PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins “Feels good,” wants to return

catsigater
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Despite Mike Klis’ report that Brian Dawkins is “expected to retire,” it appears that Dawkins would like to return in 2012. Per Ray Didinger of CSNPhilly.com, Dawkins wants to play a seventeenth season in the NFL.

Brian Dawkins is not yet ready to call it a career.

Despite missing all or parts of five games last season with a neck injury, Dawkins says he feels good now and hopes to return for another season with the Denver Broncos.

Interestingly, Dawkins said that the ball is in the Broncos’ court. If the team does not release him, he will return. If Denver parts ways with the 38-year-old safety, Dawkins will not re-sign with another team, not even the Philadelphia Eagles.

Read the rest here...

http://broncotalk.net/2012/02/30468/broncos-buzz/brian-dawkins-feels-good-wants-to-return/

Remedy
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
If weapon X is healthy and good to play I certainly hope he returns.

killacal
02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
if he is healthy and passes a physical keep him

jarbronco
02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I have had pinched nerves on and off my whole life. It's not something you can predict or prevent. I know his was aggravated by contact, but if it's anything like mine, he could heal up and not have another flair up in years, or he could wake up tommorrow and feel worse than when he first injured it. I hope he can last another season, and the boys in the FO see fit to bring him back. It could lead to quite a season next year.

Starbroncs
02-27-2012, 06:06 PM
im not sure how I feel about dawkins anymore. Hes beyond ancient, 38? 39? Thats freaking old for a qb let alone safety, hes awful in pass coverage and thats what the nfl is now anyways. It really hurts us when he goes down so im wondering if it would be better to just have a younger guy that can solidify the position.

Pruke
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
With the neck being the issue, I'm afraid it's Al Wilson all over. That was a sad day.

ERoyal248
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
If he's cleared healthy, and feels he can play, he should come back.

If not, let the young safeties duke it out.

#1BRONCSFAN
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
If he is healthy bring him back. His presence on the field is freaking great alone. IMO he can play on crutches and I would be happy with it LOL

the0rangecrush
02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
The problem is he has a hard time staying healthy. We saw how bad the D got when we didn't have a guy that could come up and play in the box. I hope our young guys can step up, Carter was the closest but needs to improve and Moore isn't close. We might have to upgrade

BroncosPWNn00bs
02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Would love to have him around for 1 more season :salute: I sure hope we can get him and Champ rings. I know Dawkins is really running out of time, and Champ isn't far behind. Those 2 players deserve rings though. :salute:

broncolee
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
If they keep him around, they should still bring in someone through free agency to compete with Carter and Moore for the other safety spot.

It sure would be nice to have Dawkins around for one more season.

Broncoboy6
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I never had a doubt that Brian wouldn't play after seeing him play in the Pro Bowl. The fire is still burning and i believe that he is more than capable of doing so (if not, i suggest Skelaxon every night until TC).

Portia11
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
If he is healthy bring him back. His presence on the field is freaking great alone. IMO he can play on crutches and I would be happy with it LOL
LOL at the crutches. I was surprised at how different the defense seemed with BDawk playing, advising/encouraging from the sidelines as he always does didn't seem to work, he needs to be in the game. He is the heart and soul of the Broncos.

broncolassiter
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Even if he can't play every game, he is still a good mentor for the younger players. Won't have to break the bank to keep him, so if he can play, then by all means bring him back!

tacmale
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Bring him back another year of tutelage for our young safeties couldn't hurt, especially for Moore.

All the Orange
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
The wolverine. I remember a few of the games and it seemed like he was out there playing by himself, making RBs wish they were never born. I would love to have him for another year, even though he seems to be a liability in pass coverage. Maybe we could sub out a more cover safety for throwing downs.