PDA

View Full Version : Bears' Bell on Tebow: 'He seems to be really genuine'

OrangeandBlue88
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8274fb99/article/bears-bell-on-tebow-he-seems-to-be-really-genuine

He's not dining with the Packers or riding pleasure boats with the Vikings, but the Bears' Kahlil Bell was spotted hanging out with the opposition this week.

The former UCLA running back was on campus working out when he bumped into Tim Tebow, the Broncos quarterback who engineered one of the most crushing Bears losses of last season.

Bell introduced himself and offered to run routes for Tebow, who's working on his mechanics with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

"(Tebow) seems to be really genuine," Bell told the Chicago Tribune on Wednesday. "And he seems to be really focused on getting better. Every time he throws in a drill, he's trying to improve his craft, and you respect that as a competitor. It's kind of hard not to have respect for him because the dude beat us last year."

Did he ever.

The Broncos were left for dead against the Bears in Week 14, before Tebow and Co. erased a 10-point deficit in the final 2:08 of regulation en route to a 13-10 overtime victory. Marion Barber's critical fumble and Matt Prater's magical foot helped (the latter hit a 59-yard field goal at the end of regulation and a 51-yarder to win it in OT), but no matter: Denver's heroics sent Tebowmania into the stratosphere and Chicago into a tailspin.

Bell, who's set to become a free agent March 13, obviously is over it.

"It's the offseason and a good time for everyone to improve their games, so that's what he's doing and that's what I'm doing," Bell said. "It's good to work out with other NFL players to try to stay in shape and stay on the grind."

tebowgirl15
03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
That was a nice read. Thanks for posting.

Buckin' Bronco
03-02-2012, 08:08 AM
This is good stuff. It's really cool he offered to run routes for Tebow. This is part of the reason why I don't buy it when people say receivers don't want to come here. We changed our offense midflight last year so to speak, of course we're not going to sling it a crazy amount. Next year we will definitely have a more balance offense in my opinion. I think people just might line up around Dove Valley for a shot to catch passes from Tebow.

jarbronco
03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
This is good stuff. It's really cool he offered to run routes for Tebow. This is part of the reason why I don't buy it when people say receivers don't want to come here. We changed our offense midflight last year so to speak, of course we're not going to sling it a crazy amount. Next year we will definitely have a more balance offense in my opinion. I think people just might line up around Dove Valley for a shot to catch passes from Tebow.

I agree, but what I think people mean by recievers not wanting to come here, are the selfish, gotta get my catches recievers. There are a lot of hard blocking guys around who can catch the ball, who don't necessarily fit this model. Unfortunatly the Keyshawn Johnsons of the world out number the Ed McCaffreys.

THEdraftnik
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I wanted Bell here before he said this. He's a good back.

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Why would they line up to catch passes from the worst passer in the league that plays on the team with the lowest rated passing offense?

THEdraftnik
03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Why would they line up to catch passes from the worst passer in the league that plays on the team with the lowest rated passing offense?

They really enjoy blocking?

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
They really enjoy blocking?

That would be one valid reason :):salute:

-Rod-
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM

If you think Tebow is the worst passer in the league, you haven't seen other guys - such as Colin Kaepernick - throw the ball.

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 07:09 PM
If you think Tebow is the worst passer in the league, you haven't seen other guys - such as Colin Kaepernick - throw the ball.

Kaepernick has thrown 5 NFL passes so far. He went 3 for 3 then 0 for 2. In his 3 for 3...he completed his first pass for 11 yards and a first down. His third pass was for 19 yards for a first down on 4th and 3. How terrible of him!!! 2 out of his 3 passes were for 1st downs...shameful!!! Hard to judge a guy on 5 passes don't you think?

THEdraftnik
03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Kaepernick has thrown 5 NFL passes so far. He went 3 for 3 then 0 for 2. In his 3 for 3...he completed his first pass for 11 yards and a first down. His third pass was for 19 yards for a first down on 4th and 3. How terrible of him!!! 2 out of his 3 passes were for 1st downs...shameful!!! Hard to judge a guy on 5 passes don't you think?

Tim Tebow's first pass was a touchdown... just saying :D

-Rod-
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Kaepernick during preseason:

24/50 (48%) 5.1 YPA - 0 TD 5 INT - 23.9 QB rate.

I watched him. It was really ugly.

Bad mechanics like Tebow, and even worse awareness.

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Kaepernick during preseason:

24/50 (48%) 5.1 YPA - 0 TD 5 INT - 23.9 QB rate.

I watched him. It was really ugly.

Bad mechanics like Tebow, and even worse awareness.

Is this how we judge people now? On preseason?

Jay3
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM

Brady Quinn hasn't taken a snap as a Bronco. Why are we hearing such wonderful things about what might have been?

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Brady Quinn hasn't taken a snap as a Bronco. Why are we hearing such wonderful things about what might have been?

At least he has played in the NFL

-Rod-
03-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Well, that's how you judged Tebow and Quinn before the season. :coffee:

Buckin' Bronco
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM

Bingo! It's funny how people throw an argument out of the window when it doesn't benefit their point of view. All we heard was Quinn looked good in the preseason he deserved a shot. The reality of the situation is he has a 7 QB rating in a preseason game and hasn't done jack squat as a pro QB in the NFL.

broncos SB2010
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM

I was comparing 2 players on the same team playing at the same time period, often in the same games. You were comparing 2 different players on 2 different teams one in preseason games and the other in regular season games. not quite the same now is it?

-Rod-
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I was comparing 2 players on the same team playing at the same time period, often in the same games. You were comparing 2 different players on 2 different teams one in preseason games and the other in regular season games. not quite the same now is it?

Hmmm... But you just called Tebow "the worst passer in the league".

Why would they line up to catch passes from the worst passer in the league

When you do something like this, aren't you comparing Tebow to different players on different teams? :confused:

BroncoooJohnson
03-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Now you're just rambling :coffee:

since when can we NOT judge players on preseason? That's EXACTLY what he was in there for.

Edit: Plus, Tebow's numbers were better when they counted. there really is no argument that Kaepernick is a better passer.