03-10-2012, 07:32 PM

I actually think this is a fair statement and I agree with it

There should be no QB competition next season.

But if Tebow can't hang next season, it may be time for a QB competition.

broncos SB2010
03-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I actually think this is a fair statement and I agree with it

But if Tebow can't hang next season, it may be time for a QB competition.

why not????????

broncosgal24
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
manning is healthy..
ande IF...

great.

But IF..

that will SUCK.

Besides...

Exactly! I don't know why everyone thinks acquiring Manning automatically puts us in the Superbowl. I think there is far greater risk than potential for reward on this one. I'd rather see us keep the momentum going and actually grow our team into a complete "team" instead of depending on one player to get us to a Superbowl. Not everyone can be Elway - just saying.

JakeNbake
03-10-2012, 10:02 PM
LMAO look at the people run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

shawinkerpoppin
03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
LMAO look at the people run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I dont think they realized the quote was taken out of context and the words "we hope" were at the beginning of the sentence.

jcdavey
03-10-2012, 11:25 PM
elway needs to start wearing Hawaiian shirts :D

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0023/8499/gm_aj_smith_crop_340x234.jpg

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
why not????????

Because at some point, with young QBs who are developing, you simply have to put your trust in them and let them go out, fark things up and learn from those mistakes.

Tell Tim to throw into those narrow windows in tight coverage. Sure, you don't want your QB out there doing things that are monumentally stupid, but, you want him to take some risks and learn which passes can be thrown and which ones can't.

On the NFLN this season, one of the former coaches said this very thing when he was reviewing some tape on Andy Dalton and he talked about the difference between Dalton and Tebow's situation. Dalton knew that he had the faith of the FO and that they realized he would make mistakes while deveoping as a QB, Tebow, on the other hand, wasn't afforded that same level of trust or support.

broncos SB2010
03-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Because at some point, with young QBs who are developing, you simply have to put your trust in them and let them go out, fark things up and learn from those mistakes.

Tell Tim to throw into those narrow windows in tight coverage. Sure, you don't want your QB out there doing things that are monumentally stupid, but, you want him to take some risks and learn which passes can be thrown and which ones can't.

On the NFLN this season, one of the former coaches said this very thing when he was reviewing some tape on Andy Dalton and he talked about the difference between Dalton and Tebow's situation. Dalton knew that he had the faith of the FO and that they realized he would make mistakes while deveoping as a QB, Tebow, on the other hand, wasn't afforded that same level of trust or support.

Dalton has shown he is capable of playing QB in the NFL. Tebow has not. Big difference. Trust is earned, not given lightly. Tebow has not earned that trust yet.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Dalton has shown he is capable of playing QB in the NFL. Tebow has not. Big difference. Trust is earned, not given lightly. Tebow has not earned that trust yet.

Like hell Tebow hasn't showed that he's capable. Oh, btw, I guess is missed your attention apparently, but Tebow has ALREADY PLAYED QB in the NFL and he went 8-5 while doing so.

broncos SB2010
03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Like hell Tebow hasn't showed that he's capable. Oh, btw, I guess is missed your attention apparently, but Tebow has ALREADY PLAYED QB in the NFL and he went 8-5 while doing so.

and he looked TERRIBLE doing it...The odds of him doing that again are very very slim.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 08:58 AM
and he looked TERRIBLE doing it...The odds of him doing that again are very very slim.

You have no idea what the odds are, especially given OTAs and TC this year.

He "looked" terrible ? Oh no. Damn, did I miss where they give you less points for a td that "looked terrible" ? Or where the W was somehow worth less if it "looked terrible" ??

broncos SB2010
03-11-2012, 09:03 AM
You have no idea what the odds are, especially given OTAs and TC this year.

He "looked" terrible ? Oh no. Damn, did I miss where they give you less points for a td that "looked terrible" ? Or where the W was somehow worth less if it "looked terrible" ??

You're right. I have no idea about the odds. That is my own opinion. I think I am right though.

And yes, He did look terrible playing QB. Trent Dilfer won the SB and was cut the year after. Why is that? Could it be he didn't play all that well even though he won a SB? After being cut by the Ravens he did nothing in the NFL in 6 more seasons. The same can be said for Tebow. Yes, he won 8 games but he played terrible and most everyone knows it.

jgod654
03-11-2012, 09:12 AM
You're right. I have no idea about the odds. That is my own opinion. I think I am right though.

And yes, He did look terrible playing QB. Trent Dilfer won the SB and was cut the year after. Why is that? Could it be he didn't play all that well even though he won a SB? After being cut by the Ravens he did nothing in the NFL in 6 more seasons. The same can be said for Tebow. Yes, he won 8 games but he played terrible and most everyone knows it.

Except. Dilfer looked just fine. He just sucked when the team needed him to be clutch.

Tebow is the opposite, so yeah bad comparison

Soulbender
03-11-2012, 09:17 AM

ROFLMAO!!!! Sounds like you really don't have faith in Tebow. You know if there is a QB competition in camp this year that there's no way in hell Tim could be anybody the broncos bring in!!!

broncos SB2010
03-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Except. Dilfer looked just fine. He just sucked when the team needed him to be clutch.

Tebow is the opposite, so yeah bad comparison

disagree. people say we should keep Tebow because he won a PO game even though he is not a very good QB. Dilfer won the SB even though he was not a very good QB. Dilfer was cut and did nothing after. What tebow does from here on out is unknown. I think it is a very good comparison.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 09:30 AM

And after the Ravens cut Dilfer, you know, the QB who led them to the SB, they haven't been back since.

You also have the difference of an experienced QB versus a young one. you do of course realize that it usually takes time for a QB to develop, right ?? That would explain why Christian Ponder is still the starter in Minnesota even though he had a very rough first year.

If this had been Tebow's 3rd year as a starter, then you could presume that he wouldn't get better, that he had reached his ceiling. But after 15 freaking games ???

itswutz4dinna
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Dalton also had the advantage of throwing into triple coverage to Green (also known as the Rivers/Stafford effect).

I think what it comes down to is this: Broncos starting QB is the worst job in sports, with the possible exception of Yankees starting pitcher. For somethe reason Cutler is the only QB that Broncos fans didn't hate, until of course he left lol. Add to that, the Broncos are possibly the most hated/shafted team in the NFL (not sure what we ever did to everybody else). Combine that with, for whatever reason UF is the most hated athletic university in the nation. And then add ON TOP of all that, Tebow is the biggest sports figure outside of Michael Jordan (maybe Gretsky but hockey's not that big). Now this I have NO IDEA why. I mean apparrntly Matt Barkeley is the same kind of guy, but most people don't even know that (possibly because USC has been irrelevant since Bushgate). Maybe it's just that he dominated on a school everyone hates. Still, a lot of people hate USC but Matt Leinart never got the Tebow Treatment.

So you add all these things up and it's no wonder so many people hate Tebow and so many love him. I mean I hated MJ back in the day for no good reason, but now I like him and just hate Kobe. It still is a little bafflng though that Tebow is already at MJ status when he hasn't even won a pro title, but that's what makes it even more of a phenomenon.

So basically, no one is ever gonna give an objective opinion on him. It's just not possible.

jgod654
03-12-2012, 07:10 AM
disagree. people say we should keep Tebow because he won a PO game even though he is not a very good QB. Dilfer won the SB even though he was not a very good QB. Dilfer was cut and did nothing after. What tebow does from here on out is unknown. I think it is a very good comparison.

Right but comparing Dilfer to Tebow is like comparing Orton to Tebow. Apples and pears.

jlhawkins9
03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
And after the Ravens cut Dilfer, you know, the QB who led them to the SB, they haven't been back since.

You also have the difference of an experienced QB versus a young one. you do of course realize that it usually takes time for a QB to develop, right ?? That would explain why Christian Ponder is still the starter in Minnesota even though he had a very rough first year.

If this had been Tebow's 3rd year as a starter, then you could presume that he wouldn't get better, that he had reached his ceiling. But after 15 freaking games ???

Yep! People are so funny.. Wonder if these same people will be calling for a new qb if we don't win the divison or win a playoff game?

Oilersfan34
03-12-2012, 08:36 AM

Isnt he 9-7 if you count his starts from last year? He is capable... unfortunately, only in fits and spurts. Where Dalton was capable more often than not.

demosthenes9
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Isnt he 9-7 if you count his starts from last year? He is capable... unfortunately, only in fits and spurts. Where Dalton was capable more often than not.

Will have to go look. For some reason, I was thinking that he still only had 15 starts, including last year. Could be wrong though.

CoryWinget81
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Will have to go look. For some reason, I was thinking that he still only had 15 starts, including last year. Could be wrong though.

He's 9-7 overall.

1-2 in 2010 and 8-5 in 2011.

demosthenes9
03-12-2012, 08:51 AM

JUst checked, and yes, he's 9-7 overall. Either I was mistaken thinking he had 15 starts, OR, I'm thinking back to a conversation that might have been before the Pats game, at which point he would have only had 15 starts.

The point remains that Tebow IS capable. It's more a question of consistency. He's hit every "NFL" throw a number of times. The problem is, he's missed on a bunch of them as well. Some of that wasn't his fault, some of it is squarely on his shoulders. That said, time and experience should help.

So, for someone to say that Tebow has sown that he isn't capable of playing QB in the NFL, they are just flat out wrong.

Oilersfan34
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
JUst checked, and yes, he's 9-7 overall. Either I was mistaken thinking he had 15 starts, OR, I'm thinking back to a conversation that might have been before the Pats game, at which point he would have only had 15 starts.

The point remains that Tebow IS capable. It's more a question of consistency. He's hit every "NFL" throw a number of times. The problem is, he's missed on a bunch of them as well. Some of that wasn't his fault, some of it is squarely on his shoulders. That said, time and experience should help.

So, for someone to say that Tebow has sown that he isn't capable of playing QB in the NFL, they are just flat out wrong.

I agree with you. Tebow can and will get better. Where we differ is ceiling. I think his ceiling is "game manger" Trent Dilfer type. You think he has a much higher ceiling... I won't say who because I don't who you think he can become. So, you look and see the Broncos treating a future HOF QB poorly and I see the Broncos trying to get something beyond game manager on their roster.

broncofanatik
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I agree with you. Tebow can and will get better. Where we differ is ceiling. I think his ceiling is "game manger" Trent Dilfer type. You think he has a much higher ceiling... I won't say who because I don't who you think he can become. So, you look and see the Broncos treating a future HOF QB poorly and I see the Broncos trying to get something beyond game manager on their roster.

You are also orton fan so that makes your points irrelevant.

CoryWinget81
03-12-2012, 10:05 AM

I'm a Broncos fan, and I think Tebow is going to get better.

I don't think he'll ever be elite.

His career will massively decline when he can't use his legs to get him out of trouble anymore.

broncoFan!
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
The last time I heard that, it was with Cutler. Elway, you better dang well be right or this could all come crashing down your head. I will support whomever is a Bronco, but I have a realllllllllllll bad feeling about getting a 35 year old, neck surgery riddem QB, who missed all of last year, and who imo should just retire.

kratos_godofwar
03-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm a Broncos fan, and I think Tebow is going to get better.

I don't think he'll ever be elite.

His career will massively decline when he can't use his legs to get him out of trouble anymore.

While I agree with you, but if Manning does come in and Tebow doesn't ask to be traded. Tebow could actually improve his game significantly with Manning's help.

Oilersfan34
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM

Haha!!! Orton sucks!!! I would take tebow over Orton any day of the week.

LSIGRAD09
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If fans weren't so rabid, I am unsure if Elway and Co. would continuously have to say something to put out the fire.

Like this.

demosthenes9
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM

Pretty fair assessment of the situation. I'd gather that I believe Tebow could be kind of like Steve Young. I don't think he will ever be a finesse passer like Manning or Brady.

In the end, I'm still stuck with the belief that he is pretty much off the scale in those intangibles that can't be taught or learned, and his deficiencies at the moment are in areas that can be improved through practice, repetition and experience.

Again, not saying that he definitely will reach those kind of heights, just that the potential is there. So yeah, a much higher ceiling that just a "game manager" like Dilfer.

RustyGator
03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
The last time I heard that, it was with Cutler. Elway, you better dang well be right or this could all come crashing down your head. I will support whomever is a Bronco, but I have a realllllllllllll bad feeling about getting a 35 year old, neck surgery riddem QB, who missed all of last year, and who imo should just retire.

I guess Elway is more comfortable having his management legacy carried by an old, injured Peyton Manning than a young, unknown Tim Tebow. That's his decision and he'll have to live with it. No one knows for sure how it'll end up...it's just Elway's preference.

Maybe the whole situation could be a win-win. Manning gets to play where he wants for a system better fit for him (than Tebow). And Tebow gets traded to a team that actually believes in him and builds a system even better suited for him.

The thing for Tebow is that if the Broncos don't get Manning, then we'll be in the same exact situation next year (or even sooner) unless he wins a Super Bowl. And even then who knows.

Perhaps the Bronco's back-up plan should be Flynn (or a draft pick) and not Tebow.

KWHIT97
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Elway is a liar, that is all!

Bernie24
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
They probably weren't thinking of Manning as a possibility when they said that.

getlynched47
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Exactly.

Elway said this BEFORE Peyton Manning became available.

CoryWinget81
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM

That's what I said.

I was told that if Elway didn't know Manning would consider coming to Denver 3 months ago he should be fired.

Bernie24
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
It's like I have a really good sammich

And someone asks me, "hey dude you gonna finish that?" after I take a bite

So im like "hellz yeah im gonna finish this it's a good sammich"

And then all of a sudden this dude offers me a 12 course lobster entree meal.

Of course im gonna drop the sandwhich and take the lobster. Lobster, you can't turn that down.

But hopefully we put the sammich in the fridge for later!

jarbronco
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM

Of course im gonna drop the sandwhich and take the lobster. Lobster, you can't turn that down.

What an inspiriing metaphore , sammiches and Lobster.... I am going to steal that.

LarryDean
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM

:coffee:

:logo:

jarbronco
03-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Wait! Did you just call Tebow a tasty sammich?

RustyGator
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Wait! Did you just call Tebow a tasty sammich?

A lot of women probably think so.

Hilarious metaphor for Tebow and Manning. Is Manning an old lobster that's been in the tank for awhile and you're not so sure if you'll get sick from it or not?

Bernie24
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
traded the sammich for a scratchie ticket

hopefully we win $100 bucks. i've seen it done before.

japfaff
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM

I guess that I am a lil smarter than some of you thought....

jcdavey
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
I guess that I am a lil smarter than some of you thought....

elway always seemed to be very disingenuous about teebs

7MileHIGH7
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Its a business. Sometimes things dont work out. Elway did no wrong, and the Broncos will ride on!

Elway
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM

You mean you doubted those half heated approvals and grimaces he did every time Tim won and he knew the camera was on him, when inside he was thinking, "How am I gonna unload this kid if he keeps winning?"

He found his answer.

japfaff
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM

yeah....he looked like he was getting tortured on TV watching TT work in the 4th quarters......It is best for all that he is gone....I really wish him the best of luck with the JETS....I bet TT and antonio cromartie will have a lot in common

BroncoooJohnson
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM
yeah....he looked like he was getting tortured on TV watching TT work in the 4th quarters......It is best for all that he is gone....I really wish him the best of luck with the JETS....I bet TT and antonio cromartie will have a lot in common

They're polar opposites; Cromartie has all of the natural ability in the world, but got traded because he can't keep his mouth (or pants) closed.

Tebow has the heart, but wasn't gifted with the best arm. He got traded and our Vice President said it breaks his heart to do so. Nothing like that would ever be said about Cromartie. Amidst the Manning drama, Tebow has held to himself, and we all know Tebow doesn't have 67 children.

jcdavey
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
i completely understand where elway was coming from too

i mean, you can only go so long with a qb who really only shows up in the 4th qtr

it's ulcer inducing

jcdavey
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM

i won't be shocked if cro is dealt in a draft trade

Hoserman117
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
They're polar opposites; Cromartie has all of the natural ability in the world, but got traded because he can't keep his mouth (or pants) closed.

Tebow has the heart, but wasn't gifted with the best arm. He got traded and our Vice President said it breaks his heart to do so. Nothing like that would ever be said about Cromartie. Amidst the Manning drama, Tebow has held to himself, and we all know Tebow doesn't have 67 children.

I'm pretty sure he said that because Cromartie has been tweeting about how he really doesn't want Tebow coming to the Jets, and he thinks the Jets making that trade would be an awful idea...

jaytea11
03-22-2012, 06:14 AM
i completely understand where elway was coming from too

i mean, you can only go so long with a qb who really only shows up in the 4th qtr

it's ulcer inducing

^^^ Exactly......:sad:

EFCbronco
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Elway is a liar, that is all!

Ageed m8, thats the thing that bugs me most, is Elway saying he wouldn't lie to the fans. I also think he has shown no respect to the fans or Tebow with this trade. I mean we traded a QB who could have developed behind Manning for a 4th round pick :sad:when we used a 1st to get him and now will have to spend a 2nd on a QB in the draft :sad: . Were as Tebow has shown he can win in the NFL and any QB we take in the draft has a 90% chance of being a bust. So this doesn't make any sense to trade him for so little, I would get it if we traded him coz it was going to make the Broncos better but IMO it doesn't, as God help us if Manning gets hurt. Because atleast with Tebow as backup QB we had some1 we knew could win us a game or 2 if needed.

Now b4 some of you guys start. I am a Denver Broncos fan :goz: not a Tebow fan but i will wish him all the best and hope he helps NYJ win alot of games(well that is unless there playing us ;) ). And think Elway need to show him more respect for what he did last season for us.

I would also like to say if it wasn't for Elway we wouldn't have Manning so he isn't all bad lol + Elway will always be my fav player of alltime,i just think he has shown no class in the way he has gone about getting ride of Tebow.

Jack's Username
03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
If I tell my boss I'm not leaving my job, and then a month later I win the lottery - I'm leaving my job. I guess that makes me a liar. Circumstances change.

fairweatherh8r
03-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Its called trade value folks! You think if John was like "Man, this Tebow kid, he is a nice dude, but holy crap he sucks at playing QB! Who knows, maybe he will come back better, but hopefully we will have Manning and it wont matter so hopefully we can trade the kid"...come on guys, we had to get SOMETHING for him.

AdamSchefter
03-22-2012, 10:29 PM
The oline is not bad already with clady,beadles,walton(getting better),Orlando Franklin (also getting better) Chris kuper...lastly we do have Ryan Harris back who played great for us 2 years ago last year he left to eagles got hurt, released and came back...id rather have saturday over walton. walton could learn and be a good back up.

InElwayWeTrust
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
The oline is not bad already with clady,beadles,walton(getting better),Orlando Franklin (also getting better) Chris kuper...lastly we do have Ryan Harris back who played great for us 2 years ago last year he left to eagles got hurt, released and came back...id rather have saturday over walton. walton could learn and be a good back up.

Well if Schefty said it, it has to be true. :D

AdamSchefter
03-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Well if Schefty said it, it has to be true. :D

straight off the blackberry...Sources close to me are saying Brian Griese has been contacted to become the Broncos Water Boy.

Broncoholic3233
03-22-2012, 10:38 PM
straight off the blackberry...Sources close to me are saying Brian Griese has been contacted to become the Broncos Water Boy.

You got the screen repaired then!?!?

Good man, good man.

Remedy
03-22-2012, 10:39 PM
You got the screen repaired then!?!?

Good man, good man.

I was just thinking the same thing. haha

rst08tierney
03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Move this thread to other nfl teams

AdamSchefter
03-22-2012, 11:02 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. haha

No ESPN gave me stephen a smith's because they finally realized he has no contacts, does nothing, and knows nothing about sports.

InElwayWeTrust
03-22-2012, 11:04 PM
No ESPN gave me stephen a smith's because they finally realized he has no contacts, does nothing, and knows nothing about sports.

Yeah but he sure can scream. :laugh:

broncosflow
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Whatever, its the nature of the business!

Chillez
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Move this thread to other nfl teams

This ^^^

Tebow not Bronco anymore time to move on. :coffee:

krazy/kz1
03-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Lol. That's just good stuff there.:D

Cyrend
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Why is this thread still around?